PDA

View Full Version : When did the Warriors become the Lakers?

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Refs are treating them like the Lakers :ihit

spurs1990
04-23-2013, 10:35 PM
I want to see the Warriors win tonight. Nothing more would help the Spurs than having a tired Denver team reeling from a long series.

Budkin
04-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Man this is the kind of shit we would have had to deal with had we played them. The Jarrett Jack Jordan show. Glad it's not us.

TheGoldStandard
04-23-2013, 11:09 PM
I really think the refs have no idea what they're calling out there sometimes, they're just so used to blowing the whistle in certain situations that they stick with it and go through the motions.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-23-2013, 11:10 PM
I want to see the Warriors win tonight. Nothing more would help the Spurs than having a tired Denver team reeling from a long series.

We would beat the Nuggets regardless. Enough of this damn FEAR. For Christ's sake.

freetiago
04-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Denver monkeyballers get the OKC treatment tbh
just run into someone and throw hands up
free throws
0 offensive game outside the paint

Sean Cagney
04-23-2013, 11:22 PM
We would beat the Nuggets regardless. Enough of this damn FEAR. For Christ's sake.

Yeah, Spurs fans were scared to play LAL, GSW and Houston in round one, a bunch of chickens wanting to DODGE everyone out there. Just play who you play, if you are good enough you win.

TJastal
04-23-2013, 11:32 PM
:lmao @ ppl still thinking the nuggets will advance to the 2nd round.

TJastal
04-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Man this is the kind of shit we would have had to deal with had we played them. The Jarrett Jack Jordan show. Glad it's not us.

Prepare for the Curry/Jack show in round 2. That's assuming the spurs make it that far.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Spurs fans were scared to play LAL, GSW and Houston in round one, a bunch of chickens wanting to DODGE everyone out there. Just play who you play, if you are good enough you win.

Exactly. If you want to win it all, you have to beat the best. No I'm not saying the Spurs will win it all. I'm saying IF....

Man In Black
04-24-2013, 12:00 AM
GSW has a history of getting a beatdown at the hands of the Spurs. The team led by TD has an unreal winning pct against the Warriors. If they advance, they have a huge mountain to climb.

Mugen
04-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Looks like this series is going at least 6 games. Good news if the Spurs are to advance.

will_spurs
04-24-2013, 12:09 AM
GSW has a history of getting a beatdown at the hands of the Spurs. The team led by TD has an unreal winning pct against the Warriors. If they advance, they have a huge mountain to climb.

In the Duncan era, the Spurs won 50 of their 59 games against GSW (85%). Sadly, 2 out of those 9 losses happened this year...

Sean Cagney
04-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Looks like this series is going at least 6 games. Good news if the Spurs are to advance.

I hope we sweep man! I really do! I doubt it as I said 5 but man I wish the Spurs would sweep.
In the Duncan era, the Spurs won 50 of their 59 games against GSW (85%). Sadly, 2 out of those 9 losses happened this year...

SMH, this year nothing surprised me.

Mugen
04-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I hope we sweep man! I really do! I doubt it as I said 5 but man I wish the Spurs would sweep.

Doubt we sweep as well unless Parker reverts back to MVP level TP.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2013, 12:29 AM
:lol Spurs would destroy Golden State, I'm willing to bet any amount of money on it, tbh..

Nuggets aren't a concern, as I've been saying all year..they have an abundance of flaws that were waiting to be exposed by any coach that thoroughly studied the game tape in the playoffs..also, they are a team that relies on their energy during the regular season, but opposing teams will match their effort during the playoffs..

siraulo23
04-24-2013, 12:40 AM
holy f, warriors shot 65% from the field???

thats video game shit right there

Cry Havoc
04-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Refs are treating them like the Lakers :ihit

Nuggets shot 37 FTs.

Golden State shot 20 FTs.

Normally I wouldn't point to FT disparity as an indicator, but in this case, holy shit you guys shot twice as many free throws and still lost. How about playing some defense?

cjw
04-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Prepare for the Curry/Jack show in round 2. That's assuming the spurs make it that far.

Spurs actually have a half court offense. Duncan + Splitter will force them to play a lot of Landry / Ezeli with Bogut and they won't be able to fall back on small ball with Barnes at the 4. While we're talking about Barnes, that reverse dunk in the fourth was ridiculous. Great game by him.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Nuggs shot 36 free throws to the Warriors 20. Warrios called for 32 fouls to the Nuggets 22. Thread = fail. Wrong forum as well, tbh

jestersmash
04-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Nuggets shot 37 FTs.

Golden State shot 20 FTs.

Normally I wouldn't point to FT disparity as an indicator, but in this case, holy shit you guys shot twice as many free throws and still lost. How about playing some defense?

Nah it's pretty consistent. I've always ranked the Nuggets up there just behind the likes of OKC as one of the most ref-coddled teams in the league, although I have no idea why. My gut feeling is that it's an homage to Geroge Karl for his seniority or something, but I honestly have no idea.

