PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Grizzlies or Clippers?..

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Which team can give Methlahoma a stiffer challenge in the 2nd round, tbh?..

Thread
04-21-2013, 10:50 PM
I really don't want that. I want OKC preserved for your fuckin' ass.

Latarian Milton
04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
clippers probably, monkeyball won't fear ibaka in the paint at the very least but i'd still put my $ on the north dallas team over monkeyball tbh. WCF featuring spurs & north dallas thunder is gonna be epic imho

Robz4000
04-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Neither tbh, but if I had to pick I'd prolly go with the Clippers, unless the Grizz suddenly find their 2011 groove.

racm
04-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Clips.

Playoff Chris Paul is scary. Only reason he didn't carve up the Spurs was because he was banged up.

thunderup
04-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Both teams are easy work at the moment. Give us the Spurs already partner.

:lol @ methlahoma

spurraider21
04-21-2013, 11:16 PM
I really don't want that. I want OKC preserved for your fuckin' ass.

same thoughts here. Clippers would be a better challenge, but OKC beats either of 'em anyway

Thread
04-21-2013, 11:39 PM
same thoughts here. Clippers would be a better challenge, but OKC beats either of 'em anyway

The Clippers wouldn't be an easy clean at that point. Frankly, they're on the cusp. Billups changes them, settles them, transforms them.

He'll take them with him.

Mugen
04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Clipps. Memphis can't score enough to realistically give them a shot tbh.

Clipper Nation
04-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Playoff Chris Paul is scary.

He's averaging 20 points and 10 assists in his playoff career, which is surprising, because GNSF insist he's a playoff choker and that :cry Elite PG Tony Parker :cry is better because he dominated B:lol:lolbie Gibs:loln in the Finals once....

Monster1776
04-21-2013, 11:55 PM
We're talking about who would be more of a challenge or who would give any challenge? I don't think there is an answer to the latter, but to the former I'd like to see Memphis, always loved the playoff rivalry we got going with them.

ElNono
04-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Clips

Johnny RIngo
04-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Clippers are a top 4 offense and a top 8 defense...much more balanced than the Grizzlies(#17 offense, #2 defense) BUT they're worse than OKC at both ends of the court(OKC is #1 offense, #4 defense).

Obvious answer has to be the Clippers...but neither team has a chance against OKC. Clippers will at least take one or two games from them - I don't think the Grizzlies have enough firepower to win a single game in a potential 2nd round series with the Thunder.

DMC
04-22-2013, 12:43 AM
CP3 is solid, but he has the talent around him to not need to be a prolific scorer. As he goes they go, and that's not conducive to winning a ring. He's savvy as well, reminds me of a younger Billups except Billups was a chucker. Paul seems to pick his spots.

ElNono
04-22-2013, 01:39 AM
I actually srsly think the Clippers can rattle this OKC team... I know, Vinny, yada yada yada... but if they come out on a high note from the Memphis series, watch out

100%duncan
04-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Funny how some think Grizz if they'd find their 2011 form would challenge today's OKC. Heck, the younger inexperienced 2011 OKC beat 2011 Grizzlies what makes you think 2011 Grizz will beat today's OKC? As for the question, Clippers.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Clippers will take the Thunder at least 6.

Raven
04-22-2013, 05:16 AM
memphis has no chance whatsover, they have no real offense.

jag
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
I want OKC preserved for your fuckin' ass.

Culburn has been extra ornery lately. I wonder what's wrong...

manufan10
04-22-2013, 09:53 AM
He's averaging 20 points and 10 assists in his playoff career, which is surprising, because GNSF insist he's a playoff choker and that :cry Elite PG Tony Parker :cry is better because he dominated B:lol:lolbie Gibs:loln in the Finals once....

I think that stems from the '08 playoffs where Paul deferred to Jannero Pargo in the 4th quarter of game 7 against the Spurs.

Thread
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Culburn has been extra ornery lately. I wonder what's wrong...

...Pau lost his 13th consecutive playoff game without Kobe.

Clipper Nation
04-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I think that stems from the '08 playoffs where Paul deferred to Jannero Pargo in the 4th quarter of game 7 against the Spurs.
Yeah, and Parker had to be bailed out by Speedy Claxton in '03.... Parker's lucky to have had Pop, prime Manu, prime Timmy, Horry, Bowen, etc.... put CP3 on those Spurs teams and I'm convinced you repeat at least once....

Dex
04-22-2013, 10:13 AM
The Clippers would stand the better chance. Memphis plays better defense and would be more physical, but ultimately they can't score to keep up with OKC. L.A. at least has the talent to keep the games tight.

manufan10
04-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Yeah, and Parker had to be bailed out by Speedy Claxton in '03.... Parker's lucky to have had Pop, prime Manu, prime Timmy, Horry, Bowen, etc.... put CP3 on those Spurs teams and I'm convinced you repeat at least once....

