PDA

View Full Version : What a great way to end the day

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2013, 04:33 PM
One of the local health clubs owes me 16K and their accounts payable in Massachusetts has been ducking and dodging, screening my calls, ignoring statements, letters, e-mails etc. Not even giving me a runaround...just ignoring and hiding. I dropped a fucking lien on the shopping center they rent from and apparently their landlord just took a big chunk out of their ass and threatened to evict them. :lmao

Amazing how communicative and cooperative they are now...:lol

RandomGuy
04-25-2013, 04:46 PM
One of the local health clubs owes me 16K and their accounts payable in Massachusetts has been ducking and dodging, screening my calls, ignoring statements, letters, e-mails etc. Not even giving me a runaround...just ignoring and hiding. I dropped a fucking lien on the shopping center they rent from and apparently their landlord just took a big chunk out of their ass and threatened to evict them. :lmao

Amazing how communicative and cooperative they are now...:lol

Congrats.

If somone owns you money, you should fight dirty. :tu

RandomGuy
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Not sure how that works though.

Did you drop a personal property lien or on the property of the landlord?

I didn't know you could do such a thing.

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Not sure how that works though.

Did you drop a personal property lien or on the property of the landlord?

I didn't know you could do such a thing.

Technically it was an improvement to real property that improved the value of the landlords property (to the benefit of the tenant) The tenant was supposed to pay me but didn't (yet). Since it was an improvement to the property I can lien the property. If I had sold them laundry service or exercise equipment I would not have had that legal avenue available to me.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't understand how one decides that they're gonna just ignore the 16k they owe and fuck over the small business they owe it to.

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't understand how one decides that they're gonna just ignore the 16k they owe and fuck over the small business they owe it to.

Happens all the time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Happens all the time.

I probably sound naive and stupid for posing the question as to what kind of asshole would do it since it happens so much, I just get infuriated at stories where people make a conscious decision to try and screw someone else over without being bothered by it :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Happens all the time.

Had an apartment complex near USAA a few years ago that wanted a complete mechanical room redo to the tune of about 50K. Owner was in California. I'm always suspicious of out of state owners/managers. Agreement was they paid me 25% down and balance immediately on completion. They knew what the balance was supposed to be and the manager was supposed to have the check. They stalled me two weeks and I slapped a lien on their ass. Turns out they were in the process of selling the complex for like 6 million and those improvements were a condition of the sale. They were gonna get me to do the work and then sell the property. New owner would tell me "I don't owe you the money". Old owner would tell me "fuck you. sue me". Title company caught the lien at closing. Seller had to FedEx me a cashiers check for 38K with a lien release so he could get paid his 6 million. I charged him an extra $500 for my time fucking with it.

baseline bum
04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Had an apartment complex near USAA a few years ago that wanted a complete mechanical room redo to the tune of about 50K. Owner was in California. I'm always suspicious of out of state owners/managers. Agreement was they paid me 25% down and balance immediately on completion. They knew what the balance was supposed to be and the manager was supposed to have the check. They stalled me two weeks and I slapped a lien on their ass. Turns out they were in the process of selling the complex for like 6 million and those improvements were a condition of the sale. They were gonna get me to do the work and then sell the property. New owner would tell me "I don't owe you the money". Old owner would tell me "fuck you. sue me". Title company caught the lien at closing. Seller had to FedEx me a cashiers check for 38K with a lien release so he could get paid his 6 million. I charged him an extra $500 for my time fucking with it.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

TeyshaBlue
04-25-2013, 06:40 PM
*Reminder. Don't fucking welsh on CC*

spursfan09
04-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Just wondering why would a tenant renting help make an approvement to someone else's property? Just asking a question.

Wild Cobra
04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Just wondering why would a tenant renting help make an approvement to someone else's property? Just asking a question.
I'll make a wild guess that it has something to do with the contract for leasing a space, and the way state law interprets it. The owner has to give some type of permission for the renter to improve the property, hence, becomes party to litigation as well, I would think.

Am I right CC?

