PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Iverson at divorce hearing: “I don’t even have money for a cheeseburger”

Double-Up
04-25-2013, 08:01 AM
"Iverson stood during a divorce proceeding in Atlanta in 2012 and pulled out his pants pockets. “I don’t even have money for a cheeseburger,” he shouted toward his estranged wife, Tawanna, who then handed him $61."

Damn nigga...talk about rock bottom.

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tawanna_iverson.jpeg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/allen-iverson-nba-icon-struggles-with-life-after-basketball/2013/04/19/bfd108f8-a76e-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

Halberto
04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Women are ruthless sometimes. I never understood why pro athletes don't get pre-nups.

symple19
04-25-2013, 08:40 AM
He'll die before he ever gets a whiff of that trust

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Women are ruthless sometimes. I never understood why pro athletes don't get pre-nups.

Because they're dumbasses who are wired like chimpanzees?

Spurs9
04-25-2013, 08:54 AM
He can't eat but he can flaunt those expensive gold chains around his neck.

Latarian Milton
04-25-2013, 09:01 AM
bitches are ruthless and they're even more greedy than vampires. they'll suck up your wealth and vigor cuz it's written in their genes, a female mantis would eat her husband alive after getting done fucking him. bitches are venomous in various forms but there's one thing in common for all female animals, which's that they're the source of all evils and sins

ambchang
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM

Because they're dumbasses who are wired like chimpanzees?

bitches are ruthless and they're even more greedy than vampires. they'll suck up your wealth and vigor cuz it's written in their genes, a female mantis would eat her husband alive after getting done fucking him. bitches are venomous in various forms but there's one thing in common for all female animals, which's that they're the source of all evils and sins

Did you guys even read the article? His wife stuck with him till the very end, pawning off jewellery to pay for housing and electricity, stuck with him when Iverson left their kids in a hotel room till 2am, stuck with him when he was nursing a hangover in a van.

Monster1776
04-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Did you guys even read the article? His wife stuck with him till the very end, pawning off jewellery to pay for housing and electricity, stuck with him when Iverson left their kids in a hotel room till 2am, stuck with him when he was nursing a hangover in a van.

I'll have to side with the bitch on this one, Iverson doesn't seem like the type of guy to manage his resources wisely.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 09:34 AM

I was just answering the question re: why athletes don't get prenups

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
d12 should learn from this clown, arm sleeve sales dont go a long way...

ambchang
04-25-2013, 09:49 AM
I was just answering the question re: why athletes don't get prenups

My fault, jumped to conclusions.

Dex
04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
“I don’t even have money for a cheeseburger,” he shouted toward his estranged wife, Tawanna, who then handed him $61."

He probably went and spent that $61 on some fake gold chains or a rip-off Gucci bag or something.

Trill Clinton
04-25-2013, 09:59 AM
man that was a sad article. i hope A.I. defeats his demons and gets his life back on track.

Sportcamper
04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
biotches are ruthless and they're even more greedy than vampires. they'll suck up your wealth and vigor cuz it's written in their genes, a female mantis would eat her husband alive after getting done f-ing him. biotches are venomous in various forms but there's one thing in common for all female animals, which's that they're the source of all evils and sins

How do you ALWAYS come up with this stuff...:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
04-25-2013, 10:20 AM
he still has that reebok deal that only matures when he reaches pension age

then the nba pension, how is the nba pension? must be more then what ur avg citizen has....

Double-Up
04-25-2013, 10:43 AM

then the nba pension, how is the nba pension? must be more then what ur avg citizen has....

His wife is supposedly gonna get half of that reebok pension. He'll still have 15 mil left which is more than the average Joe.

Nathan89
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
His wife is supposedly gonna get half of that reebok pension. He'll still have 15 mil left which is more than the average Joe.

And that's why you never get married.

Double-Up
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
If he can make it to age 45 he'll be ok...

"After playing in the NBA for three seasons a player is vested for a pension. The pension pays $306 for every month in the NBA (e.g. Gary Payton played in the NBA for 17 seasons or 204 months. 204x306=62,424. Gary Payton's pension will be $62,424 per year or $5,202 per month. A player with only three years in the NBA would get $11, 016 per year or $918 per month.) Players start collecting the pension at the age of 50. A player can opt to collect the pension at the age of 45 but only two-thirds of what it would be at 50."

StrengthAndHonor
04-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Don't feel even an ounce of sympathy for him.

