PDA

View Full Version : dont ever doubt Manu Ginobili

emanueldavidginobili
04-21-2013, 05:23 PM
That is all I can say I knew he would come through he is literally one of a kind.

Legacy
04-21-2013, 05:35 PM
I never ever doubt Manu. I respect him so much. Not just as a basketball/NBA Champ, but as a human-being. He is truly something special. I just get really, really sad because he's getting older and so close to retiring. :cry

ElNono
04-21-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm gonna doubt him, tbh

Juggity
04-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm not yet convinced he can make it through the playoffs without hurting himself

Stabula
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
After the horrible season he just had he hasn't proved shit yet.

Marco
04-21-2013, 06:00 PM
He's the ultimate competitor, you can't ask for much more.

BatManu20
04-21-2013, 06:03 PM
I've been saying it all season while people were bashing Manu.. He's a gamer. He turns it up to another level in the playoffs. The bigger the game, the better he plays, same as it's always been.

TheGoldStandard
04-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Played within himself and kept the mental mistakes to a minimum, can only think of that behind the back pass to himself in transition. Glad he stepped up because Parker was way too inconsistent.

Brunodf
04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
:nopeNever
I've said it before, Spurs isn't going anywhere without Manu.

Richie
04-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I'd never doubt his mind, and his will to win. His body is what is letting him down, and if you don't have doubts over that you're a fool.

Father time is undefeated.

KL2
04-21-2013, 06:12 PM
You do realize he's being guarded by Meeks and... who was guarding him? It's too early to tell how well he's playing until he actually goes up against a legit defender, he did look good against Meeks though. Seems like the injury actually helped him somewhat lol, he's not going all crazy out there running around trying to do too much, he's playing controlled and calm.

cheguevara
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM
You do realize he's being guarded by Meeks and... who was guarding him? It's too early to tell how well he's playing until he actually goes up against a legit defender, he did look good against Meeks though. Seems like the injury actually helped him somewhat lol, he's not going all crazy out there running around trying to do too much, he's playing controlled and calm.

:lmao

DarrinS
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Meh, Manu haters can go f*ck themselves

Arcadian
04-21-2013, 06:36 PM
There are many times when he's doubtable.

DarrinS
04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
They are a much worse team without him -- and I'm pretty sure this can be backed up w numbers

100%duncan
04-21-2013, 11:13 PM

Fuck you.

DapDaGenius
04-22-2013, 01:04 AM
LOL Manu fanboys getting happy way too soon.

Lets at least wait until the next game to see how he plays.

vander
04-22-2013, 01:07 AM
in what context? being good for one game in the playoffs? yeah good call, to the best of my memory there has always been at least one game in the playoffs where he was good

Johnny RIngo
04-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Ginobili looked very good. Best I've seen him play...in months. Fantastic effort considering the low expectations. Parker had 18 pts but he didn't look very good physically. Very concerning for the Spurs. Hopefully they sweep LA and try to get Parker more rest time - he definitely needs it.

Sean Cagney
04-22-2013, 01:25 AM
GOOD LORD Spurs fans are so game to game it's rediculous! If he has a bad game next game out they will just talk shit about him being done etc. Just relax and let him play. If he keeps it up great, huge bonus.
Ginobili looked very good. Best I've seen him play...in months. Fantastic effort considering the low expectations. Parker had 18 pts but he didn't look very good physically. Very concerning for the Spurs. Hopefully they sweep LA and try to get Parker more rest time - he definitely needs it.

Parker is our biggest concern right now, no doubt.

CitizenDwayne
04-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Part of Manu's game is frightening inconsistency, as well as injury issues.

It's pretty obvious, though, that, just like Timmy, Manu is truly one of a kind. Enjoy it while you can.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Manu ain't going to save the bacon every game... but enjoy while he still can do it here and there... It isn't news we need all hands on deck right now...

Legacy
04-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Fuck you.

What he said; dickbag with a capital D.

Legacy
04-22-2013, 07:19 AM

LMAO. Lets just enjoy the HERE and the NOW. Looks like we're going to have to do just that with the plate we have set before us. Right NOW.

