PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Defensive Schemes

deibero
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Excelent analysis by Mike Prada on what the Spurs did to the Lakers post ups yesterday.

Lakers dont have the shooters or even penetrators you will need to make us pay for cheating, a reason to feel good this series should be short.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/4/22/4251210/la-lakers-spurs-nba-playoffs-2013-kobe-bryant-post

EVAY
04-22-2013, 02:00 PM
This is really a terrific analysis, and shows again how much the Lakers were trying to get the ball into their big men, and how the Spurs' defensive game plan impacted that ability.

I am sure that the Lakers will make some adjustments, and as this guy says, the perimeter shooting and spacing can improve from one game to the next, so there is no guarantee that it will be successful for four games, but it does show that the team was tuned into doing what Pop wanted them to do, and it worked.

deibero
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
This is really a terrific analysis, and shows again how much the Lakers were trying to get the ball into their big men, and how the Spurs' defensive game plan impacted that ability.

I am sure that the Lakers will make some adjustments, and as this guy says, the perimeter shooting and spacing can improve from one game to the next, so there is no guarantee that it will be successful for four games, but it does show that the team was tuned into doing what Pop wanted them to do, and it worked.

Like I said in the original post, they could knock shots down one game and steal it if they get hot, but they lack the personnel to beat us 4 out 5 (theyre not winning gm 7 on the road)