A ywar or two ago his Lamborghini was impounded or something, he told the cops to keep it, he has another one or something. He overdrawn his account $23, 000 in one day. He purchased a diamond ring, checked in at a hotel and a steak dinner.

He made his bed. He needs to lay on it.

jeebus
04-25-2013, 12:18 PM
another useless athlete chimp who doesn't know how to save money. good riddance.

Seventyniner
04-25-2013, 01:26 PM

Shit, just change your screen name to "Latarian Misogynton" and get it overwith.

Brunodf
04-25-2013, 01:41 PM

A ywar or two ago his Lamborghini was impounded or something, he told the cops to keep it, he has another one or something. He overdrawn his account $23, 000 in one day. He purchased a diamond ring, checked in at a hotel and a steak dinner.

^This

Huey Freeman
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
man that was a sad article. i hope A.I. defeats his demons and gets his life back on track.

Agreed
A.I was always my favorite tbh.

Huey Freeman
04-25-2013, 01:45 PM

I agree with this premise to, but I still wish the guy well.

callo1
04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Maybe had he practiced with his team, he would have learned some nuggets of wisdom about life...finances.

"Practice, were talkin about practice"

while I wish no ill will, I can't really feel too bad for him.

Jt.ONE
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
he didnt know how to manage his money so cant really say i feel bad for the guy- but the pension hits at 50 and his reebok trust funds hits at 55... so he'll be alright

Dro210
04-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Shit, he's got a long way to go til 50-55... but he's Allen Iverson, he can make money off his name til then, and I'm sure he could still get a contract in pretty much any league but the NBA.

on the other hand... damn, his wife is as broke down as his finances.

thunderup
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
He should of done gone to play for the d-league. At least get some form of income while he struggles to live in poverty for the next 15-20 years.

Koolaid_Man
04-25-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't care what none of you bitches say...and if I could I would put cases on all you bitches...the league done my nigga AI wrong....cheated on that nigga for years which in turn affected his income ability...he could have probably lobbied for larger contracts and may not be broke to this day...

Allen Iverson - mahh noogah

midnightpulp
04-25-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't care what none of you bitches say...and if I could I would put cases on all you bitches...the league done my nigga AI wrong....cheated on that nigga for years which in turn affected his income ability...he could have probably lobbied for larger contracts and may not be broke to this day...

He offended white America with his glorification of ghetto culture and his constant coping of the "nigga" attitude.

Funny enough, your hero Kobe played it smart. White washed himself (or more accurately, Jelly Bean white washed him) to garner mass appeal. Like it or not, white people are the ones who butter your bread (white folk are the majority consumers of rap/hip hop albums and urban fashion like Sean John; they compose the largest viewership of professional sports and buy the most merchandise) and you do whatever it takes to appeal to them. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, they understand this dynamic.

A.I. "kept it real" and it bankrupted his ass :lol

And I have no sympathy for that. He forgot his place.

Koolaid_Man
04-25-2013, 05:28 PM
He offended white America with his glorification of ghetto culture and his constant coping of the "nigga" attitude.

Funny enough, your hero Kobe played it smart. White washed himself (or more accurately, Jelly Bean white washed him) to garner mass appeal. Like it or not, white people are the ones who butter your bread (white folk are the majority consumers of rap/hip hop albums and urban fashion like Sean John; they compose the largest viewership of professional sports and buy the most merchandise) and you do whatever it takes to appeal to them. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, they understand this dynamic.

A.I. "kept it real" and it bankrupted his ass :lol

^ you call it appeal I call it cucking them....remember you're on the site sucking niggas dicks...you not on here because of white players....my niggas are winning...we got you dumb fucks paying us millions to run around and bullshit all day....that's called pimping...and lower middle white class guys like you worship us...this time in which we living right now...is Nigga Time :toast

Koolaid_Man
04-25-2013, 05:29 PM
I gotta run to chill with a dime breezy I will be back with my shit all lathered up...keep your asshole on ice till I get back mid...

midnightpulp
04-25-2013, 05:32 PM
^ you call it appeal I call it cucking them....remember you're on the site sucking niggas dicks...you not on here because of white players....my niggas are winning...we got you dumb fucks paying us millions to run around and bullshit all day....that's called pimping...and lower middle white class guys like you worship us...this time in which we living right now...is Nigga Time :toast

And how much has the Buss family made off Kobe? 3 or 4 billion when you factor in that TV deal?

