PDA

View Full Version : Stay classy Spurs fans....

Brazil
04-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Karma is a bitch

Brazil
04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
it sucks for OKC tbh

Drachen
04-26-2013, 01:23 PM
agree on all accounts

Venti Quattro
04-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Anyone who says that OKC is better without Westbrook should be gas-chambered.

Oh wait, that was your thread Brazil

bklynspursfan
04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
:tu don't wish that sort of thing on anyone...

Brazil
04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Anyone who says that OKC is better without Westbrook should be gas-chambered.

Oh wait, that was your thread Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466)

dude, they said Celts is better without Rondo, they said Lakers are better without Kobe, they said Memphis is better without Gay... I'm just connecting the dots tbh

DesignatedT
04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
OKC has never played a game without Westbrook

Venti Quattro
04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
dude, they said Celts is better without Rondo, they said Lakers are better without Kobe, they said Memphis is better without Gay... I'm just connecting the dots tbh

I was on the Rondo thing because of the :lol point guards leading championship teams :lol thing. But yeah they look like shit without Rondo.

George Gervin's Afro
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Wasn't a torn meniscus the injury kept Duncan out of the 2000 playoffs?

Brazil
04-26-2013, 01:32 PM
I was on the Rondo thing because of the :lol point guards leading championship teams :lol thing. But yeah they look like shit without Rondo.

:lol tbh this is what I thought that you were on the boston is better without rondo. They definitely look like shit, point is rondo in POs is a different player he is more aggressive offensively and this is exactly what Boston needs in POs. :lol Avery Bradley

Brazil
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM
at the end, westbrick is a punk and a drag queen but that sucks for OKC fans. The fact that it happened so many times to the Spurs doesn't mean we have to act like it's a birthday celebration.

We are Spurs fans and our stuff is to be classy.

Also :lol at Spurs being already in Finals, we have a serie to finish against Lakers, next opponent is not going to bend over just because that's the Spurs and clipps / Grizz can be a tricky pony to deal with. And more important Spurs need to stay healthy which is not the easiest stuff to accomplish with that team

lurker23
04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
I hate all injuries. Hated it when Kobe went down, hate it now that Westbrook is down. Hope he pulls a Metta World Peace and is back for the WCF.

hater
04-26-2013, 01:39 PM
For all we know this could help OKC. Durant will finally become the big 1 he's supposed to and Kmart and others will finally find their spot. This could be as advantageous as Kobe leaving LA.

FkLA
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Spurs got this. Already putting some money aside for Finals tickets tbh. Your gay french ass can stay in the corner cowering, Ill be up front repping my Spurs all the way to the Finals.

:flag:

rascal
04-26-2013, 01:43 PM
For all we know this could help OKC. Durant will finally become the big 1 he's supposed to and Kmart and others will finally find their spot. This could be as advantageous as Kobe leaving LA.

It is not going to help OK City just like the Lakers are not better without Kobe.

Venti Quattro
04-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I hated Rose's injury then, but it's okay to laugh at him now because he's become a pussy trying to milk :cry The Return :cry schtick.

rascal
We are Spurs fans and our stuff is to be classy.

Spur fans are not any more classy than anyone else. This site is proof of that.

DieHardSpursFan1537
Yeah, there is no reason to celebrate over this. But will it make a Western Conference Finals game with Spurs Vs. Thunder a lot different? Most likely.

Brazil
04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Spur fans are not any more classy than anyone else. This site is proof of that.

Blasphemy !!!!! we are classy as fuck

RD2191
04-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Fuck that shit. Hope he blows his acl and never plays again.

Venti Quattro
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM

Lol, you're too serious. Do you know what it means to get your ACL blown? Of course not, unless you've blown one ACL yourself.

04-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I have nothing against Westbrook and I never hope that players get injured. But the Spurs chances of reaching the Finals did just increase dramatically. Probably shouldn't be happy that Westbrook needs surgery but fans can be happy the Spurs' chances of reaching the finals just shot up.

jmanu20
04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
I can't say I feel too sorry for OKC with how cocky they've become, despite not even WINNING a Finals yet.