:lol No arguments from me there.

Thread
04-22-2013, 10:23 AM
put CP3 on those Spurs teams and I'm convinced you repeat at least once....

Though this motherfucker has never done a fucking thing except look good not doing it.

He's a living, breathing example of symbolism over substance.

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2013, 10:23 AM
grizz backcourt sucks monkey dick seriously...

Clipper Nation
04-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Though this motherfucker has never done a fucking thing except look good not doing it.

He's a living, breathing example of symbolism over substance.
Sounds a lot like Kirby between Shaq getting kicked out and Pau taking him in, tbh :lol

Spur-Addict
04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Grizz have no consistent perimeter attack. Clips would be a better matchup with their depth and offensive diversity.

LarryDavid
04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't think either has a chance to beat them, but at least the Clippers would put up some semblance of resistance.

mercos
04-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Clippers. I doubt either team can truly challenge OKC at this point, but Lob City will at least wear them down a bit with all the running.

Brunodf
04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
TP always outplayed CP3...That's the argument.

spurraider21
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
The Clippers wouldn't be an easy clean at that point. Frankly, they're on the cusp. Billups changes them, settles them, transforms them.

He'll take them with him.

Truth. Especially when you compare him to one Willie Green

Clipper Nation
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Truth. Especially when you compare him to one Willie Green
The weird thing, though, is that the Clippers seemed to play better in the regular season with Willie in the starting lineup, tbh.... it forced CP3 to be aggressive from the opening tip instead of overly deferring to an aging Chauncey who was clearly coasting until the playoffs....

That being said, if Game 1 was any indication of how Mr. Big Shot is going to play in the playoffs, the old man still has it and clearly deserves to start....

spurraider21
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
The weird thing, though, is that the Clippers seemed to play better in the regular season with Willie in the starting lineup, tbh.... it forced CP3 to be aggressive from the opening tip instead of overly deferring to an aging Chauncey who was clearly coasting until the playoffs....

That being said, if Game 1 was any indication of how Mr. Big Shot is going to play in the playoffs, the old man still has it and clearly deserves to start....
Yeah they were rolling early in the season. I actually watch most Clippers games (live in LA, so I watch pretty much every faker game and about 3/4 of clipper games), and while Green was doing OK, he's nothing more than a glue guy. He's just a lesser Caron Butler out there for the most part. The main issue with the Paul-Billups backcourt is if they need to defend a bigger guard. Chauncey's success throughout his career stemmed from being a strong point guard who would post up. Now, he's a small shooting guard, so its a complete 180. That said, against the Grizz, their only good scoring guards are Conley and Bayless, both of whom can be defended by Chauncey without being exploited, and against OKC he'll guard Kevin Martin. Sefolosha is a big dude, but he's not a scorer except in transition. Otherwise he's a stop and pop guy.

Thread
04-22-2013, 12:12 PM

Go on with your bad self. Git far enough to stomp a mudhole in Tonio's ass, then proceed to walk the fucker dry.

Chop/chop.

benstanfield
04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I woulda said Grizz before I saw game 1. Prince is more passive than Boris Diaw, and if Gasol/Randolph can only manage 6 combined rebounds in 66 total minutes then they're probably a lottery quality team. Their backups wings are hot garbage.

Clippers, however, have straight assassins coming off the bench in Bledsoe/Crawford, who will exploit Martin and Fisher. They don't match up well at the 3 spot against Durant, but they have the firepower to at least make games interesting. Brooks and VDN basically cancel each other out, and Griffin/Jordan v. Ibaka/Perk is a wash. What Paul has in leadership/bbiq Westbrook makes up for with athleticism. So it basically comes down to the Thunders advantage with Durant versus the Clippers' advantage off the bench.

Thread
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
^Pau, I mean Paul, well & Pau, but, Paul in this instance needs somebody to take him. He can't go by himself. Durant as well. Westbrook can go by himself, but, I don't know if he can, or, even if Durant would permit him to take him. Paul will let Billups take him, & gladly so.

Robz4000
04-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Funny how some think Grizz if they'd find their 2011 form would challenge today's OKC. Heck, the younger inexperienced 2011 OKC beat 2011 Grizzlies what makes you think 2011 Grizz will beat today's OKC? As for the question, Clippers.

Never said anything about beating them, just that they'd be more of a challenge than the Clippers. That 2011 Grizz team had Zbo playing out of his mind, a great defense (better than this year's Grizz imo), and more confidence.

Spurs da champs
04-22-2013, 03:41 PM
The Grizzlies are better with Rudy Gay, fact.

Jacob1983
04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
I would think that if the Clippers get to the 2nd round and face the Thunder that Stern may be tempted to help them win because they do play in Los Angeles. He knows that an LA team would make him more money in the Finals than Acutane's team would. We could see the Nuggets and Clippers in the WCF because of Stern. The Lakers aren't going to beat the Spurs in the first round, sorry.