PDA

View Full Version : Ravens @ Broncos Thread

johnsmith
04-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Broncos are 6.5 point favorites.

I predict Manning throws for 7 touchdowns and the Broncos win by 42.

Chinook
04-19-2013, 06:39 PM
And so it begins again...

DeadlyDynasty
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Ravens re-signed McKinnie. Good move...they became arguably the biggest and best unit when they started him at LT for the playoff run. He's always been great--when motivated.

Chinook
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh, I guess this is the closest thing we have to a Ravens Thread in this forum.

In other news, Eric DeCosta said the Ravens had some outside options lined up at receiver. I'm interested to see if anything comes from that.

The 49ers have, I believe, 10 wide receivers in whom they have invested at least something. If they have to cut somebody, I wonder if they'll think Boldin's $6 Million base salary is worth it. Wouldn't it be fun to see him come back to Baltimore?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
If the Ravens have/find an effective replacement for Boldin they'll be contending again next year.

TIMMYtoZO
05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
The Ravens may already have Boldin's replacement on the roster. Ozzie knows what he is doing. He is great at finding talent all over the place.

Thebesteva
05-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Don't worry OP, my Broncos always win when it's not a playoff game. They beat the shit out of the Ravens @ their own house before losing in the playoffs to them only 2-3 weeks later.

Chinook
05-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey, J.T. , what do you think of A.Q. Shipley? The Ravens just traded for him. He could be in line to start this season.

J.T.
05-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey, J.T. , what do you think of A.Q. Shipley? The Ravens just traded for him. He could be in line to start this season.

Hey Chinook,

I'm actually scratching my head as to why Grigson traded Shipley. For the amount of money we were paying him, the guy gave us extremely good value. At times last season he was much better than our starter Samson Satele and seemed to have a much higher ceiling. Kind of sad to see him go, most of his teammates loved him and have already gone on Twitter saying how much they're gonna miss the guy. Bottom line is you guys got a good player who works hard and has a chance to be great if the situation is right but he's still young.

We drafted Khaled Holmes from USC and Hugh Thorton from Illinois this year so someone was going to get cut but the smart money in Colts Nation was that it was going to be Satele. He's owed a lot more money than Shipley was and wasn't even the best center on our roster last year. I don't know what the fuck Grigson was thinking, honestly. I suppose it was to get a draft pick as opposed to just cutting Satele and eating the dead money but I don't like the move. I had Shipley figured as a great player for extra depth on the o-line and we certainly need that at the moment.

Chinook
05-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Hey Chinook,

I'm actually scratching my head as to why Grigson traded Shipley. For the amount of money we were paying him, the guy gave us extremely good value. At times last season he was much better than our starter Samson Satele and seemed to have a much higher ceiling. Kind of sad to see him go, most of his teammates loved him and have already gone on Twitter saying how much they're gonna miss the guy. Bottom line is you guys got a good player who works hard and has a chance to be great if the situation is right but he's still young.

We drafted Khaled Holmes from USC and Hugh Thorton from Illinois this year so someone was going to get cut but the smart money in Colts Nation was that it was going to be Satele. He's owed a lot more money than Shipley was and wasn't even the best center on our roster last year. I don't know what the fuck Grigson was thinking, honestly. I suppose it was to get a draft pick as opposed to just cutting Satele and eating the dead money but I don't like the move. I had Shipley figured as a great player for extra depth on the o-line and we certainly need that at the moment.

Thanks for the info. Right now, he's competing with Gino Gradkowski (Bruce's younger brother) for the starting center spot. Given Gradkowski's experience with the playbook and Shipley's starting experience, I'd say they're about even right now. I imagine they'll both be on the roster no matter who wins the competition, but one thing that I hear is hurting Shipley is that he doesn't have the body to play anything but center, while Gradkowski can also play guard. So if Gino beats him out, Shipley may end up being cut. The Ravens have no one outside of Gradkowski and Yanda who can play center if they release Shipley, though, and you'd think that the Ravens must like him if they traded for him.

By the way, did you hear what the compensation was? All I've found is that it's a conditional pick.

J.T.
05-10-2013, 01:56 AM
By the way, did you hear what the compensation was? All I've found is that it's a conditional pick.

Yeah all I heard was the same. Very interested in more details tbh.

Edit: Don't have any more details on conditions of the draft pick in the trade but after doing some digging, it appears Samson Satele's contract was extremely front loaded so if we play him this season and cut him in early 2014, we'll owe him practically nothing and his cap hit will be virtually invisible. I guess the Colts brass is planning on that and really likes their draft picks this year. Still, Colts rookie minicap started yesterday. Both of these picks could be total busts and at least you knew what you had in Shipley. FWIW, Shipley was the starting center for us in the Green Bay game that everybody remembers from last year.