Who's pimping who?

jARS mEsH sEt
04-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Are they really worth more than a billion? I don't think I've ever seen their names on Forbes 400 richest list. IIRC $1 billion flat is enough to get you onto the list.

td4mvp2k
04-25-2013, 06:01 PM
bitches are ruthless and they're even more greedy than vampires. they'll suck up your wealth and vigor cuz it's written in their genes, a female mantis would eat her husband alive after getting done fucking him. bitches are venomous in various forms but there's one thing in common for all female animals, which's that they're the source of all evils and sinsdam.... :lol

midnightpulp
04-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Are they really worth more than a billion? I don't think I've ever seen their names on Forbes 400 richest list. IIRC $1 billion flat is enough to get you onto the list.

They soon will be when that TV deal money (3 billion over 20 years) matures for a few years and gets added to the books. Buss was worth about 600 million, so in 3-5 years, the family will likely enter the billion dollar club.

Drachen
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM

between 57 and 195k a year depending on years of service.

Drachen
04-25-2013, 06:46 PM

Wow, that you would defend a documented deadbeat dad says more about you than the article says about him.

DMC
04-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Yeah, because the nigga was RICH

whitemamba
04-25-2013, 07:17 PM
dumb fuck, get a pre nup

DMC
04-25-2013, 07:46 PM

You're whiter than the palms of your hands but to get a beam on what the black man is dealing with and the average psyche of the brother, just watch Django. When Django rides through that plantation dressed like a Chicago pimp (intentional by Tarantino, a reputed nig hater) all the field hands looked up to him with almost a sense of national pride that a black man was wearing white man clothes and riding a horse with a white man.

It's not changed. Ghetto brothers still try to get the glance of the field chimps as they stroll by wearing that Russell Westbrook, side show monkey attire and all the field-boons gawking like Planet of the Apes extras. All that and here you want to be one.

Koolaid_Man
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
And how much has the Buss family made off Kobe? 3 or 4 billion when you factor in that TV deal?

Who's pimping who?

I just fucked the ever lasting shit outta Courtney...or should I say she fucked me...she lives a few neighborhoods down from me with her mom...she's a nice girl mid...her being white don't even matter ;-)

Koolaid_Man
04-25-2013, 09:15 PM
They soon will be when that TV deal money (3 billion over 20 years) matures for a few years and gets added to the books. Buss was worth about 600 million, so in 3-5 years, the family will likely enter the billion dollar club.

you and Da Mini Cock are hiliarious...and obviously don't know how the pimp game actually work....:lol The Buss's are paying Kobe he's not paying them the fans are..so Buss is pimping fans such as yourself while Kobe is pimping Jimbo...the pimp game is all about who's paying you...just like I got you paying me....and to be exact (or close to it) Kobe has earned Buss about 1.2 billion while he took about 280 mill...I recall for about 23 or so %

tim_duncan_fan
04-25-2013, 09:37 PM
I love all this racism on a ******-owned board dedicated to a small-market team held up almost entirely by two 7-foot ******s.

The mental disconnect with some people here is hilarious.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2013, 09:39 PM

BINGO! I am serious I would not trust any of them! They might not even like you that much all along and you won't know until later when they get that money! They are very evil.

hater
04-25-2013, 09:40 PM
I love all this racism on a ******-owned board dedicated to a small-market team held up almost entirely by two 7-foot ******s.

The mental disconnect with some people here is hilarious.

racism? brothas can play ball like a mofo but can't run their finances for shit. Plus they cannot stay away from trashy gold digging hoes. Most niggas gonna play good ball and bang fly bitches but will aslo die young and broke. It's called reality

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I don't think he ever knew his place. There are rumors that AI wouldn't bring any luggage with him on road trips and would simply buy new pairs of clothes for each day. He probably didn't do this all the time or even the majority, but the main point is that crazy, ignorant mentality was always with him.

Jacob1983
04-25-2013, 11:21 PM
McDonald's sells McDoubles for 1 dollar. I believe a cheesburger is actually more expensive than a McDouble. I think it's like 1.09 for a cheeseburger.

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
racism? brothas can play ball like a mofo but can't run their finances for shit. Plus they cannot stay away from trashy gold digging hoes. Most niggas gonna play good ball and bang fly bitches but will aslo die young and broke. It's called reality

none of what you say is true..most ballers will keep their money....most players don't go broke...in the absence of raw data I'd venture to say at least 80-90% wont go broke...now James Harden he probably will since he's paying for ass at the tune of 50k a month :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2013, 07:35 AM
You're whiter than the palms of your hands but to get a beam on what the black man is dealing with and the average psyche of the brother, just watch Django. When Django rides through that plantation dressed like a Chicago pimp (intentional by Tarantino, a reputed nig hater) all the field hands looked up to him with almost a sense of national pride that a black man was wearing white man clothes and riding a horse with a white man.

