PDA

View Full Version : Lol Skip Baseless and 75% of the Spurs fans here

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-25-2013, 04:16 AM
You guys were worried about this team? :p:

The Spurs are playoff warriors who will continue to own this sorry Lakers team and then inflict damage on whoever they face next.

Was hoping to see Spurs vs Nuggs, but after watching both teams, I doubt the Nuggs get past the Warriors.

Hope you guys have got the brooms out coz the Lakers aren't winning 1 game against the ageless ate and rejuvenated Manu!

spurraider21
04-25-2013, 04:19 AM
You guys were worried about this team? :p:

The Spurs are playoff warriors who will continue to own this sorry Lakers team and then inflict damage on whoever they face next.

Was hoping to see Spurs vs Nuggs, but after watching both teams, I doubt the Nuggs get past the Warriors.

Hope you guys have got the brooms out coz the Lakers aren't winning 1 game against the ageless ate and rejuvenated Manu!

I'm sort of disappointed with how the Nuggets end of season turned out, so I can only imagine how you're fan base is dealing with it. Spurs-Nugget series' have been fun in the past and I was looking for another one this year. Even though Nuggs didn't look fantastic in game 1, when David Lee was declared out for the playoffs, I thought you guys had it in the bag, but GSW didn't miss a beat. So now you have game 1 where Andre Miller put on an epic 4th quarter just to bail you guys out at home with a 2 point win, then GS just crushes you, and now the series is shifting back to Oakland. It's sad to watch Faried in his current physical state

siraulo23
04-25-2013, 04:38 AM
well spurs fans feel a little better now, with 2 wins in the bag and tp looking better

nobody knew how parker was healthwise, so thats the root of all concerns plus the spurs finishing the season so poorly

im surprised you dont think the nuggs can still win the series, the warriors shot 65% last game, their beating everybody with that shooting percentage. You can bet the warriors arent shooting that ridiculous percentage from the field again.

Halberto
04-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Their = possessive , they're = they are, there = place

Spurs fans had reason to be concerned. we've been plagued by injuries for years and it seemed like to strike again during our last chance for a ring. Our "system" was falling apart.

szkorhetz
04-25-2013, 06:01 AM

Spurs fans had reason to be concerned. we've been plagued by injuries for years and it seemed like to strike again during our last chance for a ring. Our "system" was falling apart.
And right now everything is much brighter. Our defense is the best since 2007, TD still going strong, Leonard growth is amazing. IF we can stay healthy and finish this series as soon as possible (yeah, I mean the sweep) we could make a nother huge playoff run. Just sit back and watch, we are rolling right now.

Horse
04-25-2013, 07:34 AM
The end of the season was rough but no one should've worried about this laker team.

siraulo23
04-25-2013, 08:17 AM

You use capital letter too after period dick :p:, and yes i know what the difference is between their and theyre :lol

spurspokesman
04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Add to the fact we get Diaw back and maybe mcgrady sees a minute or two and actually contributes. Hopefully we can put the lakers away early and find a few days rest seeing as though the denver and gsw series looks to be headed to six or 7 games.

Chomag
04-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Their confidence level is looking good, but I dont think much has really changed. Thankfully they are playing the Lakers which is a complete joke of a team. Beating on these fools will give them the much needed confidence boost going forward.

These Lakers werent going to upset anybody.

Slutter McGee
04-25-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry. I was listening to commentators last night. The picture isn't working on my tv. Didn't realize the spurs were actually playing. I honestly thought it was a Lakers practice.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Gagnrath
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Personally I think that the spurs still have grave concerns about the health of Parker, and the diminished presence of Splitter and Green, I also worry about Diaw being injured and able to get breakfast burrito's and anything imaginable for dinner for 3 weeks straight. I am hoping Bonner has overcome his past issues in the play-offs.

The spurs at the end of the year were a road weary older team. I think the week off did them good and the Lakers aren't appearing that taxing thus far so I am wishing that it is more rehab and confidence building. I am fearing that the Lakers are really just that bad though.

I'm not willing to write off the nuggets and give that series to the warriors, I've only caught parts of both games but it seems that last game the warriors were riding their lightening, which they do occasionally. They rarely do it 4 out of 7 games, and the nuggets while not healthy are the more stilled better team.

jmanu20
04-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I am rooting for the Nuggets because those match-ups have been over the years, and living only an hr away from Denver, I could perhaps attend a game or two!

In my opinion, the same thing that happened in 2005 happened to the Nuggets in game 2. Won game 1, got a little too confident, and got soundly beaten.

ambchang
04-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Still too early to celebrate. The Spurs won 2 games at home, but still has to wrap up the series.

The defense has been very good the last few games, but that is against a team without much of a perimeter offense. The Lakers can still win if both of the following happens
1) Mike D'antoni pulls the tumour out of his brain. The way the Lakers were playing, they actually had a chance in both games, but D'antoni goes away from what works, and screwed up the Laker chances. Sure the Spurs are defending Gasol and Dwight admirably, but the Lakers have to keep posting those two down low.
2) The Lakers start hitting their perimeter shots. The Spurs don't even care about the perimeter shots right now, because if when left wide open, the Lakers are hitting it at an average rate (at best). But if they start hitting their outside shots, the Spurs will have to react, and open up the middle.

The Spurs looked much better than the end of the regular season, but the fact that Parker has not been destroying a backcourt of Blake and Meeks tells me that he is still not 100%. Thank goodness Ginobili's been playing real well.