PDA

View Full Version : God kills 8 month old baby

RandomGuy
04-24-2013, 08:58 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me who is responsible here.

The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another of their children has died.
Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing.
Philadelphia Judge Benjamin Lerner said at a hearing they violated the most important condition of their probation: to seek medical care for their remaining children.
The Schaibles have yet to be charged in the death of the 8-month-old boy last week, after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for days. Authorities are awaiting autopsy results.
Catherine Schaible's lawyer says the couple are good parents, and that they are deeply distraught over the loss of another child.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/23/3359757/2nd-child-of-pa-couple-dies-after.html#storylink=cpy

Background information:

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
-----------------------------------

I just wonder when this guy will be brought up on charges. I would hate to be his defense lawyer and have such an uphill case to make.

boutons_deux
04-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Christ The Savior is happy in Roman Catholic El Salvador

In El Salvador, Yet Another Woman’s Life Subordinated to Non-Viable Fetus
Beatriz wants to live. A 22-year-old Salvadoran from a poor, rural community, Beatriz (a pseudonym to protect privacy) suffers from chronic and severe medical conditions (http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2013/04/18/1457039/piden-aborto-terapeutico-en-el.html). She is the mother of an infant. And she is roughly 18 weeks pregnant with an anencephalic fetus (http://www.lapagina.com.sv/nacionales/80467/2013/04/18/Corte-Suprema-admite-amparo-de-joven-que-pide-abortar), a fetus without a brain. Doctors at the Maternity Hospital determined that the pregnancy is life-threatening (http://www.lapagina.com.sv/nacionales/80467/2013/04/18/Corte-Suprema-admite-amparo-de-joven-que-pide-abortar), and Beatriz requested that Salvadoran medical personnel perform an abortion, but a 1998 law in El Salvador prohibits all abortions, without exception. (http://www.contrapunto.com.sv/derechos-humanos/legalizacion-del-aborto-por-camino-negativo)

Under current law, both Beatriz and any medical personnel involved in an abortion would face criminal charges (http://www.laprensagrafica.com/Piden-a-Sala-de-lo-Constitucional-amparo-para-aborto-terapeutico-a-joven) and prison time.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/04/24/in-el-salvador-yet-another-womans-life-subordinated-to-non-viable-fetus/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rhrealitycheck+%28RH+Reality+ Check%29

Drachen
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
what did the kid actually die of?

DarrinS
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
These people are dumb. Thanks for posting.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2013, 09:22 AM
They're not dumb. They just have unwavering faith in god and he failed them, tbh.

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
If there were a (just) God, he would've struck the parents with that sickness instead.

DarrinS
04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Lol @ this comment below article posted in OP

"Their lawyer says they're good parents, except for the whole dead kids thing.
But wait; doctors are not good but lwayers are OK? Why not just pray that they can keep their sorry butts out of jail?"

DarrinS
04-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Why hasn't evolution killed off these people by now?

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2013, 09:51 AM

Gubbamint programs that assist these types of people impede evolution :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2013, 09:52 AM
And also what I refer to as "The flaw of darwinism" is stupid people tend to have more kids than smart people.

DarrinS
04-24-2013, 09:56 AM
And also what I refer to as "The flaw of darwinism" is stupid people tend to have more kids than smart people.

Can't disagree with that

Bill_Brasky
04-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm glad these stupid **** people's stupid **** kids died.

DarrinS
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Gubbamint programs that assist these types of people impede evolution :lol

Don't get racial :lol

DarrinS
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm glad these stupid **** people's stupid **** kids died.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? Kids don't get to chose their parents.

GoodOdor
04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Doesn't the Bible have a verse where it says something like "a true believer can drink poison and go un-harmed?(Blake?) clearly the parents just didn't pray hard enough:cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Doesn't the Bible have a verse where it says something like "a true believer can drink poison and go un-harmed?(Blake?) clearly the parents just didn't pray hard enough:cry

Either that or this is one of those times where god is "testing their faith"

Drachen
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Either that or this is one of those times where god is "testing their faith"

well He was a total douchebag to Job, his best bud....

rjv
04-24-2013, 11:47 AM
random guy is a fundamentalist atheist ?

RandomGuy
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM

Props for that. Very clever bit. :lol

Seven other kids. It is Idiocracy in action....

RandomGuy
04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
random guy is a fundamentalist atheist ?

Not quite.

I am fairly laid back about being an atheist for the most part, until people try rationalizing slaughtering children, or stupid shits like the couple in the OP end up killing babies in the name of their beliefs.

Background:
Christian apologist rationalizing the slaughter and drowning of children:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205298&page=12&p=6197414&viewfull=1#post6197414

That kind of rank dishonesty and immorality rankles, and I will make no apologies for getting a tad worked up, especially when the harm is so obvious, as in the OP.

