PDA

View Full Version : My Music (only music freaks allowed)

Pages : [1] 2

Avante
04-18-2013, 07:58 AM
It's all arranged by what kind if music and then by artist and then by theme. Everything is either CD, cassette or records. If added up around six thousand individual CD's/tapes/records. Started building this library back in the early 60's. Constantly adding to it.

It really is pretty awe inspiring, everything from primitive blues to Beethoven, from antique country to rap. Got...The Big Bands and Satchmo from the early 20's. The very first recordings ever by...

Elvis...those legendary Sun Studio Recordings
Lead Belly...in prison
Muddy Waters...on his porch at the Stovall Plantation
Mississippi Fred McDowel...on his front porch in Como Mississippi
Hank Williams
The Beatles long before Ed Sullivan

.....actually this list would be too long even for a list lover like myself.

Everything has a place, I could find what I need in the dark.

Mixing is what I enjoy the most, yep, playing with the music. What goes with what, how cool/smooth can you make it? You could never mix...

Lightnin' Hopkins
Lefty Frizzell
Everlast
Miles Davis
Blondie
The Drifters

......yuck!

But you could mix..

Amos Lee
Noah Jones
Mark Lemhouse
Ray Lamontagne
Lucinda Williams

I also like to learn about the histories involved. Who influensed who. Willie Nelson growing up listening to Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys on the radio. The influense Woody Guthrie had on Bob Dylan. The influense rural American southern blues had on the British. Tom Waits listening to those field recordings by the Lomax's back in the 30's and 40's, a lot made in prisons.

If you lived in the southwest in the mid 30's and had a radio..........

mjdQ1X2y9qU&playnext=1&list=PL799EFA2A52B1FE96&feature=results_video

Both Georgia White and Chippie Hill recorded that tune prior, but few white folks listened to race records, that "jiggaboo music".

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Yes, you've told us before. Daily actually.

Avante
04-18-2013, 08:55 AM

Dude, stick to...

paste

Loosen what? I'm confused. Oh wait, no I'm not. You're just a fucktard.

Ok?

Why read it again then asshole?

Why do the Spurs have so many dummies for fans?

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Dude, stick to...

paste

Loosen what? I'm confused. Oh wait, no I'm not. You're just a fucktard.

Ok?

Why read it again then asshole?

Why do the Spurs have so many dummies for fans?

1. wot?
2. didn't read, just read the title.
3. you're a bad troll

Avante
04-18-2013, 09:09 AM
1. wot?
2. didn't read, just read the title.
3. you're a bad troll

You saw that as trolling despite the fact you didn't read it, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do it like this idiot, I look for threads that might interest me. Ever thought about giving that a shot? It appears all you do around here is...wahwahwah...why is that? Life really that fucked for you?

Never seen so many who come here just to pester, wow! Sex/movies/food.....anything else....

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 09:11 AM
You saw that as trolling despite the fact you didn't read it, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do it like this idiot, I look for threadsthat might interest me. Ever thought about giving that a shot? It appears all you do around here is...wahwahwah...why is that? Life really that fucked for you?

:lol :lol :lol

Yep, my life is a wreck, I'm not sure how I'd manage without bitching about you. Thanks for at least providing that.

One question before I let you go: If nobody likes you here, what does the rest of the world think of you??

I'm going to get outta here now, as this thread disappears into oblivion like the rest of your threads.

Avante
04-18-2013, 09:14 AM
:lol

Yep, my life is a wreck, I'm not sure how I'd manage without bitching about you. Thanks for at least providing that.

One question before I let you go: If nobody likes you here, what does the rest of the world think of you??

Dude, ya do nothing but bitch. Who likes anyone around here?

So ya can't talk music, why be here?

You might wanna try and get your facts straight, my threads fall off into oblivion...??????????????? Ya might wanna double check that.

Hmmm? Of the 37 threads you've started, 19 of them had less than 9 replies and then there's all those with...0. So, ya might wanna shut the fuck up.

Avante
04-18-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm looking to talk to those who are deep down into the music. They never drive without that days special sound. They read up on the artists, the history. They know the roots of it all. I'm not looking to deal with the dummies out there who can't figure it out.

So who out there can match my music intensity?

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 11:49 AM
:lmao

Still begging for someone other than me to post in your thread and match your "music intensity".

I'll do you a favor and keep this thread at the top!

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Still begging for someone other than me to post in your thread and match your "music intensity".

I'll do you a favor and keep this thread at the top!

Well if we took your...

Golf Tips
Texas Stars
When Stern Retires
Hello DeJuan
Kidd
No Tony in MVP converstion

...threads and added up all the replies.....2

So I don't think you can help me.

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Well if we took your...

Golf Tips
Texas Stars
When Stern Retires
Hello DeJuan
Kidd

:lol this is great, thanks!

It's now funny how you're not getting the point, but hey, some people "get it" and well, some people just don't.

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:12 PM
:lol this is great, thanks!

It's now funny how you're not getting the point, but hey, some people "get it" and well, some people just don't.

I agree 100%, here you are a guy who gets less action than I do talking bullshit.

Didn't you see...Music Freaks Only....so why are you here?

mrsmaalox
04-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm looking to talk to those who are deep down into the music. They never drive without that days special sound. They read up on the artists, the history. They know the roots of it all. I'm not looking to deal with the dummies out there who can't figure it out.

Maybe someone at a music forum?

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Maybe someone at a music forum?

So we need a movie, sex, food, TV, bodybuilding, forum to find those intense about those topics? How about books and reading? Art?

jag
04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
It really is pretty awe inspiring

Not even a little bit.

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Not even a little bit.

Don't get out much do ya slick? Totally clueless.

I got stuff from pre1900.

jag
04-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Not even the slightest bit of awe.

Blake
04-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Dude, ya do nothing but bitch.

smh lol @ your bitching

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Not even the slightest bit of awe.

When was the last time you heard....

rKCcPi_IBXs

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:43 PM
smh lol @ your bitching

How about counter punching, ever see me start anything?

Blake
04-18-2013, 12:45 PM
How about counter punching, ever see me start anything?

:cry

jag
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
When was the last time you heard....

Probably the last time I typed the name of that song into the youtube search bar...which was never. There's a reason for that.

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM

It'll be ok little fella, I'm just fucking with ya, actually I think your cute. I get a kick out of ya.

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Probably the last time I typed the name of that song into the youtube search bar...which was never. There's a reason for that.

Yeah I know you've never heard of Eric Burdon. How about....

ls7unxVDPzU&playnext=1&list=PL5BA2B1384E346DEA&feature=results_video

Widden those horizons little man. This shit you hear today wasn't always like that, really. And if ya know where to look there is some great stuff out right now.

Avante
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
It was...music...freaks, not just freaks.

jag
04-18-2013, 12:58 PM
As far as your music is concerned, my awe is like your ability to see your own dick; it doesn't exist.

Avante
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
As far as your music is concerned, my awe is like your ability to see your own dick; it doesn't exist.

I gotta be honest with ya little man, you might get a nut staring at a dick, I don't.

So why post on a thread about music when it's obvious ya don't knoiw shit about it?

manufan10
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Well if we took your...

Golf Tips
Texas Stars
When Stern Retires
Hello DeJuan
Kidd

How many replies in your threads are actually about the subject in your OP?

Avante
04-18-2013, 01:04 PM
How many replies in your threads are actually about the subject in your OP?

The bottom line is always....impact...on these forums. People come here looking for some entertainment. They're at work bored shitless and wanna fuck around. I realize all that.

benefactor
04-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Retired people discovering the internet is the worst thing to happen to this country since the Great Depression.
:wakeup

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2013, 01:09 PM
There are mental-stability issues at hand here guys and gals..

Avante
04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
There are mental-stability issues at hand here guys and gals..

Without question, entering a music thread to not talk music......what??? Look at you.

Tell me again about oblivion...hahahaha!!!!!!!!

Avante
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Is there anyone out there who can talk music?

mrsmaalox
04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Is there anyone out there who can talk music?

There are probably a lot on a music forum.

Avante
04-18-2013, 01:19 PM
There are probably a lot on a music forum.

So we can talk movies and books here but not music? Why this overwelming need to keep everything real simple?

I think stuff like..."would you bone her"...yawnnnnnnnn! Who can't talk sex?

lebomb
04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I listen to a lot of different music............love Jazz and R&B. Can tolerate Metal/Rock and Country. Top 40?? some. I listen to in no particular order"

Jagged Edge
Kem
Stevie Ray
Norman Brown
Naje
George Howard
Adele
Maroon 5
Tons of latin artist (Dont know who TF they are) Just like the beats and sound
Shania Twain
Kenny Chesne
Lone Star
Tim Mcgraw
Chris :pimpslap Brown
Lil Wayne
Sade
OutKast
UGK
Das EFX
Biggie
Pac
............ just to name a few

I basically listen to everything

Avante
04-18-2013, 01:30 PM
I listen to a lot of different music............love Jazz and R&B. Can tolerate Metal/Rock and Country. Top 40?? some. I listen to in no particular order"

Jagged Edge
Kem
Stevie Ray
Norman Brown
Naje
George Howard
Adele
Maroon 5
Tons of latin artist (Dont know who TF they are) Just like the beats and sound
Shania Twain
Kenny Chesne
Lone Star
Tim Mcgraw
Chris :pimpslap Brown
Lil Wayne
Sade
OutKast
UGK
Das EFX
Biggie
Pac
............ just to name a few

I basically listen to everything

I'll be damn. somebody who gets it.

Now do you mix, delve into the bio's of the artists, who influensed them? Do you care about the history behind the music?

Nice little vareity going there.

BobaFett1
04-18-2013, 01:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTZ7j-71wWk

jag
04-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm waiting for someone in here to inspire my awe with their taste in music.

Avante
04-18-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTZ7j-71wWk

Roosevelt Sykes
Art Tatum
Pete Johnson
Black Ivory King
Leroy Carr
Georgia Tom Dorsey
Walter Davis
Big Maceo
Cow Cow Davenport
Champion Jack Dupree
Nat King Cole
Black Boy Shine
Fats Domino
Little Brother Montgomery
Jerry Lee Lewis

....then there's

UpP8oMEw3W8

St.Louis and Texas, a lot of stud piano players.

Blake
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM

Avante
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm waiting for someone in here to inspire my awe with their taste in music.

How can ya hear the music with your head stuck three feet up your ass?

Avante
04-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Blake, you're really boring me man, come on.. elevate!

Can ya talk music or just hump legs?

