PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Where are the idiots saying the celts were better without Rondo ?

FYM
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Probably gtg with the ones explaining the Grizz are better without Gay.

RS analysts :lol

Splits
04-23-2013, 10:48 PM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160235

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2013, 10:50 PM
If either of those teams had average players replacing them, they would be better than they were with those players, tbh..

Memphis's replacement is Tayshaun Prince, a guy that can't create his own offense, and even hurts your offense..if you replaced Prince with Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard, they would be better than they were with Gay IMO..

Boston's replacement is Avery Bradley, a guy that doesn't have any actual basketball skills, he's a monkey baller..if you replaced him with Jose Calderon or Isiah Thomas, they would be better than they were with stat-padding cancer Rondo..

jeebus
04-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Rondo would've found a way to get a triple double tonight

Clipper Nation
04-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Rondo would've found a way to get a triple double tonight

And the Celtics probably still would have lost since Rondo would sabotage their offense in an obvious attempt to pad those stats, tbh....

jeebus
04-23-2013, 11:02 PM
And the Celtics probably still would have lost since Rondo would sabotage their offense in an obvious attempt to pad those stats, tbh....
no audio but you don't need it to see the bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCz54qV4Cmo

FYM
04-23-2013, 11:03 PM
If either of those teams had average players replacing them, they would be better than they were with those players, tbh..

Memphis's replacement is Tayshaun Prince, a guy that can't create his own offense, and even hurts your offense..if you replaced Prince with Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard, they would be better than they were with Gay IMO..

Boston's replacement is Avery Bradley, a guy that doesn't have any actual basketball skills, he's a monkey baller..if you replaced him with Jose Calderon or Isiah Thomas, they would be better than they were with stat-padding cancer Rondo..

Except while rondo delivers in POs Calderon delivers pizzas in Canada. Rondo is a bitch during RS but celts should be pretty happy with in POs especially for the shitty contract he has (one of the bargain of the nba). So sorry to :lmao at your replace him with Calderon. I agree he is overrated but you're clearly reaching with Thomas / Calderon.

Memphis is lacking indeed a guy who can create his offense and gives spacing to their game. Kawhi is nice and all but he is still breast feed by Parker and/or Manu, he is still differing too much to be a good replacement to Gay IMHO.

ElNono
04-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Memphis is lacking indeed a guy who can create his offense and gives spacing to their game.

That's not Gay though. Gay was ISO ball, monkeyballing and chucking. Truth be told, what Memphis is really missing is the ZBo of a couple seasons ago. He's just a shadow of his former self right now.

Brunodf
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Grizzlies are better without Gay tbh. I never said the same thing about Rondo though

racm
04-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Except while rondo delivers in POs Calderon delivers pizzas in Canada. Rondo is a bitch during RS but celts should be pretty happy with in POs especially for the shitty contract he has (one of the bargain of the nba). So sorry to :lmao at your replace him with Calderon. I agree he is overrated but you're clearly reaching with Thomas / Calderon.

Memphis is lacking indeed a guy who can create his offense and gives spacing to their game. Kawhi is nice and all but he is still breast feed by Parker and/or Manu, he is still differing too much to be a good replacement to Gay IMHO.

I'm not that high on Gay but tbh, if he were still on his rookie contract I'd like him more.

Memphis' biggest mistake was giving him more money than LeBron.

racm
04-23-2013, 11:09 PM
That's not Gay though. Gay was ISO ball, monkeyballing and chucking. Truth be told, what Memphis is really missing is the ZBo of a couple seasons ago. He's just a shadow of his former self right now.

It sucks that a healthy ZBo had to play a gimpy Duncan.

2013 Duncan >>>>>> 2013 Randolph.

Thread
04-23-2013, 11:42 PM
That was a Media concoction on behalf of the Celtics organization to help brazen it out.

Venti Quattro
04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
:lol point guards

Latarian Milton
04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
boston just getting trounced by the better team time and time again, rondo wouldn't have made much different imho

JohnnyMax
04-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Zbo can't bully Griffin like he does Duncan

Griffin may suck on defense but he's too strong to push around

whitemamba
04-24-2013, 12:08 AM
I was one of the few that laughed at that, rondo is a good point guard, all this stat pad bull
shit is just people lookin for reasons to troll, pierce and Garnett need someone like rondo to get them easy buckets.

Kulo
04-24-2013, 12:21 AM
It's more of not having a proper PG on the roster, but we aren't better without Rondo (especially in the POs). He is still overrated though.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2013, 12:24 AM
I was one of the few that laughed at that, rondo is a good point guard, all this stat pad bull
shit is just people lookin for reasons to troll, pierce and Garnett need someone like rondo to get them easy buckets.

He would be all of that if he wasn't such a stat-padding whore.

Thread
04-24-2013, 12:50 AM
It's more of not having a proper PG on the roster, but we aren't better without Rondo (especially in the POs). He is still overrated though.

