PDA

View Full Version : Dwight: "Their bigs will wear down" as the series progresses.

BillMc
04-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Just listened to Howard on the Lakers postgame show. Dwight made the point that Spurs bigs were expending a lot of energy against him and Pau, and that they'd wear down as the series continued.

Would like to disagree but given Tim's age, plus Tiago and Bonner being overmatched he might be right. A short series would be a big boon for us, don't give the Lakers opportunity to wear them out by the time game 6 or 7 runs around.

bklynspursfan
04-21-2013, 05:55 PM
He done lost his dam mind. Duncan won't. Splitter may, but they can't stop Bonner apparently.

Robz4000
04-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Tbh if it does get to Game 6 and they're wearing down Diaw should be about ready to go. Another competent post defender will be huge.

ElNono
04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
did he say anything about making his freebies, tbh?

EVAY
04-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Just listened to Howard on the Lakers postgame show. Dwight made the point that Spurs bigs were expending a lot of energy against him and Pau, and that they'd wear down as the series continued.

Would like to disagree but given Tim's age, plus Tiago and Bonner being overmatched he might be right. A short series would be a big boon for us, don't give the Lakers opportunity to wear them out by the time game 6 or 7 runs around.

All kinds of reasons to finish this as soon as possible.

will_spurs
Dwight is going to miss one game due to tummy ache or some other nonsense injury he's known for. Our bigs can rest then. No worries.

EVAY

He E-N, where were you during the game? Did you see Ginobili's masterful game? He was stupendous!

Mugen
04-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Maybe. But we'll be in the 2nd round by then and Dwight's gonna have the same seat for the playoffs as Kobe.

ElNono
04-21-2013, 06:00 PM
He E-N, where were you during the game? Did you see Ginobili's masterful game? He was stupendous!

Yeah, ofcourse I watched it. Site was too slow to get to the game thread.

DuncanInYourFace
04-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Howard should be more concerned about chartering a fishing boat for next weekend. I hear they book up fast.

TheyCallMePro
04-21-2013, 06:02 PM
I really don't like Bonner going up against Gasol and Howard. Today was fools gold. Bonner can't guard those two. I do think Splitter, if nothing else is stout defensively, but Howard right as far as Bonner is concerned. We can't rely on that matchup to work for the rest of the series.

jesterbobman
04-21-2013, 06:03 PM
He had to say something. To proud to be truthful and just say that the Spurs are better.

ironman2886
04-21-2013, 06:03 PM
So Dwight and Pau play 43 and 41 minutes in the game, but the spurs will wear down?

dunkman
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Duncan guards him well, no problems there and he makes the offensive charge in the first half then focus on defense. Splitter has the capability to play much better. Also Gasol can't exploit Bonners lack of speed. Hack a Dwight also kills their momentum.

TheGoldStandard
04-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Dwight is a big goof, Our bigs are not our scoring threat and they are more than capable of playing big minutes... Dwight should be concerned with Steve Blake being there only scoring threat with Pau

dbreiden83080
04-21-2013, 06:09 PM

If he were Shaq i would agree

But well... He's not..

Brunodf
Duncan guards him well, no problems there and he makes the offensive charge in the first half then focus on defense. Splitter has the capability to play much better. Also Gasol can't exploit Bonners lack of speed. Hack a Dwight also kills their momentum.
Missed the game huh?

boutons_deux
DH hasn't been crushed by Aron!

Brunodf
04-21-2013, 06:10 PM
:lolDH is butthurt because the Spurs made them work hard to post up

benfti
He'd want to hope not, he will end up going toe to toe with Baynes

Stabula
Unleash Blair, the Dancing Bear

dbreiden83080
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Lakers handing this guy a max deal in the offseason will be the nail in the coffin on their championship dreams for a long time..

Mugen
04-21-2013, 06:13 PM
He's not even in the same hemisphere as Shaq. Hell, he's not even on par with a healthy Bynum offensively.

Pau's on the perimeter nowadays.

Bible Kemp showing that chimp IQ tbh.

dunkman
Missed the game huh?

Missed the first minute, tbh.

BillMc
If he were Shaq i would agree

But well... He's not..