I would suspect Shipley would play much better than he did with the Colts on a team that has better players on the interior offensive line. Personally I think he's an above average pass blocker but not that good at run blocking...but the Colts o-line was collectively bad at that so who knows if that's actually a weakness for Shipley. But with all the money they gave to Flacco he should help keep him on his feet.

Chinook
05-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I would suspect Shipley would play much better than he did with the Colts on a team that has better players on the interior offensive line. Personally I think he's an above average pass blocker but not that good at run blocking...but the Colts o-line was collectively bad at that so who knows if that's actually a weakness for Shipley. But with all the money they gave to Flacco he should help keep him on his feet.

From what I hear about Shipley, his lack of size and arm length means he's best suited for a zone-blocking scheme. The Ravens run that scheme, so that should help him. Strength is supposedly not a problem with him, which is critical when going up against the tackles in the AFCN. Another good thing is that Juan Castillo coached him in Philadelphia. I imagine Castillo believes he can get something out of Shipley, and his track record makes me inclined to believe him.

DeadlyDynasty
05-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Like others have echoed in this thread already, it looks like Boldin is the only huge loss. Every other cap casualty has been replaced by up-and-coming studs. Ozzie and DeCosta don't get paid enough--no matter how high their salary already is.

J.T.
05-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Chinook

Ravens give us a 7th round pick if Shipley makes the roster. :pctoss

We signed rookie UDFA Rick Schmeig to replace Shipley, who is taller and larger than Shipley. I think the Colts are tired of not being able to run the football and are trying to make sure they have size at every position on the line. I'm cool with that, because lots of teams give their ground game a nickname in the NFL... for the last five years ours has been "Let's Waste a Down"

Chinook
05-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557)

Ravens give us a 7th round pick if Shipley makes the roster. :pctoss

We signed rookie UDFA Rick Schmeig to replace Shipley, who is taller and larger than Shipley. I think the Colts are tired of not being able to run the football and are trying to make sure they have size at every position on the line. I'm cool with that, because lots of teams give their ground game a nickname in the NFL... for the last five years ours has been "Let's Waste a Down"

Thanks. Good deal for both sides if the Colts were going to cut him anyway. Yahoo had reported the pick to be a fourth-rounder, which would have been ludicrous -- no offense.

I can't wait for actual training camp to start.

Chinook
05-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Ronaldo McClain has "retired."

I'm more curious than anything. I had hoped he'd revive his career in Baltimore, but at least he quit before the Ravens became dependent on him.

johnsmith
05-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Only 3 and a half more months before the Broncos start their Super Bowl run by avenging the loss against the Ravens.

johnsmith
05-29-2013, 11:38 PM
The Broncos have now added Quentin Jammer, Rodgers-cromartie, Shaun Phillips, Wes Welker, Louis Vasquez, Montee Ball, Sylvester Williams, and a few others. While some of these moves aren't blockbusters, they sure add a shit ton of depth. It's possible that this version of the Broncos is more talented than the Super Bowl teams of the late 90's.

The only glaring weakness I can see is at the middle linebacker but Irving can play if the big bodies up front do their jobs.

I predict 19-0.

johnsmith
05-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Oh, and hopefully Rahim Moore has practiced his timing on jump balls....that seems important in retrospect.

Thebesteva
05-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Oh, and hopefully Rahim Moore has practiced his timing on jump balls....that seems important in retrospect.

My heart is still recovering from that moment :'( fuckin moron

johnsmith
05-30-2013, 01:50 PM
My heart is still recovering from that moment :'( fuckin moron

I've accepted it. It took a long time, but I'm pretty much over it. An opening day thrashing of the Ravens would help though.

Thebesteva
05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
I've accepted it. It took a long time, but I'm pretty much over it. An opening day thrashing of the Ravens would help though.

The only thing that soothes that heart ache is the thought that the Broncos would have lost anyway either to the Pats or the 49ers. They have some mental holes to fill up this year as a unit. Peyton Manning also conveniently dissapearing late in playoff games is getting old.

TIMMYtoZO
05-30-2013, 02:16 PM
The only thing that soothes that heart ache is the thought that the Broncos would have lost anyway either to the Pats or the 49ers. They have some mental holes to fill up this year as a unit. Peyton Manning also conveniently dissapearing late in playoff games is getting old.

:lol Can't fault Peyton for the Ravens loss. He didn't play his best game, but the fact that people just ignore that brilliant 4th quarter TD drive that he had to put them up 35-28 is hilarious. He did enough to win that game. Rahim Moore blew his assignment. The ot int is moot to me because it shouldn't had even made it that far. Denver had no momentum. That Moore fuckup sealed Denver's fate.

Thebesteva
05-30-2013, 02:36 PM
:lol Can't fault Peyton for the Ravens loss. He didn't play his best game, but the fact that people just ignore that brilliant 4th quarter TD drive that he had to put them up 35-28 is hilarious. He did enough to win that game. Rahim Moore blew his assignment. The ot int is moot to me because it shouldn't had even made it that far. Denver had no momentum. That Moore fuckup sealed Denver's fate.

