PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Wie

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Can you not help but root for her?

A FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD nearly making the cut on a PGA Tour event.

Dex
07-08-2005, 10:12 PM
People like that make me feel like a loser.

3rdCoast
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I dont like it because I do not feel that any minors should compete in any pro events.

Age limits for all sports. PLEASE.

E20
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Golf is boring. To watch and to play.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-08-2005, 10:26 PM
I like Michelle Wie because she has single handedly ended the dispute as to whether golf is a "sport" or a "game".

The sone
07-08-2005, 10:28 PM
she is kindda cute tho...

ZStomp
07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
she is kindda cute tho...

Look what the CAT dragged in.

3rdCoast
07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
I like Michelle Wie because she has single handedly ended the dispute as to whether golf is a "sport" or a "game".
word

SpursFanDan
07-08-2005, 10:38 PM
No.. she choked, she should of made the cut, she just could'nt hack it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-08-2005, 10:40 PM

She's 15.

At least she can say she choked on a PGA Tour event at 15. At 15, you were choking your chicken.

3rdCoast
07-08-2005, 10:47 PM
At 15 she needs to be practicing givin brain, not a chip shot.

spurschick
07-08-2005, 10:48 PM
The fact that she got that close is awesome! She was only two strokes from making the cut.

3rdCoast
07-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Strokes.

Exactly what she needs to be doing.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Strokes.

Exactly what she needs to be doing.
:lmao

Vashner
07-09-2005, 10:29 AM
She will be good for the game of golf. Easy on the eye's and knows how to play.
Cause 99% of the time it's booooring..

B.AlMighty
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Saying this pretty 15 year old girl should be "stroking" or "giving brain" is disgusting and pathetic.

She is 15!! Do you want your daughter to be "knockin' boots" at 15!?

She is great for the game and a great role model for young girls.

Flea
07-09-2005, 12:22 PM
At 15 she needs to be practicing givin brain, not a chip shot.

You are an idiot.

Flea
07-09-2005, 12:23 PM

:rolleyes

Banks91
07-09-2005, 12:29 PM
to see Wei playing with the males pisses me off no to no end. How

the hell do u come to the mens side when u cant dominate ur own side.

if any female should play with the mens it is Sorenstam(however u spell it)

cuz she is the best female golfer, but wie is nothing more then a fuckin publicity stunt

someone needs to take her outback and shoot her

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 12:33 PM

cuz she is the best female golfer, but wie is nothing more then a fuckin publicity stunt

The only way she makes it with the men is if she gets gang banged by them prior to them allowing her on a tour.

NameDropper
07-09-2005, 12:35 PM

Rumor has it Wei really pissed off the men who she finished ahead of and that some of them wish someone would take them out back and put them out of their misery.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Reasons she is popular

1. She's a bitch

2. Non White Bitch

3. Is 15

4. Is a tall bitch

5. Is good at the game

NameDropper
07-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Reasons she is popular

1. She's a bitch

2. Non White Bitch

3. Is 15

4. Is a tall bitch

5. Is good at the game

Rumor has it that's 5 more than you.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Rumor has it that no one will care about her in a few months.

T Park
07-09-2005, 01:17 PM
I thought it was great.

Only problem I have, is shes not qualifying her way on, shes getting sponsors exemptions.

She should qualify to get on just like everyone else.

MsMcGillyCutty
07-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Don't men also get to play with sponsor exemptions?

Why are men so worried about a 15 year old girl? My boyfriend thinks it great.

It's like those old farts who keep playing and taking a spot from a better player.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2005, 01:48 PM
i dig it :)

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Rumor has it that no one will care about her in a few months.Fact is no one cares about you now.

A 15 year-old girl beating about 57 men in a tournament? You'll be hearing about her for years to come.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Did she qualify or didn't she? Unless this kid can qualify I don't see what the big deal is.

Sense
07-09-2005, 04:09 PM
You are an idiot.

