PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Mike Brown Agrees To Return To Cavaliers

mindcrime
04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Mike Brown has an agreement with the Cleveland Cavaliers to return as head coach.

The agreement is described as being in 'handshake' in nature.

Brown has a career record of 314-167 during his 481 games with the Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers. Brown won 66 and 61 games during his final two seasons with the Cavaliers, but failed to win a title with a team built around LeBron James.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! reports that Brown will sign a five-year deal worth more than $20 million.

James has been linked to a potential return to the Cavaliers in 2014, though the presence of Brown would represent an unknown factor in his decision-making process.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227347/Mike-Brown-Agrees-To-Return-To-Cavaliers

Won't make much difference unless they get Lebron back as well, tbh.

Clipper Nation
04-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Mike Br:lolwn must have pictures on all the NBA owners, it's the only explanation for how this guy has 9 lives :lol

:lol Cavs
:lol Wanting Mike Brown back
:lol Shitty roster, Gilbert as owner, Mike Brown as coach, same as it was in 2010
:lol Thinking LeBron would go back to the exact situation he left

jeebus
04-23-2013, 03:23 PM
they couldn't get Phil so they got the next best coach in NBA history.

Dro210
04-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I doubt LBJ would go back and play for Mike Brown, but it's far from the same situation as far as talent goes... Irving, Waiters, Thompson.

Thebesteva
04-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Mike Br:lolwn must have pictures on all the NBA owners, it's the only explanation for how this guy has 9 lives :lol

:lol Cavs
:lol Wanting Mike Brown back
:lol Shitty roster, Gilbert as owner, Mike Brown as coach, same as it was in 2010
:lol Thinking LeBron would go back to the exact situation he left

Seriously I just don't get it. He's not a good coach. Dumb move by a dumb ass owner fag Gilbert

jeebus
04-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Seriously I just don't get it. He's not a good coach. Dumb move by a dumb ass owner fag Gilbert
what's funny is his name was mentioned as a candidate for all the teams that recently fired their coach. oh well. it's always more fun in the league when the tater head has a coaching job, like 'antoni

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
isnt knicks and lakers still paying this guy salary from buyouts?

JamStone
04-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Official announcement to be made via Internet letter in Palatino font.

Brunodf
04-23-2013, 03:47 PM
:bangSloan would be perfect to build a team around Irving.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
niggas is sayin that since the cavs hired brown, lakers won't have to pay his salary anymore. shit....

baseline bum
04-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Not like any good coach was going to accept that offer.

gaKNOW!blee
04-23-2013, 04:27 PM
unreal

Clipper Nation
04-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Apparently he TURNED DOWN the Suns' coaching job.... wow, that's rock bottom for the Suns, tbh....

DMC
04-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Stupid fucker, get free money and cruise it out a couple years.

lefty
04-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Cleveland tanking :lmao

whitemamba
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Niggas gotta eat

Thread
04-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Now we're only paying D'Antoni?

JamStone
04-23-2013, 05:15 PM
:bangSloan would be perfect to build a team around Irving.

Because a stubborn, old school 70 year old coach who lives and breathes pick-and-roll offense is perfect for one of the best scoring and best one-on-one PGs in the league?

It's the reason why Jerry Sloan went insane with Deron Williams. Deron wanted to call his own plays and have the ability to break off the pick-and-roll set plays and play isolation one-on-one whenever he felt like it. It drove Sloan mad and into retirement. Irving can score anytime he wants to with or without PNR plays and Sloan's rigid offensive ideologies will wear on him like they did Deron Williams. And in turn, Irving will become an annoying, nagging bitch just like Deron Williams. And Jerry Sloan will croak during an NBA game.

On second thought... that would actually be great NBA theater.

Brunodf
04-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Because a stubborn, old school 70 year old coach who lives and breathes pick-and-roll offense is perfect for one of the best scoring and best one-on-one PGs in the league?

It's the reason why Jerry Sloan went insane with Deron Williams. Deron wanted to call his own plays and have the ability to break off the pick-and-roll set plays and play isolation one-on-one whenever he felt like it. It drove Sloan mad and into retirement. Irving can score anytime he wants to with or without PNR plays and Sloan's rigid offensive ideologies will wear on him like they did Deron Williams. And in turn, Irving will become an annoying, nagging bitch just like Deron Williams. And Jerry Sloan will croak during an NBA game.

And look how good D.Williams is without Sloan.
Just saying, Sloan already did it before(build a team around PG), if u think that Sloan could be worse than Mike Brown you are crazy

Thread
04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Just saying, Sloan already did it before(build a team around PG), if u think that Sloan could be worse than Mike Brown you are crazy

Sloan won't come back. He's got a story to tell, but, under this country's witch hunt mentality he knows better than to tell it.