Trill Clinton
04-18-2013, 02:08 PM
How can ya hear the music with your head stuck three feet up your ass? http://awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Damn.gif

Avante
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
http://awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Damn.gif

Bro, I didn't make it very clear I'm looking for serious music fans here? What's with all the dummies? You get it. It's like I'm back in junior high.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2013, 02:31 PM
lol bro

Avante
04-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Check that little shit out, first thing he does when he arrives here, yep...me.

lebomb
04-18-2013, 02:42 PM
I'll be damn. somebody who gets it.

Now do you mix, delve into the bio's of the artists, who influensed them? Do you care about the history behind the music?

Nice little vareity going there.

The jazz artists are the ones I really look into the background on. Most were either formally trained in music, or were a natural talent and trained under another legend.

Avante
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
The jazz artists are the ones I really look into the background on. Most were either formally trained in music, or were a natural talent and trained under another legend.

Ya need to read...SATCHMO...the Louis Armstrong story. Talk about an interesting read.

Not a big jazz fan but do like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charley Parker. Jellyroll Morton a must listen for any music fan not just jazz.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2013, 02:48 PM
The only thing I'm in awe over in this thread is Avante's consistent neverending faggotry, tbh....

ohmwrecker
04-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Mixing is what I enjoy the most, yep, playing with the music. What goes with what, how cool/smooth can you make it? You could never mix...

Lightnin' Hopkins
Lefty Frizzell
Everlast
Miles Davis
Blondie
The Drifters

Why not?

Bender
04-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I like a lot of old blues, and have quite a bit of it. Lightnin Hopkins, Mississippi fred, Jimmy Reed, Muddy waters, and a bunch more. Main interest is obscure late -60s/early-70s rock/psych/garage stuff. Agnes Strange, Bent Wind, Bulbous Creation, wicked lady, Josefus, a bunch of krautrock, etc etc

CuckingFunt
04-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Just stating over and over that you like music, and occasionally listing the names of some of the people to whom you listen, really isn't that intense.

Avante
04-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Why not?

You want a smooth flow, that combo would be herky jerky.

Avante
04-19-2013, 12:59 AM
I like a lot of old blues, and have quite a bit of it. Lightnin Hopkins, Mississippi fred, Jimmy Reed, Muddy waters, and a bunch more. Main interest is obscure late -60s/early-70s rock/psych/garage stuff. Agnes Strange, Bent Wind, Bulbous Creation, wicked lady, Josefus, a bunch of krautrock, etc etc

Can't go wrong with those blues cats ya mentioned but that's not "old blues" since all first recorded after 1940. Old blues is those from the 1920's like Blind Lemon Jefferson, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey, Papa Charley Jackson, Lonnie Johnson, Leroy Carr, then there's the King of the Mississippi Delta.....Charley Patton.

Like you I'm also into the obscure, so I know where you're at there. I have some stuff by old blues cats that can't be found in any of my 12 books on them blues. Then there's all those Rockabilly cats who just never made it. One of my favorites...

uQY5fVwNU14

Charley Patton

lGK7fFLvnak

Ever heard of....

FgFk_N0FCB8

Avante
04-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Just stating over and over that you like music, and occasionally listing the names of some of the people to whom you listen, really isn't that intense.

When I light the candles/incense, pour whatever I'm drinking, let it be known....going to listen to some music, it's as if I've left this planet, I'm way out there, yep...intense. I'm in a room surrounded by speakers and music, very cool. Yep, just like some drug.

Then there's the music...

4g9G-3anVWI

blDDy8E7jzM

Ohpzg3bExdU

clnMRT-VK74

Now it would be time to pee and pour another drink.

Bender
04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
I may be old, but the really early stuff doesn't do much for me... pre-40s. I like the late-40s stuff on. Lightnin' Hopkins electric stuff from the Herald recordings is great, from 1954 I think.

a recent acquisition at the last Austin record show:
L23iS1SZAHU

a good album from my favorite time period:
9W6aJaDb6-Y

AussieFanKurt
04-19-2013, 08:40 AM
join a music forum if you wanna talk about music... why join a sports forum to do it and continue to when no one really cares..

CuckingFunt
04-19-2013, 11:27 AM

YOU want a smooth flow, but that want is not universal.

I don't spend much time creating playlists, but when I do I often prefer to use songs from a wide range of different/disparate genres and linking things according to their lyrical or thematic similarities, rather than a similar sound or a "smooth" transition. And unless I have an urge to listen to a particular artist or album, I usually listen to music by putting my entire iPod on shuffle, which results in a mix that I like specifically because of how schizophrenic it can be.

CuckingFunt
04-19-2013, 11:39 AM
When I light the candles/incense, pour whatever I'm drinking, let it be known....going to listen to some music, it's as if I've left this planet, I'm way out there, yep...intense. I'm in a room surrounded by speakers and music, very cool. Yep, just like some drug.

And you think this makes you unique in some way? All that means is that you're someone who likes music, which is really fairly pedestrian. There's nothing at all intense or sophisticated in the way you discuss music here.

Now it would be time to pee

After less than twenty minutes worth of music? Get your bladder checked, old man.

The Reckoning
04-19-2013, 11:40 AM
here you go avante. i found a good music forum for you to post about your taste in black athletes and music. im sure itll be a hit.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

ohmwrecker
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Not necessarily. Depending on which tracks you use. You might have to fill in some gaps here and there, but it's not impossible. It might require a more broad, deeper and full understanding or, knowledge of the connections of music and culture than the average person possesses, but it's not a very difficult concept to grasp . . . tbh.

johnsmith
04-19-2013, 03:28 PM
LOL, this thread has really worked well for Avante.

Avante
04-19-2013, 06:24 PM
I may be old, but the really early stuff doesn't do much for me... pre-40s. I like the late-40s stuff on. Lightnin' Hopkins electric stuff from the Herald recordings is great, from 1954 I think.

a recent acquisition at the last Austin record show:
L23iS1SZAHU

a good album from my favorite time period:
9W6aJaDb6-Y

Lightnin' is my favorite post war blues cat. Robert Johnson my fav prewar.

Give...How Long How Long by Leroy Carr & Scrapper Blackwell a listen, if ya don't like that then yes pre 1940 isn't for you.

I can see where your second video could interest some.

Avante
04-19-2013, 06:29 PM
here you go avante. i found a good music forum for you to post about your taste in black athletes and music. im sure itll be a hit.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

I'm just as into/up on white music/athletes. I have just as much stuff by rockers, country, rockabilly as I do blues, R&B.

If ya follow football and track you will be following mostly black athletes.

Avante
04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
join a music forum if you wanna talk about music... why join a sports forum to do it and continue to when no one really cares..

There are music afficinados no matter where ya go. You don't see me trying to talk Bullet Williams, Bobby Grant, Blind Mamie Forehand here. Yes that would be more...cult.

Avante
04-19-2013, 06:36 PM

I don't spend much time creating playlists, but when I do I often prefer to use songs from a wide range of different/disparate genres and linking things according to their lyrical or thematic similarities, rather than a similar sound or a "smooth" transition. And unless I have an urge to listen to a particular artist or album, I usually listen to music by putting my entire iPod on shuffle, which results in a mix that I like specifically because of how schizophrenic it can be.

Cool for you. I attach themes, artists that are similiar.

Great example

Bob Dylan
Joe Cocker
Johnny Winter
Dr.John
Leon Russell
Van Morrison
Donovan
Arlo Guthrie
Canned Heat
Grateful Dead

...ya don't stick Willie Nelson in there, how about Frank Sinatra?

Avante
04-19-2013, 06:37 PM
LOL, this thread has really worked well for Avante.

Dude, why all this concern over me?

CuckingFunt
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM

Great example

Bob Dylan
Joe Cocker
Johnny Winter
Dr.John
Leon Russell
Van Morrison
Donovan
Arlo Guthrie
Canned Heat
Grateful Dead

And?

Avante
04-19-2013, 07:15 PM
And?

And....you want to go someplace with the music. Keep in mind I am talking about you kicked back zeroing in on just the music. Not backgound noise,while you do something.

If you are going to listen to them old blues why not......

Texas
St.Louis
Piano
Guitar
Alabama
Mississippi Delta
Memphis
Delta...Mississippi and Memphis
Georgia
Piedmont
Paleface blues

.....sure ya can also mix a little of each.

I never just toss something on, I 'm looking for some voyage/trip. I want an experience.

To just bounce around really going nowhere, nay!

CuckingFunt
04-19-2013, 07:34 PM
And....you want to go someplace with the music. Keep in mind I am talking about you kicked back zeroing in on just the music. Not backgound noise,while you do something.

If you are going to listen to them old blues why not......

Texas
St.Louis
Piano
Guitar
Alabama
Mississippi Delta
Memphis
Delta...Mississippi and Memphis
Georgia
Piedmont
Paleface blues

.....sure ya can also mix a little of each.

I never just toss something on, I 'm looking for some voyage/trip. I want an experience.

To just bounce around really going nowhere, nay!

And?

What is your thesis statement?

Avante
04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
What is your thesis statement?

The more you know the history of the artists, the music, the influenses the better understanding you will have about what you are listening to. With knowledge it becomes more deeper, more enjoyable.

I have a CD....Essential Delta Blues. And yes most the heavy hitters/legends are there. Then there's Blind Willie McTell and Blind Willie Johnson. McTell is a Georgia player, Johnson a Texan. Now I know they don't belong there as does everyone who knows them old blues, yep....knowledge equals more enjoyment.

CuckingFunt
04-19-2013, 07:50 PM
The more you know the history of the artists, the music, the influenses the better understanding you will have about what you are listening to. With knowledge it becomes more deeper, more enjoyable.

I have a CD....Essential Delta Blues. And yes most the heavy hitters/legends are there. Then there's Blind Willie McTell and Blind Williue Johnson. McTell is a Georgia player, Johnson a Texan. Now I know they don't belong there as does everyone who knows them old blues, yep....knowledge equals more enjoyment.

How do you define knowledge? Specifically as it relates to music and/or its ability to enhance one's enjoyment?

From where I'm sitting, merely knowing that artists from Georgia and Texas don't REALLY belong on a compilation focused on the Mississippi Delta is wholly external to how the album and its songs function as music. Whatever enjoyment you get from having a factual understanding of names, dates, and locations would seem to be more related to your own ego than to anything you were listening to. Listening to good music is a visceral experience. Knowing a couple of dates is not.

Avante
04-19-2013, 08:07 PM
How do you define knowledge? Specifically as it relates to music and/or its ability to enhance one's enjoyment?