But GSW shooting 64% from the field and 56% from 3 is impressive.

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 02:15 AM
No disrespect to Nugfan but with the FT disparity and fouls called like that, how can you complain tbh.

will_spurs
04-24-2013, 02:31 AM
I only caught the 4th quarter but I was thinking exactly the opposite of the OP: Denver was 10 points down and repeatedly going to the line, to the point that I thought the refs were trying to keep the Nuggets in the game.

jestersmash
04-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Oh I assumed this topic was made sarcastically.

TJastal
04-24-2013, 03:08 AM
:lol Spurs would destroy Golden State, I'm willing to bet any amount of money on it, tbh..

Nuggets aren't a concern, as I've been saying all year..they have an abundance of flaws that were waiting to be exposed by any coach that thoroughly studied the game tape in the playoffs..also, they are a team that relies on their energy during the regular season, but opposing teams will match their effort during the playoffs..

What do you consider "destroy"? If the spurs make it to round 2 ...and that's far from certain... I'd bet you $100 that the warriors would take the spurs to a 6th or 7th game. That's a fair bet, no?

Bet details: $100

You win if the spurs advance past the lakers and the warriors do not make it to round 2...or...they both make it and the spurs make short work of them, in 5 games or less.

I win if G.S advances and spurs do not...or if they both advance and G.S takes it to at least a 6th game.

Neither one wins if both teams fail to make the 2nd round.

What say you?

TJastal
04-24-2013, 03:15 AM
No disrespect to Nugfan but with the FT disparity and fouls called like that, how can you complain tbh.

Whiny nugget fan per par. Doesn't surprise me. The league loves to coddle its poor ghetto trash monkeyballers. Just wait until Howard gets some help surrounding him and figures out how to shoot a free throw. That's the only reason he doesn't go to the line 20+times a night.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 03:43 AM
What do you consider "destroy"? If the spurs make it to round 2 ...and that's far from certain... I'd bet you $100 that the warriors would take the spurs to a 6th or 7th game. That's a fair bet, no?

You win if the spurs advance past the lakers and the warriors do not make it to round 2...or...they both make it and the spurs make short work of them, in 5 games or less.

I win if G.S advances and spurs do not...or if they both advance and G.S takes it to at least a 6th game.

What say you?

bad bet for you tbh. he has more outs than you do. spurs are a lock to advance, dubs a question mark with david lee out. and if they make it, spurs own warriors soul, and again, david lee out. sure, his defense is bad, but if they bump landry to the starting 5 (which i presume they'd do against the Spurs) their bench becomes god awful

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 03:45 AM

such as being a run n gun team that can't shoot :lmao

TJastal
04-24-2013, 04:28 AM
bad bet for you tbh. he has more outs than you do. spurs are a lock to advance, dubs a question mark with david lee out. and if they make it, spurs own warriors soul, and again, david lee out. sure, his defense is bad, but if they bump landry to the starting 5 (which i presume they'd do against the Spurs) their bench becomes god awful

Lee being out isn't as big a deal with Bogut back. It's more than a fair bet seeing as G.S has already lost 1 game. Spurs / lakers is not a lock...the Blake / Nash combo could heat up anytime and Gasol could wake up from his hibernation and remember how to play like an all star.

That said I fully expect a no-show from Harlem or some excuse not to take the bet.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Lee being out isn't as big a deal with Bogut back. It's more than a fair bet seeing as G.S has already lost 1 game. Spurs / lakers is not a lock...the Blake / Nash combo could heat up anytime and Gasol could wake up from his hibernation and remember how to play like an all star.

That said I fully expect a no-show from Harlem or some excuse not to take the bet.
The Lakers series is a joke. They were a mediocre team clawing for the playoffs WITH Kobe. They're done.

And Lee not a factor with Bogut back? Lee got them 20 efficient points a game. Matador defense? yeah, but he's still a positive out there, and Bogut plays a completely different role than Lee anyway. They just threw out a starting lineup with Curry, Jack, Thompson, Barnes, and Bogut. Thats a tiny lineup. Against the Spurs they'd be forced to start Landry and only have fetus off the bench as a big. The Spurs would crush that team without David Lee. I'd be willing to take your bet

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 05:29 AM

If you'd do an ELE bet then I'd do it with those circumstances.

boutons_deux
04-24-2013, 05:37 AM
It's a business. Every playoff game is $1M+ product to sell. The last thing NBA wants is a series of 4 or 5 games.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Sorry peeps, didn't realise I posted this upstairs :lol

I was just venting from early in the game with those 2 ridiculous charge calls.

It's all good. Nuggs got this in 6. I GUARANSHEED they win game 3. This ain't the chokericks from 2007.

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Sorry peeps, didn't realise I posted this upstairs :lol

I was just venting from early in the game with those 2 ridiculous charge calls.

It's all good. Nuggs got this in 6. I GUARANSHEED they win game 3. This ain't the chokericks from 2007.

