PDA

View Full Version : Drudge is running the flash...

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 01:36 PM
...that Slick Willie is sick. Has had a heart attack and is at a New York hospital.

Bandit2981
09-03-2004, 01:36 PM
damn...i wish him well, he's in my prayers :(

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Prayers half-answered bandit.

Quadruple by-pass later today. He apparently went to the hospital, suffering chest discomfort, before he had a full-blown myocardial infarction.

Tommy Duncan
09-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Damn. Undergoing such an operation is tough yet increasingly routine.

Hope the operation is a success.

Spurminator
09-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Whoa.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 02:06 PM
It's that damn South Beach diet. It'll kill ya!

Of course, all that booze, nose-candy, over-eating, and carousing couldn't have anything to do with it. Nah.

I wonder if Monica is sending flowers.

SpursWoman
09-03-2004, 02:22 PM
That's scary enough...get well, Bill. :(

Clinton Hospitalized After Chest Pains
Media Reports Say Former President to Undergo Heart Bypass Surgery

ALBANY, N.Y. (Sept. 3) - Former President Bill Clinton checked himself into a New York City hospital on Friday suffering from chest pains, Democratic party officials said.

Clinton canceled a two-day joint trip with his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, across upstate New York because of medical issues, another source familiar with the situation said Friday. Both the Democratic official and the source spoke on condition of anonymity.

Meanwhile, there were unconfirmed broadcast reports that the former president had complained of chest pains. ABC News and CNN reported that Clinton may have to undergo heart bypass surgery.

Spokesmen for the former president and for the senator couldn't be immediately reached for comment.

The severity of Clinton's coronary problem was discovered after tests at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York, ABC News reported. His coronary results were not favorable and he was found to have multiple lesions, it said.

CBS News said doctors found a blockage.

CNN quoted a source close to the former president as saying the surgery could take place as early as Saturday.

Clinton, the 42nd U.S. president, promised at the Democratic National Convention in July to be a ''foot soldier'' in John Kerry's race against Republican President Bush.

The former president received a rousing welcome from delegates after being introduced by his wife, New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Clinton, who had a reputation for having a big appetite and for fighting a weight problem, showed no signs of heart problems during rigorous health examinations that were made public during his presidency.

Clinton has been active giving speeches and completing and promoting his best-selling memoir since leaving office in 2001.

His charisma and political clout were seen as a big potential asset to Kerry in the coming hectic weeks of the presidential election campaign.

The former president turned 58 last month.

09/03/04 12:22 ET

Samurai Jane
09-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Get Well!

attyjackiechiles
09-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Best wishes to my good friend Bill!
He's charasmatic, well spoken...outstanding!!