PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: If Jim Buss keeps Mike D'antoni

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 10:55 PM
People should protest infront of Staples Center...seriously WTF happened to this organization? I would rather an LG'er take over the organization over that coke head

Venti Quattro
04-24-2013, 10:58 PM
People should protest infront of Staples Center...seriously WTF happened to this organization? I would rather an LG'er take over the organization over that coke head

Are you kidding bro? Jim Buss's intelligence level is the same of an average poster on LG. Both are below sea level when it comes to mental aptitude.

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Are you kidding bro? Jim Buss's intelligence level is the same of an average poster on LG. Both are below sea level when it comes to mental aptitude.

It's just depressing man...since I was a kid I always wondered what this organization would look like someday without Dr. Buss. I hope this is just a fluke year or perhaps a learning lesson. All troll bullshit aside I am a die hard Laker fan...but this year is proof that Buss is a FUCKING moron

Venti Quattro
04-24-2013, 11:02 PM
It's just depressing man...since I was a kid I always wondered what this organization would look like someday without Dr. Buss. I hope this is just a fluke year or perhaps a learning lesson. All troll bullshit aside I am a die hard Laker fan...but this year is proof that Buss is a FUCKING moron
Jerry should have given the keys to Jeanie. It's like having Phil run the Lakers. Instead, he gives it to cokehead Jimmy.......

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Jerry should have the keys to Jeanie. It's like having Phil run the Lakers. Instead, he gives it to cokehead Jimmy.......

Yeah seriously, imagine Jeannie in charge and Phil being a part of the front office or head coach and Jim could be in charge of janitorial positions. I really wanted to like Jim Buss but I knew something was wrong when last year he refused to trade Bynum until his dad and Mitch had to have a long chat with him.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah seriously, imagine Jeannie in charge and Phil being a part of the front office or head coach and Jim could be in charge of janitorial positions. I really wanted to like Jim Buss but I knew something was wrong when last year he refused to trade Bynum until his dad and Mitch had to have a long chat with him.

He hired Mike Brown when Rick Adelman could be had. That says a lot about his competence as a front-office guy.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Jim Buss is the Al Davis of the NBA.

granted, the senile Al Davis that kept my Raiders down. Jerry was the old Al Davis that built the Raiders

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Jerry should have given the keys to Jeanie. It's like having Phil run the Lakers. Instead, he gives it to cokehead Jimmy.......

it's like that movie gladiator when marcus aurellius tells his daughter "I wish you were born a man." Dr. Buss was right not to put a woman in charge. But he raised a retard in place of her. Back on topic now that the lakers won't be on the hook for mike brown's contract they have no reason to keep D'antoni.

jeebus
04-24-2013, 11:16 PM
He hired Mike Brown when Rick Adelman could be had. That says a lot about his competence as a front-office guy.
Don't forget he hired _'antoni while PJ could be had

lefty
04-24-2013, 11:17 PM
what happened ?

People thought Kupcake was as good as Jerry West

Venti Quattro
04-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Don't forget he hired _'antoni while PJ could be had

Yes! Their reason was :cry :cry Phil was gonna take over the organization :cry :cry

That man coached the Lakers to five championships and is the only guy on the planet that could coach Kobe Bryant. You give him everything, you motherfuckers.

ElNono
04-24-2013, 11:21 PM
:lol Nash limping and don't give a shit

:lol can't exploit a Bonner-Blair frontcourt with Gasol-Dwight

:lol waiting to get fired so he can go con another team

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 11:21 PM
what happened ?

People thought Kupcake was as good as Jerry West

Who said anything about Mitch? We talking bout that Jimmy boy

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2013, 11:22 PM
You're not getting phil he ain't working for baby buss. It's about respect.

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 11:22 PM
http://l.wigflip.com/jGiemMEt/roflbot.jpg

jeebus
04-24-2013, 11:23 PM
http://l.wigflip.com/jGiemMEt/roflbot.jpg
if he hasn't paid for his basketball reasons, he can't demand to see Jimmy

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Holy fuck...is this guy for fucking real?!!!!

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 27s
D'Antoni gave SAS credit for playing efficiently, but said the (proverbial) series doesn't start until a team loses at home.

baseline bum
04-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Holy fuck...is this guy for fucking real?!!!!

