PDA

View Full Version : In Honor of the Playoffs: Timmy's First Playoff Game

BatManu20
04-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Timmy dominating the Suns at the ripe age of 23. His first playoff game ever. Enjoy. :toast

FB7XD8km7L0

:flag:

And a bonus, Duncan dropping 40 on the Lakers in the '01 playoffs.

apxGLs_42nc

milkyway21
04-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Rookie of the Year well deserved

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
So awesome to see the commentators so excited for Duncan. They knew we had the next generation superstar.

spursfan09
04-21-2013, 12:36 PM
:lol "Go to work young fella!"
Sounds funny now

Great vid! Thanks for posting.

BillMc
04-21-2013, 01:37 PM
FanTASTIC!

BatManu20
04-22-2013, 02:03 AM
So awesome to see the commentators so excited for Duncan. They knew we had the next generation superstar.

Yep. You knew he was special as soon as he came into the league. Just glad we got him.

Kuestmaster
04-22-2013, 02:10 AM
He was, still is, so amazing. But is kind of sad seeing how his knees don't let him make that moves play after play anymore. And still he's outplaying players way younger than him. GOAT.

dylankerouac
04-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Timmy!!!!!!!!!

FkLA
04-22-2013, 05:25 AM
But is kind of sad seeing how his knees don't let him make that moves play after play anymore.

Yeah, my favorite Timmy move disappeared years ago because of his knees. I always thought the baseline spin move he used to pull off was sick. :depressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-H416OnHdw

0:55-1:20

FkLA
04-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Watching young Timmy really is sad tbh. I might cry when he and Manu retire. :cry

100%duncan
04-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Damn was he on fire that night.

Leetonidas
04-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Imagine if he had played decently in the first half also? Nigga still ended up with 32 points in his first PO game against a young McDyess

SpurSpurSpurs
04-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I will definitely miss Tim. Cherishing now every moment he's playing on the court! I just hope I can watch him play live before he retires. Or maybe, to be realistic, hope he wins another ring!

Drachen
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I was just finishing high school when that game was played. The crazy thing is that he is still putting up a very close approximation of that type of performance today.

ffadicted
04-22-2013, 09:47 AM
:( So sad to think it's coming to an end in the next couple years. Enjoy it while you still can everyone!

ambchang
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Timmy's game totally changed since he was a younger player. He was much quicker/athletic back in the day, and had great fundamentals, but his game evolved and he can see the floor better nowadays, utilizes his teammates better, and uses spacing and angles on the floor much better.

People talk about Duncan being consistent over the years like he has been playing the same way throughout, but that's not the case. He actually maintained/improved upon his production by playing a very different brand of game, and that makes Duncan that much more amazing.

Phenomanul
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Timmy's game totally changed since he was a younger player. He was much quicker/athletic back in the day, and had great fundamentals, but his game evolved and he can see the floor better nowadays, utilizes his teammates better, and uses spacing and angles on the floor much better.

People talk about Duncan being consistent over the years like he has been playing the same way throughout, but that's not the case. He actually maintained/improved upon his production by playing a very different brand of game, and that makes Duncan that much more amazing.

^This

BatManu20
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
I was just finishing high school when that game was played. The crazy thing is that he is still putting up a very close approximation of that type of performance today.

And doing without being able to rely on athleticism.. that's what's most impressive to me. He relies on skill, touch, and fundamentals to beat you these days. And still averaging 2.7 blocks a game. Guy is just one of the all-time greats.

Cane
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Almost makes you feel sorry for the Suns

Almost

Johnny RIngo
04-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, my favorite Timmy move disappeared years ago because of his knees. I always thought the baseline spin move he used to pull off was sick. :depressed

Actually, I saw him do something similar against the Jazz this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXMWS0bsnP0

1:48-1:54

BatManu20
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Actually, I saw him do something similar against the Jazz this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXMWS0bsnP0

1:48-1:54

He show flashes from time to time but nothing like he used to.

Spur-Addict
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Everytime something good happens, or someone does a flashback, or even if there's some sort of criticsm you know some asshole is going to come in and say "Enjoy it while it lasts", or "Be grateful", or "I'm sad that this will eventually end". To me it takes away from the moment, it doesn't add this emotional appreciation that it's intended to drum up. That is already present. In fact, it's very annoying. "Oh man, that shot was so amazing. It's too bad this will be all over soon". "That pass by Manu makes me think of 2005, he's going to retire soon so we should really appreciate this. That thunderous jam by Timmy. It's too bad he isn't 27 anymore, he'll be gone soon." REALLY??? Do you think anyone is enthusiastic about being reminded of the rebuilding stage that is inevitable? Do everyone a favor and :stfu

Dro210
04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
What a stud... bet that guys gonna be pretty good some day

dbreiden83080
04-23-2013, 12:40 PM
He was, still is, so amazing. But is kind of sad seeing how his knees don't let him make that moves play after play anymore. And still he's outplaying players way younger than him. GOAT.

Yeah but at his age nobody that has ever played has the same arsenal. In fact Tim is ahead of most other all-time greats that were done or almost done by age 37. Ewing for example could barely move at the same age. You can still be a great player in your mid to late 30's but you kind of have to pick your spots more..

dbreiden83080
04-23-2013, 12:44 PM

In 1999 he was great by 2003 he was insane in all areas where the mind truly met the physical.. His mind for the game is what has kept him ahead of the curve as his body has betrayed him more..

Arcadian
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
I think he was 21 for his first playoff game, not 23.

baseline bum
04-23-2013, 01:41 PM
And a bonus, Duncan dropping 40 on the Lakers in the '01 playoffs.

apxGLs_42nc

Starting backcourt of Terry Porter and Antonio Daniels? :vomit:

And then Ferry at the SF

Old School 44
04-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Who did the announcing on the Spurs/Phoenix game? I believe that was Kevin Harlan doing the play-by-play. I can't figure out who the other guy was? Sounds a little like Mark Jackson, but I believe Mark was still playing at that time.