PDA

View Full Version : S.E.C. Is Asked to Require Disclosure of Donations

ElNono
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
The Securities and Exchange Commission may soon make publicly traded corporations disclose all of their political donations, and business groups are already preparing a counterattack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/us/politics/sec-is-asked-to-make-companies-disclose-donations.html?hp

boutons_deux
04-24-2013, 01:38 PM
This is too good to be true, and won't happen, Mary Jo/SEC will wimp out in face of corporate lobbying

coyotes_geek
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
I hope they do it. Seeing a lot of shareholder proposals on my proxies these days about requiring companys to disclose their contributions. They all fail, unfortunately, but some of them have come close.

TeyshaBlue
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I hope they do it. Seeing a lot of shareholder proposals on my proxies these days about requiring companys to disclose their contributions. They all fail, unfortunately, but some of them have come close.

Yup. The SEC seems fairly determined this time around too.

ElNono
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
from TFA:

On Thursday, in a bid to block any new rule, House Republicans introduced legislation that would make it illegal for the agency to issue any political disclosure regulations applying to companies under its jurisdiction.

cue bubbas rant...

boutons_deux
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
anti-American Repugs aggressively doing the bidding of their 1%/VRWC paymasters.