PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Which team was the biggest EPIC fail this season?

Thebesteva
04-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Which team you got as the biggest epic fail this year? Lakers were close but after all the BS, making it to 7 seems like an accomplishment.

I gotta go with Philly...they were considered a contender but I think they destroyed their franchise by investing in Andrew Glassknees and they will probably resign that faggot to a long term contract.

Who you got?

Venti Quattro
04-18-2013, 03:58 AM
Lakers...the team was destined to do well and they just made the playoffs on the last reg season game day.

Thebesteva
04-18-2013, 04:00 AM
Lakers...the team was destined to do well and they just made the playoffs on the last reg season game day.

I didn't buy into them doing great, maybe that's why I wasnt so shocked but I was stunned to see how long it took to get to .500 for them. I really thought they wouldnt make it to .500 at one point.

- I thought it was obvious because Nash looked very weak and frail when they signed him
- Dwight's back injury was very serious
- Mike Brown was the wrong coach
- Gasol looked done last year
- Kobe got another year older
- No young guns signed outside of Jodie Meeks who sucks

UNCLE-DREW
04-18-2013, 04:06 AM
I didn't buy into them doing great, maybe that's why I wasnt so shocked but I was stunned to see how long it took to get to .500 for them. I really thought they wouldnt make it to .500 at one point.

- I thought it was obvious because Nash looked very weak and frail when they signed him
- Dwight's back injury was very serious
- Mike Brown was the wrong coach
- Gasol looked done last year
- Kobe got another year older
- No young guns signed outside of Jodie Meeks who sucks

anyone who says anything different then lakers are delusional laker fans.

$100 mil for 7th seed on the last play day is an epic fail, It doesn't matter who believed or had question marks in the beginning.

Venti Quattro
04-18-2013, 04:07 AM
Still, I had them around at least a HCA in the first round. The obvious talent, despite the deficiencies, were enough to give them at least that. But the starting 5 of Nash, Kobe, Artest, Pau and D12 is atrocious and player health was a constant problem for the Lakers during the season.

And for they were being paid $100 million for crying out loud. You would think they'd have some decency.

Reck
04-18-2013, 04:12 AM
There really is no other epic fail season other than the Lakers.

Philly does the same every year. Last yesr they went like 20 and 7 to start the season and completely colapsed in the end.

spurraider21
04-18-2013, 04:40 AM
Spurs

- midnightpulp

midnightpulp
04-18-2013, 04:44 AM
Spurs

- midnightpulp

In two weeks, we'll know.

KaiRMD1
04-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Lakers by far, they barely got into the playoffs the last week of the season with a loaded starting lineup (that is now just three)

Latarian Milton
04-18-2013, 07:27 AM
no one ever thought of philly as a contender since the 01' team disbanded imho. the biggest fail of the season has to be the lakers with no one else coming close. shit couldn't be more epic when your team was hailed as a close 2nd place next only to miami but had to fight your asses off through the whole season for a playoff seat, i'd rather see my team miss the playoffs in a similar situation tbh, even though it's not gonna be easy to miss the playoffs in the east

Thread
04-18-2013, 07:50 AM
We're just startin'.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2013, 07:50 AM
L:lolkers by far.... they spent $100 million to sneak into the playoffs on the last day of the season (WITHOUT Kirby's chucking) and get their asses raped in the first round :lmao

Thread
04-18-2013, 07:52 AM
L:lolkers by far.... they spent $100 million to sneak into the playoffs on the last day of the season (WITHOUT Kirby's chucking) and get their asses raped in the first round :lmao

And you'll be there with us in last place. & 27 others of ya.

Yep, yep.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2013, 07:53 AM
And you'll be there with us in last place. & 27 others of ya.

Yep, yep.
Your shoeshine cost $100 mil, mine only cost $73 mil :lol

Thread
04-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Your shoeshine cost $100 mil, mine only cost $73 mil :lol

Fine with me. In the end you'll be in last place with us & 27 others.

Chop/chop.

Killakobe81
04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Mehhh ..Lakers?
But again despite it all they STILL have a SLIM chance to get where I projected ... 2nd round ...

ambchang
04-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Will be the Spurs in two weeks.

Thread
04-18-2013, 08:58 AM
^It wouldn't beat not giving that Pick to these humps, but, it would be right below it.

Sportcamper
04-18-2013, 09:26 AM

Metta World Peace finally admitted he was off on his 70-win prediction with 81 of 82 games in the book ... "I didn't think we'd be in this situation," World Peace said after the Lakers' final practice of the regular season Tuesday. "I was wrong. I thought we was going to have a really great record. I was wrong. "I was wrong. I thought it was going to be amazing ... It still is amazing, actually."

The guy is so crackers....:lol