PDA

View Full Version : FoxNews - London attack works to Western World Advantage

JohnnyMarzetti
07-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Fox News' Brian Kilmeade: London terror attack near G8 summit "works to ... Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together".

The following exchange between Fox News host Brian Kilmeade and Fox News business contributor and substitute host Stuart Varney occurred during breaking news coverage of the attacks on London subways and buses on the July 7 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends:

KILMEADE: And he made the statement, clearly shaken, but clearly determined. This is his second address in the last hour. First to the people of London, and now at the G8 summit, where their topic Number 1 --believe it or not-- was global warming, the second was African aid. [b]And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened.

VARNEY: It puts the Number 1 issue right back on the front burner right at the point where all these world leaders are meeting. It takes global warming off the front burner. It takes African aid off the front burner. It sticks terrorism and the fight on the war on terror, right up front all over again.

KILMEADE: Yeah.

Fox News Blurts Out Bush Truism (http://mediamatters.org/items/200507070005)

So more terrorists attacks are good for Bush?

Vashner
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Nice try to spin things. Hey we didn't want to get into WWII even though we
had intel about all the dead Jewish and Russians and lots of friendly soldiers.
Till Pearl so yea. Good guys do respond to acts of evil.

Wait hold on.. a dog just shit in my yard.. yup.. Bush made him do it! OMG conspiracy.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-09-2005, 11:01 AM
What the hell are you talking about? You're the one spinning.

Read his remarks. The dimwit is saying that a terrorist attack on European soil is good for the Western world. No need to spin when it came from FoxNews' mouth.

Stop living in the past.

spurschick
07-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Reading this article made my computer tilt to the right.

mookie2001
07-09-2005, 06:25 PM
its like all the prowar people were so happy too on the 7th

"see, see i told you we're at war"
"see theres a war!!...on terror"

CalsonicKansei
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
I think that the British should have been better prepared in my opinion, their country is so small and I guess easier to maintain?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2005, 12:45 AM
I agree with him, but for different reasons -

There's a lot of frustration with the Islamo-terrorists in the Muslim world because of the London attacks.

There's a lot of moderate Arabs who have said "enough's enough" in the days since the subway attacks. There's also been some clerics in that part of the world step up and say any attack targeting civilians is bullshit and not what Islam is about.

So in that regard, it is good for the globalized/free world, but yeah - this guy's a little off base.

dcole50
07-10-2005, 01:05 AM
given the timing, it was extremely insensitive. while i see his point, i disagree with him.

blaze89
07-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Reading this article made my computer tilt to the right.

No kidding, my monitor tilted to the right and knocked my drink off the desk.