LnGrrrR
04-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Lol @ this comment below article posted in OP

"Their lawyer says they're good parents, except for the whole dead kids thing.
But wait; doctors are not good but lwayers are OK? Why not just pray that they can keep their sorry butts out of jail?"

:lmao Thanks for finding this DarrinS. Good point.

Blake
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM

It decided their kids die first

Drachen
04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
RandomGuy God works in mysterious ways... Maybe he killed this child so that the other 7 could be separated from their wackadoo parents.

Blake
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM

Mark 16

14*Afterward he (Jesus) appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15*And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16*He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be
damned.
17*And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18*They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

rjv
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Background:
Christian apologist rationalizing the slaughter and drowning of children:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205298&page=12&p=6197414&viewfull=1#post6197414

That kind of rank dishonesty and immorality rankles, and I will make no apologies for getting a tad worked up, especially when the harm is so obvious, as in the OP.

thanks for sharing. for some reason though, i recalled the saint- fond of sade.

elbamba
04-24-2013, 03:00 PM
It seems pretty obvious to me who is responsible here.

It seems pretty obvious they just didn't have enough faith. Like God would never answer a prayer.

Blake
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
It seems pretty obvious they just didn't have enough faith. Like God would never answer a prayer.

Mustard seeds have incredible amounts of faith, apparently

elbamba
04-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Mustard seeds have incredible amounts of faith, apparently

Tastes good on my lunch at least.

Blake
04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Tastes good on my lunch at least.

High in faith and fiber

spursncowboys
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Props for that. Very clever bit. :lol

Seven other kids. It is Idiocracy in action....
Did they have electrolytes?

Drachen
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Did they have electrolytes?

Everyone can stop posting here, SpursNCowboys just won the thread.

Nbadan
04-24-2013, 11:36 PM
What a shameful thread....RG blaming God for the death of a child....

Latarian Milton
04-25-2013, 01:51 AM
doctors would've killed their baby even faster and got away free of charge. science has deceived more people than any religion has tbh

Woo Bum-kon
04-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Why didn't God save the child?

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 08:00 AM

You're a disgrace to other liberals, tbh.

symple19
04-25-2013, 08:11 AM
You're a disgrace to other liberals, tbh.

Have you noticed the connection between people who have faith in god (no tangible evidence he exists) also seem to be more likely to have faith in ridiculous conspiracy theories (no tangible evidence they exist, either)

Mouse, Nbadan etc

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Have you noticed the connection between people who have faith in god (no tangible evidence he exists) also seem to be more likely to have faith in ridiculous conspiracy theories (no tangible evidence they exist, either)

Mouse, Nbadan etc

Yup, it inspires faith-based backwards logic in areas completely unrelated to religion. It's how the ultra-rich in this country are able to convince so many people supply side economics work, because it's basically faith-based economics :lol

The tea party still has faith that cutting taxes for the rich will somehow put more money in their pockets when they don't have a pot to piss in and taxes for the rich are at their lowest since the great depression :lol

Big Empty
04-25-2013, 12:06 PM
In the science world, death is a part of life. Its normal no matter how tragic whether through cancer or a drive by. With religion people always asked why God didnt save the person. Why? If God exist then this place called Heaven exist. Why arnt we happy for that baby? The world is full of greed evil and crazy people. Thats how i look at it.

ElNono
02-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Faith-healing Philadelphia couple sent to prison for sick son's death
By Michael Muskal
February 19, 2014, 4:14 p.m.

A Philadelphia couple who lost a second son by trying to cure him with prayer instead of science have been sentenced to prison in the death of the boy, who was ill with pneumonia but never saw a physician.

Judge Benjamin Lerner sentenced Herbert and Catherine Schaible to 3 1/2 to 7 years in prison. They pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in the death of their 8-month-old son, Brandon, avoiding a trial and the maximum sentence of 20 to 40 years in prison.

“April of 2013 wasn't Brandon's time to die,” Lerner said, noting the violence committed throughout human history in the name of religion.

“You've killed two of your children.… Not God. Not your church. Not religious devotion — you,” he said in court, according to media reports.

Experts say about a dozen U.S. children die in faith-healing cases each year, but multiple deaths in one family is rarer. “I have never seen in my career a case like this,” Lerner said in handing down the sentence.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-philadelphia-faith-healing-couple-sentenced-20140219,0,1459596.story

Winehole23
02-20-2014, 02:46 AM
for good and for ill, the power of belief is strong.

ElNono
02-20-2014, 02:58 AM
and sometimes extremely dangerous...

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2014, 03:01 AM
could they afford the medical bills?

ElNono
02-20-2014, 03:03 AM
could they afford the medical bills?

You can still take the kid to a hospital regardless...

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2014, 03:06 AM
You can still take the kid to a hospital regardless...

yeah and then possibly be buried in medical bills

ElNono
02-20-2014, 03:16 AM
yeah and then possibly be buried in medical bills

you can always declare bankruptcy and start over. I mean, this is the life of your child. Money shouldn't enter the equation, IMO.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2014, 04:10 AM
you can always declare bankruptcy and start over. I mean, this is the life of your child. Money shouldn't enter the equation, IMO.

i thought bush got rid of that

ElNono
02-20-2014, 09:57 AM

Uh?

