PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on Duncan (Via Twitter)

deibero
04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
@LakeShOwQueen (https://twitter.com/LakeShOwQueen) he's the best power forward to play and my all time favorite to compete against #realtalk (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23realtalk&src=hash)

ABC showed it during the game. Weird Kobe giving props and more so in mid battle. Curiously it got deleted from his page later.

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Seriously dude?

DarrinS
04-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I saw that during the game.

Legacy
04-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah... I remember them showing that during the game. Piss off, KoME, we're trying to watch a basketball game here.

Wildcat67
04-22-2013, 03:29 PM
It probably got deleted because it sounds like he is giving up. You don't give props to the opponent like that in the middle of a series as a player.

spurs10
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Kobe giving props to Tim is very cool and respectful! :toast

iManu
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah, he's on drugs.

Fpoonsie
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Kobe's tweets have been pathetically comical. It's been outstanding.

Legacy
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
He was tweeting a mile a minute, saying things like, "I can't watch the team go down this way, coach... I just can't." ... "I just wish there was something I could do, blah, blah, blah, blah..." Way to boost your team's self-confidence, and once again making it all about YOU on national television like that. Just KoME being KoME, IMO. Nothing special w/ or about this scenario. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Kobe's tweets have been pathetically comical. It's been outstanding.

Pain meds..

Darius McCrary
04-22-2013, 04:39 PM
KoMe lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
What was the question Kobe was asked to respond to that tweet?

Brunodf
04-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Grass is green

EVAY
04-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Kobe the attention hound.

Nothing new in that.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
He should shut his mouth and stop bitching on Twitter every 5 seconds. I don't care if he gives props to the Spurs, I'm just sick of the attention the news gives him when he "tweets"

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 05:02 PM
He just filed his job application if he gets amnestied.

Legacy
04-22-2013, 05:06 PM
What was the question Kobe was asked to respond to that tweet?

He deleted a bunch of his tweets, but it was most likely just a simple question on what his thoughts were about Timmy. *shrug*

moisaenz
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
He just filed his job application if he gets amnestied.

Only if pop is gone next year....

ChumpDumper
04-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Only if pop is gone next year....Pop might be pretty open to the idea of coaching Kobe.

will_spurs
04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
I liked how JVG handled the disturbance of having Kobe's tweets on the screen all the time by saying stuff like "he should spell out the words completely, that would be a good example to give to all his followers--he must have 10 million of them by now" only to be corrected by the other host ("I don't think that's how Twitter works, but since I don't know how it works I'll just shut up cos I don't want to make a fool of myself on national TV").

Or "I would tweet about the Admiral and his great work with Carver Academy, that would be worth talking about" -- "but you aren't on twitter" -- "well whoever is on twitter should talk about the Admiral and Carver Academy".

I thought it was really funny and a nice way to deflect all the attention Kobe was getting :D

letmk
04-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Even what he says about the game is 80% true (which is not), KB is still 100% wrong in saying that when there is a coach and teammates out there playing. I don't value D'Antoni that high as a coach, but as long as he is still the coach (or any other coach for that matter), an injured player simply cannot say say those things. Does KB really think his criticism helps his team? Either he is plain stupid or his ego is even bigger than all we've already known.

Also, I found all those media people from Magic down are so hypocritical and actually cowardish. As a reporter, commentator or fans, you can say whatever about a coach and coaching decisions. But if those commentators become coaches next year, will anyone of them like their star player commenting their coaching in-live?

Yet, since the Lakers seem not going anywhere this year and D'Antoni is an easy target, everybody supports KB's new-low behavior. Remember, even if the coach is indeed incompetent, there is huge difference between a player sabotaging his coach and other non-parties criticizing the coach.

lefty
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Still hate Kobe

Fuck that egomaniac

The Whopper
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
The inane bleatings of a non-participant. Just like us. He should start posting here. There's always room for one more asshat.

will_spurs
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
The inane bleatings of a non-participant. Just like us. He should start posting here. There's always room for one more asshat.

This was basically d'Antoni's point when he replied "[Kobe] is just another fan now".

Legacy
04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
This was basically d'Antoni's point when he replied "[Kobe] is just another fan now".

I remember that. :lol

"Hoveround takes me where I wanna' go..."