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely blame Fox and Rahim Moore. But in OT, when guys like Eli and Tom Brady find ways to make it happen, Peyton looked horrified out there. He literally looked scared to be there. I have a huge problem with a player who mentally freaks out on the big stage.

Then again, the Broncos were the team that gave the Ravens the hardest time imo. (I don't count the comeback by the 49ers who used a miraculous 45 minute time out with the blackout.)

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM
I watched the highlights of their divisional matchup again and am still baffled at how Rahim Moore fucked that up. 40 seconds left, no timeouts, 70 yards to go, 3rd and long, etc...

Monumental fuck-up, but gotdayum I gotta give credit to Flacco for being pushed up in the pocket and throwing that BOMB on the run, w/o his feet set.

manufan10
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Broncos released Willis McGahee today.

johnsmith
06-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Broncos released Willis McGahee today.

Hmmmm, while I'm ok with the move, in this offense, I sure hope those young guys can learn to pick up the blitz real quick....Mcgahee excelled at that....he also fumbled a lot at really keep points.

johnsmith
06-21-2013, 08:18 AM
The moment the buzzer sounded last night, the countdown to this thread meaning something just started.

Hurry up NFL, I need you!!!

rayray2k8
06-23-2013, 12:03 AM
I kinda needed a break from sports... Shit really drained me this year being a raven fan and spurs fan. Weird feeling to be on both sides of a championship game..
But, that being said, once i see training camp start, I'll start to really anticipate Kickoff, especially with all the new players, during the post Ray Lewis era.
P.S Suggs is a bitch :lol

Staplepuffs27
06-24-2013, 01:55 PM
I loved Willis, hate to see him go. It'll be interesting to see if ball or Moreno starts. I think denver has a lot of good backs, but not a great vet like Willis. Hopefully someone breaks out this year.

johnsmith
06-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I loved Willis, hate to see him go. It'll be interesting to see if ball or Moreno starts. I think denver has a lot of good backs, but not a great vet like Willis. Hopefully someone breaks out this year.

If Knowshon can stay healthy for more than a third of the season, he can actually do some damage...he came on strong before gettin hurt again last year. I'm actually far more concerned about all the dings that our O-line currently has.

MeloHype
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
73 more days...

johnsmith
07-11-2013, 10:13 PM
2013/2014 revenge tour starts in less than 2 weeks!!!!!!

johnsmith
08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm changing my prediction for this game. Broncos 64 Ravens 3.

Defense chokes at the end to let up the easy field goal.

Manning kicks two extra points.

Chinook
08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
The Ravens just traded David Reed to the Colts for Delone Carter.

J.T. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4114) I don't know anything about Carter besides that he was a mid-round pick a couple of years ago. Is he anything to get excited about?

David Reed was a good returner (leading the NFL in kickoff return average) until he fumbled three times against the Seahawks a few years ago. He's never really developed as a receiver, and he can't stay healthy. But he's a really good gunner on special teams and certainly still has potential in the slot.

J.T.
08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Nah, Carter was really only brought in for short yardage and goal line work and couldn't even do that. Colts backfield is crowded right now, and since they added a FB to their offense, no way do they go into the regular season with 4 RB's. I'm surprised they made a trade, figured Carter would just be a victim of roster cutdowns.

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 09:38 AM
God I hate Ron Jaworski. Fuckin douche.

johnsmith
09-04-2013, 02:19 PM
It begins tomorrow

Chinook
09-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Indeed.

ducks
09-04-2013, 07:32 PM

I predict peyton will be injured and Denver fans will chant we want t-bow
he can get playoff wins

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Baltimore is primed to win this game. Denver opened up as something like an 8.5 point favorite or something ridiculous. Dumervil will be pumped. Champ not playing, Von not playing. Denver backfield in a state of flux. Welker will be rusty. Baltimore could win this game by double digits and it wouldn't shock me

Chief Brody
09-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Baltimore is primed to win this game. Denver opened up as something like an 8.5 point favorite or something ridiculous. Dumervil will be pumped. Champ not playing, Von not playing. Denver backfield in a state of flux. Welker will be rusty. Baltimore could win this game by double digits and it wouldn't shock me
Yes, the Ravens are playing with house money, but I see a 31-10 Bronco beatdown

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 10:09 PM

not sure how you expect the Denver D to do much of anything to hold Balitmore to 10 points. Rice will have a field day

Chief Brody
09-04-2013, 10:15 PM
not sure how you expect the Denver D to do much of anything to hold Balitmore to 10 points. Rice will have a field day
Judging by Baltimore's offensive ineptitude in preseason, just play 2 deep safeties and turn them into a one dimensional team

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Judging by preseason

therein lies your problem

Chief Brody
09-04-2013, 10:21 PM

therein lies your problem
How bout we just bet $100 straight up on the game. Hell, I'll even give you (+3) since you seem pretty set in your convictions. Deal?