See ya in the semis :hat

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2013, 06:04 AM

What say you?

Sounds good, tbh..

TJastal
04-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Sounds good, tbh..

Glad you stepped up, HH. As far as the others who wanted in on the action (spurraider, 100%Duncan) I'll take some of your action too.

Harlemheat: $100
Spurraider: $100
100%Duncan: ELE

Good luck to the winners.... may the best armchair analyst win! (Notice the singular use).

chapnis
04-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Damn that's a good bet on the Spurs side of it. Warriors probably won't even make it out of the first round.

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Glad you stepped up, HH. As far as the others who wanted in on the action (spurraider, 100%Duncan) I'll take some of your action too.

Good luck to the winners.... may the best armchair analyst win! (Notice the singular use).

Details to det ELE bet tbh.

spurspokesman
04-24-2013, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=ThaBigFundamental21;6504017]We would beat the Nuggets regardless. Lets get past the lakers first

rmt
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
It's not a matter of fear. GSW/DEN having a long series gives TP time to get healthy. Whichever team wins hopefully will be banged up - just as TD is banged up from defending DH (he said he was sore in his interview).

Legacy
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM

But you called Lakers in 6 in the "Call your Shot..." thread?? :lol

Legacy
04-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Lets get past the lakers first

Agreed. :toast

elec99
04-24-2013, 10:24 AM
After seeing both teams play game 2 I am not afraid of either despite the speed and shooting. There are virtually no basketball plays being called! It's inbound the ball, get across timeline, dribble 3 times with amazing speed, then elevate and shoot.

If you have a defender then pass to someone else to elevate and shoot. Rinse and repeat.

37 fts for denver vs 20 for GSW btw

EVAY
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
With David Lee out for GS, I don't see them beating the Nuggs in this series. If we get past the Lakers, I expect to see Denver and a bunch of beatings on our guys.

elec99
04-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Let's hope they can make a 7 game series out of this.

snickles
04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
With David Lee out for GS, I don't see them beating the Nuggs in this series. If we get past the Lakers, I expect to see Denver and a bunch of beatings on our guys.

i don't know. dubs have HCA now, and dont forget denver has some injuries on their front line. gallanari (sp?) is out and feriend (lol sp? again) is banged up.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 12:19 PM

Cool. Popping my ST bet cherry though, so how does this usually go down? What are the logistics when it comes to payout

look_at_g_shred
04-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Refs are treating them like the Thunder :ihit

fify

TJastal
04-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Cool. Popping my ST bet cherry though, so how does this usually go down? What are the logistics when it comes to payout

Well i was thinking paypal... but we can just bet for shoots s n giggles...if you prefer.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Well i was thinking paypal... but we can just bet for shoots s n giggles...if you prefer.
PayPal works

phxspurfan
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Nuggs got this in 6. I GUARANSHEED they win game 3. This ain't the chokericks from 2007.

This. Coach Karl will make some adjustments to guard Curry better and all of a sudden the Warriors won't shoot 65%. Nuggs in 6 or 7

TJastal
04-29-2013, 04:55 AM
This. Coach Karl will make some adjustments to guard Curry better and all of a sudden the Warriors won't shoot 65%. Nuggs in 6 or 7

How's them "adjustments" working out for the nuggies? ...

:lmao

phxspurfan
04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
How's them "adjustments" working out for the nuggies? ...

:lmao

lol you got me. Curry was too much yesterday. They need to bring back KMart to elbow him in the eye a couple times

spurraider21
05-02-2013, 02:29 AM

What say you?

The Lakers series is a joke. They were a mediocre team clawing for the playoffs WITH Kobe. They're done.

And Lee not a factor with Bogut back? Lee got them 20 efficient points a game. Matador defense? yeah, but he's still a positive out there, and Bogut plays a completely different role than Lee anyway. They just threw out a starting lineup with Curry, Jack, Thompson, Barnes, and Bogut. Thats a tiny lineup. Against the Spurs they'd be forced to start Landry and only have fetus off the bench as a big. The Spurs would crush that team without David Lee. I'd be willing to take your bet

If you'd do an ELE bet then I'd do it with those circumstances.

Sounds good, tbh..

bump. just wanted to make sure this doesn't get lost :hungry:

100%duncan
05-02-2013, 03:46 AM
TJastal gotta tell me the details bout det ELE though

TJastal
05-02-2013, 05:22 AM
TJastal gotta tell me the details bout det ELE though

I thought u were gonna tell me? :lol. Whatever I don't care... as long as I'm not stuck with some ridiculous sig for years on end. Tbh I'm more concerned about the $200 I've got riding on Curry's ankles..

100%duncan
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I thought u were gonna tell me? :lol. Whatever I don't care... as long as I'm not stuck with some ridiculous sig for years on end. Tbh I'm more concerned about the $200 I've got riding on Curry's ankles..

Idk tbh. You decide. :lol