PDA

View Full Version : Tony is back!

ElNono
04-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Wow! He was dazzling in that 3rd quarter!

We need it too, since eventually D'Antoni is going to figure out he needs to play Metta on Manu.

League put on notice :hat

Dex
04-24-2013, 11:26 PM
He still doesn't seem to be 100%...he was missing shots he normally makes in his sleep...

But it's hard to argue with 28 points.

Brunodf
04-24-2013, 11:27 PM
:tu

Pop should stop gambling on that Turd towers+Neal+Joseph+Manu lineup, he was luck that Manu bailed them out

DesignatedT
04-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Awesome to see. Finish this series off in 4 or 5 and Tony should be 100% by round 2. Especially if DEN/GS is a long series.

EricB
04-24-2013, 11:28 PM
:tu

Pop should stop gambling on that Turd towers+Neal+Joseph+Manu lineup, he was luck that Manu bailed them out

The lineup that held and stretched the lead? Yup... :rolleyes

100%duncan
04-24-2013, 11:30 PM
:lol at people doubting this guy. Everyone needed a break tbh. Eat that 28 haters. :lmao

Brunodf
04-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah, worked once, like i said Pop was luck...

Darius McCrary
04-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Come on Philly spur fan

tmtcsc
04-24-2013, 11:34 PM
If he was 100% he'd be even more dominating than he was tonight. He's got two gimps trying to guard him and if he continues to get healthy the Spurs will crush the Lakers in score and spirit. It will be quick work.

I thought both teams played better in Game 2 but the Spurs still have room for improvement. The Lakers may have given their best tonight. They just don't have enough fire power.

John B
04-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Manu also with 13 pts on 3/4 from the 3, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, a steal and a block in only 19 minutes. We're starting to click on all cylinders. Nice.

HarlemHeat37
04-24-2013, 11:36 PM
He still looks slow, tbh..

He's slowly progressing, though..the aggressiveness was a good sign, but as the poster above said, he would be constantly blowing by Blake if he was healthy..

Spurs need to finish this series in 4 or 5 and allow Parker to rest..Denver/Golden State could go 6 or 7..

siraulo23
04-24-2013, 11:37 PM
you could kind of tell he's gonna be in rhythm sooner or later barring any setback, from pop's comments on practice interviews and the way he moved in the first half (moving just a little bit better than he has in quite some time) then boom 2nd half, everything was working for him and he did like mvparker in the regular season

best news that came out from that game other than the win

jesterbobman
04-24-2013, 11:37 PM
He's getting there. Saying he's back is underrating how good he is at his peak. But definitely making progress, and that helps.

DapDaGenius
04-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Bad in the 1st half with scoring(was great with assist though). He was awesome in the 2nd.

spurraider21
04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
what i'm loving about these playoffs (besides the easy path to WCF) is that the further we go along, the better we'll get due to improving health. Manu will get better (physically at least. his productivity is already great, but it will surely be more sustainable as he gets better physically), TP will get MORE explosion with time, and we will be getting Diaw back

TJastal
04-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Scary to think how good this team could potentially be if Parker gets back to MVP form.

freetiago
04-24-2013, 11:40 PM
overrating one third quarter tbh
he went to work when Coward was in foul trouble the entire 3rd and his pick and rolls were being guarded by the worst defensive 4/5 combo in the league in Jamison/Gasol

hes still not getting in the lane and finishing
or penetrating and finding layups and 3s
hes getting all empty rondo assists
creates nothing then passes out to a big to shoot a mid range J
tonights Tony would be a below average performance vs an athletic/long Denver and OKC vs an injured and old Lakers backcourt

Man In Black
04-24-2013, 11:41 PM
I think he's fine. In Game 1 when he dove to the floor to get a steal, that kind of effort showed that he had burst. I think TP convinced Pop to let him attack a bit today and he won that conversation. Still have to watch out for some out and out thuggery but TP's maturity has him playing the game Pop needs.