Wow, so Pringles is gonna start the series down 3-0? A big task ahead of him.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2013, 11:32 PM
So he's waiting for the Lakers to lose at home?

DMC
04-24-2013, 11:45 PM
I think it's funny Durant gets fined for using the knife to the throat gesture but the commentators constantly mention blood in the water, massacre, murder, no regard for human life... attacks.... I mean there are children watching.

StrengthAndHonor
04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
D'Antoni can win. He just needs the right players to make his system work. Don't dump him yet. No coach would bring this Lakers team to redemption. Yes, not even Phil Jackson. He didn't in 2011 (?) what makes you think he can do it now with basically half your roster either limping, hobbling or broken up. JVG, SVG, B-Shaw. Name your favorites none of them would give you guys success.

Spoelstra, Rivers and to a lesser degree that coach in Dallas were all unproven commodities at one point but they won. Brooks is horrible but if it wasn't for Lebron, there's a good chance OKC wouldve been last year's champions. Coaches are overrated nowadays tbh. Pop is great but he hasn't won squat in half a decade.

Buss needs to stick to D'Antoni for one more year and a full season of training camp. Ask Mitch to make smarter decisions, he got tangled up witht hat Super Team mentality instead he stacked his roster with older players. So, get your shooters, get younger, get smarter players and quicker. Dump Gasol, Artest, Jamison and ask Steve Nash politely to retire (unlikely though).

Korver, Reddick. Korver, Tony Wroten, Milsap are a few players that they can acquire. That's a solid start. I look at this Lakers team and really, if you remove Artest and if Nash and Kobe are healthy, they're just a solid bench away from competing with the best.

Thebesteva
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
D'Antoni can win. He just needs the right players to make his system work. Don't dump him yet. No coach would bring this Lakers team to redemption. Yes, not even Phil Jackson. He didn't in 2011 (?) what makes you think he can do it now with basically half your roster either limping, hobbling or broken up. JVG, SVG, B-Shaw. Name your favorites none of them would give you guys success.

Spoelstra, Rivers and to a lesser degree that coach in Dallas were all unproven commodities at one point but they won. Brooks is horrible but if it wasn't for Lebron, there's a good chance OKC wouldve been last year's champions. Coaches are overrated nowadays tbh. Pop is great but he hasn't won squat in half a decade.

Buss needs to stick to D'Antoni for one more year and a full season of training camp. Ask Mitch to make smarter decisions, he got tangled up witht hat Super Team mentality instead he stacked his roster with older players. So, get your shooters, get younger, get smarter players and quicker. Dump Gasol, Artest, Jamison and ask Steve Nash politely to retire (unlikely though).

Korver, Reddick. Korver, Tony Wroten, Milsap are a few players that they can acquire. That's a solid start. I look at this Lakers team and really, if you remove Artest and if Nash and Kobe are healthy, they're just a solid bench away from competing with the best.

LOL nigga please...you're just happy the Lakers will suck forever with D'antoni.

djohn2oo8
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM

lol D'antoni doesn't give a fuck about defense. That's why he won't win.

spurraider21
04-25-2013, 12:01 AM
lol D'antoni doesn't give a fuck about defense. That's why he won't win.
he practices defense for 7 seconds or less tbh

StrengthAndHonor
04-25-2013, 12:06 AM
He can win a lot more games, but he's not winning a championship for sure. :lol

Here's the thing. Let's be realistic. Miami, OKC and perhaps Clippers will own this league in the next 3-4 years. Perhaps Chicago too when Rose comes back or even New York. I have nothing but respect for Kobe, but as long as he's the designated driver offensively, they're not going to win a title anymore. His ship has sailed. Dwight is just not ready for prime time and until the Lakers acquire another Superstar that compliments Dwight's game, they will always be a 2nd tier team.

Again, the Lakers can still compete, sure, but forget about winning a title anytime soon. They are practically like the Spurs. they can make some noise in the regular season but that's as far as they go.

mercos
04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
The Lakers biggest problem is that they are star chasers. They had two great pieces to build around in Kobe and Gasol. Bynum was looking like he was going to be the third superstar, but health kept him down. Rather than trade him for an injured drama queen in Dwight Howard, they should have gotten multiple pieces to build around what they had. I didn't like the Chris Paul deal a few years ago either. I don't think he would have played well with Kobe, as both are ball dominant guards.