Chinook
09-05-2013, 01:01 AM

The Ravens are the defending Super Bowl Champions. They are not some underdog playing with house money. Denver is at home, but the Ravens should feel insulted that the team they really outplayed on offense and defense in the playoffs is considered such a favorite. I expect the Ravens to be extremely physical on both sides, and I don't think Denver will be able to handle it with all the players they've lost this off-season or who are expected to be out for this game.

That being said, I could definitely see the Broncos winning by multiple scores. Regular-season Manning is just that good.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 02:51 AM
How bout we just bet $100 straight up on the game. Hell, I'll even give you (+3) since you seem pretty set in your convictions. Deal?

lol the line as it stands now is +7.5. if I was going to "just bet $100" on the game, why would I bet with you when I could get a better line for the same payout :lol

rayjayjohnson
09-05-2013, 03:58 AM
broncs by 14. book it

Avante
09-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Denver 7-1 in home openers the last 8. They are also the best Sept team in the NFL over the last 10 years. People forget the Ravens lost to...

Eagles
Barely Beat Chiefs 9-6
Texans...got hammered
Redskins
Bengals

...on the road in 2012. While Denver was 7-1 at home. Don't ignore the altitude early on either. Most the starters aren't in the kind of shape they will be in.

But all the point spread stats point towards the Ravens who are 6=2 vs the number vs Denver.

So....

Broncos wins it 27-21.

Broncos not a solid home favorite in these night games.

johnsmith
09-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Denver 7-1 in home openers the last 8. They are also the best Sept team in the NFL over the last 10 years. People forget the Ravens lost to...

Eagles
Barely Beat Chiefs 9-6
Texans...got hammered
Redskins
Bengals

...on the road in 2012. While Denver was 7-1 at home. Don't ignore the altitude early on either. Most the starters aren't in the kind of shape they will be in.

But all the point spread stats point towards the Ravens who are 6=2 vs the number vs Denver.

So....

Broncos wins it 27-21.

I actually agree with this. Over the years, it's been debated in Denver as to why the Broncos are so good at the beginning of the season (except last year), and the altitude probably does have something to do with it. They are practicing all summer at a mile high and are in a bit better shape than everyone else for a small portion of the season.

In theory anyway.

Spur|n|Austin
09-05-2013, 09:46 AM

Eagles
Barely Beat Chiefs 9-6
Texans...got hammered
Redskins
Bengals

So....

Broncos wins it 27-21.

Good points all around. What type of night are you predicting from Rice?

Chinook
09-05-2013, 10:17 AM

The Ravens are 5-0 in openers during Rice's career, and a big part of that is because the running game tends to look great.

The team didn't run well in the pre-season globally, but they ran very well when they had their starting offensive line intact. That only happened for one or two series against the Panthers, and the Ravens just road-grated over them. I expect this to continue, especially with Denver missing some key pieces to their front seven and them having to play two deep safeties.

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
In April, in the weak-ass AFC, I would have had the Broncos as the clear favourite..I still expect them to be the best once Von returns, but I'm less optimistic, tbh..as I said a few years ago, I still don't buy that Denver can win a SB with vanilla Fox as the Head Coach, tbh..vanilla coaches don't win in today's league IMO, but the lack of powerhouses in the AFC will help..

The linebacker core and deep secondary should still be effective without Von/Doom and Champ, at least for a few weeks..for the first time in forever, the CB position is deep, and if they succeed in the first 2 weeks without Champ, I'm hoping it'll influence him to make the full switch to safety, tbh..

The backfield is also a concern, obviously..

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 11:50 AM
vanilla coaches don't win in today's league IMO

what flavor is tom coughlin, tbh?

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 12:09 PM
The Giants were and still are one of the most aggressive teams in the NFL, at least from a defensive standpoint..

Fox was conservative as fuck on defense when he first joined the Broncos, until he noticed that blitzing with elite pass rushers actually works:lol..he's still the most conservative coach in the NFL on offense, he's on his own level, but luckily Manning controls virtually the entire offense..

Panthers fans warned us about this on the Broncos forum when he first arrived, and he's still the same coach, tbh..

Avante
09-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Since I see the Ravens playing catch up and that Bronco D was ranked second overall and third vs the run .....not too well.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 01:32 PM
The Giants were and still are one of the most aggressive teams in the NFL, at least from a defensive standpoint..

Fox was conservative as fuck on defense when he first joined the Broncos, until he noticed that blitzing with elite pass rushers actually works:lol..he's still the most conservative coach in the NFL on offense, he's on his own level, but luckily Manning controls virtually the entire offense..