From where I'm sitting, merely knowing that artists from Georgia and Texas don't REALLY belong on a compilation focused on the Mississippi Delta is wholly external to how the album and its songs function as music. Whatever enjoyment you get from having a factual understanding of names, dates, and locations would seem to be more related to your own ego than to anything you were listening to. Listening to good music is a visceral experience. Knowing a couple of dates is not.

If you're thrilled to just listen to good music without caring anything about anything behind the sound, go for it! I need more than that, I want to know the story behind the sound.

Remember...Dion and the Belmonts? You know....Runaround Sue. Well Dion grew up wanting to actually sing them blues but there was no $$$$$ in that especially for a young white guy, so he went the....Runaround Sue...route.

This is Dion today, yep, covering Robert Johnson.

b167x-T9O04

I prefer that sort of thing to not knowing shit about what I'm listening to. If simple turns ya on, cool for you.

CuckingFunt
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
If you're thrilled to just listen to good music without caring anything about anything behind the sound, go for it! I need more than that, I want to know the story behind the sound.

Remember...Dion and the Belmonts? You know....Runaround Sue. Well Dion grew up wanting to actually sing them blues but there was no $$$$$ in that especially for a young white guy, so he went the....Runaround Sue...route.

This is Dion today.

I prefer that sort of thing to not knowing shit about what I'm listening to.

You didn't answer my question.

But, that's okay. I didn't really think you'd be able to.

Avante
04-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Cool this stupid ass, you can't figure me out...what a joke! It isn't very obvious I'm into the history/origins of things, hell yes it is. If not knowing a damn thing about the artists/influenses/when/where is your thing then stay simple.

And....if you spend...$$$$$$$...on a CD dedicated to artists from Mississippi that's what you paid for. To act like it doesn't matter..................

Why not try taking a peek at the videos, actually learn something. Why you have some need to..."why know everything about it?"....hahahaha!!!!!!!! Why stay stupid about it?

Talk to me about what blues guitarist was a big inflense on Jimi Hendrix, you don't know and don't care. Like I said....stay simple.

It's cool being able to....

paste

Influenced by Guitar Slim

Buddy Guy (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Buddy_Guy), Albert Collins (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Albert_Collins) [6] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-AMG-6) and Frank Zappa (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa)[13] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-13) were influenced by Slim. So was Jimi Hendrix (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix), who recorded a version of "The Things That I Used to Do (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/The_Things_That_I_Used_to_Do)" with Steve Stills (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Steve_Stills) on bass guitar in 1969. Stevie Ray Vaughan (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan) recorded a cover version (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Cover_version) of "The Things That I Used to Do (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/The_Things_That_I_Used_to_Do)".[14] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-14)

johnsmith
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't get why avante won't answer funts question...avante, please explain why you won't answer the question posed to you.

ohmwrecker
04-20-2013, 12:12 AM

Great example

Bob Dylan
Joe Cocker
Johnny Winter
Dr.John
Leon Russell
Van Morrison
Donovan
Arlo Guthrie
Canned Heat
Grateful Dead

Boring, predictable, amateur. Why not Willie or Frank? It doesn't seem like your "knowledge" has served you in making more interesting connections.

CuckingFunt
04-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Cool this stupid ass, you can't figure me out...what a joke! It isn't very obvious I'm into the history/origins of things, hell yes it is. If not knowing a damn thing about the artists/influenses/when/where is your thing then stay simple.

And....if you spend...$$$$$$$...on a CD dedicated to artists from Mississippi that's what you paid for. To act like it doesn't matter..................

Why not try taking a peek at the videos, actually learn something. Why you have some need to..."why know everything about it?"....hahahaha!!!!!!!! Why stay stupid about it?

Talk to me about what blues guitarist was a big inflense on Jimi Hendrix, you don't know and don't care. Like I said....stay simple.

It's cool being able to....

paste

Influenced by Guitar Slim

Buddy Guy (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Buddy_Guy), Albert Collins (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Albert_Collins) [6] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-AMG-6) and Frank Zappa (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Frank_Zappa)[13] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-13) were influenced by Slim. So was Jimi Hendrix (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix), who recorded a version of "The Things That I Used to Do (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/The_Things_That_I_Used_to_Do)" with Steve Stills (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Steve_Stills) on bass guitar in 1969. Stevie Ray Vaughan (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan) recorded a cover version (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Cover_version) of "The Things That I Used to Do (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/The_Things_That_I_Used_to_Do)".[14] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-14)

It's clear you don't understand the question I've asked.

ohmwrecker
04-20-2013, 12:26 AM
We're dealing with someone who lacks the self awareness to realize his scope is extremely narrow.

silverblk mystix
04-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Knowledge has led many in here to be pompous and arrogant.

Wisdom would have cured you of the need to continue being pompous and arrogant.

The Reckoning
04-20-2013, 05:18 AM
joe cocker just ripped off everyone elses songs

The Reckoning
04-20-2013, 05:22 AM
dr. john was great though...

http://youtu.be/5Nz3EQXLA-Q

johnsmith
04-20-2013, 07:29 AM

Breakfast tacos have led you to being obese, but being a prison guard has caused you to be a complete fucking idiot.

silverblk mystix
04-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Breakfast tacos have led you to being obese, but being a prison guard has caused you to be a complete fucking idiot.

Being embarrassed due to your stupidity has led you to taking blind stabs in the dark about things you are ignorant of.

Quite amusing.

admiralsnackbar
04-20-2013, 08:15 AM

Dude, CF is the only other human being I've ever spoken to who knows who the Spirits of Rhythm are -- not the kind of band you find at Tower Records. Going by your cavalcade of music everyone has heard, I'm gonna hazard a guess that she may get deeper into the origins of music (as opposed to the trivia you're crowing about) than you do.

johnsmith
04-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Being embarrassed due to your stupidity has led you to taking blind stabs in the dark about things you are ignorant of.

Quite amusing.

Remember when you were talkin about how tough you are and another poster asked if you'd like to meet up and you agreed but then you never showed up cause you're a pussy?

Lol, I do.

silverblk mystix
04-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Remember when you were talkin about how tough you are and another poster asked if you'd like to meet up and you agreed but then you never showed up cause you're a pussy?

Lol, I do.

Remember when you received PM's trying to get information about meeting up for real - and you panicked and never answered the PM's? Remember the time you almost got arrested and went to jail for making terroristic threats to a peace officer?

I do.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2013, 12:10 PM
There are music afficinados no matter where ya go. You don't see me trying to talk Bullet Williams, Bobby Grant, Blind Mamie Forehand here. Yes that would be more...cult.I just did.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Remember when you received PM's trying to get information about meeting up for real - and you panicked and never answered the PM's? Remember the time you almost got arrested and went to jail for making terroristic threats to a peace officer?

I do.

:lmaoSo what kind of peace officer are you?

The way you post it makes it sound like you are ashamed of your actual title.

Blake
04-20-2013, 12:24 PM

What a pompous and arrogant post.

Hypocrite shooting par.

silverblk mystix
04-20-2013, 01:04 PM
What a pompous and arrogant post.

Hypocrite shooting par.

Truth is not arrogant or pompous.

silverblk mystix
04-20-2013, 01:07 PM
So what kind of peace officer are you?

The way you post it makes it sound like you are ashamed of your actual title.

Not sure why "the way I post" would have any bearing on being ashamed or not being ashamed. Just stating facts.
As soon as you reveal your "title" and any other personal info - I might answer your other questions.

johnsmith
04-20-2013, 02:04 PM

I do.

You're a double threat of coward. You hide behind a computer and act like a tough guy and them when called out, you're nowhere to be found....then on top of that, you hide behind your security guard badge.

What. A. Gaping. Vagina.

Lol, pussy.

Blake
04-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Truth is not arrogant or pompous.

Prove that being arrogant and pompous is unwise.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Not sure why "the way I post" would have any bearing on being ashamed or not being ashamed. Just stating facts.
As soon as you reveal your "title" and any other personal info - I might answer your other questions.So you're afraid and ashamed. It's not a crime.

I'll just make the rather safe assumption that you're some kind of auxiliary deputy to get some extra bucks directing traffic around churches on Sundays.

IOW:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Dwight_sheriff.jpg

silverblk mystix
04-20-2013, 03:12 PM
So you're afraid and ashamed. It's not a crime.

I'll just make the rather safe assumption that you're some kind of auxiliary deputy to get some extra bucks directing traffic around churches on Sundays.

IOW:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Dwight_sheriff.jpg

Still waiting for you to reveal your private info. Thanks.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Still waiting for you to reveal your private info. Thanks.It's OK that you're a chickenshit hypocrite, Dwight.

CuckingFunt
04-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Your boyfriend Avante, with his constant attempts to educate us all, is easily the most pompous and arrogant person in here.

It'd be easier to take if he had the knowledge to back it up.

CuckingFunt
04-20-2013, 07:56 PM
dr. john was great though...

http://youtu.be/5Nz3EQXLA-Q

Still is great. I saw him live not too long ago and it was an amazing show.

CuckingFunt
04-20-2013, 07:57 PM

Quite amusing.

Says the person who calls everyone a faggot.

CuckingFunt
04-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Dude, CF is the only other human being I've ever spoken to who knows who the Spirits of Rhythm are -- not the kind of band you find at Tower Records. Going by your cavalcade of music everyone has heard, I'm gonna hazard a guess that she may get deeper into the origins of music (as opposed to the trivia you're crowing about) than you do.

Can't possibly be true. After all, I don't spend all my time posting lists and youtubes as proof.

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 04:29 AM
Can't possibly be true. After all, I don't spend all my time posting lists and youtubes as proof.

Knowledge will keep you in school past your thirties- always avoiding - a decision to enter the real world while bragging about your acquired knowledge.

Knowledge will keep you undecided about which you prefer - cock or pussy- and you will brag about your "preferred" lifestyle.

Wisdom will tell you that they are both related and would make you realize that they are not something to brag about.

johnsmith
04-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Knowledge will keep you in school past your thirties- always avoiding - a decision to enter the real world while bragging about your acquired knowledge.

Knowledge will keep you undecided about which you prefer - cock or pussy- and you will brag about your "preferred" lifestyle.

Wisdom will tell you that they are both related and would make you realize that they are not something to brag about.

Knowledge told you where I'd be that day....wisdom kept you from showing up....cause, ya know, you're a pussy and all.