But he's tried so hard to BE Shaq!:lol

BillMc
04-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Lakers handing this guy a max deal in the offseason will be the nail in the coffin on their championship dreams for a long time..

Yes! Do it Jimmy and Mitch. Sign him up!

JingleJangleJingle
04-21-2013, 06:16 PM
the spurs need to aim that lower back every possession

skulls138
04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Theyre going to put as much of a positive spin on things a they can. Obviously the bigs are their strength so theyre going to play that up. What are they going to say, "we're in trouble"?

Legacy
04-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Oh STFU, Dwight and get back to practicing your free throws.

jestersmash
04-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Funniest part about Dwight's interview was he had the gall to say "they hit a lot of shots and we didn't." We shot awfully from the field. That's not going to last. Lakers shot awfully from the field. That won't last either (Dwight is correct there). But, to think that this was some aberrant offensive shooting performance by the Spurs and the Lakers just missed shots is ridiculous. They actually shot better from the field (percentage-wise) than we did, and they still lost by effectively 14-16 if we ignore garbage time.

BillMc
04-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Funniest part about Dwight's interview was he had the gall to say "they hit a lot of shots and we didn't." We shot awfully from the field. That's not going to last. Lakers shot awfully from the field. That won't last either (Dwight is correct there). But, to think that this was some aberrant offensive shooting performance by the Spurs and the Lakers just missed shots is ridiculous. They actually shot better from the field (percentage-wise) than we did, and they still lost by effectively 14-16 if we ignore garbage time.

Yeah, I laughed out loud when he said "they hit a lot of shots" as if we had one of those days it went in despite good defense. We missed lots of shots and still won...

HI-FI
04-21-2013, 06:49 PM
well....until they miracously benefit from another lopsided trade that makes no sense, but i agree about resigning him should be a nail in the coffin.

CGD
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the western conference Howard... This is real playoff basketball, none of that soft crap you're used to out East.

widowmaker
04-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Maybe. But we'll be in the 2nd round by then and Dwight's gonna have the same seat for the playoffs as Kobe.

Yeah so that the media post they tweets in the second round while they chillin at the house.

Malice
04-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the western conference Howard... This is real playoff basketball, none of that soft crap you're used to out East.
My Nigga.

GrandeDavid
04-21-2013, 08:00 PM
I really don't like Bonner going up against Gasol and Howard. Today was fools gold. Bonner can't guard those two. I do think Splitter, if nothing else is stout defensively, but Howard right as far as Bonner is concerned. We can't rely on that matchup to work for the rest of the series.

Why couldn't Bonner guard Gasol? Gasol is only as good as Kobe makes him.

Sean Cagney
04-21-2013, 08:08 PM
So Dwight and Pau play 43 and 41 minutes in the game, but the spurs will wear down?

Yep, that and their thin bench after them two sit!!!!!!!! He is not really in the right to talk about wearing down.

mando6599
04-21-2013, 08:09 PM
lol! so funny! but actually may become true!

outmap
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Sorry Dwight, Baynes will be there!

wut
04-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Howard is not nearly as good/smart as he seems to think. I was listening to his post-game interview....idiot was giving away all what they talked about where they think they can exploit the Spurs and ideas they had for the next game....yeh, thanks Dwight, we'll make sure to counter what you thought you could exploit for next game.

lefty
04-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Just elbow him in the back and be done with it

Sense
04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't see it happening, if anything they might get tired.. did you see the minutes their bigs got tonight? 40+.. and the Spurs are going to throw everything at them.

hooperflash
04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
This is coming from the same guy that's sweating after two minutes of play? The same guy that, along with his Spaniard teammate, are trailing a possession that's being led by Timmy? Child please! :lol

exstatic
04-21-2013, 08:55 PM
I think he's got the wrong set of bigs. Tim and Tiago won't be playing 40 minutes. DH and Gasol must if they want to win.

widowmaker
04-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey wait let me tweet kobe and ask him what does he think the lakers need to do right now. Maybe it makes it on cnn.

admiralfats
04-21-2013, 09:35 PM
also, if our bigs are going to wear down, what's going to happen to their guards???

nadie
04-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Is he saying that if the bigs of the two team are at full strength, they will lose and they only have a chance to win if the spurs bigs wear down? What does that make them?

spurraider21
04-21-2013, 09:37 PM

:lolDH is butthurt because the Spurs made them work hard to post up

These.