Panthers fans warned us about this on the Broncos forum when he first arrived, and he's still the same coach, tbh..

complain all ya want, but you guys have won the division twice in the 2 years fox has been around, even in the orton-tebow year. that's saying somethin

johnsmith
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
complain all ya want, but you guys have won the division twice in the 2 years fox has been around, even in the orton-tebow year. that's saying somethin

Meh, it would be saying something if out division had more than one actual NFL team in it. Chiefs/Charger/Raiders are about as bad a threesome as you can have.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Meh, it would be saying something if out division had more than one actual NFL team in it. Chiefs/Charger/Raiders are about as bad a threesome as you can have.

going 7-4 then 1-1 in the playoffs with Tebow is pretty miraculous

johnsmith
09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
going 7-4 then 1-1 in the playoffs with Tebow is pretty miraculous

True

boobie4three
09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Real football tonight boys. No more preseason garbage ball. All those jokers on the NFL Network pregame are picking the Broncos so I'm rooting for the Ravens. Gonna chow down my pregame meal of fish heads and rice and get ready FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 06:55 PM
gonna root for former JAG daryl smith. I hope my fantasy back up moreno does something lol

Chinook
09-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Harbaugh just got $7 Million per year on a new four-year extension.

boobie4three
09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
The biggest pregame festivities I've ever seen are happening now in Baltimore,...and the game's in DENVER!

benefactor
09-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Fuck...feels like it's been forever. Bring the season.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Lightning delay. wtf.

boobie4three
09-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Kickoff delayed 15 minutes for weather...Pussies.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 07:40 PM
c'mon season. lets go!

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Plz fuk up peyton 4 da season

jeebus
09-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Let's stand out in the rain with umbrellas to show off how crazy we are and what depths we'll go to!

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
31-17 Denver

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 08:05 PM
ravens think its half in NOLA

Clipper Nation
09-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Goodell really has pussified the fuck out of this league.... apparently Princess Peyton can't play in the rain anymore? :lol

boobie4three
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Welker will come through,....or not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/welker_zps8daa188a.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krakee/media/welker_zps8daa188a.gif.html)

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Goodell really has pussified the fuck out of this league.... apparently Princess Peyton can't play in the rain anymore? :lolfootball in the rain is dead

Floyd Pacquiao
09-05-2013, 08:13 PM
this whole rain delay has worked out perfect for me... got home late from the gym thought i was gonna miss the 1st Q

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Refs picking up where they left off in last year's playoff game, aiding Baltimore, tbh:lol..

benefactor
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice open field play.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Torrey Smith one on one? Come on son.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 08:30 PM
:lol...why was he playing so far off. Just hand him the first down.

Michael Jordan.
Christ Denver :lol

thunderup
Torrey Smith showing it how it's done.

Baltimore picking up from last year.

boobie4three
Flacco earning his million$.

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 08:32 PM
I think they need welker on d

benefactor
09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Welker putting in work.

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 08:43 PM
lol Denver sucking. so much for superbowl or bust

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Lol nacho :tu

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Refs picking up where they left off in last year's playoff game, aiding Baltimore, tbh:lol..
for fucks sake its been 1 quarter and ur pissing on about officiating. your heatfan half is coming out

Chinook
09-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Good so far. Jones is having a better game than I would have thought.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 08:51 PM
wow flacco put that on the money. i did say the loss of pitta would be a bigger factor than most are giving it. pitta makes that catch

Chinook
09-05-2013, 08:51 PM
I was going to say something similar. But that was a great defensive play.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Good call.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 08:57 PM
crofl

SanAntonioSpurs23
:lol

benefactor

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Lmao ravens ST :tu

Michael Jordan.
:lmao

benefactor
What the fuck was he doing? :lol

benefactor
09-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Now he's hurt. Man I wouldn't want to be that rookie.

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
:lmao Flacco

boobie4three
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Big time pick

benefactor
09-05-2013, 09:02 PM
...and Baggadonuts taketh away.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Classic Manning.

Michael Jordan.
09-05-2013, 09:03 PM
My nigga Peyton!!

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 09:04 PM
turnover that deep against sheriff manning? bad move

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 09:04 PM
brb picking up Julius Thomas

Lincoln
09-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Choking pussy putting up regular seaso TDs per the usual

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Choking pussy putting up regular seaso TDs per the usual

its hard to throw postseason touchdowns in week 1 tbh

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Daryle Lamonica reference :hat

symple19
09-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey look. Bullshit preseason is over. Finally!

symple19
09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
:lmao Welker

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Already hating Welker, tbh..I can tell Manning is going to over-rely on him, and now he can't even catch a kick return:lol..

What a stupid coaching decision, too, as usual..

Floyd Pacquiao
09-05-2013, 09:16 PM
funny stuff

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 09:23 PM
brb picking up Julius Thomas

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 09:24 PM
THAT nigga Julius Thomas, tbh..doesn't know how to block a High Schooler, but he's a beast receiver..

benefactor
09-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Thomas in god mode

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
My later day nigga pitta makes that catch

Chinook
09-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Good, all things considered. Jones' injury hurts, but at least no one's returning kickoffs in this game.