Jack Kevorkian
04-21-2013, 10:09 AM
It's all arranged by what kind if music and then by artist and then by theme. Everything is either CD, cassette or records. If added up around six thousand individual CD's/tapes/records. Started building this library back in the early 60's. Constantly adding to it.

It really is pretty awe inspiring, everything from primitive blues to Beethoven, from antique country to rap. Got...The Big Bands and Satchmo from the early 20's. The very first recordings ever by...

Elvis...those legendary Sun Studio Recordings
Lead Belly...in prison
Muddy Waters...on his porch at the Stovall Plantation
Mississippi Fred McDowel...on his front porch in Como Mississippi
Hank Williams
The Beatles long before Ed Sullivan

.....actually this list would be too long even for a list lover like myself.

Everything has a place, I could find what I need in the dark.

Lightnin' Hopkins
Lefty Frizzell
Everlast
Miles Davis
Blondie
The Drifters

......yuck!

But you could mix..

Amos Lee
Noah Jones
Mark Lemhouse
Ray Lamontagne
Lucinda Williams

I also like to learn about the histories involved. Who influensed who. Willie Nelson growing up listening to Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys on the radio. The influense Woody Guthrie had on Bob Dylan. The influense rural American southern blues had on the British. Tom Waits listening to those field recordings by the Lomax's back in the 30's and 40's, a lot made in prisons.

If you lived in the southwest in the mid 30's and had a radio..........

mjdQ1X2y9qU&playnext=1&list=PL799EFA2A52B1FE96&feature=results_video

Both Georgia White and Chippie Hill recorded that tune prior, but few white folks listened to race records, that "jiggaboo music".
Call the office

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
I took you off ignore - once I knew I was safe...please respond to me now!!! I need attention!!!! :cry:cry:cry

ChumpDumper
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM

Wisdom will tell you that they are both related and would make you realize that they are not something to brag about.When did she actually brag about these things?

Your bragging about your wisdom and enlightenment is hilarious, Dwight.

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
When did she actually brag about these things?

Your bragging about your wisdom and enlightenment is hilarious, Dwight.

Did you miss the last few years of CF's posts?

lol

74,000 posts and you were oblivious and/or were posting as CF to realize it.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Did you miss the last few years of CF's posts?

lol

74,000 posts and you were oblivious and/or were posting as CF to realize it.So you don't have any actual examples.

lol braggart

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 11:58 AM
So you don't have any actual examples.

lol braggart

Every post chump/funt posts is full of the same pretentious garbage, ask anyone.

You are welcome.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Every post chump/funt posts is full of the same pretentious garbage, ask anyone.

You are welcome.You have achieved nothing resembling wisdom or enlightenment. You are an ignorant poser buffoon.

You are welcome, Dwight.

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 12:45 PM
You have achieved nothing resembling wisdom or enlightenment. You are an ignorant poser buffoon.

You are welcome, Dwight.

Didn't you learn anything I generously taught you?

LOL achieve wisdom and/or enlightenment

These are not things any human being "achieves"

Pay attention next time dumbshit - Or - I might remove my generosity and cease teaching you any mysteries of the universe.

Don't fuck it up next time and pay attention.

Blake
04-21-2013, 01:21 PM

Pay attention next time dumbshit - Or - I might remove my generosity and cease teaching you any mysteries of the universe.

Don't fuck it up next time and pay attention.

Arrogant, check

Pompous, check

Hypocrite, check

Par.

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Arrogant, check

Is someone talking about my man,Cummmdumpster? I am ready for my facial!

ChumpDumper
04-21-2013, 01:53 PM

Don't fuck it up next time and pay attention.You had nothing to teach, Dwight.

You abandoned your own enlightenment thread because even you found it too fucktarded to be allowed to continue.

I can accept that you don't believe in achieving anything though. Explains a lot.

Blake
04-21-2013, 04:29 PM
i change quotes

You're confusing me defending CD with me simply taking my turn jumping from the top rope

CuckingFunt
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM

I've never bragged about either of those things.

I have made attempts to clarify the latter, but I've never bragged about it. Just as I wouldn't brag about being straight, if that were the case. And in the few times the former has come up in conversation, other than to use as a mindless and ineffective insult, I've always been exceedingly honest about the fact that while I'm happy with where I'm at right now I wish I hadn't dropped out and taken ten years off before going back to school. Being secure in my choices isn't the same as bragging about them.

silverblk mystix
04-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I've never bragged about either of those things.

I have made attempts to clarify the latter, but I've never bragged about it. Just as I wouldn't brag about being straight, if that were the case. And in the few times the former has come up in conversation, other than to use as a mindless and ineffective insult, I've always been exceedingly honest about the fact that while I'm happy with where I'm at right now I wish I hadn't dropped out and taken ten years off before going back to school. Being secure in my choices isn't the same as bragging about them.

Says the person who enters a thread about music and tries to condescend to the OP by trying to show off how knowledgeable she is.

Laughable.

CuckingFunt
04-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Says the person who enters a thread about music and tries to condescend to the OP by trying to show off how knowledgeable she is.

Laughable.

I haven't tried to show off how knowledgeable I am. Nor have I been particularly condescending.

I've asked Avante how he defines knowledge and how that type of knowledge specifically enhances his experience of the music he listens to. He hasn't been able to provide an answer.

Blake
04-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Laughable.

Is this your way of saying your ready for a facial from Avante.

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 06:40 AM
I haven't tried to show off how knowledgeable I am. Nor have I been particularly condescending.

I've asked Avante how he defines knowledge and how that type of knowledge specifically enhances his experience of the music he listens to. He hasn't been able to provide an answer.

I call bullshit.

Did you enter this thread to contribute a musical opinion?
To post a video and be a part of the thread in that way?
To compliment someone's choice of music?
To politely state your opinion on the topic?

NO.

Did you enter this thread to;
A) Try to insult the OP? (Yup)

B) Show off your knowledge to impress the other douches in here? (yup)

C) To try and find inconsistencies in the OP's comments? (yup)

D) To sound intelligent and informed under the disguise of being interested in the topic. (most certainly)

E) To try and confirm your negative belief and/or opinion of the OP and try to impress the other usual suspect douches in here again? (absolutely)

This is pretty much your m.o. for years now.

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 10:19 AM
I call bullshit.

Did you enter this thread to contribute a musical opinion?
To post a video and be a part of the thread in that way?
To compliment someone's choice of music?
To politely state your opinion on the topic?

Did you?

Blake
04-22-2013, 10:31 AM
SBM entered this thread to:

A) Try to insult others
B) Show off his enlightened knowledge to impress the other douches in here
C) To try and find inconsistencies in others' comments
D) To be a human semen shield in the disguise of trying to sound intelligent.
E) To try to impress Avante in here again

This is pretty much your hypocritical m.o. for months now. It will continue to be for years to come at this rate.

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 12:07 PM
SBM entered this thread to:

A) Try to insult others
B) Show off his enlightened knowledge to impress the other douches in here
C) To try and find inconsistencies in others' comments
D) To be a human semen shield in the disguise of trying to sound intelligent.
E) To try to impress Avante in here again

This is pretty much your hypocritical m.o. for months now. It will continue to be for years to come at this rate.

You are trying too hard and thinking too much...

I enter to call out you douches everytime you try your same ol bullshit...I just call you out and shed light on all your collective hypocrisy.

Quite successfully - I might add.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM

I enter to call out you douches everytime you try your same ol bullshit...I just call you out and shed light on all your collective hypocrisy.

Quite successfully - I might add.You are trying to hard and not thinking enough.

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
You are trying to hard and not thinking enough.

You are humping Blake too hard and he can't quit you! :lmao

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 12:18 PM
self-reassuring emoticon = trying too hard

JudynTX
04-22-2013, 12:42 PM
The bottom line is always....impact...on these forums. People come here looking for some entertainment. They're at work bored shitless and wanna fuck around. I realize all that.

YOU do realize that you are that entertainment, right?

Blake
04-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Quite successfully - I might add.

What collective hypocrisy might that be?

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
What collective hypocrisy might that be?The one he tries to project on others to distract from his stunning individual hypocrisy.

Blake
04-22-2013, 04:59 PM
The one he tries to project on others to distract from his stunning individual hypocrisy.

Quite unsuccessfully I might add

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Two homos giving each other facials - nothing new in this place...

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Unenlightened hypocrite sbm trying too hard -- nothing new in this place.

Blake
04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Two homos giving each other facials - nothing new in this place...

Avante semen shield shielding semen like a good semen shield

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Chumpie has turned me into a real life Benjamin Button - my face is highly sprayable!

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm trying too hard repeating jokes that have nothing to do with this thread and posting all my fantasies about male posters here.

Avante
04-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Boring, predictable, amateur. Why not Willie or Frank? It doesn't seem like your "knowledge" has served you in making more interesting connections.

Go to a music store and what do you see, yep....categories....why is that? You might wanna listen to....

The Drifters
Leonard Cohen
Blondie
Miles Davis
Hank Williams
George Clinton
Peter Tosh

....I don't. I'm looking to go someplace in particular. I wanna ride the rails, walk those dusty Mississippi roads of 1928, slobber beer in some hick bar, sit on my bunk in prison. I look for a theme.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Go to a music store and what do you see, yep....categories....why is that? You might wanna listen to....

The Drifters
Leonard Cohen
Blondie
Miles Davis
Hank Williams
George Clinton
Peter Tosh

....I don't. I'm looking to go someplace in particular. I wanna ride the rails, walk those dusty Mississippi roads of 1928, slobber beer in some hick bar, sit on my bunk in prison. I look for a theme.And your way if no better or worse than anyone else's except for your own purposes..

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Your boyfriend Avante, with his constant attempts to educate us all, is easily the most pompous and arrogant person in here.

It'd be easier to take if he had the knowledge to back it up.

Trust me little one nobody knows more about the who, what, where and when concerning...

sprinting
110hurdles
long jump
running backs
wide receivers
blues music

....than I do. What would you like to know? I love to show off, so stump me, ya can't do it~!

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Trust me little one nobody knows more about the who, what, where and when concerning...

sprinting
110hurdles
long jump
running backs
wide receivers
blues music

....that I do. What would you like to know?Nothing. That's the whole point.

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:03 PM
And your way if no better or worse than anyone else's except for your own purposes..

Try listening to stuff from the 1920's, then insert todays rap, then some country then some 1935 jazz. Yep, it would sound fucked!

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Nothing. That's the whole point.

I can also do...

movies
sci fi
rock & roll
country

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Try listening to stuff from the 1920's, then insert todays rap, then some country then some 1935 jazz. Yep, it would sound fucked!To you.