Bill_Brasky
02-20-2014, 10:14 AM
I'd cash in the Roth to save my kid man. Of course you fucking take the kid to the hospital.

boutons_deux
02-20-2014, 10:47 AM

no, Repugs forced people wanting to declare personal bankruptcy into for-profit bankruptcy advisors' clutches before they could declare bankruptcy.

The idea was the for-profit scammers, pocketing $100s in fees, might be able to avoid bankruptcy and protect the lenders, creditors, banks profits. The for-profit scammers got their fees but nearly NEVER were able to forestall the bankruptcies.

What Repugs got rid of is personal bankruptcy cancelling college loans.

After personal bankruptcy, debt collectors can chase you for college loan debt until your death, and then go after your estate and family for your college loans.

I think there's about $10B in college loans outstanding among boomers.

Blake
02-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I'd cash in the Roth to save my kid man. Of course you fucking take the kid to the hospital.

No doubt but no need to burn the IRA.

Take them to the ER. Get the doctor bill and just make a small payment every month.

Big mistake I've seen people make is thinking they need to pay a medical bill with a credit card or retirement money.

DarrinS
02-20-2014, 12:10 PM
By Michael Muskal

A Philadelphia couple who lost a second son by trying to cure him with prayer instead of science have been sentenced to prison in the death of the boy, who was ill with pneumonia but never saw a physician.

Judge Benjamin Lerner sentenced Herbert and Catherine Schaible to 3 1/2 to 7 years in prison. They pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in the death of their 8-month-old son, Brandon, avoiding a trial and the maximum sentence of 20 to 40 years in prison.

“April of 2013 wasn't Brandon's time to die,” Lerner said, noting the violence committed throughout human history in the name of religion.

“You've killed two of your children.… Not God. Not your church. Not religious devotion — you,” he said in court, according to media reports.

Experts say about a dozen U.S. children die in faith-healing cases each year, but multiple deaths in one family is rarer. “I have never seen in my career a case like this,” Lerner said in handing down the sentence.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-philadelphia-faith-healing-couple-sentenced-20140219,0,1459596.story

Justice served

rascal
02-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Why didn't God save the child?

He did. The child is in heaven now.

Blake
02-20-2014, 12:32 PM
He did. The child is in heaven now.

As a baby?

Blake
02-20-2014, 12:34 PM
By Michael Muskal

did they also get convicted for the first son's death?

rascal
02-20-2014, 12:52 PM
As a baby?

Nope, as an adult

baseline bum
02-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Nope, as an adult

How? Did he go out and get laid in heaven, son? Do they have pussy in heaven?

Blake
02-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Nope, as an adult

Well, I guess when his parents die and get there, he can ask them why they let him die

rascal
02-20-2014, 02:42 PM
How? Did he go out and get laid in heaven, son? Do they have pussy in heaven?

You get a new body. No one has any disabilities. There are no babies in Heaven. Who is going to want to be a baby through eternity? No sex in Heaven and you won't miss it because you won't have any sex organs or hormones. You will be above the physical desires of the flesh. It is a new spiritual world.

rascal
02-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Well, I guess when his parents die and get there, he can ask them why they let him die

You don't have a clue about anything. He is in a good place, is happy and has already accepted the fact that he died and he has full understanding of how his parents thought, he is above any animosity towards his parents and will be eagerly awaiting for them to meet up with him.

Blake
02-20-2014, 02:59 PM
You don't have a clue about anything. He is in a good place, is happy and has already accepted the fact that he died and he has full understanding of how his parents thought, he is above any animosity towards his parents and will be eagerly awaiting for them to meet up with him.

I like how God forces happiness on people in Heaven

ElNono
02-20-2014, 04:31 PM
did they also get convicted for the first son's death?

They were on probation for that IIRC... this looks like a plea deal, so it might involve both, but not sure

ElNono
02-20-2014, 04:32 PM
You don't have a clue about anything.

This is pretty ironic :lol

SnakeBoy
02-20-2014, 04:47 PM
They should have killed those kids in the womb instead of letting them die of natural causes.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2014, 05:37 PM
So the afterlife of Jesus worshipers is basically what Heaven's Gate members lived on Earth: sexless, delirious cult members.

The Muslims might actually be onto something here.

RandomGuy
02-20-2014, 05:46 PM

Can he leave heaven if he wanted to?

I imagine after the first trillion years of singing hymns, it might get a bit boring.

DisAsTerBot
02-20-2014, 05:53 PM
yeah what happens if you don't want to live a sexless eternity?

ElNono
02-20-2014, 08:15 PM
They should have killed those kids in the womb instead of letting them die of natural causes.

maybe they prayed for a natural abortion and it didn't pan out either...