PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Is George Karl COTY?

whitemamba
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
i think he is, great home record, good team basketball, no "star" player (although that could be the problem) but lawson is slowly proving he has some clutch in him.

discuss.

Thread
04-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Only if he still has cancer. Otherwise, no.

irishock
04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Only if he still has cancer. Otherwise, no.

This. The NBA always seems to come up with these soft and shitty feel-good stories

CitizenDwayne
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Sure, why not? This guy is destined to be praised endlessly, but never actually win shit.

Flawless
04-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
It'd be as much a lifetime achievement award as it would be for just this season but I can't see any overwhelming favorite. Mark Jackson's gotten some hype but that's has as much to do with Curry getting healthy and staying that way. The Nets win percentage under PJ is much improved though that may be more an indictment on AJ than anything else.

Killakobe81
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
You know what he won't win ...but I d vote for Spo. I know he has Lebron, but hear me out ...
Even when James or Wade or all 3 have been out ...he has either won or competitive.
HE has built a system tailored for Lebron but still works even when he is on the bench or being held out completely for "personal reasons".

I thought he sucked, but he is soaking up the Riley ways and is becoming a good coach. They defend, play unselfishly and run the court. His team does what is does primarily because of Lebron but he keeps them humming.

I could coach that team to a title but he had them win almost every game that mattered but still found rest for his stars.

Latarian Milton
04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
fat bald dotard ain't worth it imho.

Clipper Nation
04-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Coach Vin:cry already got COTY on lock due to The Achillies, tbh...