PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Doc Rivers Needs to be Fired

DMC
04-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Most overrated coach in NBA history other than Phil Jackson.

LkrFan
04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
PJ never lost to an 8th seed.

/fail thread

DMC
04-20-2013, 05:50 PM

/fail thread

PJ got his shit pushed in and ushered out quite properly as a defending champ by Dirk.

The mark of a great coach is his ability to coach, not in his front office's ability to acquire superstar players. Phil played Kobe too much, and he was pretty much along for the ride in Chicago who wanted to oust him a few times but MJ wasn't having it. It's about in-situ adjustments that neither coach really knows how to make. They both just had superior talent on the team and now Doc doesn't know what to do without Rajon fucking Rondo?

Thread
04-20-2013, 05:51 PM

/fail thread

LF, leavin' D...dead in the ground.

DMC
04-20-2013, 05:52 PM

Kinda like how life has left Jerry Buss.

LkrFan
04-20-2013, 05:52 PM
PJ got his shit pushed in and ushered out quite properly as a defending champ by Dirk.
They caught lightning in a bottle det year. One and done. These are things even mono knows.

-10 points for subliminally trying to troll esteemed Laker Fans everywhere with this thread.

irishock
04-20-2013, 05:54 PM
League needs to send all black coaches into exile

Thread
Kinda like how life has left Jerry Buss.

Don't try and get even, D. Just take it. You've scored some direct hits thru my tenure. But, this, D, this time LF caught ya and slapped the snot out of ya. You're okay though.

Koolaid_Man

/fail thread

and he always went back to back :hat

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2013, 05:55 PM

Doc and Phil have one thing going for them...they don't look like Pop

LkrFan
04-20-2013, 05:56 PM
:lol at DMC

LkrFan
04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
:lol

Thread
:lol at DMC

LMAO! You caught him right in the old gut.

DMC
Don't try and get even, D. Just take it. You've scored some direct hits thru my tenure. But, this, D, this time LF caught ya and slapped the snot out of ya. You're okay though.

Your judgement isn't that great, and you're a biased old fuck so your input here is taken with a grain of salt.

LkrFan
and he always went back to back :hat
^ based on a true story. :lol

Thread
04-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Your judgement isn't that great, and you're a biased old fuck so your input here is taken with a grain of salt.

As usual, you can dish it. You just can't take it.

LkrFan
04-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2013, 06:03 PM

^ which promptly caused him to shit himself

KaiRMD1
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Phil Jackson isn't overrated, he's just lucky as hell.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM

I agree that's why this Phil Jackson coached line-up is the sickest in History

Shaq - C
Rodman - PF
Pippen - SF
MJ - SG
Kobe PG

that very well could be the most unstoppable team ever assembled..so lucky? YES :lol

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:21 PM

He cannot be both the best coach in NBA history and lucky as hell at the same time. You have to credit his success to either coaching or luck. If you split it, you diminish both. What coach has be more lucky than Phil? Phil inherited a team that made it to the conference finals. He inherited MJ and Pippen. He inherited Tex Winter and the triangle offense. He then took a couple years or so off and inherited one of the wealthiest franchises in the NBA, along with the most unstoppable center since Wilt and a young superstar in Kobe Bryant, and Tex Winter with his triangle offense. He was then gifted Pau Gasol after failing to make a mark without a dominant presence in the paint, losing to the Suns in a barely above .500 season and seeing Bryant, his superstar, crying to S.A. Smith about being traded.

I'm not saying he was horrible, but he wasn't the best coach just because he had the most success as a coach just as Fisher wasn't the best PG just because he had the most success as a PG. We can allow that Horry isn't above MJ or Kobe or even Vince Carter, but he has 7 rings. Why then can't we allow that Phil isn't above Riley or Larry Brown or Pop or Sloan or Nelson even though Phil has all those rings?

AaronY
04-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Phil played Kobe too muchKkobe averaged 33 mpg their last year together, Jackson was working towards lowering his minutes.

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:24 PM
kobe averaged 33 mph their last year together, Jax was working towards lowering his minutes

that's pretty fast.

I don't mean too many minutes, I mean the offense should have gone through Shaq because no one could stop him. Instead, Kobe had to get his. I understand making the opponent respect the outside shooting of the other players, but Shaq was shooting in the 60% area if not higher, and getting 20 rebounds a game. He even complained about not getting enough touches. If Shaq gets his, he sticks around and they win even more.

