PDA

View Full Version : celebrity DUI/DWI thread

Blake
04-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Published: 04/21/2013 03:27pm

Legendary broadcaster Al Michaels, who has*delivered some of the most memorable calls in recent sports history, was arrested Friday night and spent five hours in Santa Monica (Calif.) City Jail, charged with driving under the influence.

Michaels, play-by-play announcer for NBC's*Sunday Night Football, went through a DUI/driver's license checkpoint that had been set up by the Santa Monica Police Department. According to its website, officers were looking for signs of alcohol and/or drug impairment, with penalties ranging from jail time, license suspension, DUI classes and fines.

According to the*Daily News*of Los Angeles, Michaels was stopped Friday at about 10 p.m. PT, and, by various media outlets, including CNN, was said to be extremely cooperative with police.Santa Monica police Sgt. William Heric told the*Daily News*that Michaels was "evaluated for suspicion of DUI" and that a breathalyzer test came out at .08, right at the legal limit."

So he was released on a citation at about 3 or 4 in the morning," Heric told the Daily News.........................

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2100767

The Reckoning
04-21-2013, 03:19 PM
lol two drinks. poor guy.

InRareForm
04-21-2013, 06:17 PM
.08 wow :lol

he should have refused to buy time, and it would have been well under .08 at the station.

Latarian Milton
04-21-2013, 07:06 PM
or he should've drunk some more water and it would've put him under 0.8 too imho

Blake
04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Or waited to drive.

KoolAid Mans Brother
04-21-2013, 07:50 PM
If he had been pulled over in San Antonio they probably would have said he blew a .4

Trainwreck2100
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
those bullshit checkpoints aint legal in sa

DJR210
04-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Give the lightweight a chance, god damn.

Blake
04-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Reese wasn't dwi, but I'm sure she had had her share of alky.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actress Reese Witherspoon was arrested in Atlanta for alleged disorderly conduct after her husband, talent agent James Toth, was stopped by police on suspicion of drunken driving, online Hollywood magazine Variety reported on Sunday.

Witherspoon, 37, was arrested early on Friday after she quarreled with officers who had taken Toth, 42, into custody during a traffic stop of the couple on Peachtree Street, Variety said, citing an Atlanta police report.Toth, who was behind the wheel, was pulled over when he crossed a double line on the road, Variety said, citing the police report. Appearing disheveled and smelling of alcohol, he then failed a blood-alcohol breath test administered at the scene, according to the report.

Witherspoon was warned to stay inside the vehicle, but after her husband's arrest, she got out of the automobile and said, "she was a 'U.S. citizen' and that she had the right to 'stand on American ground,'" according to Variety.

Witherspoon herself was then arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct.

The magazine, citing the arresting police officer's account in the report, said: "Mrs. Witherspoon asked, 'Do you know my name?' I answered, 'No, I don't need to know your name.' I then added, 'right now.' Mrs. Witherspoon stated, 'You're about to find out who I am.'"

'.................

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE93K0GK20130422?irpc=932

She attended Harvard Law in Legally Blonde. Surely that means she is right and the cops are wrong.

Spur-Addict
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Some of the quotes from Witherspoon.

BITCH.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Not the type of personality I pictured from Reese.

Blake
08-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Smh Coach Bud

Atlanta Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer was arrested by the Georgia State Patrol overnight and charged with driving under the influence.A trooper stopped Budenholzer for having no tail lights, according to the State Patrol. The trooper detected an odor of alcohol, administered a field sobriety test, then placed Budenholzer under arrest.Budenholzer refused a breath test, a State Patrol spokesman said.A spokesman for the Atlanta City Jail told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Budenholzer, 44, was charged with DUI and a tail light violation, and was released on $1,524 bond at 3:45 a.m. Thursday.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/atlanta-hawks-head-coach-arrested-for-dui/nZgDq/

InRareForm
08-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Lamar odom