PDA

View Full Version : Any possiblity of Mills getting any minutes in the first round?

tony77
04-18-2013, 12:38 PM
23 points vs golden state, and against the lakers, he sunk in three 3's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_hUnAfZKOY

Budkin
04-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Only if there is garbage time.

spurraider21
04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
With the lakers backcourt looking the way it has, I wouldn't be surprised. Their reserve backcourt consists of Andrew Goudelock and Darrius Morris. Heck their starters are Steve Blake and Jodie Meeks.

ohmwrecker
04-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Jesus Christ, I hope not. Plus, his towel waving is far too important to team morale. Shouldn't fuck with that.

emanueldavidginobili
04-18-2013, 03:57 PM
No

hater
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Mills fucking sucks. If he plays more than 5 mins a game, it's because we are either in deep shit or blowing out the lakers(unlikely)

Shifty
04-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I believe he will be the other inactive next to Diaw for this series.

Gagnrath
04-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't think mills sucks he is just a better dribbling faster version of neal with a bit worse of a shot. Neither one is really much of a passer or a defender. Mills is younger though and seems to have better growth potential he also showed a spark in the Olympics that I didn't think he had. Depending on how Nado looks and Parker/Ginobili's health he might be the back-up PG.

DapDaGenius
04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Mills should be playing 40 minutes a night, along with Kawhi. Wait....why are you laughing?

benfti
04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Its not a stupid idea, Mills has a lot of resolve and if used to his strenghts could be a bit of a sparkplug to a flat offenence if that should occur. I would be inclined to leave him active at the very end of the bench to be shot out of a cannon if need be.

Poolboy5623
04-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Ta hell with mills...baynes should be the one getting minutes in the playoffs(especially against L.A.). I'm confused as to why the talking heads think the spurs will get "beat up" against the Lakers? Sure gasol and Dwight are long but neither of them play an extremely physical game. The only physical presence I see is mwp ...and he seems to be in the doghouse with Jamison playing well. I would like to see Aaron go in and flex his muscles for a stretch or two. If pop goes to Blair or Bonner instead, and they have to guard a big, it's not going to be pretty. Remember Bynum getting 30 boards against the turd towers...Kobe didn't play that game either.

Proxy
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Did he learn how to dribble and run the offense?

houston spurs fan
04-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Zero chance.

99 Problems
04-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Did he learn how to dribble and run the offense?

Pop already uses a mixture of guys who cannot dribble, shoot, run, jump. There's no reason why anyone else need become good at any one of those deficiencies.

Here is something to ponder. Millsy goes crazy in small minutes against Fakers. He opts out upon Fakers wanting him as a backup along with Blake Mamba to Nash. He fits the D'Antoni system. He does not turn the ball over much and his job will be to just give it to Kirby and Dwight. This Pg rotation is fine until Irving or Lillard arrive.

Hoops Czar
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Pop already uses a mixture of guys who cannot dribble, shoot, run, jump. There's no reason why anyone else need become good at any one of those deficiencies.

Yeah, but enough about De Colo. Give Mills a shot

AaronY
04-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Here is something to ponder. Millsy goes crazy in small minutes against Fakers. He opts out upon Fakers wanting him as a backup along with Blake Mamba to Nash. He fits the D'Antoni system. He does not turn the ball over much and his job will be to just give it to Kirby and Dwight. This Pg rotation is fine until Irving or Lillard arrive.
Ok

keywester
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Based on the last five game stats and PER, DeColo has no business playing back-up to Tony. Neal is looking good and, if needed, Mills may help. Cojo looks to have sunk to DeColo's level.

Skoobz
04-19-2013, 06:01 PM
You know, not such a stupid idea. We've seen other players aka Bonner/Green/Neal shrivel up in the playoffs......why not give Mills a shot and see if he's confidence holds up. He's shown he can ball on the big stage (Olympics).

Mugen
04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
If Mills is playing meaningful minutes, that means things aren't going according to plan. I'd rather not see him out there tbh.

TJastal
04-19-2013, 08:11 PM
If Mills is playing meaningful minutes, that means things aren't going according to plan. I'd rather not see him out there tbh.
And what exactly is this "plan" you're referring to?

1. Watching Mcgumby sucking wind out there and trying to figure out where he's supposed to be? Ahh right he's going to be "creating for others"... (uh huh...likely turnovers)

2. Seeing Mcgumby's weak attempts being flyswattered into the 12th row.

3. Witnessing Mcgumby as a reincarnation of past small ball "power" forwards and getting pummelled repeatedly on the backboards.

God forbid Mills sees any playing time with such superior options at the disposal.

EVAY
04-19-2013, 08:22 PM
no.

TheGoldStandard
04-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Mills has just about as much of a chance to play as I do.

houston spurs fan
04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
No.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
The next time I see Mills sag in to help on defense and still manage to get back out to the perimeter to close out on a 3-pointer will be the first. I get tired of constant straight ahead and wing, wide-open 3's when he is on defense

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2013, 04:48 PM
The difference between Mills, De Colo and Joseph is negligible, tbh, all 3 of them are terrible players that shouldn't be in an NBA rotation, let alone in the playoffs..

keywester
04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
The difference between Mills, De Colo and Joseph is negligible, tbh, all 3 of them are terrible players that shouldn't be in an NBA rotation, let alone in the playoffs..

Wow!! If we believe what you are saying, the NBA would only half of its current players. Even if we question the judgement of POP in developing a back-up PG to Tony, I still believe that Nado, Cojo or Mills could be a starter on a majority of NBA teams. In other words...go suck an egg!!!!

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Wow!! If we believe what you are saying, the NBA would only half of its current players. Even if we question the judgement of POP in developing a back-up PG to Tony, I still believe that Nado, Cojo or Mills could be a starter on a majority of NBA teams. In other words...go suck an egg!!!!

:lol

The Spurs have the worst backup PG situation of any West playoff team, tbh..

keywester
04-20-2013, 05:28 PM
:lol

The Spurs have the worst backup PG situation of any West playoff team, tbh..

I hope you are wrong for the sake of all Spurs fans!!! Go Spurs:flag:

ohmwrecker
04-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Manu and Neal should, and will, get the majority of minutes behind Tony. De Colo, Joseph and Mills should not play barring injury/garbage time. Baynes should only be used to collect fouls/Hack-a-Ho.

keywester
04-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Manu and Neal should, and will, get the majority of minutes behind Tony. De Colo, Joseph and Mills should not play barring injury/garbage time. Baynes should only be used to collect fouls/Hack-a-Ho.

+++ You've got it....

Bruno
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Mills could have been an option if Neal was injured. Neal has been terrific lately so Spurs don't really need another scoring punch.

Spurs will mainly have a 5 player perimeter rotation in the playoffs of Parker/Green/Leonard/Ginobili/Neal. One of Joseph or De Colo might get some minutes early in the playoffs with Manu not being ready to play heavy minutes. And, if these players stay healthy, it's a terrific 5 players perimeter rotation. Spurs biggest challenge against Lakers will be to contain the Gasol/Howard duo especially on the boards.

Biernutz
04-20-2013, 06:18 PM
He is always ready......but pop plays Nando over him all the time now.......he won't resign with us ......Dallas?

gospursgojas
04-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Jesus Christ, I hope not. Plus, his towel waving is far too important to team morale. Shouldn't fuck with that.

:tu LOL

superjames1992
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
LOL, Patty Cakes didn't even get garbage time.

Darius Bieber
04-21-2013, 05:58 PM
His time will come when necessary.