Phil was a great mediator, but not a great coach. What great substitution or timeout or play did Phil ever institute that made you think "wow, what a great coach"? He didn't even call timeouts when he should because his team was head and shoulders above the rest so they would eventually catch up anyhow.

AaronY
04-20-2013, 06:26 PM
that's pretty fast.
I don't follow you, but as for just the minutes criticism I don't think it holds water. He dropped his minutes the last year and Kobe was still young for the most part when Jackson had him.

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't follow you, but as for just the minutes criticism I don't think it holds water. He dropped his minutes the last year and Kobe was still young for the most part when Jackson had him.

33mph... miles per hour

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2013, 06:28 PM
He cannot be both the best coach in NBA history and lucky as hell at the same time. You have to credit his success to either coaching or luck. If you split it, you diminish both. What coach has be more lucky than Phil? Phil inherited a team that made it to the conference finals. He inherited MJ and Pippen. He inherited Tex Winter and the triangle offense. He then took a couple years or so off and inherited one of the wealthiest franchises in the NBA, along with the most unstoppable center since Wilt and a young superstar in Kobe Bryant, and Tex Winter with his triangle offense. He was then gifted Pau Gasol after failing to make a mark without a dominant presence in the paint, losing to the Suns in a barely above .500 season and seeing Bryant, his superstar, crying to S.A. Smith about being traded.

I'm not saying he was horrible, but he wasn't the best coach just because he had the most success as a coach just as Fisher wasn't the best PG just because he had the most success as a PG. We can allow that Horry isn't above MJ or Kobe or even Vince Carter, but he has 7 rings. Why then can't we allow that Phil isn't above Riley or Larry Brown or Pop or Sloan or Nelson even though Phil has all those rings?

ohhh stop huffing and puffing because you got your ass paddled.... So what makes a good coach? and whatever your answer is to what makes a good coach how can you say that Phil didn't do it better than anyone else given the ego's he's had to manage. That alone should get him the nod.

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
ohhh stop huffing and puffing because you got your ass paddled.... So what makes a good coach? and whatever your answer is to what makes a good coach how can you say that Phil didn't do it better than anyone else given the ego's he's had to manage. That alone should get him the nod.

^irrelevant

Thread
04-20-2013, 06:30 PM
^irrelevant

You did get your ass lit, D.

tee, hee.

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:32 PM

tee, hee.
Weren't you trying to find a way out?

Notice you haven't mentioned Doc one time. Instead you and the other Post Pau alts have been red assed and piling on. The scathing truth brings out the cockroaches. Not one of you has offered a decent rebuttal.

Koolaid_Man
04-20-2013, 06:33 PM

Notice you haven't mentioned Doc one time. Instead you and the other Post Pau alts have been red assed and piling on. The scathing truth brings out the cockroaches. Not one of you has offered a decent rebuttal.

Doc has an old team...minus Rondo...plus Melo has a date with Bron...

Go Melo

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Doc has an old team...minus Rondo...plus Melo has a date with Bron...

Go Melo
The fuck. KG is no older than Duncan. Paul Pierce is no older than Manu.

You telling me Manu is better than Pierce or are you saying Tim Duncan is better than the entire Celtics team?

btw, didn't you quit already? You gave your notice.

Thread
04-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Sorehead.

DMC
04-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Sorehead.

Quitter. You and ES have that in common, but at least ES is just trollin'

Thread
04-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Quitter. You and ES have that in common, but at least ES is just trollin'

You can dish itPERIOD

venky
04-20-2013, 06:54 PM
So does any discussion actually take place or is it just trolling.

I think Doc Rivers is a good coach. Not great, but certainly not bad. He does know how to manage minutes and he's good at designing plays from an X's and O's standpoint. I know I'd love for him to coach the Lakes.

Thread
04-20-2013, 06:55 PM
I think Doc Rivers is a good coach. Not great, but certainly not bad.

You sound like "Hank Kimble." lol.

DMC
04-20-2013, 07:00 PM
You can dish itPERIOD

You're a bit sore now. That's what happens when you call the election early.

DMC
04-20-2013, 07:03 PM

I think Doc Rivers is a good coach. Not great, but certainly not bad. He does know how to manage minutes and he's good at designing plays from an X's and O's standpoint. I know I'd love for him to coach the Lakes.

