PDA

View Full Version : Who holds the keys to the kingdom.

Johnsyounger
04-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Here's the deal. Duncan is playing in beast mode, he will continue to shine. TP needs to be healthy and playing well, this is a good series to get going, and if he can't we are screwed anyway. Kawhi is the teams 3rd best player. He cannot disappear. He will be responsible for the wing defense. Manu will probably never be vintage again, but if he's there in the crunch, that's ok. This playoff run relies solely on the others.
A. Gary Neal~playing better as of late, must continue to do so. We will need some big shot Bob heroics from him at some point. See Memphis series 2011 ;)
B. Danny Green~he can be inconsistent and that's fine, but he will have to play some big games.
C. Tiago Splitter~he will have to stand tall, not get into foul trouble and grab boards. He'll get most of his points pick and roll and put backs.
D. Boris Diaw~we need him back ASAP. Aggressive preferably.
E. Bonner, Blair, whoever plays back pg, and I guess maybe Tmac~we need a big game or quarter from one of these guys ala Kerr, Oberto, or Horry from time to time.
What beat us last year was the lack of the A,B,C,D, and E guys stepping up. Sjax was the only letter player that didn't wilt under the OKC lights. If our Collison and Ibaka can get hot at the right times, you better look out. Tbh, if we can find some rhythm quickly this is not too much to ask. And the good news is we don't need it all to happen at once, just a little from here and there. The Spurs could lose to the Lakers. I would wanna pull out my pubic hair one by one first, but it could happen. We can beat La, and we can beat the Nuggets. And if we find some rhythm , we can make a run. Dallas did it and so can we. Believe my friends. Believe.

cheguevara
04-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Kawhi. this is his 2nd playoffs and he MUST show up big. anything less is doom for Spurs

100%duncan
04-19-2013, 05:13 AM
If we rely outside TD, TP, Kawhi, Splitter, Manu, Tmac, Neal, Diaw, Green, we are toast. Damn I was even forced to put Green in that list, dude's a choker.

Legacy
04-19-2013, 06:12 AM
Will Danny Green be able to handle the pressure this time around?

exstatic
04-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Kawhi needs to go off to keep LA from putting MWP on Manu and Jodi Meeks on Kawhi. He needs to abuse Meeks so badly that Three First Names has to make the switch. If MWP is allowed to stay on Manu, he will lterally beat the shit out of him like he did in 2006 with the Kings, all with the league's blessing.

Johnsyounger
04-19-2013, 12:19 PM
If we rely outside TD, TP, Kawhi, Splitter, Manu, Tmac, Neal, Diaw, Green, we are toast. Damn I was even forced to put Green in that list, dude's a choker.
There's a lot of hate on these boards for Neal, Bonner, and Green. One or more will have to step up or we will never make the WCF....

Brunodf
04-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Hopefully with Manu back Neal will not play and Baynes will get more minutes than Bonner/Blair

Seventyniner
04-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Quit it with all the "Green is a choker" crap. He was fine in the first two rounds last year, and 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Sure he could have another bad series, but I don't see what makes people 100% expect a chokejob. I would expect a series from Green more similar to last year's first round than the WCF tbh.

superjames1992
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Manu and Tony are key. We know Duncan is going to play well, but Manu and Tony have to show that they cane play at a high level, despite their recent injuries. I'm hopeful. This is our year.

racm
04-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Quit it with all the "Green is a choker" crap. He was fine in the first two rounds last year, and 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Sure he could have another bad series, but I don't see what makes people 100% expect a chokejob. I would expect a series from Green more similar to last year's first round than the WCF tbh.

True, it's just the mark of a streaky shooter.

Johnsyounger
05-04-2013, 03:15 AM
See how easy things are when Bonner has a couple solid games and Neal doesn't go 1-56?
Real simple, our role guys play solid, not out of their minds, but solid and things are easy. Next Round will be tougher, but only as tough as our role players make it. We should easily win with similar role player contribution.

dbestpro
05-04-2013, 07:45 AM
For Mr. Green, it is about what he does rather than what he doesn't do. So these are the things he should not do.

1. Do not pass the ball without making sure it is really, really, a safe pass.
2. Do not leave your feet on fake shots.
3. Do not put the ball on the floor. (It amazes me when Bonner is better at driving to the basket than Green).
4. Do not venture too far from the corner on offense.

The end result is either hit or miss your three point shot, but other than that, do no harm.

rudwick
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM
For Mr. Green, it is about what he does rather than what he doesn't do. So these are the things he should not do.

1. Do not pass the ball without making sure it is really, really, a safe pass.
2. Do not leave your feet on fake shots.
3. Do not put the ball on the floor. (It amazes me when Bonner is better at driving to the basket than Green).
4. Do not venture too far from the corner on offense.

The end result is either hit or miss your three point shot, but other than that, do no harm.

5. Do not try to make a layup - since you don't know how. Either dunk, pass the ball to someone else or circle out and wait for the offense to get downcourt. ( Can't anyone teach him how to make a layup? )

Legacy
05-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Will Danny Green be able to handle the pressure this time around?