PDA

View Full Version : How to expose the Lakers weaknesses..

HarlemHeat37
04-18-2013, 01:04 AM
The current Lakers have an abundance of weaknesses, tbh..

- They don't have a single perimeter player that can create his own shot or create for others..

All of their current perimeter players are one dimensional spot-up shooters, with the exception of World Peace, although his only move is barreling through the lane and hoping for the best..

- Their perimeter defenders are horrible..

Blake is below average, Meeks is terrible, Jamison is atrocious, World Peace is slow, etc..Earl Clark is a pretty decent defensive player, but his minutes are sporadic..

- They are the 29th ranked transition defensive team in the NBA..

It's their biggest defensive weakness, tbh..they don't get back on D quickly..

- They can't defend the pick&roll..

Howard's mobility is improving, but the Lakers still can't defend the pick&roll..it has given them a ton of trouble this season..

Strategiclly, how do the Spurs exploit these weaknesses, tbh?..

spurraider21
04-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Just don't go underneath a Blake screen and bail him out. He wants to pull up. He's afraid of the paint.

Spursfanfromafar
04-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Parker has to get back to normalcy. If Parker goes about his P&R, side P&R, penetrating routine, the Lakers will have no answer to the Spurs' variegated offense. If on the other hand, Parker is hobbled and is forced to defer to others, the Lakers will take a chance by being aggressive on him and will expect Green and Leonard to shrink in the limelight.

Splitter has to defend Gasol, who seems to have regained his form and physical shape over the course of the season, while I think clever use of the Hack-a-Dwight will yield benefits if the Spurs are not able to set the tone in the games.

But yes, the backcourt is key. The Lakers without Nash & Kobe are very weak in shot creation and perimeter defense and it is upto Parker, Ginobili and Leonard to do the needful.

Spursfanfromafar
04-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Oh, by the way, I expect the Spurs to win 4-1, the one loss being a miracle game by Gasol & Howard.

Mugen
04-18-2013, 01:10 AM
I'd pressure Mongoloid Blake full court. I'd probably put Danny + CoJo on him and just pressure him all game long. He's got that Beno look tbh.

I wouldn't double Howard or Gasol.

Pick n roll em to death. As good as Tim looked last time, i don't see him puttng up that type of production over a 7game series against Gasol/Howard.

If Parker is 80-85% of where he was mid-season, Spurs should win in 5 or less tbh.

playblair
04-18-2013, 01:13 AM
dont have bonner guard jamison ................................

freetiago
04-18-2013, 01:17 AM
put Leonard on Blake all game
Parker hasnt been able to get through screens at all
Ridnour was torching him and blocking his shots the other way
hide Parker on Meeks and have him stick to him, none of the pack the paint garbage

baseline double on Howard if necessary
Hack
Play Baynes no Blair
no stupid outlet passes that result in turnovers
Spurs cant make layups, feel like they know LA is a bad transition team and will try to push it but since everyone is a scrub theyll just turn it over
push the pace to force the Lakers to pick up whoever is closest resulting in matchup problems

DesignatedT
04-18-2013, 01:19 AM
A healthy Tony Parker would be enough to exploit all of the above flaws 2-4. Unfortunately, this still remains unknown.

It will be a fine line between wanting to get out and run and helping our guys on the glass because we can't let Gasol and Howard have a field day on the offensive glass.

DAF86
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM
High pick and rolls, and when I say high I mean "beyond the three point line" high.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM
I hope Blair doesn't play.

Brunodf
04-18-2013, 01:23 AM
1- Fast Pace
2- Blake/Jamison's man should never help on DH
3- Keep Gasol in check(NO BLAIR).

Robz4000
04-18-2013, 01:25 AM
If Tony isn't healthy, bring him off the bench and start CoJo. Lakers can't pack the paint and the Spurs would have a great defense. Start Manu in place of Green to offset the lack of playmaking. Also play Baynes instead of Blair but I doubt that happens. Would be a great series to see if T-mac can do anything.

BatManu20
04-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Move the damn ball around with this team. They're not that athletic and not great defensively, if we move the ball around like we're capable of, we can get great looks against these guys. If Tony decides to show up and plays well, this thing will be easy money. Otherwise, we'll have to grind out wins.

EricB
04-18-2013, 01:26 AM
They remind me a lot of the 2007 Jazz. Talented but so damn dumb..

DesignatedT
04-18-2013, 01:27 AM
How many times will we see the Hack a Howard this series? Every game? :lol

TrainOfThought5
04-18-2013, 01:49 AM
We only need Duncan to be great for 4 games. that is all it will take to beat the Lakers.

Pops coaching will prove key.

Nero5
04-18-2013, 05:50 AM
how to beat them:

You need to get Howard tired to take some of his athleticism away from him coz splitter and timmy cannot deal with it...if they try they get tired. So give baynes two 7 minute blocks of time with a role: go hard at the boards and to muscle howard and run hard. At that time rest splitter - he needs energy to take the load up when he's on the court.
Vary the pace - don't play LA's game. Run mills/decolo as change of pace players.
Bombs away: get bonner effing shooting early and run a couple of plays for him. Hell it'd shock me, so imagine what 3 early 3's from bonner would do.
Work the weak side rotation more on O for Timmy. He's facing younger guys, give him a break and get him the ball close and clean off a double screen or back screen.
Make blake run on defence, take his legs away from him and his shooting will drop

Raven
04-18-2013, 06:07 AM
play as fast as possible, no matter how many tournovers we make, pass the freaking ball and don't dribble. Last year's spurs, would sweep these lakers by 30pt/game.

spurraider21
04-18-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't want to see Baynes defending Howard. If Baynes gets minutes, I'd have him front Howard, and hack the shit out of him if he gets the ball. Hard fouls though. I think Baynes is athletic enough to front him and make it difficult for a lob entry.

callo1
04-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Show up...game over