Assistant coaches manage minutes, assistant coaches draw up plays. Coaches make decisions on which to use when. Doc is overrated. There's a slew of better coaches in the NBA, especially in the West.

Thebesteva
04-20-2013, 07:55 PM

Phil Jackson is overrated now?

Latarian Milton
04-20-2013, 08:27 PM
black coaches are all overrated to different extents imho. they may have a good run in a season but you never expect a nigga to achieve perennial success with your team like phil in chicago & LA, Pop in san antonio or jerry sloan in utah. it takes more than just basketball knowledge to be a successful head coach imho.

racm
04-20-2013, 08:31 PM

You have to admit "let Rondo pass up fastbreak layups to pad assists" isn't good coaching though.

DMC
04-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Phil Jackson is overrated now?

As being the best coach ever... absolutely. As being a great coach, no.

It's well known Phil has been overrated for quite some time.

On to Doc:

Thibs is a better coach.

racm
04-20-2013, 08:41 PM

top 5 coach, yes. top 3 ego motivator, yes. Xs and Os,though? Despite what upstairs say I'd still take Pop.

Phil bailed out whenever his stars grew too old or too uncoachable.

DMC
04-20-2013, 08:43 PM
top 5 coach, yes. top 3 ego motivator, yes. Xs and Os,though? Despite what upstairs say I'd still take Pop.

Phil bailed out whenever his stars grew too old or too uncoachable.

Phil cultivated a career without challenges. Big fucking deal. I don't see anyone going on about how great Sam Jones was, he has 10 rings.

Arcadian
04-20-2013, 08:44 PM
1. Ugh, this thread quickly became overrun with Laker scum who felt the need to rush in and defend Jackson. Fuck off, you rats.

2. Interesting take on Rivers - I'm not sure what to think of him personally, but why in particular do you think he should be fired?

DMC
04-20-2013, 08:46 PM
1. Ugh, this thread quickly became overrun with Laker scum who felt the need to rush in and defend Jackson. Fuck off, you rats.

2. Interesting take on Rivers - I'm not sure what to think of him personally, but why in particular do you think he should be fired?

1. He's been teetering on retiring to Orlando for a few years. That's a coach not committed to anything but getting paid.
2. He's played the painfully truthful role to the tee, but he's not played the good coach role worth a fuck. Scratchy voice and forthrightness doesn't equal good coach.
3. He's a nagger, always nagging the media.

Proxy
04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
ST seems to have expertise in calling out coaches. I guess anyone can make a case in terms of play calling, but I'm sure the assistant coaches could make up for it if that were the case. Doc seems to be respected and has the ability to motivate the team. That's more than most of the league so who do you replace him with?

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM

Rivers is a good motivator, he's not a good X's and O's guy, tbh..

He doesn't have an offensive system, Boston's offense has very little creativity, even with Rondo..Boston's entire offense with Rondo consisted of Rondo holding the ball and waiting for an illegal screen to develop in an attempt to pick up a cheap assist..

Boston's offense with Thibodeau(2007-2008 to 2009-2010): 10th, 6th, 15th..
Boston's offense post-Thibs: 18th, 27th, 24th..

Bulls' offense prior to Thibs' arrival: 27th, 15th, 26th
Bulls' offense since Thibs' arrival until Rose missing the season: 11th, 5th..

Rivers is the same coach that was nearly setting records for basketball anemia prior to Thibodeau and the Big 3's arrival in 2007-2008..

Also, for such a great motivator and leader, he did a terrible job handling Rondo and Ray Allen's feud..

racm
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Phil cultivated a career without challenges. Big fucking deal. I don't see anyone going on about how great Sam Jones was, he has 10 rings.

Everyone automatically discounts the Russell-era Celtics because the league was so small them. In that case, why not discount the second three-peat Bulls for stomping all over an expansion-diluted league?

I think like :pop: he's trying to get the most out of an aging core - and judging by how upstairs talks about him...

Arcadian
04-20-2013, 08:50 PM
1. He's been teetering on retiring to Orlando for a few years. That's a coach not committed to anything but getting paid.
2. He's played the painfully truthful role to the tee, but he's not played the good coach role worth a fuck. Scratchy voice and forthrightness doesn't equal good coach.
3. He's a nagger, always nagging the media.

Okay, so he just isn't making a positive impact? Is he hurting the team in any way?