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Happens a lot especially with gyms.

spursfan09
04-25-2013, 08:05 PM
So is this an improvement to property plant and equipment for owners balance sheet and an expense for the tenant. :lol sorry just probably way over analyzing.

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2013, 10:28 PM
It's a health club. It was steam for the steam room. Bolted to the floor, hooked up to building gas, water, steam lines etc. Tenant wanted/needed it but not part of the landlords responsibility. At the same time, improvement to the property.

Th'Pusher
04-25-2013, 10:47 PM
It's a health club. It was steam for the steam room. Bolted to the floor, hooked up to building gas, water, steam lines etc. Tenant wanted/needed it but not part of the landlords responsibility. At the same time, improvement to the property.
Not if the next tenant doesn't need a steam room, which is why the cost of the improvement is the onus of the tenant.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Not if the next tenant doesn't need a steam room, which is why the cost of the improvement is the onus of the tenant.

Duh. I never expected the owner to pay me, just to pressure the tenant to pay me. Legally it is still an improvement to their real property.

Th'Pusher
04-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Duh. I never expected the owner to pay me, just to pressure the tenant to pay me. Legally it is still an improvement to their real property.
That wasn't directed at you. It was for bobafett who seemed unable to comprehend why a tenant would pay to improve rented property.

boutons_deux
04-26-2013, 08:32 AM
CC, I thought you were the independent, don't-need-nobody, govt-hating Rugged Invididual?

Why didn't you go over there with dick-substitute gun and threaten them? You wimped out and used the govt to do your dirty work.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2013, 09:15 AM
CC, I thought you were the independent, don't-need-nobody, govt-hating Rugged Invididual?

Why didn't you go over there with dick-substitute gun and threaten them? You wimped out and used the govt to do your dirty work.

Again showing just how fucking stupid you are.

TeyshaBlue
04-26-2013, 09:42 AM

Dont you need to shutdown all the trash compactors on the detention level?

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2013, 09:44 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

boutons_deux
04-26-2013, 09:47 AM

TB :lol weak shit!!

TeyshaBlue
04-26-2013, 09:51 AM
lol..you wish.

boutons_deux
04-26-2013, 09:52 AM
lol..you wish.

TB :lol I know, man up and take out your own garbage, coward :lol

TeyshaBlue
04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
TB :lol I know, man up and take out your own garbage, coward :lol

:cry Stop Stalking me!:cry

vy65
04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I actually have a case where I'm trying to remove a late-filed mechanic's lien (9 months too late). o_O

RandomGuy
04-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Leasehold improvements are very common, and can be deducted as expenses.

If you have a small company and want to provide seperate offices for sales staff instead of a large cubicle farm, that is one thing.

Another is that you take over a space that was configured for some other type of company and want it to make more sense for your organization.

Often some walls will be moved or similar to enable networking wiring.

RandomGuy
04-26-2013, 12:37 PM

Yeah, that makes sense, now that I think about it. It becomes a fixture of the property itself.

elbamba
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM

Tenants do it all the time with residential, commercial and agriculture situations. Most commonly, you rent an establishment for a pizza chain or something similar, you install pizza ovens which are more expensive and improve the otherwise empty commecial property. The tenant can now make money off of the establishment, while the landlord, who has a limited interest in what you use the property for, gets the indirect benefit of a fixture improving his property. You see large companies like HEB and Walmart do this a lot with their rental properties. Move in, rent the place for cheap and make major improvements. Landowners don't care because they make a crap load of money off the lease.

With land, you see a lot of ranchers and farms who rent land as oppossed to owning it. They need to install gates and fences and other necessary appurentances which are all improvements to the land. Think of an oil and gas company that comes in and builds their infrustructure in well pads, pipelines, valve sites, compressor sites. Many times these companies let leases expire and now the property, if its an oil/gas producing property has some serious improvements to it.

elbamba
04-26-2013, 01:06 PM

Why would a tax paying citizen, who believes in the constituion forego his constitutional rights to use the courts to collect on a legally binding contract? Your logic makes no sense. Did I just get trolled?

spursfan09
04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
I sure did get my answers. thanks all!

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
LMAO. Landlord threatened to evict them and they just wired me $16K and change