PDA

View Full Version : Lakers will hide Nash on Danny Green

ElNono
04-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Blake will cover Tony... how do you make Nash work on D?

Chinook
04-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Blake will cover Tony... how do you make Nash work on D?

1-Are the Lakers going to do a two-point lineup?

2-Green has to use his size against Nash. Post-ups and put-backs would be nice. Really, so long as Green is aggressive shooting, Nash has to guard him. If Danny is hitting threes, who cares if he's tiring Nash out?

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Nash is prone to foolishly and needlessly over-helping, tbh, so Green should still get open looks from range..

I expect Danny to have plenty of cutting opportunities as well, hopefully he finishes well at the rim..the Spurs shouldn't run any ISO or post plays for him, even with the mismatch, it's not his game..

Floyd Pacquiao
04-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Run off the ball, find the open space, shit load of cuts....

timvp
04-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Run Green off of picks constantly. Let Green run pick-and-rolls with Duncan at times, too.

Chinook
04-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Nash is prone to foolishly and needlessly over-helping, tbh, so Green should still get open looks from range..

I expect Danny to have plenty of cutting opportunities as well, hopefully he finishes well at the rim..the Spurs shouldn't run any ISO or post plays for him, even with the mismatch, it's not his game..

I agree with all that. I do think it'd serve Green well to learn how to post-up, though. He'll be guarded by a lot of smaller players for most of his career. Now, he just needs to keep Nash honest.

Mugen
04-21-2013, 01:42 PM
I like that matchup tbh. forces nash to run side 2 side and Green crash the boards if needed.

Chinook
04-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Run Green off of picks constantly. Let Green run pick-and-rolls with Duncan at times, too.

Very true; that is a surprisingly effective play, because Duncan can pop out to shoot the mid-range shot and not make Green attempt a risky pass.

Splits
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Nash is so slow laterally, the idea of Green running PnR is great in theory. But I don't trust Danny with the ball enough to recommend that strategy...

Brunodf
04-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Put Jack in for Green, oh wait...

cd021
04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Put Jack in for Green, oh wait...

A Parker, Mcgrady, Leonard, Duncan & Splitter would force the Lakers to pick between using Nash or Blake. That hurts their permiter attack considering they are both good shooters and the Lakers aren't great shooting the ball from deep.

freetiago
04-21-2013, 02:17 PM
should be starting Manu for this exact reason tbh...

The Whopper
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
That reverse layup by Nash may be the funniest damn thing I've seen by a hall of fame player.