DMC
ST seems to have expertise in calling out coaches. I guess anyone can make a case in terms of play calling, but I'm sure the assistant coaches could make up for it if that were the case. Doc seems to be respected and has the ability to motivate the team. That's more than most of the league so who do you replace him with?

It's not about who's out there, but whether or not he needs to be fired. You don't hire someone before you fire him anyhow. His assistants could do just fine. Imagine he quits a couple years back and Thibs takes over.

DMC
Okay, so he just isn't making a positive impact? Is he hurting the team in any way?

No but neither is the mascot.

racm
04-20-2013, 08:53 PM

He doesn't have an offensive system, Boston's offense has very little creativity, even with Rondo..

Rivers is the same coach that was nearly setting records for basketball anemia prior to Thibodeau and the Big 3's arrival in 2007-2008..

Instead of letting their Big 3 move the ball and use the fact that they were all Hall of Fame talent, Rivers just let Rondo stat-pad for assists.

He may have led in assists, but the Celtics live and die by jump shots... to no one's surprise their offense actually became slightly more tenable when Pierce was allowed to facilitate AND score.

Arcadian
04-20-2013, 08:54 PM
No but neither is the mascot.

It's funny. One could argue that NBA coaches are little more than mascots. They can only do so much, etc.

I mean, I find it incredibly difficult to judge coaching, especially in pro sports. There are so many factors involved with a team's success, how do you isolate the variables attributable to coaching? This is evident by the wide disagreements about coaches; one guy will say Pop is the greatest coach of all time, and the next guy will say he's a terrible coach. Most likely they are both wrong, but how could you prove it either way?

Latarian Milton
04-20-2013, 08:55 PM
motivation ain't the only element a successful coach needs to have imho. being black yourself you can be a big brother of a band of niggas but that's not the right way to long-term success in NBA imho

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
As for a replacement, the NBA has a serious issue with coaching, tbh..

The NBA coaching circle is a perpetual cycle of ineptitude..they continue to recycle shitty coaches that failed during their previous stints..teams need to explore the availability of coaches that are not experienced NBA guys, rather than signing shitty coaches like Byron Scott, Mike Brown and Vinny Del Negro..

DMC
04-20-2013, 09:02 PM
It's funny. One could argue that NBA coaches are little more than mascots. They can only do so much, etc.

Could Doc Rivers coach the Spurs to the best record in the West?
Could Doc Rivers take the Heat to the wire without his big 3?
Could Doc Rivers make good players out of players like Danny Green and Gary Neal?
Could Doc Rivers ever win a game with Bonner and Blair on the floor at the same time?

I mean, I find it incredibly difficult to judge coaching, especially in pro sports. There are so many factors involved with a team's success, how do you isolate the variables attributable to coaching? This is evident by the wide disagreements about coaches; one guy will say Pop is the greatest coach of all time, and the next guy will say he's a terrible coach. Most likely they are both wrong, but how could you prove it either way?
Quite easily. You take someone like Lawrence Frank who couldn't coach little league softball and you pit him against a Pat Riley, Larry Brown, Jerry Sloan or Pop (and a few others). Who wins if the talent levels on the teams are similar? Which would you take if you had your pick for a new team and why?

Mike D, for example, runs the fuck out of his team. He plays them too many minutes. He doesn't preach defense and doesn't grant minutes based on defensive effort. Mike Brown doesn't run an efficient offense, doesn't take control of the team, doesn't portray himself as a leader to the team, begs for respect, whines like a bitch (as does Mike D). Then you take a George Karl, Nellie or Pop type coach who acts as a manager to his team, has their trust, doesn't shit on them to the media individually, understands the game and knows where to put his resources and when. Understands how to run plays out of the timeout and when to use a time out. Knows how to close and has great time management knowledge. No way you take Mike D over those guys.

Doc runs the score up, played his big 3 up 40 with 2 minutes left in the 4th. He's not a good coach.

DMC
04-20-2013, 09:05 PM
As for a replacement, the NBA has a serious issue with coaching, tbh..

The NBA coaching circle is a perpetual cycle of ineptitude..they continue to recycle shitty coaches that failed during their previous stints..teams need to explore the availability of coaches that are not experienced NBA guys, rather than signing shitty coaches like Byron Scott, Mike Brown and Vinny Del Negro..

And Lawrence Frank and Avery Johnson and Mike D'Antoni and on and on.