I can also do...

movies
sci fi
rock & roll
countryAlso doesn't matter.

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:07 PM
This combo is cool?

fDKzfEb-H3A

78Ruh0ewBVo

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't watch Spam.

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't watch Spam.

Too busy humping legs.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Too busy humping legs.No, just don't need to waste my time with your YouTube crutch.

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
No, just don't need to waste my time with your YouTube crutch.

Wanna draw?

http://drawapig.desktopcreatures.com/gallery/2013/4/23/898566.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Wanna continue being a laughable object of ridicule?

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Why do people enter threads then totally ignore the topic? Why are they here?

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Why do people try to be forum cops after they hijack multiple threads? Why are they so hypocritical?

Avante
04-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Why do people try to be forum cops after they hijack multiple threads? Why are they so hypocritical?

Show me where I hijack threads? Love to see it.

Dude, why are you so fucked?

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Show me where I hijack threads? Love to see it.Basically go into any thread you didn't start yourself and see how you make it about yourself.

Dude, why are you so fucked?Why are you so fucked?

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM

lol

This is what you have done 74,000 times give or take...

Height of hypocrisy and irony. You take the all-time prize for this.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 06:58 PM

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 07:10 PM

sprinting
110hurdles
long jump
running backs
wide receivers
blues music

....than I do. What would you like to know? I love to show off, so stump me, ya can't do it~!

What would I like to know? You could start with the answer to my earlier question.

Avante
04-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Basically go into any thread you didn't start yourself and see how you make it about yourself.

Why are you so fucked?

I do or little shits like you make it about me?

Avante
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
What would I like to know? You could start with the answer to my earlier question.

Been gone for a couple days, what was it again?

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
I do or little shits like you make it about me?Little shits like you do, shorty.

Avante
04-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Little shits like you do, shorty.

Let's do this midget, ya wanna talk to me (and as we see you need me really bad) then talk music or shut the fuck up, got it?

Avante
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
lol

This is what you have done 74,000 times give or take...

Height of hypocrisy and irony. You take the all-time prize for this.

It's useless trying to talk with the little freak bro. Yep...retarded!

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's do this midget, ya wanna talk to me (and as we see you need me really bad) then talk music or shut the fuck up, got it?Sorry stubbs, the only midget around here is you.

Avante
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry stubbs, the only midget around here is you.

6-2 278 pounds, starting lifting at 15 for football, have never stopped (Navy days a little hard sometimes). I'd love to be standing two feet in front of ya little fella, the look on your face would be priceless.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 08:22 PM
6-2 278 pounds, starting lifting at 15 for football, have never stopped (Navy days a little hard sometimes). I'd love to be standing two feet in front of ya little fella, the look on your face would be priceless.Why? it's not like you would do anything even if you were that size.

You already admitted to lying about that anyway.

manufan10
04-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Saw this guy on America's Got Talent a few years back. Loved his voice.

pmK9OuuaQzM

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Been gone for a couple days, what was it again?

This one:

silverblk mystix
04-22-2013, 08:42 PM
This one:

Knowledge: Being intelligent enough to make a choice - do you like BOYS? OR GIRLS? (hint:can only pick one)

Avante
04-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Why? it's not like you would do anything even if you were that size.

You already admitted to lying about that anyway.

How many times do I have to say this...."those who follow me around I toy with"....well? I tell them whatever will mess with them the most, yep....cheap thrills. I don't give a fat fuck what some rertard like you thinks, who would?

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Knowledge: Being intelligent enough to make a choice

You might want to consult a new dictionary.

do you like BOYS? OR GIRLS?

Yes.

(hint:can only pick one)

Why?

Avante
04-22-2013, 09:05 PM
This one:

Knowledge is knowing all about something, where it began, where it is right now. The more you know about anything the better off you will be. That's why we see all those colleges.

I meet a guy who wants to talk about Texas blues so he starts telling me about Johnny Winter and Stevie Ray Vaughn. I ask him do ya know where Texas blues started? After he says....well no not really. I tell him about Blind Lemon Jefferson, Texas Alexander, Little Hat Jones, Bessie Tucker, Funny Papa Smith, Henry Thomas, Ramblin' Thomas, Willie Reed, then work my way up with...Lightnin' Hopkins, Albert Collins, Larry Davis. Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys played some blues.

Now the guy knows who to search out if he's into Texas Blues. On his own he'll discover...Joe Pullum, Whistlin' Alex Moore, Ida May Mack, Victoria Spivey, Black Boy Shine, Black Ivory King, The Black Ace. He'll find out that while he was actually from Louisiana Leadbelly spent most his time in Texas.

Without knowledge you don't know enought to know what's "really" what. Why do you battle this so hard? It isn't very obvious I'm very serious about a few pet interests and know all about them?

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
How many times do I have to say this...."those who follow me around I toy with"....well? I tell them whatever will mess with them the most, yep....cheap thrills. I don't give a fat fuck what some rertard like you thinks, who would?You obviously care what I and others think since you immediately post what you claim to be your measurements whenever anyone points out how small you are.

Avante
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
You obviously care what I and others think since you immediately post what you claim to be your measurements whenever anyone points out how small you are.

It's funny watching little shits like you. Not a brain in your head.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
It's funny watching little shits like you. Not a brain in your head.It's funny watching you talk to me about not music like a sucker.

Consider yourself owned.

Avante
04-22-2013, 09:14 PM
it funny watching you talk to me about not music.

Dude, you got some major problems, honest. Not playing internet silliness either, you really do need help.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Dude, you got some major problems, honest. Not playing internet silliness either, you really do need help.Also not about music.

You hijacked your own thread, chubby.

Avante
04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Also not about music.

You hijacked your own thread, chubby.

Once again I can only take so much of you before ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You remain the most boring poster I have ever encountered on the net. Why I even bother with you at all? Why would anyone? Your dumb to begin with, you don't know anything.

Ok done with ya for now, maybe tomorrow I'll toss ya another bone.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Once again I can only take so much of you before ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You remain the most boring poster I have ever encountered on the net. Why I even bother with you at all? Why would anyone? Your dumb to begin with, you don't know anything.

Ok done with ya for now, maybe tomorrow I'll toss ya another bone.As long as it keeps you from posting more music and track Spam....

manufan10
04-22-2013, 09:33 PM
I also enjoy some punk covers:

PBGGYrFePCk

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Knowledge is knowing all about something, where it began, where it is right now. The more you know about anything the better off you will be. That's why we see all those colleges.

I meet a guy who wants to talk about Texas blues so he starts telling me about Johnny Winter and Stevie Ray Vaughn. I ask him do ya know where Texas blues started? After he says....well no not really. I tell him about Blind Lemon Jefferson, Texas Alexander, Little Hat Jones, Bessie Tucker, Funny Papa Smith, Henry Thomas, Ramblin' Thomas, Willie Reed, then work my way up with...Lightnin' Hopkins, Albert Collins, Larry Davis. Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys played some blues.

Now the guy knows who to search out if he's into Texas Blues. On his own he'll discover...Joe Pullum, Whistlin' Alex Moore, Ida May Mack, Victoria Spivey, Black Boy Shine, Black Ivory King, The Black Ace. He'll find out that while he was actually from Louisiana Leadbelly spent most his time in Texas.

Without knowledge you don't know enought to know what's "really" what. Why do you battle this so hard? It isn't very obvious I'm very serious about a few pet interests and know all about them?

But how do you define "knowing all about something?" Is it as simple as knowing the names and dates associated with that thing? Or does your version of knowledge include things like music theory, critical theory, cultural theory, and/or placing blues and other roots genres within the greater context of music history as a whole?

Based on your answers and your discussions so far, it seems as though your definition of knowledge is primarily limited to just its demographic information: who recorded it, the year it was recorded, where the artist was from, and perhaps what else they recorded, and so forth. If that is the case, then I'm still curious as to how, exactly, that knowledge enhances or otherwise deepens your experience of the music. That was the second part of my question, which remains unanswered.

Avante
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
But how do you define "knowing all about something?" Is it as simple as knowing the names and dates associated with that thing? Or does your version of knowledge include things like music theory, critical theory, cultural theory,and/or placing blues and other roots genres within the greater context of music history as a whole?

Based on your answers and your discussions so far, it seems as though your definition of knowledge is primarily limited to just its demographic information: who recorded it, the year it was recorded, where the artist was from, and perhaps what else they recorded, and so forth. If that is the case, then I'm still curious as to how, exactly, that knowledge enhances or otherwise deepens your experience of the music. That was the second part of my question, which remains unanswered.

I haven't made it very very obvious I'm into mixing? Hell yes I have. To do that right you will need to know the what, where and when. I wanna mix Robert Johnson to Honeyboy Edwards Delta Blues (1936-1942) I will need to know just who did record them blues between 36-42 and were from the Mississippi Delta.....right?

Well that would be...

Robert Petway
Tommy McClennon
Robert Lockwood
Willie "61" Blackwell
Tony Hollins
Muddy Waters
Big Boy Crudup
Mose Andrews

Now ya wanna record a mix featuring lengendary Appalachian/Hillbillie music? Just who would that be? How about...

Dock Boggs
Clarence Ashley
Frank Hutchison
Dick Justice
B.F.Shelton
Roscoe Holcomb
Hazel Dickens

Wanna talk oldies, country and western, train songs, prison songs, urban blues, British bands? How can I mix a region/time/who sang what/ period if I don't know the region/time/who sang what/ period? Wanna talk Alan Lomax and his field recordings? Yep, I'll need to know what field recordings.....right?

You might be happy to just listen, that doesn't work for me. I wanna know about the music so I do.

Do you honestly believe John Lee Hooker knew or cared about any of that stuff you were talking about?

zYrVwGxlcFA

Now can a white cat pull that off, of course not. So I need to know who was who....right?

manufan10
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
I found these guys a few years ago:

zMj1ZaWVc-8

Avante
04-22-2013, 10:11 PM
I found these guys a few years ago:

zMj1ZaWVc-8

I can't help but think of...

U5OnA6JOacE

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I haven't made it very very obvious I'm into mixing? Hell yes I have. To do that right you will need to know the what, where and when.Not necessary at all.

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I haven't made it very very obvious I'm into mixing? Hell yes I have. To do that right you will need to know the what, where and when. I wanna mix Robert Johnson to Honeyboy Edwards Delta Blues (1936-1942) I will need to know just who did record them blues between 36-42 and were from the Mississippi Delta.....right?

Well that would be...

