PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Stop opening the playoffs with the crappy games

SpursDynasty
04-20-2013, 02:42 PM
The NBA does this year after year and it's getting old: opening day of the playoffs with the exact four match ups that no one cares about. Give us OKC/Houston at least.

Mayhem321
04-20-2013, 02:57 PM
What? Celtics/Knicks is the best series in the east, Grizzilies vs Clippers might be the best series in the first round.

KaiRMD1
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Celtics Knicks, Den - Warriors, Clippers - Grizzlies are pretty damn good match ups

irishock
04-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Grizzlies-Clippers series is overrated as fuck. Just the NBA hyping up a series between two low market teams that'll eventually lead to the Clippers winning that shit in 5-6 anyways. Is Chuck still on the Memphis bandwagon?

Mayhem321
04-20-2013, 03:13 PM
And OKC/Houston isn't a great series, tbh. It will be fun to watch but in the end we all know there's no way OKC lose more than one game.

Ghazi
04-20-2013, 03:15 PM
The only series that isn't compelling in any way is Heat-Bucks.

Every other series at least has some interestin storylines.

UNCLE-DREW
04-20-2013, 04:14 PM

We’re Gonna Win In Six. - Brandon Jennings on #BucksPlayoffs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BucksPlayoffs&src=hash)

will be a nice storyline to follow if jennings can reach 40% fgs :lmao

baseline bum
04-20-2013, 04:41 PM
BOS/NY and DEN/GS are awesome matchups.

Thread
04-20-2013, 04:43 PM
BOS/NY and DEN/GS are awesome matchups.

Bend over, bum. I'll show ya an awesome fuckin' matchup.

baseline bum
04-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Bend over, bum. I'll show ya an awesome fuckin' matchup.

Damn son, thanks for the extra quote to add to the scavenger list.

Seventyniner
04-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Wasn't 2008 Spurs/Suns game 1 the first game of the entire playoffs?

DMC
04-20-2013, 05:30 PM
The worst series by far is going to be SA/LA because both are just posing as contenders. Now that LA is in the playoffs sans Rapist, the hunt is over. Those hoping they would miss this year are left out, and those hoping SA would beat them after they didn't miss are going to be left out, but like the Grizz did a few back, the Lakers won't justify their 1st round ascension. They will lose in the 2nd. Might as well just pick someone to hate and watch them lose, like the Presidential Election of sorts.

DeadlyDynasty
04-20-2013, 05:37 PM
The worst series by far is going to be SA/LA because both are just posing as contenders. Now that LA is in the playoffs sans Rapist, the hunt is over. Those hoping they would miss this year are left out, and those hoping SA would beat them after they didn't miss are going to be left out, but like the Grizz did a few back, the Lakers won't justify their 1st round ascension. They will lose in the 2nd. Might as well just pick someone to hate and watch them lose, like the Presidential Election of sorts.
I know you're a pessimist (and one of the few realists here), but do you really see the Blake-Meeks backcourt and Howard's 37% free throw avg knocking off SA?

DMC
04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
I know you're a pessimist (and one of the few realists here), but do you really see the Blake-Meeks backcourt and Howard's 37% free throw avg knocking off SA?

Absolutely. Without Kobe's horrific 1st Team All Defense, they are a great defensive squad. The likes of Danny Green, Gary Neal, Matt Bonner, Corey Joseph (no Jax) won't have a snowball's chance in hell of putting a dent in them sans other worldly outside shooting. Tim, Tony, Tiago and Manu will have to find ways to score against Pau, Howard and Jamison. Not easy. Tony isn't at full health, nor is Manu. Tiago isn't a tested post season presence and Tim cannot do it all. Leonard will be a bright spot, but not enough of one. I see the Lakers beating the Spurs in 6. Pop will go to the intentional fouling move, but it won't work because the Spurs won't be able to capitalize on the other end, or they won't get the defensive board (or Howard shoots better than 50 percent).

Sounds crazy, but the Spurs are in a tailspin right now, no identity, and TMac doesn't even know the system and will be a turnover machine.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2013, 05:45 PM
The NBA does this year after year and it's getting old: opening day of the playoffs with the exact four match ups that no one cares about. Give us OKC/Houston at least.

I just know you're not talking about boring...the Spurs despite their success the past decade have some of the worst if not the WORST ratings in NBA history..I mean 6.1 Nilson rating in a finals that's like WWF wrestling and WNBA territory :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Absolutely. Without Kobe's horrific 1st Team All Defense, they are a great defensive squad. The likes of Danny Green, Gary Neal, Matt Bonner, Corey Joseph (no Jax) won't have a snowball's chance in hell of putting a dent in them sans other worldly outside shooting. Tim, Tony, Tiago and Manu will have to find ways to score against Pau, Howard and Jamison. Not easy. Tony isn't at full health, nor is Manu. Tiago isn't a tested post season presence and Tim cannot do it all. Leonard will be a bright spot, but not enough of one. I see the Lakers beating the Spurs in 6. Pop will go to the intentional fouling move, but it won't work because the Spurs won't be able to capitalize on the other end, or they won't get the defensive board (or Howard shoots better than 50 percent).

Sounds crazy, but the Spurs are in a tailspin right now, no identity, and TMac doesn't even know the system and will be a turnover machine.

I agree insofar that Howard's FT% will be a huge factor, but the Lakers will have major offensive problems. There's a good chance guys like Darius Morris and other scrubs could play major minutes. Pau's been playing much better since coming back, but he's still shooting an abysmal % for a big man (or has done so for long stretches during the season).

DMC
04-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I agree insofar that Howard's FT% will be a huge factor, but the Lakers will have major offensive problems. There's a good chance guys like Darius Morris and other scrubs could play major minutes. Pau's been playing much better since coming back, but he's still shooting an abysmal % for a big man (or has done so for long stretches during the season).

Pau will be fine. He'll be up against probably Splitter. It would be different if Pau was the only big on the floor for LA, but with Howard out there, Pau will get plenty of open looks from mid range and the offensive worm is bound to turn for him. Either way, his contributions on the glass and his passing is underrated, and it will be a huge factor in the series. I think Jamison and Blake will be big factors and Clark will make a comeback.

Latarian Milton
04-20-2013, 08:21 PM
i know you wanna see star players from day 1, like durant and my nigga bron but what are guaranteed to be lopsided massacres ain't gonna be as much fun to watch as those evenly-matched series imho. the very best teams ain't gonna meet as early as in the first round

Mayhem321
04-20-2013, 09:52 PM

I'm assuming you forgot the Pacers/Hawks series, but that's ok the Hawks are the most forgettable team in the league, tbh.