100%duncan
04-22-2013, 07:24 AM
People just don't know how to appreciate fwiw.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2013, 07:57 AM

Horrible and injury ridden season are two completely different things, guy.

Stabula
04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Horrible and injury ridden season are two completely different things, guy. Doesn't matter what the source of the problem is, what matters is that the problem is there and has been there all season. One game with limited minutes has proven very little.

spurraider21
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
There are many times when he's doubtable.

if you've been following over the years, you should know that every time you think manu can't, he does

ElNono
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Doesn't matter what the source of the problem is, what matters is that the problem is there and has been there all season. One game with limited minutes has proven very little.

Meh, he didn't have a great season by his own standards, but he still pretty much tied Kawhi as third leading scorer in a 57 win team. His role just isn't to score 20 a night anymore, just get everyone involved.

Embedded
04-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Like I said, I would rather lose with Mr. Ginobili on my team than win without him. He is a true warrior.

Drachen
04-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I love manu and hope that he consistently produces this playoffs, but we could just as easily create a thread entitled "don't ever doubt Matt Bonner"

T Park
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Meh, he didn't have a great season by his own standards, but he still pretty much tied Kawhi as third leading scorer in a 57 win team. His role just isn't to score 20 a night anymore, just get everyone involved.

True to a point. I thought the offense moved better with him in the game, the offense again bogged down and it was more one pass and shoot which has killed them lately.
When Ginobili comes in, hes able to draw almost a little more attention than others to the point where when he moves the ball the offense loosens up.
All that said, this is a 20 point route if Duncan and Leonard make their open shots that they usually make.

emanueldavidginobili
04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
in what context? being good for one game in the playoffs? yeah good call, to the best of my memory there has always been at least one game in the playoffs where he was good

As in this is a great sign, I mean he is just coming off of a torn hamstring missed 9 straight games before playing 12 minutes in a meaningless game and comes in a pivotal game 1 of the playoffs and made a big impact.

spurraider21
04-22-2013, 12:59 PM

this. funny how our bench suddenly looked cohesive and put up 40 points once Manu returned

ElNono
04-22-2013, 01:01 PM
For contrast, Kobe had a 'great season'... how's that working out for him in the playoffs? Injuries suck, but they're part of the game. Let's just hope everyone stays healthy for us during the big dance.

Phenomanul
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
For contrast, Kobe had a 'great season'... how's that working out for him in the playoffs? Injuries suck, but they're part of the game. Let's just hope everyone stays healthy for us during the big dance.

^This

rascal
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM

I expect inconsistent play from Manu.

rascal
04-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Did he ever average 20 in an NBA season?

emanueldavidginobili
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM

07/08 19.5 so yeah he did

Big Empty
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Manu Ginobili is the closest thing to the second coming of Christ. He was dead during the regular season. But he is risen. rejoice.

moisaenz
04-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Will Manu be able to get a 30 point game this series? If he can, I hope he does not have to.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 03:07 PM

In the playoffs he did multiple times:

04-05: 20.8
10-11: 20.6

Last season's playoffs he averaged 18ppg after averaging 12.9ppg during the regular season.

But his game has been changing from scorer to assist man. Especially since Tony has been scoring more.

Wildcat67
04-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Played within himself and kept the mental mistakes to a minimum, can only think of that behind the back pass to himself in transition. Glad he stepped up because Parker was way too inconsistent.

I thought that was a foul. MWP prevented him from continuing on to catch up to his own dribble. That was a big 5 point swing if I remember.

Wildcat67
04-22-2013, 03:37 PM
I love manu and hope that he consistently produces this playoffs, but we could just as easily create a thread entitled "don't ever doubt Matt Bonner"

Except for a little thing called history.

Bruno
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Last season's playoffs he averaged 18ppg

Not really. He averaged 14.4ppg.

Bruno
04-22-2013, 03:39 PM
And this thread is way premature.

Drachen
04-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Except for a little thing called history.

Exactly, recent history shows that Manu is pretty injury prone.

I really really hope that he can put up an injury and "contusion" free playoffs. It will go a long way to helping us have a chance. However, one good game isn't enough to erase history.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Not really. He averaged 14.4ppg.