Robert Petway
Tommy McClennon
Robert Lockwood
Willie "61" Blackwell
Tony Hollins
Muddy Waters
Big Boy Crudup
Mose Andrews

Now ya wanna record a mix featuring lengendary Appalachian/Hillbillie music? Just who would that be? How about...

Dock Boggs
Clarence Ashley
Frank Hutchison
Dick Justice
B.F.Shelton
Roscoe Holcomb
Hazel Dickens

Wanna talk oldies, country and western, train songs, prison songs, urban blues, British bands? How can I mix a region/time/who sang what/ period if I don't know the region/time/who sang what/ period? Wanna talk Alan Lomax and his field recordings? Yep, I'll need to know what field recordings.....right?

You might be happy to just listen, that doesn't work for me. I wanna know about the music so I do.

Do you honestly believe John Lee Hooker knew or cared about any of that stuff you were talking about?

zYrVwGxlcFA

Now can a white cat pull that off, of course not. So I need to know who was who....right?

So, then, the music knowledge that you consider important doesn't include critical/cultural theory or the greater context of music history. Okay. That question answered, even if only through omission.

You instead value the names, dates, and locations of the music being produced and the artists recording it. And all of that makes the music SOUND better?

Because that's the other half of what I've been asking you; how your knowledge of the names, dates, and apparently race, of the people/music specifically enhances or deepens your experience of the music. I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. To use myself as an example, I take music history and critical/cultural theory pretty seriously, so I like knowing about music, but when it comes to my experience of music it's entirely visceral; I like what I like because of how it sounds. If for you the knowledge enhances the gut reaction, I'd like to know how/why. It really shouldn't be that complicated.

Avante
04-22-2013, 11:31 PM
So, then, the music knowledge that you consider important doesn't include critical/cultural theory or the greater context of music history. Okay. That question answered, even if only through omission.

You instead value the names, dates, and locations of the music being produced and the artists recording it. And all of that makes the music SOUND better?

Because that's the other half of what I've been asking you; how your knowledge of the names, dates, and apparently race, of the people/music specifically enhances or deepens your experience of the music. I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. To use myself as an example, I take music history and critical/cultural theory pretty seriously, so I like knowing about music, but when it comes to my experience of music it's entirely visceral; I like what I like because of how it sounds. If for you the knowledge enhances the gut reaction, I'd like to know how/why. It really shouldn't be that complicated.

Ok...

You are dead on when it comes to sound. But....what sound? It's all about...mood. Where ya wanting to go tonight? What if that sound I'm looking for is 1950's oldies? Will the Rolling Stones work...nope! What if I'm heading to Jamaica and want some reggae, will George Jones work....nope! It's all about the sound, the sound of whatever kind of music you are wanting to hear. You will think this totally/completely sucks. But if the sound I want is haunting Delta Blues from the 1920's it gets no better than this.

cj6wepE_NvY

That is an amazing tune and Rube Lacy only recorded one record, yep....knowledge.

It's all about the..mood..sound...you are looking for. By knowing who is who and what is what think of all the options I have. Far more than you or anyone else here. My problem is trying to decide on what sound I 'm looking for.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Ok...

You are dead on when it comes to sound. But....what sound? It's all about...mood. Where ya wanting to go tonight? What if that sound I'm looking for is 1950's oldies? Will the Rolling Stones work...nope! What if I'm heading to Jamaica and want some reggae, will George Jones work....nope! It's all about the sound, the sound of whatever kind of music you are wanting to hear. You will think this totally/completely sucks. But if the sound I want is haunting Delta Blues from the 1920's it gets no better than this.

It's all about the..mood..sound...you are looking for. By knowing who is who and what is what think of all the options I have. Far more than you or anyone else here. My problem is trying to decide on what sound I 'm looking for.Everyone here has every option available to you and probably more than you know of.

You don't know as much as you think you do, and no amount of YouTube Spam will convince anyone otherwise.

Avante
04-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Everyone here has every option available to you and probably more than you know of.

You don't know as much as you think you do, and no amount of YouTube Spam will convince anyone otherwise.

Point blank, if it's that old blues. football or sprinting, I do know it all. And would love to prove it.

If he recorded prior to 1950 I have him, if he started for an NFL team I'm aware of him, if he ran world class track I'm up on him. Facts!

12 huge books on them blues
been a subscriber of Track & Field News since 1970
NFL Encyclopedia

Now add the magazines and other books.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Point blank, if it's that old blues. football or sprinting, I do know it all. And would love to prove it.Of course you would -- but you can't and it doesn't matter.

If he recorded prior to 1950 I have him, if he started for an NFL team I'm aware of him, if he ran world class track I'm up on him. Facts!

12 huge books on them blues
been a subscriber og Track & Field News since 1970
NFL Encyclopedia

Now add the magazines and other books.So very limited selection of music and other stuff that isn't music at all.

You just proved yourself wrong.

CuckingFunt
04-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Ok...

cj6wepE_NvY

That is an amazing tune and Rube Lacy only recorded one record, yep....knowledge.

It's all about the..mood..sound...you are looking for. By knowing who is who and what is what think of all the options I have. Far more than you or anyone else here. My problem is trying to decide on what sound I 'm looking for.

So, then, all the names and dates do nothing to enhance your experience of the music.

Gotcha.

Avante
04-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Of course you would -- but you can't and it doesn't matter.

So very limited selection of music and other stuff that isn't music at all.

You just proved yourself wrong.

Wow!

Ok man...

Over there rock and roll....Stones, Doors, Hendrix, Joplin, Abimals etc
Oldies...Drifters, Platters, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Bo Diddley etc
Rockabilly...Elvis, Carl Perkins, Eddie Cochran, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent etc
Paleface Blues...Stevie Ray Vaughn, Johnny Winter, James Harman, John Hammond etc
Country..Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc
Big Band...Harry James, Duke Ellington, Count Basie etc
Urban Blues...Little Walter, Buddy Guy, Fenton Robinson, Charles Brown etc
Country Blues...Charley Patton, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey etc
R&B/Soul...Al Green, Marvin Gay, Otis Redding, James Brown
Reggae...Bob Marley

Then a ton of....Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, JJ Cale, Bruce Springsteen, John Hiatt, Paul Weller, Harry Manx, Chris Thomas King, Ray Lamontagne, Damien Rice, etc etc..

Oh hell yes...limited.

Dude, are you for real?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Wow!

Ok man...

Over there rock and roll....Stones, Doors, Hendrix, Joplin, Abimals etc
Oldies...Drifters, Platters, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Bo Diddley etc
Rockabilly...Elvis, Carl Perkins, Eddie Cochrane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent etc
Paleface Blues...Stevie Ray Vaughn, Johnny Winter, James Harman, John Hammond etc
Country..Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc
Big Band...Harry James, Duke Ellington, Count Basie etc
Urban Blues...Little Walter, Buddy Guy, Fenton Robinson, Charles Brown etc
Country Blues...Charley Patton, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey etc
R&B/Soul...Al Green, Marvin Gay, Otis Redding, James Brown
Reggae...Bob Marley

Then a ton of....Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, JJ Cale, Bruce Springsteen, John Hiatt, Paul Weller, Harry Manx, Chris Thomas King, Ray Lamontagne, Damien Rice, etc etc..

Oh hell yes...limited.Yeah, a pretty pedestrian collection one would expect from an uncultured white dude from the central valley tbh.

A bunch of Time-Life box sets you picked up at Salty's in Modesto. Big whoop.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
So, then, all the names and dates do nothing to enhance your experience of the music.

Gotcha.

Let me go real slow, ok?

I need things to be done with a scheme in mind...

ok ya with me?

I put things where they belong as opposed to just listening to whatever.

Getting that?

I go with years regions and who does what.

Still there?

So with a theme I enjoy the experience far more. Train songs, Ice Pick and Razor songs, Drinking songs, Blues from Georgia, Hillbillie from Kenkucky. I love that sort of thing. But in order to have that I must know the music, yep...knowledge.

Let me guess, way too complex for ya, right?

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Yeah, a pretty pedestrian collection one would expect from an uncultured white dude from the central valley tbh.

A bunch of Time-Life box sets you picked up at Salty's in Modesto. Big whoop.

I also have all alternative stuff but who doesn't? Those groups are a dime a dozen.

Give me an example of what you consider a good listen and then I'll show you a real good listen. Got balls or BB's.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:12 AM
I also have all alternative stuff but who doesn't? Those groups are a dime a dozen.lol "all"

Give me an example of what you consider a good listen and then I'll show you a real good listen. Got balls or BB's.I made no claims. You did.

And you failed.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:14 AM
lol "all"

I made no claims. You did.

And you failed.

This is where ya continue to fuck up, ya never back up anything. Ya just run your mouth. Dude, yank your head out of your ass and actually do something. Show me some video of what you listen to or shut the fuck up.

Let me guess you're ashame to share that.

I gotta a ton of those off the wall bands.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:17 AM
This is where ya continue to fuck up, ya never back up anything. Ya just run your mouth.Again, it was not I who made the claims.
Dude, yank yur head out of your ss and actually do something. Show me some video of what you listen to or shut the fuck up.There's already a thread for that, dummy. You just aren't that special. tracktalk.net proved that.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Again, it was not I who made the claims.There's already a thread for that, dummy. You just aren't that special. tracktalk.net proved that.

You see posting a video as something special, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as I suspected ya don't know shit about music...either.

Ok idiot, until you do post a music video, see ya~~~~~~~~

Thee's 3 minutes totally lost, hahaha!!!!!!!!

z-avqJQwOoo

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:27 AM
You see posting a video as something special, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No, I see it in many cases as a crutch used by folks who simply can't carry on a decent conversation.
Just as I suspected ya don't know shit about music...either.Just as I suspected, you can't stand anyone who doesn't speak your retarded language of fail.

Ok idiot, until you do post a music video, see ya~~~~~~~~Only if you don't post one first~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Here's a great example of what I'm talking about.

JgbrviX4WRg

The guy mentions it's an old Appalacian tune. Yep, it was first recorded around 1933 by the great Clarence Ashley, the guy who first recorded ...House of the Rising Sun. Bob Dylan also covered Little Sadie but here's the original.
uXGAj1e3SdE

That sort of thing is far more interesting that just listening to music.

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Let me go real slow, ok?

I need things to be done with a scheme in mind...

ok ya with me?

I put things where they belong as opposed to just listening to whatever.

Getting that?

I go with years regions and who does what.

Still there?

So with a theme I enjoy the experience far more. Train songs, Ice Pick and Razor songs, Drinking songs, Blues from Georgia, Hillbillie from Kenkucky. I love that sort of thing. But in order to have that I must know the music, yep...knowledge.