Kulo
04-23-2013, 06:30 PM

It is just a coincidence that Deron Williams excelled under his system?

DMC
04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
If Mike D is the only coach on the payroll, he could be amnestied. In the process, Gasol and Artest will be let go. Kobe will be out most of next year anyhow, so they can just build around Howard if he resigns (his monkey X or whatever he writes).

Dex
04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
This will surely lure Lebron back to town.

DMC
04-23-2013, 06:40 PM
If the Cavs could score Howard and get Lebron back with Irving, they might have an outside chance at a Finals.

JamStone
04-23-2013, 06:43 PM

I didn't say Sloan would be worse than Mike Brown.

I challenged your notion that Sloan would have been "perfect" for Irving and the Cavs.

He built a team with around a pass first PG in Stockton and an elite scoring forward who could finish at a high rate off the pick-and-roll. In Cleveland, they have a score first PG in Irving and no forward who can be an explosive scorer out of the pick-and-roll, unless you think Tristan Thompson is the second coming of the Mailman or even a weaker version of Amare. Add to those facts that Sloan is 70+ years old and a stubborn s.o.b. who seems to hate the attitudes of the modern day NBA player, I just don't see how he'd be perfect for that situation.

JamStone
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
It is just a coincidence that Deron Williams excelled under his system?

No, not a coincidence. A strict adherence to Sloan's system will generally produce favorable numbers for a PG with talent, especially in terms of assists and FG%. But it also seems to annoy and grate on today's NBA PGs who are just as enamored with scoring as they are with merely playing set-up man. Today's NBA has evolved to a point where PGs are primary scorers now. Good or bad for the game, that's how it's become. And young PGs want that. They want to average 20+ PPG. That's also what gets them max deals. I'm not suggesting Deron Williams was right to rebel against Sloan's offense. I just think that's how it is these days with PGs with scoring mentalities. It's hard for these high scoring PGs to accept a system where their ceiling for scoring is 15-18 PPG instead of 22-25 PPG. It's a selfish approach, but it's also why I think Sloan's offense is outdated and inapplicable in today's NBA.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Apparently he TURNED DOWN the Suns' coaching job.... wow, that's rock bottom for the Suns, tbh....

Gentry is 10x the coach Mike Brown is, tbh.

Thread
04-23-2013, 07:40 PM
^He wouldn't even interview here out of respect for Gentry. Gambo blasted Blanks today over calling Brown then. It was "beat the shit outta Blanks" today on .620. He got blamed for everything from the Tison prison break right thru trying to poison Arpaio.

Thread
04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
This will surely lure Lebron back to town.

It's bs Media driven like when the Lakers fired Brown. Right away Media wrote the story and listed the possible replacements. About midway down would always be Stan Van Gundy's name like it was just regular news. The fucks are always trying to start shit to sell newspapers. Lebron will retire in Miami. Riley may die, but, he'll never make another mistake as long as he lives.

Dex
04-23-2013, 08:04 PM
It's bs Media driven like when the Lakers fired Brown. Right away Media wrote the story and listed the possible replacements. About midway down would always be Stan Van Gundy's name like it was just regular news. The fucks are always trying to start shit to sell newspapers. Lebron will retire in Miami. Riley may die, but, he'll never make another mistake as long as he lives.

Inclined to agree. Lebron is just giving lip service to the Cleveland fans that he spurned so badly when he says he would consider going back to Cleveland, and I don't blame him. He would never return to the same organization and owner that levied The Guarantee after he abandoned them.

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I guess he's now officially the twice baked potato head...

callo1
04-23-2013, 08:44 PM

You honestly think Spoelstra > Brown and is the difference maker in Miami?

Killakobe81
04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I guess he's now officially the twice baked potato head...

Cleveland is a good fit. He never learned how to punk the media like Pop does ...
He cant handle LA, NY BOS or Philly but CLEVELAND?
That is his comfort zone and he can coach defense and with no Lebron even less pressure ...until Kyrie can be a FA ...

Killakobe81
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
niggas is sayin that since the cavs hired brown, lakers won't have to pay his salary anymore. shit....

I doubt we get rid of D'antoni but if we dont it wont be because we paying two coaches ...

Killakobe81
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM
And Culy is right Riles will NEVER allow Lebron to leave ...