Stand corrected. Read the wrong line. But goes exactly to the point I was making.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM

I really really hope that he can put up an injury and "contusion" free playoffs. It will go a long way to helping us have a chance. However, one good game isn't enough to erase history.

That makes no sense. You went from 'production' to being 'injury prone'.

Matt Bonner never been hurt for the playoffs, as far as I know, and he has rarely, if ever, upped his game for the playoffs (last game notwithstanding).

Truth be told, Manu wasn't hurt last season and he didn't put together a good series until the WCF (we didn't need him either).

Injuries are a completely different thing altogether. Nobody wants to be injured. Not Manu, not Tony, not Kobe, not Gallinari. It's just part of the game. If it happens, it happens.

All you can hope for is that while they're healthy, they're producing at a high level.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
All that said:

I'm gonna doubt him, tbh

Drachen
04-22-2013, 04:31 PM
That makes no sense. You went from 'production' to being 'injury prone'.

Matt Bonner never been hurt for the playoffs, as far as I know, and he has rarely, if ever, upped his game for the playoffs (last game notwithstanding).

Truth be told, Manu wasn't hurt last season and he didn't put together a good series until the WCF (we didn't need him either).

Injuries are a completely different thing altogether. Nobody wants to be injured. Not Manu, not Tony, not Kobe, not Gallinari. It's just part of the game. If it happens, it happens.

All you can hope for is that while they're healthy, they're producing at a high level.

Right because, ya know, if he is injured, he isn't producing n stuff.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Right because, ya know, if he is injured, he isn't producing n stuff.

well, I'll just say some people here like to play the injury excuse when the other team wins. I'm not particularly fond of that. And I think Manu will give you 100% every time he goes out there (which is where I disagree with mentioning Bonner on the same breadth, historically speaking). He then either plays great or not.

For example, I thought Manu played great against Memphis, even with a broken arm, and that series was decided somewhere else.

Same thing with the broken nose and getting swept by the Suns.

In all cases, I thought the better team won.

Sure, in an ideal world, you'd like to have everybody healthy and not banged up, but that's rarely the case in this grueling league.

JR3
04-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I am a HUGE Manu fan. I do know that he has been inconsistent this season though.. so i don't count on him to do what he did every game. But anything is possible. He has missed a lot of games and should be fresh.

Wildcat67
04-22-2013, 05:23 PM

Except if you read I was referring to Manu having a history of performance in the playoffs and Matt Bonner not, to the guy I quoted.

rascal
04-22-2013, 06:17 PM
07/08 19.5 so yeah he did

19.5 is not 20, so no he never has

superjames1992
04-22-2013, 06:22 PM
In an interview awhile back while he was injured, Manu basically stated indirectly that he had been coasting during the season. :lol

It seems that he may have been right.

Fpoonsie
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Like I said, I would rather lose with Mr. Ginobili on my team than win without him. He is a true warrior.

ROFL. What a faggot.

sammy
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Agreed! Manu is the heart of this team! It shows how bad the second unit plays when he's not in the game! For all of the haters, GTFO! Like Pop said yesterday, we don't win without Manu!

smeagol
04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
19.5 is not 20, so no he never has

My God, time goes by but you continue to be the same a-hole . . .

ElNono
04-22-2013, 09:36 PM
:wow smeagol is alive

Slippy
04-23-2013, 04:07 AM
ESPN feed mentioned how Pop was paranoid about Manu getting injured so wanted to limit his mins to around 20. The reason he extra cautious, if manu gets injured Spurs don't go no-where in the play-offs.

Manu is the Spurs x-factor. There's no doubt about that.

DAF86
04-23-2013, 04:24 AM
The reason Pop is extra cautious is because Manu has been getting more hurt than assholes at an orgy. If the reason was that because without him we aren't winning shit then Tim and Tony would be playing 20 minutes per game too.

Slippy
04-23-2013, 04:49 AM
The reason Pop is extra cautious is because Manu has been getting more hurt than assholes at an orgy. If the reason was that because without him we aren't winning shit then Tim and Tony would be playing 20 minutes per game too.

just passing on what espn reported. Thought it weas pretty obvious why he extra cautious. Manu still is a big part of this team's fortunes going ahead. The guy just got back from a strained hammy and has had injuries all season. Unlike Tony and Tim who have been relatively healthy. Playing them only 20mins with the not winning shit logic would be retarded.