Blake
04-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Tiago looked worn down five minutes in.

Spurs4#5
04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
At what point during this season has duncan given you the impression that he can be worn down? Duncans age is definetly not a factor...I think howard might of been talking about himself

100%duncan
04-21-2013, 10:31 PM

Dex
04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Dwight is already getting agitated and it's only Game 1. There were a few times when he got chippy with Bonner even after play was dead.

Speaking of which, as much as it pains me to say it...the Red Mamba had a pretty good showing today. Nothing amazing, but he did what he needed to do considering the circumstances. Hopefully he can keep it up.

jestersmash
04-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Dwight is already getting agitated and it's only Game 1. There were a few times when he got chippy with Bonner even after play was dead.

Speaking of which, as much as it pains me to say it...the Red Mamba had a pretty good showing today. Nothing amazing, but he did what he needed to do considering the circumstances. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Yeah I noticed that as well. There was one play where he kind of shoved Bonner aside after the play ended. Surprised he wasn't called for a tech. Bonner handled it nicely and just ignored it, though.

z0sa
04-21-2013, 10:40 PM
The only Spur big who played minutes any where near the vicinity of DHo's or Gasol's was Timmy with 35. If he wears down in 4 games, he should hang em up already tbh.

Mike D'antoni is the one known for running his players into the ground, not Pop.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Every time he opens his mouth D12 sounds more stupid. :rolleyes

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-22-2013, 12:00 AM
I noticed how frustrated Dwght was getting. I saw him throw a coupe shoves on both Timmy and Bonner. I would not be surprised if Dwight ends up taking a bad cheap shot and gets suspended for a game this series. If he does take a cheap shot, hopefully he doesn't injure someone.

benstanfield
04-22-2013, 12:01 AM
The funny thing is, Howard and Pau could go for 35 & 15 every game, but as long as the Lakers' perimeter scoring consists of MWP, Blake, and 50% of Nash, it won't meant shit.

tuncaboylu
04-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Since they don't have any outside threat, our smalls can help our bigs against Lakers. Kawhi and Parker were always checking Gasol and Howard with one eye when they were trying to post-up and help to our bigs in numerous time.
If Lakers will have a chance, the have to shoot 3s much better(which seems unlikely) and should increase their ball movement speed.(Which seems impossible) If they will try to wear down our bigs with Gasol-to-Howard lob passes, they will lose the series in 4 or at most 5 games.

Mark919
04-22-2013, 12:55 AM
I've been playing ball for twenty years so all this talk of being of 36 is dumb. That's not old .

Russo21
04-22-2013, 12:55 AM
He'd want to hope not, he will end up going toe to toe with Baynes

Baynes would make Howard his bitch. One tough fucker who will not back down to anyone.

hooperflash
04-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Tiago looked worn down five minutes in.

That's his way of playing, soft layups all day :lol

Every time he opens his mouth D12 sounds more stupid. :rolleyes

Just a tall black guy who lacks a shit ton of IQ since he didn't go to college, much less basketball IQ.

SenorSpur
04-22-2013, 08:11 AM
The manner in which DanTony limits his rotation, it's quite possible that the opposite will be true.

Budkin
04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
D12 is a joke. Shaq has always been right about him.

Drachen
04-22-2013, 08:42 AM
The Lakers shot 35 percent from the field in the first half, primarily missing shots from 11 feet and out. Los Angeles had 10 points in the paint but could not consistently work the ball inside for attempts.

"There's no reason other than you're playing San Antonio," D'Antoni said. "That's a good team."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ38wu5Fp6w

Captivus
04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Oh STFU, Dwight and get back to practicing your free throws.
Shhh....

OUCH!

Just elbow him in the back and be done with it
You are a bad bad man!!

Baynes would make Howard his bitch. One tough fucker who will not back down to anyone.
I want to see that. TS seems to walk backwards all the time and cant keep him from going to the rim. Thats the key, D12 has no jumpshot and has to rely on his hook.

Horse
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
How about the lakers perimiter defense wearing out? As big as howard is he's a no account pussy and will never lead a team anywhere.