Proxy
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
It's not about who's out there, but whether or not he needs to be fired. You don't hire someone before you fire him anyhow. His assistants could do just fine. Imagine he quits a couple years back and Thibs takes over.

that's what... one 60 win season after their championship? I mean, hypothetically Thibs does great with Boston because he's a great coach and his style fits with Boston's culture and players, but I just don't see the reasoning in getting Doc out.

Thebesteva
04-20-2013, 09:08 PM

It's well known Phil has been overrated for quite some time.

On to Doc:

Thibs is a better coach.

I agree he's unique in the sense he needs enormous talent to win titles but the more I watch basketball the more you see that most coaches with enormous talents crumble under pressure. Just take a look at D'antoni right now, you can bet the Lakers would be much better and with MINIMAL injuries if PJ was coach right now. 11 rings to back that argument up.

DMC
04-20-2013, 09:09 PM
that's what... one 60 win season after their championship? I mean, hypothetically Thibs does great with Boston because his style fits with Boston's culture and players, but I just don't see the reasoning in getting Doc out.

Unless they want to remain a mediocre team until Garnett dies or retires, fine. They have talent they just don't explore. Of course you don't see the reason, the reason(s) never get an opportunity to present themselves. Good coaches explore the roster, find gems in the pile, they don't just play the recently hired guns 40 minutes a game while ignoring the talent on the bench. Anyone can win with a stacked team (most anyone, Mike D might be an exception), but a good coach can develop players. After all, what's the use in getting young upstarts if they aren't developed?

lefty
04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Larry Brown is the GOAT imo

DMC
04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree he's unique in the sense he needs enormous talent to win titles but the more I watch basketball the more you see that most coaches with enormous talents crumble under pressure. Just take a look at D'antoni right now, you can bet the Lakers would be much better and with MINIMAL injuries if PJ was coach right now. 11 rings to back that argument up.

PJ was coach when Dirk ushered him out. They had Bynum, Pau and Kobe (with both tendons intact). Bynum can shoot FTs. That same team won b2b rings.

Phil lost their ears. He also quit after '10 imo. He pretty much just gave up and sat there like a bump on a log.

DMC
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Larry Brown is the GOAT imo

I agree, not knowing much about Red, LB was a great coach, but not much for tenure.

venky
04-20-2013, 09:24 PM

He doesn't have an offensive system, Boston's offense has very little creativity, even with Rondo..Boston's entire offense with Rondo consisted of Rondo holding the ball and waiting for an illegal screen to develop in an attempt to pick up a cheap assist..

Also, for such a great motivator and leader, he did a terrible job handling Rondo and Ray Allen's feud..

I do think Rivers needed Thibodeau more than Thibodeau needed Rivers.

But I don't necessarily agree about Rivers when it comes to offense. I think he's good at designing plays out of the timeout.

He's also very good at adjustments. I think it was last year where they gave up the least amount of points in the 3rd quarter.

DMC
04-20-2013, 09:28 PM
I do think Rivers needed Thibodeau more than Thibodeau needed Rivers.

But I don't necessarily agree about Rivers when it comes to offense. I think he's good at designing plays out of the timeout.

He's also very good at adjustments. I think it was last year where they gave up the least amount of points in the 3rd quarter.

That can be a misleading stat. Teams that are up by 20+ at the half often put in end of bench players in the 3rd who don't do a lot on offense, then go back to their starters to start the 4th if the lead is trimmed significantly.

Proxy
04-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Unless they want to remain a mediocre team until Garnett dies or retires, fine. They have talent they just don't explore. Of course you don't see the reason, the reason(s) never get an opportunity to present themselves. Good coaches explore the roster, find gems in the pile, they don't just play the recently hired guns 40 minutes a game while ignoring the talent on the bench. Anyone can win with a stacked team (most anyone, Mike D might be an exception), but a good coach can develop players. After all, what's the use in getting young upstarts if they aren't developed?

I agree with developing players... maybe the larger markets having money for FAs plays part in that. Even Boston's reemergence in this era was result of an off-season.

Arcadian
04-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Could Doc Rivers coach the Spurs to the best record in the West?
Could Doc Rivers take the Heat to the wire without his big 3?
Could Doc Rivers make good players out of players like Danny Green and Gary Neal?
Could Doc Rivers ever win a game with Bonner and Blair on the floor at the same time?
Which would you take if you had your pick for a new team and why?

I don't know. Those are all hypothetical. What if it's all arbitrary?