Pop thinking that way doesn't mean he thinks lesser of his team. He merely pointing out the value of a player and the importance of health. Game one showed what a healthy Manu is capable of .

100%duncan
04-23-2013, 05:12 AM

That doesn't even make sense.

DAF86
04-23-2013, 05:48 AM
That doesn't even make sense.

Tell me what part you didn't get and I will explain it for you.

I'm tired of the "The Spurs aren't going no-where without Manu" line. No shit Sherlock, of course we aren't going no-where without him but we aren't going no-where without Tim and Tony either. Heck I even doubt we would be getting past the first/second round without Tiago and/or Leonard.

100%duncan
04-23-2013, 06:26 AM

I'm tired of the "The Spurs aren't going no-where without Manu" line. No shit Sherlock, of course we aren't going no-where without him but we aren't going no-where without Tim and Tony either. Heck I even doubt we would be getting past the first/second round without Tiago and/or Leonard.

You can't treat Manu's health and minutes the same as Tony's and TD's. Slippy already mentioned everything I would have said.

DAF86
04-23-2013, 06:43 AM
You can't treat Manu's health and minutes the same as Tony's and TD's. Slippy already mentioned everything I would have said.

Yeah well, that's why I said the reason he plays 20 ppg is because he's injury prone not because "the Spurs aren't going anywhere without him", tbh.

Slippy
04-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Going into the play-offs , Pop would prefer to play Manu atleast 25 min if it wasn't for his latest injury. Few more games under the belt im sure Manu expects his mins to ramp up.

since we being honest. lol

tell this to Pop , im sure he would agree with you.

emanueldavidginobili
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
He needs to get his conditioning up come round 2 its going to be very high paced. Its going to be a huge transition for the spurs in second round the Lakers are trying to be half court team feed the post while The nuggets / warriors its going to be up and down

jalberto
04-24-2013, 05:37 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2517593/IMG_0108_-_Copy.JPG

Brunodf
04-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Never!!!!!!!!!!!

emanueldavidginobili
04-24-2013, 09:52 PM
GINOBILI!!!!!!!!! I TOLD YALL WATCH UNTIL PLAYOFFS!!!!!

DAF86
04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Overpaid my big hairy balls, he's bailing some asses out there at only 70%.

emanueldavidginobili
04-24-2013, 11:11 PM
13/7/5 in 19 minutes. FUCK the haters!!!

TMTTRIO
04-24-2013, 11:42 PM
whether he has come back or not It's been nice to see him play well and I'd better enjoy these last few games of his in case he retires at the end of the season .

analyzed
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
So where are the guys who were saying Green and Tiago are now better than Manu ? :)

emanueldavidginobili
05-07-2013, 12:31 AM
DON'T YOU EVER DOUBT THIS MAN!!!!

vander
05-07-2013, 12:40 AM
ugh :rolleyes he also missed 15 other shots to help put the spurs in that position

let's just keep our fingers crossed that he can stay healthy, and hope that he can shoot a little better than that in the future

sammy
05-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Manu! Simply amazing!

Legacy
05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Again....

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: MANU GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

therealtruth
05-07-2013, 12:55 AM
13/7/5 in 19 minutes. FUCK the haters!!!

He also had one of his worst shooting games. But that's what I like about him. He's able to impact a game even when he isn't shooting well.

TMTTRIO
05-07-2013, 12:58 AM
It's been very difficult watching him play and struggle like he has this year. It also leads him to making really bad decisions out there. I was at the point where I was just fine with only giving 15 minutes/20 at the most and stop relying on him like we have in the past but then again just when you doubt him the most he seems to come up with something to make you believe in him again. Great play by Manu. Enjoy this because next year we possibly won't have him around for the playoffs if he retires.

emanueldavidginobili
05-07-2013, 01:02 AM
He also had one of his worst shooting games. But that's what I like about him. He's able to impact a game even when he isn't shooting well.
I posted that in the Lakers series that's funny he had the same statline tonight

Brunodf
06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
:nopeNever
I've said it before, Spurs isn't going anywhere without Manu.
BUMP