PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Hyperbole or Fact?

DMC
04-25-2013, 12:10 AM
"Up next: The Lakers are sure to get an emotional lift with Bryant in the building for Friday's Game 3 at Staples Center. As they say in this business, a playoff series doesn't truly start until a team wins on the road. If the Lakers can hold serve and win on their home court, then going into Game 4 down 2-1 doesn't seem so daunting. Of course, if they lose Friday then it will just about be time to turn the lights off on the Lakers' thoroughly disappointing 2012-13 season." -Some ass clown at ESPN

Discuss

HI-FI
04-25-2013, 12:12 AM
:lol
pretty much.

Salty
04-25-2013, 12:15 AM
My only worry in this series is if the Lakers pull out the big guns and start Robert Sacre on Friday

http://i.minus.com/ibzRwvdSxSPpHJ.gif

DAF86
04-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Lakers will surely get 1 on LA. No way Stern let's his team get swept.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2013, 12:20 AM

^

+ we're due for another horrible shooting night.

spurraider21
04-25-2013, 12:25 AM
^

+ we're due for another horrible shooting night.
doesn't matter with the Lakers pregnant guards. Nash getting another epidural and Blake is getting an ultrasound done :lol

Reck
04-25-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm ok with Lakers winning game 4.

Manu said it best. Gotta win at least one on the road and worry about finishing them when the time comes.

whitemamba
04-25-2013, 12:55 AM
lol faggots already making exvuses

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 12:56 AM
hey guys wtf is defending danny green? a fkn scrub like danny cant even beat his man of the dribble to attack the rim is just lame,

even his known to be a shit finisher at the rim, at leasts attack and attempt a dunk on every possible possession to get to the line to warm up the hands to get going...

DMC
04-25-2013, 01:25 AM
^And Danny was such a powerhouse in Cleveland.

capek
04-25-2013, 01:31 AM

I don't think anything Stern could do short of going Tanya Harding on 2 out of our big 4 is gonna get the Lakers a win in this series tbh. No homer glasses, I just think the Lakers suck that bad.

Baseline
04-25-2013, 02:08 AM
If Bryant is in the building, look for Dwight to get all sulky. He's played with twice the energy since the ball monopolizer blew the achilles.

As much as I can't stand Bryant, I feel sorry for anybody that has to play with him. Guy makes NOBODY better. Never has.

baseline bum
04-25-2013, 02:17 AM
It wouldn't really surprise me to see the Spurs come back to San Antonio with the series tied 2-2. LA JV still has two of the top bigs in the league and the Spurs have only played well in spurts over the last month or so. Certainly the game 1 effort wouldn't have won a game on the road.

NASpurs
04-25-2013, 02:28 AM
It would really surprise if the Lakers even get one in LA. Currently Nash, Blake and Meeks are all injured. Where will they get their guard play from if none of those guys play?

Thread
04-25-2013, 04:06 AM
It would really surprise if the Lakers even get one in LA. Currently Nash, Blake and Meeks are all injured. Where will they get their guard play from if none of those guys play?

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

Thread
04-25-2013, 04:07 AM
It wouldn't really surprise me to see the Spurs come back to San Antonio with the series tied 2-2.

I just bet it wouldn't.

Thread
04-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Guy makes NOBODY better. Never has.

I said that years ago:::Good players make Kobe better. Kobe transforms no one.

Thread
04-25-2013, 04:11 AM
"Up next: The Lakers are sure to get an emotional lift with Bryant in the building for Friday's Game 3 at Staples Center. As they say in this business, a playoff series doesn't truly start until a team wins on the road. If the Lakers can hold serve and win on their home court, then going into Game 4 down 2-1 doesn't seem so daunting. Of course, if they lose Friday then it will just about be time to turn the lights off on the Lakers' thoroughly disappointing 2012-13 season." -Some ass clown at ESPN

Discuss

4 in-a-row, OR, a Game 7 in Texas. That's it. And that's all. It's 80%+ for San Antonio now.

NASpurs
04-25-2013, 05:27 AM

It's the reality of things you senile old fuck. Who's going to play guard for your team if all those people are out? MWP? Gasol?

And who the hell is making excuses. Why would I make an excuse for the Lakers you dumbass parrot. :lol

http://images.sodahead.com/blogs/000356267/parrot_xlarge.gif

Thread
04-25-2013, 05:31 AM
It's the reality of things you senile old fuck. Who's going to play guard for your team if all those people are out? MWP? Gasol?

And who the hell is making excuses. Why would I make an excuse for the Lakers you dumbass parrot. :lol

http://images.sodahead.com/blogs/000356267/parrot_xlarge.gif

You've got 15 roster slots. In essence that's 3 teams. It's incumbent upon the organization to fill those slots judiciously. Hence:::

Latarian Milton
04-25-2013, 09:08 AM
_'antoni has no clue how to use the bigs imho. there ain't any chance for them to beat the spurs but they should at least try to avoid getting swept by another texan team again in two years tbh.

DMC
04-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Mike coming back to coach only to get swept by the Spurs again would be too much for him. I think he'd off himself.

Dro210
04-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Going into game 4 at 2-1 wouldn't seem so daunting?? How bout the fact that we're a dominant 2 seed (albeit have been struggling, but we look pretty good right now), and they barely made the playoffs. Or the fact that their leading scorer can't even walk. Or their 2 PGs are both hobbling around even when they can play. That's not daunting enough for you? :lol ESPN

Only in an ESPN commentated Lakers vs. Spurs world can a depleted, pathetic 7 seed be expected to beat a proven 2 seed.

DMC
04-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I was wondering more about the concept of crip being in the building and somehow his teammates (lol) love him so much they would be inspired. Kobe Rudy Bryant.

CitizenDwayne
04-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Even one loss to this team would be a disappointment, in my opinion. These Lakers fucking suck.