Brazil
Nothing to see French banged up faggot doin' work

DAF86

Yeah, thanks to Manu making something out of nothing not because Blair/Bonner are a fearsome duo.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-24-2013, 11:42 PM
agree with my nig Harlem his speed still isn't their and his jumper isn't automatic. I'd mark tp at about 85% tbh he's getting there though

DAF86
04-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Pop must have teared him a new one at halftime, he looked like a complete pussy on the first half. I can live with Tony not making shots not with him passing up wide open 16 footers and fucking up the entire rythm of the offense.

DarrinS
04-25-2013, 12:04 AM
When his jump shot starts falling, this series will be over quick

100%duncan
04-25-2013, 12:19 AM
he went to work when Coward was in foul trouble the entire 3rd and his pick and rolls were being guarded by the worst defensive 4/5 combo in the league in Jamison/Gasol

tonights Tony would be a below average performance vs an athletic/long Denver and OKC vs an injured and old Lakers backcourt

You do know no one's reading your post because of the way you type/place them phrases, though?

Jumi
04-25-2013, 12:25 AM
:lol I thought I was the only one who just scrolled past that!!!!

TD 21
04-25-2013, 12:26 AM

Fair enough . . . but I wonder if he's intentionally holding back some. They alluded to this early on, when they said he said that he'd have to pick his spots. What he (obviously) didn't say, but I suspect really meant was, that they can beat this team with relative ease, so there's no need for him to be constantly in attack mode and getting further banged up and that he'll only do that when he feels the game is in the balance or on the verge of being claimed.

Budkin
04-25-2013, 12:43 AM
I said in the game thread that Tony would be back in the second half. Glad he proved me right.

Splits
04-25-2013, 12:46 AM
0 turnovers 7 dimes in 37 minutes doesn't suck, tbh

howbouthemspurs
04-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Tony was attacking! He was being Tony! He is definitely back and the spurs looks whole again!

Uriel
04-25-2013, 12:51 AM
what i'm loving about these playoffs (besides the easy path to WCF) is that the further we go along, the better we'll get due to improving health. Manu will get better (physically at least. his productivity is already great, but it will surely be more sustainable as he gets better physically), TP will get MORE explosion with time, and we will be getting Diaw back
My thoughts exactly. :tu It bodes well for future series' against OKC and MIA.

spurs10
04-25-2013, 01:10 AM
I said in the game thread that Tony would be back in the second half. Glad he proved me right.
Me too!!
:toast

Gagnrath
04-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Personally I think he is still somewhat less than 100% and between a weak defense and getting on a roll felt pretty good for a period of time in the game. There was some times when he was obviously moving with some difficulty. I hope he continues this relative recuperation against the lakers but I also worry about the lakers especially if they start loosing at home starting a rather physical no lay-ups type experience every-time both gasol and howard aren't in the game. Having another big or peace lay-out Parker regularly can go along way to ending up with a sore PG again.

EVAY
04-25-2013, 08:45 AM
In the beginning of the season Parker would wait until the second half to start being aggressive with his shots, and he is doing that again.

As others noted, Howard being out was a huge factor in getting Tony into the paint. He really started his run when Howard went to the bench with his fourth foul.

I also worry about how thuggish the Lakers are going to be allowed to be on their home court, and it can hurt our guys, literally.

MWP is going to go off on one of our players before this is over, I fear.

boutons_deux
04-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Tony's game was truly a tale of two halves, esp for his jumpers and FTs.

Stabula
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Tony won't be 100% until next season, honestly

Bruno
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
:rollin @ "mental block".

ElNono
04-25-2013, 12:04 PM
:rollin @ "mental block".

:lol whatever Pop did to Tony between the 1st half and 2nd half, he needs to bottle it up and sell it in stores, tbh

Horse
04-25-2013, 12:52 PM
The late season injuries could be a blessing if we end up fresher than usual at this point in the season.