Chinook
09-05-2013, 09:54 PM

Even Shiancoe makes that catch. The Ravens cut the wrong tight-end.

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 10:07 PM
THAT nigga Julius Thomas, tbh..doesn't know how to block a High Schooler, but he's a beast receiver..

Yep,:lol..

benefactor
09-05-2013, 10:08 PM
lol Ravens...no challenge then bukkaked by Thomas

djohn2oo8
09-05-2013, 10:10 PM
My nigga Peyton yall.

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 10:11 PM
lol Ravens...no challenge then bukkaked by Thomas

I harbough defense if he loses that challenge, he's out of challenges. His guys upstairs should have signaled him though

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Ed Dickson looks terrible so far, tbh..

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Lol ravens Fd

benefactor
09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Ravens in meltdown. Need to force a FG here.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Well so much for that. :lol

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Where iz ray lewis when u need him...

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 10:23 PM

benefactor
09-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Sore ribs in the morning tbh.

benefactor
09-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Manning dismantling the Ravens right now.

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 10:32 PM
dat sheriff is dat nigga

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 10:39 PM
damn that oher injury hurting them bad. haha fuck you flacco you overrated fuck

JingleJangleJingle
09-05-2013, 10:43 PM
lol Ravens spending all their money on a game manager QB that got hot for a playoff.

Chinook
09-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Flacco has looked all right so far. His guys have really been dropping some balls. Too bad Pitta got hurt. That Clark drop and the missed challenge were 11 of the 18 points right there, not to mention a lot of momentum.

td4mvp2k
09-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Lol where is troy smith?

jeebus
09-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Where iz ray lewis when u need him...
http://i.minus.com/ibmZY46DQYDEa8.gif

benefactor
09-05-2013, 11:01 PM
:lol...Ravens just can't catch a break.

jeebus
09-05-2013, 11:05 PM
They should rename the stadium to "Ariel Castro's House"

benefactor
09-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Welp, gotta work early. This is over.

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-05-2013, 11:07 PM

DAF86
lol trying to defend championships on the NFL.

That's Funked Up
They should rename the stadium to "Ariel Castro's House"
Complete with the forced abortion known as joseph flacco

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Can't really blame Flacco, tbh..

Their TEs look atrocious and their offensive line has been poor, tbh..

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 11:12 PM
i picked up julius thomas in one of my leagues 10 minutes before kickoffhttp://i44.tinypic.com/axy4yg.png

monosylab1k
09-05-2013, 11:13 PM

RD2191
09-05-2013, 11:14 PM

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 11:15 PM

RD2191
:lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
OK, never mind, tbh:lol..

Wow, what an idiot Travatheon is, tbh..nigga is lucky its a blowout..

symple19

DAF86
lol retarded fuck :rollin

KoolAid Mans Brother
:lmao What a dumb fucking monkey

Chief Brody
I'd sign Peyton for another 10 years, even if he's a quadriplegic by then. 6 TDs and 400 yds against the defending champs--and none of those stats accrued in garbage time (not counting what he adds on from here on out). The Sheriff is a joy to watch and we're lucky to watch him play imo

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 11:16 PM
that noise you just heard was everyone with Denver's D on their fantasy team yelling at their screen

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-05-2013, 11:18 PM
I'd sign Peyton for another 10 years, even if he's a quadriplegic by then. 6 TDs and 400 yds against the defending champs--and none of those stats accrued in garbage time (not counting what he adds on from here on out). The Sheriff is a joy to watch and we're lucky to watch him play imo

until the playoffs begin where he has a career losing record and the only person he was ever able to beat in the Super Bowl is Rex Grossman

RD2191
:lmao:lmao:lmao

That's Funked Up
not peyton's fault his D fucked him

Chief Brody
09-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Can't really blame Flacco, tbh..

Their TEs look atrocious and their offensive line has been poor, tbh..
This, the O-line's been a sieve, Dickson can't catch (per par), and the Boldin and Pitta safety valves are desperately missed already. Gotta Give Flacco his fair share of credit too though--he's been garbage since the 2nd half started.

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 11:28 PM
lol Fox didn't learn shit from last year, quit playing pussy ball

mojorizen7
09-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Flacco needs needs the Rice run game to be successful. They got punked in the trenches tnite.

resistanze
09-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Wow Trevathan, just saw the replay.

resistanze
09-05-2013, 11:38 PM
lol Decker

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 11:39 PM
see what happens when you pass the ball you fucking pussy ass coordinator

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 11:39 PM
manning with. 7 tds. stat padding lol

mojorizen7
09-05-2013, 11:41 PM
NOT last years Ravens team. FA sucks sometimes...

symple19
09-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Peyton Manning is a goddamn boss

That's Funked Up
09-05-2013, 11:43 PM
manning with. 7 tds. stat padding lol

they only needed a first down on that last one tbqh, Thomas just had an open lane

Chinook
09-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Free agents have been fine, outside of maybe Huff. Jimmy Smith has been giving up too many long passes.