You can have any one player on our roster for him. Deal?

whitemamba
04-24-2013, 01:13 AM
He would be all of that if he wasn't such a stat-padding whore.

play of the celtics proves other wise.

Fergie The Florists
04-24-2013, 01:18 AM
http://myspacedesign.us/images/wallpaper-nwo-i6.jpg

freetiago
04-24-2013, 02:04 AM
Celtics went from a ball dominant PG system to no PG
of course theyll struggle
and in the past theyve barely gotten by some extremely weak teams
last year needed a horrible call to go their way in game 6 vs an injured Hawks team and the nba came out and apologized for the bad call
get taken to 7 games by an extremely weak philly team
play Miami without Bosh then as soon as he coms back they lose every game tbh
replace Rondo with any top 15 PG and theyll be a solid team
2nd round ceiling

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 03:45 AM
boston just getting trounced by the better team time and time again, rondo wouldn't have made much different imho

this.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 05:08 AM
just to be clear, does everybody else have that nwo faggot on their ignore list?

Koolaid_Man
04-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Now that my Lakers are out...I'm pulling for NY....I have fam there, spent many summers there plus I think it's time for Melo to step into his own...it's finally time for NY to win a chip...Plus NY has the best opportunity to defeat Lebron... and it would be salt in the would of that Lebron dick hopping HarlemHeat character...

The Spurs and Heat losing are my main concerns at the moment...after that I prefer every team in the West to lose except the Grizzles I would be happy with a Grizzles vs Knick finals....that's my dream scenario...

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 07:39 AM

Avery isn't really a "replacement" for Rondo... they both have vastly different skillsets. Avery should be our starting SG beside Rondo, not replacing him.

And I think Rondo has definitely knocked down some of this value this year. He needs to reevaluate his game, either develop a jumper or start driving to the rim more.

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 07:40 AM
You can have any one player on our roster for him. Deal?

Even Kobe? :stirpot:

Thread
04-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Even Kobe? :stirpot:

Did I stutter?

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Did I stutter?

:lol To be honest, that would be an interesting trade. Pierce, KG and Kobe would be a hell of a starting trio, and if anyone could keep him in check it would be those two. I think I'd pull the trigger on it. The one thing Boston desperately needs if offense, and Kobe has that still in spades. Then KG and Pierce could ease up a little on offense and save energy for defense. I guess JET could run the point, and Avery Bradley and Sullinger would be the first two off the bench.

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 07:48 AM
:lol To be honest, that would be an interesting trade. Pierce, KG and Kobe would be a hell of a starting trio, and if anyone could keep him in check it would be those two. I think I'd pull the trigger on it. The one thing Boston desperately needs if offense, and Kobe has that still in spades. Then KG and Pierce could ease up a little on offense and save energy for defense. I guess JET could run the point, and Avery Bradley and Sullinger would be the first two off the bench.

Damn. Salivating over a rival bruh.

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Damn. Salivating over a rival bruh.

Son, when your offense sucks as bad as ours, you have to make hard decisions. :lol

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Son, when your offense sucks as bad as ours, you have to make hard decisions. :lol

Well, :lmao

Brazil
04-24-2013, 08:23 AM
And I think Rondo has definitely knocked down some of this value this year. He needs to reevaluate his game, either develop a jumper or start driving to the rim more.

Sometimes people need to know what they want tbh. Rondo aggression in POs is fine, his laziness, stat padding RS form is not what he is doing in POs. Look what he did against Miami last year 21 ppg and almost 12 assists. This was against Miami the best perimeter D of the league with IIRC stretches when he was defended by Lebron.
Saying like I read that you replace him with a top 15 pg or Calderon and it's about the same doesn't make any sense

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Sometimes people need to know what they want tbh. Rondo aggression in POs is fine, his laziness, stat padding RS form is not what he is doing in POs. Look what he did against Miami last year 21 ppg and almost 12 assists. This was against Miami the best perimeter D of the league with IIRC stretches when he was defended by Lebron.
Saying like I read that you replace him with a top 15 pg or Calderon and it's about the same doesn't make any sense

True, but the implication that Rondo tries harder for the playoffs isn't exactly the best thing to hear. "Our guy is awesome! He plays his heart out in the postseason, when it matters!"

Brazil
04-24-2013, 09:44 AM
True, but the implication that Rondo tries harder for the playoffs isn't exactly the best thing to hear. "Our guy is awesome! He plays his heart out in the postseason, when it matters!"

yeah he could be more consistent but hear "Our guy is awesome! He plays his heart out in the postseason, when it matters!" is better than "Our guy sucks! He plays his heart out in the regular season but chokes when it matters!"

FYM
04-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm not that high on Gay but tbh, if he were still on his rookie contract I'd like him more.

Memphis' biggest mistake was giving him more money than LeBron.

I'm not high on Gay too but they need somebody capable to give them some offense especially in POs and Prince is not giving it