Let me guess, way too complex for ya, right?

No. In order to do that all you have to have is access to the interwebs. If I wanted to listen to music that followed in the footsteps of The Mills Brothers, for example, Google or allmusic.com or something like that could easily direct me to, oh, I dunno, The Cats & the Fiddle, whom I could then check out on YouTube and purchase/explore more based on how much I enjoyed the experience of listening to their music. But knowing that in advance wouldn't make their music sound any better on first listen, just as seeking those answers online wouldn't make it sound any worse.

If you feel compelled to know the things you know about the music you like, it's not because it has any appreciable effect on the way the music sounds. You like to know that stuff for reasons external to your visceral experience -- your gut reaction, as it were -- of the music. I theorized early in this thread that the reason you find that level of knowledge is because of ego; you take pride in knowing it. Which is fine. If you get off on having all of these things committed to memory, then more power to you. But it hardly makes for compelling discussion on its own. It doesn't make the way you experience music any more intense or interesting than the way anyone else experiences music. And the fact you can rattle off information easily attained by anyone who cared through Google while apparently lacking the ability to discuss music in a way that is even remotely deep or sophisticated is far from impressive. I doubt there's a single person here who has learned more from one of your posts than they could have learned in a YouTube vortex, but in the latter it would have at least been instigated by their own interest and desire to keep looking.

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Give me an example of what you consider a good listen and then I'll show you a real good listen. Got balls or BB's.

And it will all be based on subjective measures and personal tastes.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:49 AM
OMG you started off with a 60-word sentence :smchode:

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:56 AM
No. In order to do that all you have to have is access to the interwebs. If I wanted to listen to music that followed in the footsteps of The Mills Brothers, for example, Google or allmusic.com or something like that could easily direct me to, oh, I dunno, The Cats & the Fiddle, whom I could then check out on YouTube and purchase/explore more based on how much I enjoyed the experience of listening to their music. But knowing that in advance wouldn't make their music sound any better on first listen, just as seeking those answers online wouldn't make it sound any worse.

If you feel compelled to know the things you know about the music you like, it's not because it has any appreciable effect on the way the music sounds. You like to know that stuff for reasons external to your visceral experience -- your gut reaction, as it were -- of the music. I theorized early in this thread that the reason you find that level of knowledge is because of ego; you take pride in knowing it. Which is fine. If you get off one having all of these things committed to memory, then more power to you. But it hardly makes for compelling discussion on its own. It doesn't make the way you experience music any more intense or interesting than the way anyone else experiences music. And the fact you can rattle off information easily attained by anyone who cared through Google while apparently lacking the ability to discuss music in a way that is even remotely deep or sophisticated is far from impressive. I doubt there's a single person here who has learned more from one of your posts than they could have learned in a YouTube vortex, but in the latter it would have at least been instigated by their own interest and desire to keep looking.

What has anyone leaned from you? Who here wants to discuss music....deep/sophisticated...well? Hell, they freak out over a video.

Do you really think the music will sound better getting deep and sophisticated, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Your talking out of both corners of your mouth.

It's just about you see a guy here who knows a lot of stuff about the who, what, where and when and for some reason it bugs ya. I'd much rather talk to someone about the great prewar harmonica players or the best of the lap guitarists than get deep and soph....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:59 AM
And it will all be based on subjective measures and personal tastes.

Then there's always reality. Believe it or not some stuff simply sucks. While some other stuff is great. See if you can figure out which is which.

3kU9XwcOIfI

YHmdu_I_0zI

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:02 AM
What has anyone leaned from you? Who here wants to discuss music....deep/sophisticated...well? Hell, they freak out over a video.Posting a video outside of the thread dedicated to posting music videos is the worst kind of attention whoring.

Do you really think the music will sound better getting deep and sophisticated, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!You really have trouble with words. That goes some way to explaining all the video spam.

Your talking out of both corners of your mouth.You talk out of four corners of a YouTube frame and think it's a conversation.

It's just about you see a guy here who knows a lot of stuff about the who, what, where and when and for some reason it bugs ya. I'd much rather talk to someone about the great prewar harmonica players or the best of the lap guitarists than get deep and soph....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can only speak for myself, but I see a guy who is desperate for approval, and your constant begging for that approval via forum spam does bug me.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Posting a video outside of the thread dedicated to posting music videos is the worst kind of attention whoring.

She pretty much explained it didn't have much to do with that at all. You really have trouble with words. That goes some way to explaining all the video spam.

You talk out of four corners of a YouTube frame and think it's a conversation.

I can only speak for myself, but I see a guy who is desperate for approval, and your constant begging for that approval via forum spam does bug me.

Dude, keep worrying about all that silly shit for me, ok?

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 01:08 AM
What has anyone leaned from you?

Probably nothing, but I've never tried to teach.

Who here wants to discuss music....

Well, it's been your claim for several months.

deep/sophisticated...well? Hell, they freak out over a video.

Do you really think the music will sound better getting deep and sophisticated, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I asked how you defined knowledge, as earlier you claimed that it made the music listening experience better for you in some way. I suspected we defined the term and its effect on the visceral experience differently.

And, yes. I do think that my visceral experience/appreciation of certain music can be greatly improved by a greater understanding of music theory, cultural/critical theory, musical history, and the like. That kind of knowledge could easily be enough for a particular song to sound more like clever homage than derivative copycatting, for instance.

Your talking out of both corners of your mouth.

I'm typing, actually.

It's just about you see a guy here who knows a lot of stuff about the who, what, where and when and for some reason it bugs ya. I'd much rather talk to someone about the great prewar harmonica players or the best of the lap guitarists than get deep and soph....hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, your prerogative. But if that's what you want then it shouldn't be surprising when you're told your input isn't compelling and that your tastes/knowledge are pedestrian.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Dude, keep worrying about all that silly shit for me, ok?Dude, keep replying to every post I make declaring how much you don't care.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM
paste...

Again, your prerogative. But if that's what you want than it shouldn't be surprising when you're told your input isn't compelling and that your tastes/knowledge are pedestrian.

What's your idea of compelling and totally non pedestrian..?

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Dude, keep replying to every post I make declaring how much you don't care.

That coming from a guy who does nothing here but follow me around, hahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:19 AM
That coming from a guy who does nothing here but follow me around, hahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do other things here too. You just make the mistake of constantly responding to me after you say you won't. I own you pretty thoroughly on that count and trying to say something in your defense only makes it worse.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:26 AM
I do other things here too. You just make the mistake of constantly responding to me after you say you won't. I own you pretty thoroughly on that count and trying to say something in your defense only makes it worse.

Dude, this is my thread, and like all my threads expect a huge dose of....you. Now tell me little fella who owns who? Everything I post, here you come and...stay. What is with that man? Why not post a thread all your very own, trust me I won't be there. You belong to me little fella and always have. I mess with ya because I get a kick out of just how stupid a person can be, you don't even see it. Whoa, guy, everyone else sees it. You belong to me slick.

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 01:28 AM
What's your idea of compelling and totally non pedestrian..?

If what I've already posted in this thread hasn't made that clear, I doubt any answer I can put together for that question is going to suddenly do the trick.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Ok it's 4 o'clock in the morning I'm in the back of a big black limo heading to New Orleans, yep, a mood.

I need some music for that mood.

8sjw8SUuq0o

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Dude, this is my thread, and like all my threads expect a huge dose of....you. Now tell me little fella who owns who? Everything I post, here you come and...stay. What is with that man? Why not post a thread all your very own, trust me I won't be there. You belong to me little fella and always have. I mess with ya because I get a kick out of just how stupid a person can be, you don't even see it. Whoa, guy, everyone else sees it. You belong to me slick.
Ok idiot, until you do post a music video, see ya~~~~~~~~You are owned by me more with every post.

C'mon, say you're done with me again. It'll be fun.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:32 AM
If what I've already posted in this thread hasn't made that clear, I doubt any answer I can put together for that question is going to suddenly do the trick.

Let me slow it down for ya....

What do you listen to?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:34 AM

What do you listen to?You might want to check the thread called "What are you listening to?" for that. That way you'll know she's not lying just to try to impress you.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:36 AM
You are owned by me more with every post.

C'mon, say you're done with me again. It'll be fun.

I agree, it's fun watching you continue to follow me around knowing I think you're an idiot. Talk about hard up...wow!

Remember me doing the 30 days self bannishment after the Superbowl? (what the hell did you do?) Ok man see you in 30 days, now we'll all watch you...STILL...follow me around, talk about a sad situation.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:41 AM
I agree, it's fun watching you continue to follow me around knowing I think you're an idiot. Talk about hard up...wow!Hey, you keep replying after saying you wouldn't. You are so owned by me.

Remember me doing the 30 days self bannishment after the Superbowl?No.
(what the hell did you do?)(If you were indeed gone, I did quite well without you.)
Ok man see you in 30 days, now we'll all watch you...STILL...follow me around, talk about a sad situation.Too late. No amount of time will get the stank of ownage off of you.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:45 AM
There it is gang, sad to watch isn't it? Soooooooooooooooooo owned it's....sad.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Talking about my is the same as replying to me.

You couldn't last a damn minute. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo owned it's...hilarious.

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 01:50 AM

What do you listen to?

That's changing the question, not slowing it down. I never claimed that my own tastes weren't pedestrian or that my own attempts at discussing music wouldn't be every bit as un-compelling as yours.

But, in an attempt to at least partially answer your question, I listen to just about every genre of music other than modern country. Just in my iPod alone, which is by know means the bulk of my collection, I have 1920s blues, ragtime, Dixieland, trad jazz, some (but not much) modern jazz, 1930s Hawaiian steel guitar music, gospel from the 1930s-50s, jive, boogie woogie, jump blues, swing, big band, lindy, 1950s-60s pop and R&B, doo wop, 1960s girl groups, space aged pop and stereoscopic test records, exotica, late-50s/early-60s lounge music, rock/pop from the 1950s to the present, some (but not much) early metal/hard rock, punk, new wave, japanese pop, psychobilly, rockabilly, bluegrass, western swing, early country, rap/hip hop from the 1980s to the present, late-80s/early-90s R&B, funk, alternative, grunge, and on and on...

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 01:52 AM
You might want to check the thread called "What are you listening to?" for that. That way you'll know she's not lying just to try to impress you.

Wouldn't be a full answer to the question, anyway. Doubtful I've posted anything by Kalama's Quartet in there.

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Speaking of mood music.