The Ravens have flashed competent offense. Marlon Brown looks pretty good. But damn, the Ravens need to find another receiver, and Dickson needs to figure out how to catch again.

The defense has some work to do, but it's really just a cohesion thing right now. I like the potential of the front seven.

Chinook
09-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Good game, Broncos fans. Let's see if our teams meet again in the playoffs. :toast

Thebesteva
09-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Atta boy, my Broncos better win the SB this year. This fuckin dry spell is ridiculous

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Atta boy, my Broncos better win the SB this year. This fuckin dry spell is ridiculous

Regular season Manning>>>>>>>>playoff Manning. I know this all too well

Thebesteva
09-06-2013, 12:32 AM

Yeah I dunno wtf thats about...he has LBJ syndrome except he doesnt have anyone to bail him out.

symple19
09-06-2013, 01:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jGfNo6N.gif

Chief Brody
09-06-2013, 01:07 AM
DIAFF

dirk4mvp
09-06-2013, 01:09 AM

:lol ungrateful faggot

Thebesteva
09-06-2013, 01:17 AM
DIAFF

Why? I'm a Broncos fan, it's been since 97 we haven't won. They havent even been back to the SB since. I can care less if other teams have had less success, these are the Broncos we're talking about you stinky fuck you.

Blake
09-06-2013, 01:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jGfNo6N.gif

Oh yeah, i knew there was no way i was the only one that hit rewind there

Blake
09-06-2013, 01:21 AM

Holy shit. Rofl.

Chief Brody
09-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Why? I'm a Broncos fan, it's been since 97 we haven't won. They havent even been back to the SB since. I can care less if other teams have had less success, these are the Broncos we're talking about you stinky fuck you.
They won in the 1998 season, but actually won the SB in 1999. I know b/c I was at that stinker. The whole world wanted to see the 14-2 Broncos vs the 15-1 Rookie Randy Moss Vikings.

Fucking Gary Andersen....

HarlemHeat37
09-06-2013, 01:40 AM
They won in 98

:lol, tbh..

:lol "we", tbh..

Thebesteva
09-06-2013, 01:41 AM
They won in 98

I meant 98, regardless, the point stands still its been a huge drought for one of the better franchises in the NFL. Bowlen better get this shit right

Chief Brody
09-06-2013, 02:01 AM
I meant 98, regardless, the point stands still its been a huge drought for one of the better franchises in the NFL. Bowlen better get this shit right
Yes, the plight of Bronco fan (who have been at the very least a mediocre competitive team since #7 retired) is well documented. Teams that have had a worse run since Elway's retirement

Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills
Minnesota Vikings (debatable)
New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers
Washington Redskins

There's probably many others but I'm factoring in those last 15 years primarily...

Thebesteva
09-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Yes, the plight of Bronco fan (who have been at the very least a mediocre competitive team since #7 retired) is well documented. Teams that have had a worse run since Elway's retirement

Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills
Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers
Washington Redskins

There's probably many others but I'm factoring in those last 15 years primarily...

But not winning or being to the SB, considering the epic blunders the Broncos have had since Elway's retirement is what makes it frustrating as a fan. I've had the Lakers to cheer me up, but seeing the Broncos prior to getting Peyton has been a frustrating experience. Primarily that loss to the Steelers in 2005, and Ravens last year.

J.T.
09-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Seriously, Game of Thrones is jealous of that disembowelment Manning just pulled on the Ravens.

Chief Brody
09-06-2013, 02:10 AM
But not winning or being to the SB, considering the epic blunders the Broncos have had since Elway's retirement is what makes it frustrating as a fan. I've had the Lakers to cheer me up, but seeing the Broncos prior to getting Peyton has been a frustrating experience. Primarily that loss to the Steelers in 2005, and Ravens last year.
The Ravens loss I can definitely understand, as well as the Jags loss in 96. The 2005 Steelers were just a MUCH better team than those fools gold Donks--they just sandbagged the regular season and got hot late (and received horrible ref assistance in SB 40).

If anybody should be frustrated about 2005 it's Colts fan--they were far and away the best team that year.

J.T.
09-06-2013, 02:35 AM
If anybody should be frustrated about 2005 it's Colts fan--they were far and away the best team that year.

I would still say 2009 is literally "the one that got away" because Hank Baskett recovered the onside kick after halftime in the Super Bowl, heard someone call blue ball and let go of it before the whistle and the Saints came out of the pile with it.

