PDA

View Full Version : Far-out prediction:

racm
04-20-2013, 05:43 AM
McGrady will be...

the big off the bench.

Process of elimination. Bonner sucks after game 82, Blair is too small to guard Pau, Diaw is out, Pop doesn't trust Baynes enough.

:smokin

spurraider21
04-20-2013, 05:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mLjKI968g

spursparker9
04-20-2013, 06:20 AM
I think Game 1 is the most important game. If we lost, season probably over.

racm
04-20-2013, 06:36 AM

The way I see it the Spurs don't deserve to go the distance if they lose the series after Game 1.

Three of the four championship teams lost Game 1.

spurraider21
04-20-2013, 06:52 AM

I think the last game will be the most important game tbh.

TJastal
04-20-2013, 07:03 AM
You know Pop is probably mulling over the idea in order to continue the tradition that has been so successful over the years... starting with Michael Finley back in 2008.

:Pop: Tracy has put on a few extra pounds and we can defenitely use that on our frontline. He can help spread the floor like Michael used to do for us.

chapnis
04-20-2013, 07:44 AM
I just wanna see him play, disappointing he couldn't have been signed earlier and played in some regular season games.

John B
04-20-2013, 08:50 AM
TMac could really give the much needed scoring in the second unit. I know Pop will shorten the rotation, but if TP, Timmy and Co could blow the Lakers in the first few minutes, it would give chance for our 2nd unit to get in the game. And our 2nd unit can really torch their 2nd unit give our starters some rest. With TP's worst outing the last game with the Lakers, I really expect TP to get really aggressive scoring 30+ pts. I could see it now. It would be a blown-out 1st game. Sweep!

boutons_deux
04-20-2013, 10:50 AM

lose game1 or 2, series over.

Sean Cagney
04-20-2013, 11:43 AM
The way I see it the Spurs don't deserve to go the distance if they lose the series after Game 1.

Three of the four championship teams lost Game 1.

Thats true, but this is not the Spurs titles teams. Some playoff teams that went on to lose in the playoffs in dissapointing series lost game one as well! It goes both ways and it's good we only choose to remember the title years! Everytime we lose a game one I say this too lol, par of the course.

cd021
04-20-2013, 03:32 PM

No. Even if we lose game won I'd still gauge our chances at 75%. They just aren't good enough to beat us 4 times.

cd98
04-20-2013, 03:37 PM
When does Diaw come back? We need him.

Brunodf
04-20-2013, 04:08 PM
:nopeSpurs always lose the game 1, games 3/4 are the most important...

Budkin
04-20-2013, 04:34 PM
No. Even if we lose game won I'd still gauge our chances at 75%. They just aren't good enough to beat us 4 times.

This.

iManu
04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Manu, Mills, Kawhi, TMac, and Timmy = Score The Ball!!!!!!! :wow

racm
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
The way I see it, if this team can't win on the road they're pretenders.

It would be nice to win Game 1 but the Spurs better take at least one of Games 3/4.

Plumblbw
04-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Didn't want to start a thread on this, but going back Racm's opening statement. I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts around the rotation tonight (or this afternoon for you Americas based guys)? Do you think Pop will keep one of TD and Splits on the floor at all times and rotate Bonner and Blair in for spot minutes? Do you think he'll just use Neal and Ginobili in the back court with T-Mac spotting Kawhi a breather at the 3? Or do we see some 3 guard line-ups with Ginobili playing the 3 for a few minutes whilst Kawhi is resting?

Brunodf
04-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Didn't want to start a thread on this, but going back Racm's opening statement. I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts around the rotation tonight (or this afternoon for you Americas based guys)? Do you think Pop will keep one of TD and Splits on the floor at all times and rotate Bonner and Blair in for spot minutes? Do you think he'll just use Neal and Ginobili in the back court with T-Mac spotting Kawhi a breather at the 3? Or do we see some 3 guard line-ups with Ginobili playing the 3 for a few minutes whilst Kawhi is resting?
The best rotation would be Starting 5+Manu/Diaw/Jack. But Jack is gone, Diaw is out.
I would play Baynes over Bonner/Blair and Kawhi 40 minutes/give 8 to T-Mac.
My 2nd unit would be Manu(PG for 10 minutes/TP plays 38)/Green/T-Mac/Splitter/Baynes

wut
04-21-2013, 06:41 AM
McGrady will only play on desperation imo....like we're down 0-2 in the series. It really sounded like Pop wasn't going to play Tmac unless he really had no other options.