CIEBErVs0fY

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:59 AM
That's changing the question, not slowing it down. I never claimed that my own tastes weren't pedestrian or that my own attempts at discussing music wouldn't be every bit as un-compelling as yours.

But, in an attempt to at least partially answer your question, I listen to just about every genre of music other than modern country. Just in my iPod alone, which is by know means the bulk of my collection, I have 1920s blues, ragtime, Dixieland, trad jazz, some (but not much) modern jazz, 1930s Hawaiian steel guitar music, gospel from the 1930s-50s, jive, boogie woogie, jump blues, swing, big band, lindy, 1950s-60s pop and R&B, doo wop, 1960s girl groups, space aged pop and stereoscopic test records, exotica, late-50s/early-60s lounge music, rock/pop from the 1950s to the present, some (but not much) early metal/hard rock, punk, new wave, japanese pop, psychobilly, rockabilly, bluegrass, western swing, early country, rap/hip hop from the 1980s to the present, late-80s/early-90s R&B, funk, alternative, grunge, and on and on...

Ok it's 3am, you can't sleep. You decide to sit out on the balcony in your robe, yep...cozy. What are you going to listen to? Give me a tune, you can do it.

I've heard all that stuff but Japanese pop. I weeded out what sucked. And who is the king of psychobilly? Hw about bluegrass?

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Ok it's 3am, you can't sleep. You decide to sit out on the balcony in your robe, yep...cozy. What are you going to listen to? Give me a tune, you can do it.

But why would I want to? Why would anyone want/need to?

Besides, you're the only one in here with some bizarre notion that music has to function as a soundtrack to your life and that all activities and every time of day has their own appropriate tone or mood. I have no idea what I'd want to listen to in that situation, or any other situation, unless I was in that moment and the mood struck.

Avante
04-23-2013, 02:11 AM
But why would I want to? Why would anyone want/need to?

Besides, you're the only one in here with some bizarre notion that music has to function as a soundtrack to your life and that all activities and every time of day has their own appropriate tone or mood. I have no idea what I'd want to listen to in that situation, or any other situation, unless I was in that moment and the mood struck.

To me it's,,,BOOM!

OfJRX-8SXOs

This thread is about music, not..."well why would..."....the hell with that. Yep, a song for every occasion while you "talk" about deep and...hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're way too uptight.

I bet you'd be deader than a doornail at a party.

After Nina, maybe fix a drink, then.....

c_6egYg_Sf4

ZduDvIBu3EU

See how it just flows, none of this silly, well ya see I don't....sheesh~~~~~~

About 4am ya hear an old train off in the distance heading on down the line....

Ks7rdK3HnTM

Music isn't about deep and sophisticated, it's about the mood and what fits, the more knowledge ya have the easier it is to fit the mood with....what fits.

So ya hit the bed for a couple hours sleep before time to head off for another day in the world. As ya pull out you put in....

IgjPBpziZcw

Aftrer a hard 8 hours you're back home, you're tired, beat, ya make it to the frig, grab a beer then just before falling on the couch you turn on...

gJX4BqmBR1A&feature=related

silverblk mystix
04-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Funt;

I call bullshit.

Did you enter this thread to contribute a musical opinion? CHECK
To post a video and be a part of the thread in that way? CHECK
To compliment someone's choice of music? CHECK
To politely state your opinion on the topic? CHECK

NO.

Did you enter this thread to;
A) Try to insult the OP? (Yup) CHECK

B) Show off your knowledge to impress the other douches in here? (yup) CHECK

C) To try and find inconsistencies in the OP's comments? (yup) CHECK

D) To sound intelligent and informed under the disguise of being interested in the topic. (most certainly) BIG CHECK

E) To try and confirm your negative belief and/or opinion of the OP and try to impress the other usual suspect douches in here again? (absolutely) BIGGER CHECK

This is pretty much your m.o. for years now. BIGGEST CHECK

Sad when you know douches better than they know themselves.

manufan10
04-23-2013, 11:36 AM

I do the same thing. I love having random songs being played one right after the other.

Avante
04-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I do the same thing. I love having random songs being played one right after the other.

I've never warmed up to that, prefer to keep it in the same vein. To listen to Prince then Hank Williams followed by Muddy Waters and then Bruce Springsteen, ouch! How do you maintain a mood?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 11:50 AM
I've never warmed up to that, prefer to keep in in the same vein. To listen to Prince then Hank Williams followed by Muddy Waters and then Bruce Springsteen, ouch! How do you maintain a mood?It's the mood of liking random songs you own played one after the other.

lol SBM and Avante demand that people post videos

Avante
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Your girl just dumped you, so you head off to a local bar to drown your sorrow, ease the pain. So do you play some Kool and the Gang, Sly and the Family Stone, The Gap Band? Hell no, you walk over to the jukebox and ...

nopBvlKfYgY

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Them Duke boys have seen better days.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:17 PM
After the bar closes ya head home. You got a nice little buzz going when the phone rings, she misses you, she needs you. So ya jump in your old truck and head off, it's 100 miles, oh well, ya need some sounds.....

JeRa3RtBiIU

Blake
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
After the bar closes ya head home. You got a nice little buzz going when the phone rings, she misses you, she needs you. So ya jump in your old truck and head off, it's 100 miles, oh well, ya need some sounds.....

]

So you're a drunk driver......surprises.......0.......people here

Blake
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM

]

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Your girl just dumped you, so you head off to a local bar to drown your sorrow, ease the pain. So do you play some Kool and the Gang, Sly and the Family Stone, The Gap Band? Hell no, you walk over to the jukebox and ...

nopBvlKfYgY

JeRa3RtBiIU

So you listen to music as if you're starring in the movie of your own life. The attention whoring and thread hijacking make more sense now.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Little man....a buzz....ok?

Now you are about 30 miles from her front door, on the stereo....

LPJHcdhqojQ

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Are there songs about making terrible picks on football games then blaming it on your son?

Could be a really long playlist for Avante.

manufan10
04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
I've never warmed up to that, prefer to keep it in the same vein. To listen to Prince then Hank Williams followed by Muddy Waters and then Bruce Springsteen, ouch! How do you maintain a mood?

What if my preferred mood is just to enjoy music regardless of genre?

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
So you listen to music as if you're starring in the movie of your own life. The attention whoring and thread hijacking make more sense now.

Wrong as usual.

We all have moods, we go from way up to way down, we are happy, sad, thrilled, mad. Then there's the music. I simply go with what fits the mood. I love to dance, like to chill with them old blues, slobber in my beer, mellow out with some old gospel, whatever. I need to know what's best for whatever mood I'm in. That's where the knowledge comes in. How can I wander those old dusty Mississippi country roads without knowing about Charley Patton, Tommy Johnson, Ishman Bracey?

You really don't get it at all do you?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:42 PM
How can I wander those old dusty Mississippi country roads without knowing about Charley Patton, Tommy Johnson, Ishman Bracey?Thousands of people do it all the time.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
What if my preferred mood is just to enjoy music regardless of genre?

That's cool, but how long can you stay in that mood?

It's 2am in the moring, pouring down rain outside, everyone is asleep, you are wide awake. So ya mix a drink, head off to your little hideaway, light a few candles/incense and turn off the lights, ya want to ride them blinds, you'll need....train songs. Nothing else will work. I got hours of train songs.

PyRZTAmcW7c

ChumpDumper
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
That's cool, but how long can you stay in that mood?Quite a long time, since that's what he regularly does.

It's 2am in the moring, pouring down rain outside, everyone is asleep, you are wide awake. So ya mix a drink, head off to your little hideaway, light a few candles/incense and turn off the lights, ya want to ride them blinds, you'll need....train songs. Nothing else will work. I got hours of train songs.Drinking alone that often is sad.

Avante
04-23-2013, 12:52 PM
You invite a bunch of friends over, yep...party time! So ya put on some...

NjB-eQrJ0xw

....how long before somebody...:"dude, that sucks?" Yep, wrong mood.

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Wrong as usual.

We all have moods, we go from way up to way down, we are happy, sad, thrilled, mad. Then there's the music. I simply go with what fits the mood. I love to dance, like to chill with them old blues, slobber in my beer, mellow out with some old gospel, whatever. I need to know what's best for whatever mood I'm in. That's where the knowledge comes in. How can I wander those old dusty Mississippi country roads without knowing about Charley Patton, Tommy Johnson, Ishman Bracey?

You really don't get it at all do you?

I get that you and I listen to music differently. I've gotten that from the start. What you don't get, however, is that how you listen to music isn't better or more right than how I or anyone else listens to music.

Also, going from way up to way down generally isn't a good thing.

That's cool, but how long can you stay in that mood?

Well, for me, 30+ years and counting...

Blake
04-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Little man....a buzz....ok?

Now you are about 30 miles from her front door....

....you get pulled over because you dropped a CD on the floorboard and when reaching for it, swerved into the wrong lane.

You tell the cop you aren't drunk, just buzzed.

While traveling in the back of the squad car, the perfect song for the occasion comes to mind....

tpzV_0l5ILI

Avante
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I get that you and I listen to music differently. I've gotten that from the start. What you don't get, however, is that how you listen to music isn't better or more right than how I or anyone else listens to music.

Obviously it takes no creativity or knowledge to listen to a jumble of music. Just toss it in there. Talk about boring, wow! I wanna come up with a program, go from one tune to the next...smooth/perfect fit. I wanna get creative, know the music. Know what goes with what. That takes knowledge, anyone can throw a bunch of stuff together heading off in different directions, a kid could do that. No kid can put together the best of Alabama prewar blues without doing some homework.

Keep it simple, I need more than that.

silverblk mystix
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM

Kinda like how YOUR KNOWLEDGE

isn't any better than anyone else's knowledge-but you are so convinced that it is.

Your music history knowledge is no more impressive than anyone else's either- but you are really convinced that it is.

How many instruments do you play. by the way?
How many compositions have you completed?

How is your way of listening to music any better than anyone else's and who left you in charge of this?

lol

CuckingFunt
04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Obviously it takes no creativity or knowledge to listen to a jumble of music. Just toss it in there. Talk about boring, wow! I wanna come up with a program, go from one tune to the next...smooth/perfect fit. I wanna get creative, know the music. Know what goes with what. That takes knowledge, anyone can throw a bunch of stuff together heading off in different directions, a kid could do that. No kid can put together the best of Alabama prewar blues without doing some homework.

Keep it simple, I need more than that.

Yes, I know. You have made it very clear in this thread that satisfying your own pride is a large component in determining why/how you listen to music.