I second that.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 04:14 PM
The big deal is that she is a 15 year old, 6'2 bitch that is good, but not good enough to make a cut.

NameDropper
07-09-2005, 04:21 PM
The big deal is that she is a 15 year old, 6'2 bitch that is good, but not good enough to make a cut.

Rumor has it that makes all the other men who didn't make the cut her bitches.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 04:29 PM
So what? She is good enough to hang with them? Ok, no biggie. Why are people having such an orgasm over a girl that can play a game. She has 2 legs and 2 arms and a set of golf clubs just like all the other guys and girls playing the game of golf.

Is it a big deal because she is 15? Yea, but it still doesn't change the fact that whether she is 15 or 150 or 5 months old, she did not make the cut.

NameDropper
07-09-2005, 04:33 PM
So what? She is good enough to hang with them? Ok, no biggie. Why are people having such an orgasm over a girl that can play a game. She has 2 legs and 2 arms and a set of golf clubs just like all the other guys and girls playing the game of golf.

Is it a big deal because she is 15? Yea, but it still doesn't change the fact that whether she is 15 or 150 or 5 months old, she did not make the cut.

So what is right. So what if she didn't make the cut? So did a lot of other players. You got it right, she's only 15! That is the reason, you got it now buddy! Rumor has it you are not as dumb as you make out to be.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 04:38 PM
I posted in this thread a long time ago that the ONLY reasons is was important is because she was a girl and 15. If she was a 20 year old guy, no one would be jacking off to the highlights on SportsCenter.

My whole point is I wish there was an age limit of at least 18 in ALL pro sports, but this I suppose is fine, since golf is not a sport.

T Park
07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Why are men so worried about a 15 year old girl?

link to what players, or men outside of a message board that are?

Don't men also get to play with sponsor exemptions?

players that have qualified, and done something to earn them.

Michelle Wie hasnt shown much more than Carl Paulson, or Spike Mcroy, that she deserves it.

She finished 1 under and missed the cut.

Theres 70 guys that just got done doing that.

timvp
07-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Wie is going to win a tournament one day and embarrass every male in the world who has ever touched a golf club. It's barely a sport right now, once she wins it's all over.

R.I.P. Golf as a sport

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Wie is going to win a tournament one day and embarrass every male in the world who has ever touched a golf club. It's barely a sport right now, once she wins it's all over.

R.I.P. Golf as a sport

hahahahah yeah thats what i like wie

people who think golf is a sport are dorks

MsMcGillyCutty
07-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Why is Golf not a sport? I think it is simply because not every man or woman is good enough to make it on the PGA or LPGA tours.

I mean most people can dribble a basketball or hold onto a football while running. Why are those considered more of a sport?
Or is it just the male ego that thinks if the game is not "tough" is is not a sport?
Does that mean Football is more of a sport than basketball?

Sometimes I just don't get how you men rationalize things.

And most men who don't think golf is a sport is because they suck at it.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 04:58 PM
It is a proven fact that men, on average, and without few exceptions are more athletic, bigger, faster, and stronger than women.

Sport is a physical activity in which you run, jump, throw, catch. A sport is something that you can not practice without having to include running and sweat.

Golf, just like bowling is a game. You can be 600 pounds and can barely walk, but you can still have the skill of hitting a golf ball.

In baseball, basketball, football, soccer, tennis, hockey you must have some sort of athletic ability to play.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Or is it just the male ego that thinks if the game is not "tough" is is not a sport?
Does that mean Football is more of a sport than basketball?

Sometimes I just don't get how you men rationalize things.

And most men who don't think golf is a sport is because they suck at it.

well it is a question of semantics but my reasoning is this

in a sense, yes, it is because its not tough enough.

Sports, to me, require physical strain, endurance, skill

Games, to me, require skill

Darts is not a sport. It's a game. I would never say football is more of a sport than basketball, i would just say they are both obviously sports. I've never played golf in my life so I don't know if i suck at it or not. But the point is, there is no player-player interaction or physical competition between two people playing golf.
It's more of a competition, or a game, when 2 people play golf.