Koolaid_Man
04-23-2013, 09:02 PM
And Culy is right Riles will NEVER allow Lebron to leave ...

you think Riles would suck a niggas dick to keep him....:lol

Killakobe81
04-23-2013, 09:08 PM
you think Riles would suck a niggas dick to keep him....:lol

Maybe not suck but a reach around ...probably

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm never going to understand why NBA franchises continue to recycle shitty coaches, tbh..

They need to expand their range for coaching candidates, specifically non-Black..

Killakobe81
04-23-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm never going to understand why NBA franchises continue to recycle shitty coaches, tbh..

They need to expand their range for coaching candidates, specifically non-Black..

Dats stupid black aint got anything to do with it.

Brown, Scott Avery all made the Finals.

Wilkens, KC Jones and Doc have led teams to titles ...considering only a small number of franchises have won titles since Lenny Led Seattle 79 IIRC)
Dont see any prrof that it's race shitty coaches are just shitty coaches plenty of the white ones or Italians like VDN, Pitino, Del Harris and Calipari have sucked ...

Dunc n Dave
04-23-2013, 09:39 PM
^He wouldn't even interview here out of respect for Gentry. Gambo blasted Blanks today over calling Brown then. It was "beat the shit outta Blanks" today on .620. He got blamed for everything from the Tison prison break right thru trying to poison Arpaio.

Makes sense with Brown and Gentry being from the Pop coaching fraternity. Good for Tater Head for standing up for his buddy. I agree with DoK that Gentry is a helluva coach. The guy gave the Suns some toughness and he did something D'Antoni was never able to do... beat the Spurs in a series. And in about a week, nothing will have changed.

Chinook
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
To be honest, they shouldn't have fired him a couple of years ago. Had they kept him instead of getting Scott, then they would have known right now whether or not Brown is the coach for them. Instead he gets to pretend like his departure was a factor in the Cavs' decline -- ESPN talks about his time with in Cleveland like his success was his doing.

I still remember the last game he coached in Cleveland. Boston was leading with the clock ticking. The Cavs were down, but technically not out. Brown was screaming at his players to foul Rondo, but they just looked at him and let the time run out. I knew after watching that game that Brown had lost his team. He clearly wasn't the right coach for them. It's a shame the owner seems to have missed that.

Latarian Milton
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
dude set to return as the potato-head coach :lmao

Monster1776
04-23-2013, 09:48 PM
I think it was all a ruse to steal money from the Lakers and cripple them.

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Dats stupid black aint got anything to do with it.

Brown, Scott Avery all made the Finals.

Wilkens, KC Jones and Doc have led teams to titles ...considering only a small number of franchises have won titles since Lenny Led Seattle 79 IIRC)
Dont see any prrof that it's race shitty coaches are just shitty coaches plenty of the white ones or Italians like VDN, Pitino, Del Harris and Calipari have sucked ...

Only 2 Black coaches have won titles in the modern era..

KC Jones was known as a terrible coach that hurt the Celtics more than he helped them, as Bill Simmons constantly points out..

Doc Rivers's Celtics won the title the first year Thibodeau joined, and they haven't made the Finals since Thibodeau left..

Being White doesn't equate to good coaching, but being Black generally results in a failed coaching stint, tbh..

racm
04-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Only 2 Black coaches have won titles in the modern era..

KC Jones was known as a terrible coach that hurt the Celtics more than he helped them, as Bill Simmons constantly points out..

Doc Rivers's Celtics won the title the first year Thibodeau joined, and they haven't made the Finals since Thibodeau left..

Being White doesn't equate to good coaching, but being Black generally results in a failed coaching stint, tbh..

Philibeaner and Scott have made back-to-back Finals. Pop hasn't.

04-23-2013, 11:25 PM
dafuq? lakers luck out again, they can fire dantoni without having to pay 3 coaches at once.

Thread
04-23-2013, 11:46 PM
dafuq? lakers luck out again, they can fire dantoni without having to pay 3 coaches at once.

Makes you wonder if Stern had a hand in this. Not to say he forced Brown back in there, but, it wouldn't surprise me if he made some phone calls just to stir mutual interest. That money/coaching situation in Los Angeles was grim business and everyone knew it. This fully releases the pressure, even on D'Antoni. It's a regular set now.

TIMMYtoZO
04-23-2013, 11:56 PM
:lol This will certainly add to the speculation of Lebron "possibly returning to Cleveland." I can't wait to see Cavs fans burning his jersey when he decides to keep his talents in South Beach.

Jacob1983
04-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Potato Head is the best coach the Cavs have ever had. What's wrong with them bringing back their most successful coach? It's not his fault Lebron was a bitch in Cleveland.