It's not changed. Ghetto brothers still try to get the glance of the field chimps as they stroll by wearing that Russell Westbrook, side show monkey attire and all the field-boons gawking like Planet of the Apes extras. All that and here you want to be one.

:lol Da Mini Cock being emotionally wrapped up in Jamie Fox's character... White Power :lol

The_Worlds_finest
04-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Why wouldnt this file bankruptcy and open a basketball clinic?

jag
04-26-2013, 07:38 AM

True love is a beautiful thing

Malice
04-26-2013, 10:12 AM

True love is a beautiful thing

Oh my god lol.

Malice
04-26-2013, 10:14 AM
His only hope in life now is to live long enough, and hope one of his babies hits the genetic lottery and turns into a 401k retirement and supports his broke ass.

Trill Clinton
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
lol@ that pic. iverson's like "bitch, if you ever embarrass me in court like that again i'm a choke the shit out chu"

DPG21920
04-26-2013, 10:38 AM
lol@ that pic. iverson's like "bitch, if you ever embarrass me in court like that again i'm a choke the shit out chu"

Domestic violence is not a good thing.

Tuddy
04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
One of the main reasons I love the Spurs is that most of their players seem to appreciate how lucky they are to get paid millions to put a ball through a hoop. So many others are just living in a fantasy land.

Bill_Brasky
04-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Good, fuck this retarded scumbag.

Sportcamper
04-26-2013, 11:34 AM
LMAO@ midnightpulp...You changed your avatar...I am thinking, this is some great Smack...Who is this guy...:lol

Bill_Brasky
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
:lol Da Mini Cock being emotionally wrapped up in Jamie Fox's character... White Power :lol

I didn't even see this but my god that is just an incredibly weak insult....

jag
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Full Body shot

http://www.askkissy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/aropasado1.jpeg

She's workin it in dem jeans. I'd be all over it

http://i.imgur.com/mA2Kh.gif

DMC
04-26-2013, 04:42 PM

Jamie cannot act a lick. Oliver Stone was right.

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Jamie cannot act a lick. Oliver Stone was right.

oohhh stop it...you know you were rooting for Jango...Jamie killed it...all the white folks at the theater I went to openly wept and rooted for that nigga...it was the first time in my life I was proud of my country :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2013, 04:47 PM
but I admit there was something delicious about Dicaprio's role...I love that white boy...he's one of a few I can say that about

Jacob1983
04-26-2013, 04:48 PM
It's Django. The D is silent.

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2013, 04:48 PM
and I'm jealous of Leonardo too..I think he's handsome..(no homo) I bet he be getting all kinds of Hollywood pussy...

DMC
04-26-2013, 05:56 PM
and I'm jealous of Leonardo too..I think he's handsome..(no homo) I bet he be getting all kinds of Hollywood pussy...

You're worse than Avante and Cantthinkofanything. No way you were ever a decent poster, even under another user name.

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2013, 06:12 PM
You're worse than Avante and Cantthinkofanything. No way you were ever a decent poster, even under another user name.

I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit another guy is handsome...in fact you may not admit it but we all judge ourselves to some degree based on how other people look ugly or pretty / handsome..you've seen my pic it's ok for you to admit I'm handsome. :lol

roland0
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Actually he earns 1 million a year. So the only reason he is broke is because he is being stupiid with his money.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/02/16/former-nba-star-allen-iverson-loses-home-to-foreclosure/

Technique
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Actually he earns 1 million a year. So the only reason he is broke is because he is being stupiid with his money.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/02/16/former-nba-star-allen-iverson-loses-home-to-foreclosure/

I doubt he sees any of that with the debt he's in.

roland0
04-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Dang... I can't imagine the amount of debt that would wipe out a cool million in a year. Even if he puts aside 3/4 of his income towards his debt, that would have him as earning more than, what 90% of the rest of us?

Chinook
04-29-2013, 11:56 AM
It's Django. The D is silent.

The D isn't really silent. It's shows that J is an affricate and not a fricative. That way, you know that it's pronounced Jay-ngo and not Zhay-ngo. In fact, the difference between those two pronunciations is that the tongue is going into a D formation instead of just a zh formation. That's the same reason why there are words that have a T in front of a ch, and in front of Ss and Zs.