2005 sucks major dick but the thing non-Colts fans forget about that is between the end of the season and the playoff game against the Steelers, Dungy's son hung himself. That would have derailed even the greatest of locker rooms throughout NFL history. And yeah, the remainder of the playoffs being vs. Denver and SB vs. Seattle...we would have rang so fucking easily if Roethlisberger doesn't somehow catch up to and tackle a cornerback or our kicker shanked that easy FG to send it to OT.

TIMMYtoZO
09-06-2013, 02:51 AM

:lol Yeah, blame Peyton when his D let him down several times sans 2007, Vanderjackoff shanked numerous kicks, etc.

:lol colt fan
:lol blaming Manning for everything
:lol refusing to blame the front office for not building a better team around PFM

J.T.
09-06-2013, 03:02 AM
:lol Yeah, blame Peyton when his D let him down several times sans 2007, Vanderjackoff shanked numerous kicks, etc.

:lol colt fan
:lol blaming Manning for everything
:lol refusing to blame the front office for not building a better team around PFM

The Colts definitely rode Manning's dick to the greatest statistical decade for a single team in NFL history and should take the brunt of the blame for not having at least 3 titles. They should have rang in 2005 and 2009 for sure, and probably didn't even deserve to win the one title they did. Chargers should have got that one but got Marty'd out of the postseason in their first game.

The kind of team Indy built was historically not going to perform well in the postseason. It relied too much on passing and employed a bend-don't-break defense when you need to shut down the run and keep niggas out the end zone. Manning's just in the LeBron James type of category of can't get the media on your side unless you're playing for a championship every fucking year. Only it's pretty easy for a stacked team to get to the NBA Finals multiple years in a row because you get seven chances to advance to the next round instead of one tbh.

J.T.
09-06-2013, 05:05 AM
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2cwq3p0.jpg

benefactor
09-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Is Broncos fan really complaining about a dry spell?

:lol:lol

Cry me a fucking river.

Avante
09-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Is Broncos fan really complaining about a dry spell?

:lol:lol

Cry me a fucking river.

Why are you such a prick guy?

benefactor
09-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Don't talk to me you dried up old attention whore. Call your grandkids or go play some bingo. Leave the football talk to people who aren't in the early stages of Alzheimers.

Avante
09-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Don't talk to me you dried up old attention whore. Call your grandkids or go play some bingo. Leave the football talk to people who aren't in the early stages of Alzheimers.

Why not lose the junior high bullshit ya little shit and stop bugging the grown ups? You can't talk football dummy, ya don' know anything. I bet you're still a cherry boy aren't ya little freak?

J.T.
09-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Why not lose the junior high bullshit ya little shit and stop bugging the grown ups? You can't talk football dummy, ya don' know anything. I bet you're still a cherry boy aren't ya little freak?

spurraider was wondering why the NFL board hates Avante, it's because we "don't know anything" when we talk to him.

This is like Peyton Manning trying to tell a one year old child he can't read a defense properly. Must suck to be 70+ years old and have to talk to people on the internet for fun. Either all his friends are dead or hate him, probably a healthy mixture of both, but the dead ones hated him before they passed.

benefactor
09-06-2013, 08:04 AM
:lol...agreed.

Trill Clinton
09-06-2013, 08:16 AM
colts fans, do ya'll regret treating manning like an old dried up piece of shit and shipping him out of town for luck?

johnsmith
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM

:king

johnsmith
09-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Manning is so good that he matched a "fantasy" prediction that matched how many touchdowns he threw for me in Madden when I played this game.

Clipper Nation
It's not a mystery why they stopped winning - they got caught cheating the salary cap during the Elway era, and once they had to stop paying players under the table or deferring payments, they started sucking ass :lol

Bigzax

This guy predicted the 7 touchdowns 5 months ago...good job sir!

Trill Clinton
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM
:king

good call

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-06-2013, 10:48 AM
colts fans, do ya'll regret treating manning like an old dried up piece of shit and shipping him out of town for luck?

No.....

That's Funked Up
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
spurraider was wondering why the NFL board hates Avante, it's because we "don't know anything" when we talk to him.

This is like Peyton Manning trying to tell a one year old child he can't read a defense properly. Must suck to be 70+ years old and have to talk to people on the internet for fun. Either all his friends are dead or hate him, probably a healthy mixture of both, but the dead ones hated him before they passed.

He also has nowhere else to go cause he's banned almost everywhere else

Fabbs
09-06-2013, 06:37 PM

Thebesteva
09-06-2013, 07:48 PM
It's not a mystery why they stopped winning - they got caught cheating the salary cap during the Elway era, and once they had to stop paying players under the table or deferring payments, they started sucking ass :lol

They def have not been the same organization since Elway left, and Shanahan's dirty running game act was up (players complained Broncos O-line were experts at taking the knees out during a run play).

But they have a shot this year

spurraider21
09-06-2013, 07:50 PM
yep. what they billed as their incredible "zone blocking scheme" was essentially a chop-blocking scheme