D'antoni is not a championship coach, but the Lakers don't have a championship roster either. Coaching is important, but even the best coaches need the right players.

Thebesteva
04-25-2013, 12:29 AM
The Lakers biggest problem is that they are star chasers. They had two great pieces to build around in Kobe and Gasol. Bynum was looking like he was going to be the third superstar, but health kept him down. Rather than trade him for an injured drama queen in Dwight Howard, they should have gotten multiple pieces to build around what they had. I didn't like the Chris Paul deal a few years ago either. I don't think he would have played well with Kobe, as both are ball dominant guards.

D'antoni is not a championship coach, but the Lakers don't have a championship roster either. Coaching is important, but even the best coaches need the right players.

There's truth to what you're saying and many Laker fans have made the same claim. However, I think the real problem is they didnt do what experts like Magic said 2 years ago, instead of blowing the team up they decided to go the dramatic Laker route and go after D12 and CP3. This of course sounds way smarter and sexier at the time than rebuilding.

It just didn't work out the right way and as you said, there's no TEAM anymore it's just a bunch of names and pieces that don't fit.

Latarian Milton
04-25-2013, 03:01 AM
not to say he has to pay an excess of 80m something tax. hard to say who's the worse owner between him and cuban tbh, at least cuban has put his team in a good position to rebuild itself.

Thread
04-25-2013, 04:01 AM
Without Jim Buss it's 4-3 Duncan. Ipso facto:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Thebesteva
04-25-2013, 04:24 AM
not to say he has to pay an excess of 80m something tax. hard to say who's the worse owner between him and cuban tbh, at least cuban has put his team in a good position to rebuild itself.

I think its obvious Jerry as the worst owner. If I'm not mistaken, he basically took over in 2011, and I'm not gonna beat him up for not making it to the finals but rather the poor decisions after poor decisions he continued to make.

He (in reality Mitch) looked like a genius in getting rid of Andrew Bynum, but that's about the ONLY move I have liked in his 2 years with the team. I was scorched by Laker fans when I said getting Nash is nice but he doesnt fit the team and they should have gone with younger and faster like Ramon Sessions. I dunno, Laker fans are not the brightest folk. They really thought we were getting a solid, 20ppg, 10apg Nash.

Thread
04-25-2013, 04:30 AM
He (in reality Mitch) looked like a genius in getting rid of Andrew Bynum

That's the elephant in the room, especially for Media. They had the story writ already.

It happens.

StrengthAndHonor
04-25-2013, 11:26 AM
There's truth to what you're saying and many Laker fans have made the same claim. However, I think the real problem is they didnt do what experts like Magic said 2 years ago, instead of blowing the team up they decided to go the dramatic Laker route and go after D12 and CP3. This of course sounds way smarter and sexier at the time than rebuilding.

It just didn't work out the right way and as you said, there's no TEAM anymore it's just a bunch of names and pieces that don't fit.

But that is the right way. Dwight is at his prime minus this season and he's a defensive beast, the realistic outlook is no one is available to take over the Lakers franchise since some of the biggest names are tied up with their franchise. The problem was not trading Gasol 2 years ago, signing Nash and trading away all of their little assets. Those along with injuries has compunded this year and into the next one.

Laker fans need to realize that you're not going to get players like Magic, Kobe, Shaq and Kareem every decade. This actually makes me appreciate Kobe more. For all of his faults, he was insanely connected to the game and he put so much pride to work on his game. His 5 championships whether as first option or second was no accident or privilege. He made it work.

Dex
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
So he's waiting for the Lakers to lose at home?

"They are just more efficient than we are," Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said. "Now we go home. Let's win this one Friday and then figure it out."

It seems like figuring it out BEFORE they try to win the game Friday would be a better plan, but hey...I'm not an NBA coach or anything.

Brazil
04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
:lol calling for a protest for a basketball coach

Michael Jordan.
08-22-2013, 09:57 AM
:lol