Just playing devil's advocate, you see. I don't really think coaching is arbitrary, but I think coaching success is often conflated with player/team success - which in turn muddies the perceptual water, making it hard to know which ones are really superior.

Kulo
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM

That is such a horrible analogy, Thibs' was our defensive coach not offense and our increase of offensive struggle were due to aging on PP KG and Ray. Chicago's increase was purely the rise of Derrick Rose, they are ranked 25th this year.
I agree that Doc is overrated but our offensive struggles isn't because Thibs' left us.

Thebesteva
04-20-2013, 10:37 PM
PJ was coach when Dirk ushered him out. They had Bynum, Pau and Kobe (with both tendons intact). Bynum can shoot FTs. That same team won b2b rings.

Phil lost their ears. He also quit after '10 imo. He pretty much just gave up and sat there like a bump on a log.

I understand what you are saying, but the guy could take any ELITE team and win titles. Now, the legit knock on Phil is he is no Larry Brown, he can't build a team from the bottom up and take them to win it all. PJ is also the man who would tool with IMO the second greatest coach of this era aka yours truly Popo.

rayjayjohnson
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM

tee, hee.
...and you got run out of town

Thread
04-21-2013, 12:14 AM
...and you got run out of town

& then most of the mob that ran me out of town came after me begging me to return. "Oh, Cubby, we miss you." Oh, Cubby, come back soon." Oh, Cubby, kiss my mouth." "Oh, Cubby, you're sorely missed. The place is dead without you. We made a greivous mistake and our black asses are sorry, uh, master." - rayray

rayjayjohnson
04-21-2013, 12:35 AM
& then most of the mob that ran me out of town came after me begging me to return. "Oh, Cubby, we miss you." Oh, Cubby, come back soon." Oh, Cubby, kiss my mouth." "Oh, Cubby, you're sorely missed. The place is dead without you. We made a greivous mistake and our black asses are sorry, uh, master." - rayray
I'm sorry, I can't hear you yelling from way out of town

Thread
04-21-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry

You're forgiven.

LnGrrrR
04-21-2013, 06:54 AM

The mark of a great coach is his ability to coach, not in his front office's ability to acquire superstar players. Phil played Kobe too much, and he was pretty much along for the ride in Chicago who wanted to oust him a few times but MJ wasn't having it. It's about in-situ adjustments that neither coach really knows how to make. They both just had superior talent on the team and now Doc doesn't know what to do without Rajon fucking Rondo?

Doc's biggest problem is that he doesn't trust young guys. Also, it's not just the loss of Rondo, but Sullinger as well.

That said, if the Cs make their shots at all in the fourth, we would have stole Game 1.

StrengthAndHonor
04-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Man I tell you, there's nothing more amusing than an armchair coach.

I love how they theorize without the benefit of practical experience. This DMC guy loves to talk about things he doesn't understand.

Thread
04-21-2013, 08:21 AM
That said, if the Cs make their shots at all in the fourth, we would have stole Game 1.

& if your aunt had balls she'd be rayray.

Thread
04-21-2013, 08:22 AM

I love how they theorize without the benefit of practical experience. This DMC guy loves to talk about things he doesn't understand.

Please, don't get him goin' again.

StrengthAndHonor
04-21-2013, 08:41 AM
^^^I thought DMC was a decent poster, but lately his stuff is just aweful. Like 1/10 awefule, 3/10 on a good day. He's dipping into Iris Shock territory.

Thread
04-21-2013, 08:51 AM
^^^I thought DMC was a decent poster, but lately his stuff is just aweful. Like 1/10 awefule, 3/10 on a good day. He's dipping into Iris Shock territory.

I know. He's incorrigible of late. Christ, I wish he'd a take nap or enema. Something to refresh his brain.

Trill Clinton
04-21-2013, 09:10 AM

first they love you, then they hate you, then they love you again- Jay-z

LnGrrrR
04-21-2013, 09:36 AM
& if your aunt had balls she'd be rayray.

Doubtful... Rayray doesn't have the accent.

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2013, 10:08 AM
doc should sign his son to play for the celtics.....

Thread
04-21-2013, 10:16 AM
He's juiced in & you know what else? He knows it. He's livin' the life. It'd take like both of those devices at the Boston Marathon to get him out.

Thread
04-21-2013, 10:17 AM
^& Media was pullin' hard for Green yesterday. But, it was the Knicks across the way, so, they couldn't pull too hard. Now if that was Milwaukee or Indiana?