Kori Ellis
07-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Michelle Wie hasnt shown much more than Carl Paulson, or Spike Mcroy, that she deserves it.

She finished 1 under and missed the cut.

Theres 70 guys that just got done doing that.

And you do realize that she is 15. If she continues to improve, she won't be missing the cut for much longer.

link to what players, or men outside of a message board that are (worried)?

They were interviewing golfers yesterday after she didn't make the cut and they were admitting that they were worried. They were saying stuff like "99% of us were shakin' in our boots..."

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 05:04 PM
And you do realize that she is 15. If she continues to improve, she won't be missing the cut for much longer.

They were interviewing golfers yesterday after she didn't make the cut and they were admitting that they were worried. They were saying stuff like "99% of us were shakin' in our boots..."

15. All the more reason age limits should be a must.

What if a 5 year old, still shitting in pampers is one day good enough to make a cut? Then is that cool still?

But like I already said, golf is not a sport, so you can toss all sports logic out the wondow.

15 or 5. Male or Female. If they can walk and swing a club at a ball sitting on the ground, then go for it and enjoy.

Just know the people outside of the golf world are laughing more and more every day

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 05:04 PM
I posted in this thread a long time ago that the ONLY reasons is was important is because she was a girl and 15. If she was a 20 year old guy, no one would be jacking off to the highlights on SportsCenter.You must really suck at golf.

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 05:08 PM
I have played 3 times. My first time out I shot something like 20 over par. My friend who I was playing with told me that it was good for the first time ever. I guess it could have been.

The second time was like 18 over and the third time was like 23 over.

I enjoyed the game just because of the time you get to socialize and talk with your friends while you play,

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
So, a 15 year old girl could beat the snot out of you at golf.

Cool.

MsMcGillyCutty
07-09-2005, 05:13 PM

Cool.

Now I get it. That is so all the men who she beat can say, "It's only a game".

3rdCoast
07-09-2005, 05:15 PM

Cool.

RIght on.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Now I get it. That is so all the men who she beat can say, "It's only a game".

no i thought it was a game way before this chick hit the scene, because the way its played

like two men playing tennis is a sport they are actively competing against each other with physical talents

its not like that in golf
i cant explain it i dont have the right words

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-09-2005, 05:41 PM
tx3rdcoastborn...

Do you like LeBron James? Tony Parker?

Do you enjoy minor league baseball?

Answer yes and your arguments go out the window.

MsMcGillyCutty
07-09-2005, 05:43 PM
no i thought it was a game way before this chick hit the scene, because the way its played

like two men playing tennis is a sport they are actively competing against each other with physical talents

its not like that in golf
i cant explain it i dont have the right words

That doesn't make sense. Are not the golfers competing against each other for the best score? I think it has to take some type of physical talent to hit that small golf ball 300 yards and get it with feet of the hole.

I can't explain it either but I think it's a sport but this is from a woman's point of view. And Annaka isn't femine enough.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Definition of sport = An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively. (got it from the dictionary) I think Golf IS a sport, it BARELY qualifies but it is a sport.

mookie2001
07-09-2005, 07:09 PM
golf is a sport
a stupid sport

wie is very hot

golf is better than nascar
playing golf on xbox is fun

its dumb that you have to be quiet when theyre hitting though, in tennis too

in basketball/football/baseball people do their best with thousand screaming curses at you, if golfers cant do that, theyre a bunch of pussies

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 08:01 PM
yeah exacty

its more mental concentration and body coordination than physical exertion

i mean i've never seen someone come home drenched with sweat and exhausted and like 'man i was playing 18 holes of golf, it really took alot out of me'

its like bowling....its a game/very weak sport

that chode from around the horn once said any competition where a 13 year old girl can effectively compete against grown men and women proves this is not a SPORT (this was a while back)