Get him one of those pronto so he can be on the sidelines, and not be so starved for attention right now. Ehh, that's probably not such a good idea...

Fpoonsie
04-22-2013, 06:07 PM

His increased tweeting habits have been a lot of fun to fuck with, though.

phxspurfan
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
As much as I hate him on the Lakers, Kobe on the Spurs would be pretty awesome.

racm
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Pop might be pretty open to the idea of coaching Kobe.

I think he'd rather have two broken down SGs than choo choo.

ploto
04-22-2013, 06:40 PM
He decided no more tweets during games.

Budkin
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Lots of players have respect for opponents, especially ones they've battled repeatedly over the years. Look at Magic and Bird, Magic and Isiah, or Jordan and Barkley. Everyone says you're supposed to hate your opponent no matter what but obviously guys don't always live by that, which is good because when it comes down to it it's just a fucking game.

ShoogarBear
04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Kobe is using Twitter to fight off the urges to fly to Colorado.

KaiRMD1
04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Kobe sure loves him some Kobe

Phenomanul
04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Kobe is using Twitter to fight off the urges to fly to Colorado.

LOL

spurs1990
04-22-2013, 11:44 PM

I still can't figure out twitter. Had to scroll through the skank laker fans account to find Bryant's post.

SpursFanaticInVegas
04-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Kobe sure loves him some Kobe

his in-game tweeting drove up the ratings. ESPN loves shit like this. made me puke

phyzik
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I think, as fans, we over-exaggerate rivalries on the court. I'm sure there are a lot of players that have cordial, if not friendly, relationships... just as there are players that have heated rivalries rooted in hate. Despite all of Kobe's short-comings (and there are many), he doesn't appear to me as a player who hates on rivals and I don't think Duncan see's it that way either with Kobe. As a fan, its fun to imagine the hate between teams, but I imagine the NBA is more like a local bowling league than we think when it comes to the players themselves. Sure there is some trash talking, and there are probably some assholes, but on the whole they mostly get along and are just competitive people.

It's we, the fans, that generate the hate. Having said that, FTL!!!

KaiRMD1
04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
his in-game tweeting drove up the ratings. ESPN loves shit like this. made me puke

Kobe could take a shit and they'll talk about that more than a game.

phyzik
04-23-2013, 12:16 AM
I realize this thread is more about ESPN slurping on Kobe's knob, but hating on Kobe for it is unfounded. Anyone surprised at ESPN's infatuation with Kobe and the Lakers at this point hasn't been paying attention for the past 14 years.

Besides that, now that Kobe is twitting up a storm, I cant wait to see his frustration as we mop the floor with his overrated team.

Sean Cagney
04-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Lots of players have respect for opponents, especially ones they've battled repeatedly over the years. Look at Magic and Bird, Magic and Isiah, or Jordan and Barkley. Everyone says you're supposed to hate your opponent no matter what but obviously guys don't always live by that, which is good because when it comes down to it it's just a fucking game.

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

spurs1990
04-23-2013, 12:24 AM
The "it's just a game" platitude should be applied to amateur athleticcs. In the pros, these guys are paid handsomely for their services.

Why shouldn't the fans expect the players to comport themselves in a serious manner. Especially those fans who are season ticket holders. Not taking a position either way just feel there can be some expectations leveled at pros.

phyzik
04-23-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't think they take it as "just a game" either... but I also think there is that level of respect for each other just as there is in "amateur" sports. I have had my friends cheer me and my team on in "amateur" sports and boo the opposition, doesn't make me more or less of an asshole to the competition. I see no reason why money would make a difference, they get paid either way. In fact, I think it's even less of an issue with professional sports since they are guaranteed a payout (aside from playoff advancement) whereas, in the amateur sports you only get the big payout when you advance so far.

I'm not disputing there are rivalries, just that fans blow it out of proportion.

spurs10
04-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Pau and Tim were both patting each other on the back in a friendly way. They are respectful of one another.

aal04
04-23-2013, 02:31 AM
so is that "favourite player to play against" or "favourite power forward to play against"

Legacy
04-23-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't giva' rat's ass if he respects our team or not, tbf... he's an annoying attention-whore who talks down on his OWN team in public constantly, and continues to make it all about him. If Timmy pulled that crap, I would lose ALL respect for him as well. End of story.