Good Lord.

StrengthAndHonor
04-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I know. He's incorrigible of late. Christ, I wish he'd a take nap or enema. Something to refresh his brain.

DMC
04-21-2013, 11:29 AM

The bane of this forum at least as long as I can recall has been the naive grey name who comes along and steps into the snare laid for others. They do it incessantly with Dickings' posts and with many other obvious trolls. HH caught on right away and went with it, but the grey horde comes in and starts with the crying and cock sucking and it drowns out the wailing of the intended target.

Thread
04-21-2013, 11:40 AM
The bane of this forum at least as long as I can recall has been the naive grey name who comes along and steps into the snare laid for others. They do it incessantly with Dickings' posts and with many other obvious trolls. HH caught on right away and went with it, but the grey horde comes in and starts with the crying and cock sucking and it drowns out the wailing of the intended target.

Shit,,,crabass is up & at 'em.

DMC
04-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Shit,,,crabass is up & at 'em.

lol I took your cookie via the en passant and uncovered the check at the same time.

Thread
04-21-2013, 11:48 AM
lol I took your cookie via the en passant and uncovered the check at the same time.

Sure ya did, Chief.

DMC
04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Sure ya did, Chief.

Not that you're a hard nut to crack, you've been beaten like Rhianna here lately, dragged pillar to post.

Thread
04-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Not that you're a hard nut to crack, you've been beaten like Rhianna here lately, dragged pillar to post.

Only since ya all begged me to come back.

DMC
04-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Only since ya all begged me to come back.

Wasn't me, but you've been poked and prodded at with rarely any intention to converse with you. Maybe takes like Beasley and Fortify and such as are the reason no one talks shop with ya. I'm still here though, we can break bread and sup.

Thread
04-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Wasn't me, but you've been poked and prodded at with rarely any intention to converse with you. Maybe takes like Beasley and Fortify and such as are the reason no one talks shop with ya. I'm still here though, we can break bread and sup.

I know, I know. Nobody did.

{rollin' eyes}

DMC
04-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I know, I know. Nobody did.

{rollin' eyes}

The thread is readily accessible. Start a new list. Let's be pals.

dunkman
04-21-2013, 03:34 PM
MJ, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe and Gasol won 0 combined 'ships before playing for Phil.

DMC
04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Lebron won 0 ships before playing for Spo

lefty
04-22-2013, 12:38 AM
The next Celtics coach

(that was from game 1 vs NYK)

http://i.imgur.com/Qy64w8d.jpg

spurraider21
04-22-2013, 04:19 AM
Larry Brown got the frickin Bobcats into the playoffs

jag
04-22-2013, 07:59 AM
I've never seen a coach more worthless and have less of an impact on his team than Paul Westphal with the Kings.

I once sat directly behind the Kings' bench (during a game against the Hawks) and watched first-hand how completely worthless Westphal was. He might as well have been a towel boy. It was one of the most incredible coaching displays I've ever seen. Worse than anything I ever saw in NO during Byron Scott's reign.

I was about five feet from a Kings' huddle (during a timeout) and watched as Jason Thompson said to DeMarcus Cousins, "You need to get your fatass back on defense." Cousins responded with, "yeah, well f*ck you." Thompson said, "no, f*ck you." This continued for the remainder of the timeout. Westphal stood there silently holding his clipboard with the play he had drawn up. He didn't say a word, and as soon as the timeout was over the players who wanted to play went out on the floor. The players who didn't feel like it (Cousins) went to the bench. It was a tie game in the 4th quarter. That was probably the most discussion that took place during any timeout of the game; they usually just stood around while Westphal asked if anyone was tired.

Thread
04-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I've never seen a coach more worthless and have less of an impact on his team than Paul Westphal with the Kings.

I once sat directly behind the Kings' bench (during a game against the Hawks) and watched first-hand how completely worthless Westphal was. He might as well have been a towel boy. It was one of the most incredible coaching displays I've ever seen.

Though he did drag Barkley kickin' & screamin' to it in '93. Barkley though wouldn't listen. And I was able to keep Owen alive.

tee, hee.

dunkman
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Lebron won 0 ships before playing for Spo

Didn't Spo's reserves beat the Spurs? The Heat played great defense in their '12 run, without defensive presence in the paint. They also get easy baskets on offense.