Teams are going to be able to focus more on slowing down KD. Other option: Use the 2005 Spurs approach to Amare, let KD get his and shut down everyone else.

Brazil
04-26-2013, 02:03 PM

so much for being classy :depressed

SpurPadre
04-26-2013, 02:11 PM

Well, tbh, Memphis IS better without Gay. Proof of it lies in how far they went without him in '11, how they didn't last past Round 1 last year with him, and how better the team played without him once they traded his ass this season. Of course, Celts need Rondo, Lakers need Kobe, and OKC needs Westbrook.

Budkin
04-26-2013, 02:14 PM

I'll take it... of course getting by OKC will make getting destroyed by Miami that much more painful.

Brunodf
04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
:lmao:rollin:makemyday:danceclub:flypig:cheer:hudd le::chestbump

bklynspursfan
04-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Wasn't a torn meniscus the injury kept Duncan out of the 2000 playoffs?

Yep, though it was more of Pop being paranoid with him, not wanting to risk anything.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/AdandeDuncan-120519/nba-playoffs-decision-rest-tim-duncan-2000-injury-pays-off

Brunodf
04-26-2013, 02:33 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdjjinWYEt1qhu5ue.gif

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 02:51 PM

i hate chimpbrook, ihate okc and their shitty fans. what I hate the most is how Stern protects them, that's really where my anger comes from.

still, tough blow to OKC. i don't root for injuries because i always think about something similar happening to one of our guys, so i'd prefer that aspect of the game not happen.

but unfortunately injuries do happen. the best you can do is try to minimize it like Pop does. hope for the best, play smart.

i'll try to be classy about this because I'm not a fan of injuries in general.

pgardn
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Jesus....

We are already in the finals?

God these long naps...

MmP
04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Agree. Get well RW see you on WCF

JR3
04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I hope he is back... for the WCF. I don't want to hear excuses.

TheSkeptic
04-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Agree with the OP. I hope Westbrook has a speedy recovery.

I know how I've felt each time Manu goes down, or when TP got injured, or when the scare happened with TD. Not a good day for OKC fans with this news coming out.

Dro210
04-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Karma is a bitch, that's why idiots like Kobe and Westbrook are going down... Cp3 is next and once we eliminate Dwight, the playoffs will be douchebag free for he most part. Nobody roots for injuries, but I never heard any sympathy for us all these past years when we've dealt with em.

look_at_g_shred
04-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Agree with the OP. I hope Westbrook has a speedy recovery.

I know how I've felt each time Manu goes down, or when TP got injured, or when the scare happened with TD. Not a good day for OKC fans with this news coming out.

At least it's not a career ending injury like we thought Duncan's was.

TheSkeptic
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM

Yeah. I think that's the silver lining for OKC fans in all of this.

milkyway21
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Health is Wealth.. Pop managed get his quartet Duncan, Manu, Parker & Kawhi maybe not all 100% but on the floor & ready in this playoffs.
He's been there before with Manu. Kobe, Amare', Westbrook, Rose (confirmed ready to go but we don't know if it's fear or just being diva)... This is just a matter of who will be the last team standing in the end. That's why TMac is here. The Insurance, just in case. Because Pop sees he can easily adapt if something like that happens again...(knock on wood :angel ).

milkyway21
04-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I feel sorry for OKC. And their fans. But there's always next time. Maybe they can pull this through if somebody steps up. Hard to imagine how but hey Durant is still kicking.

I heard there's something wrong with Wade too. He's day to day and will have treatment on Friday. Miami is not all about LeBron, it's Wade's court too. They cannot be a dominant team is one of them is out.

Brunodf
04-26-2013, 04:26 PM
I feel sorry for OKC. And their fans. But there's always next time. Maybe they can pull this through if somebody steps up. Hard to imagine how but hey Durant is still kicking.

I heard there's something wrong with Wade too. He's day to day and will have treatment on Friday. Miami is not all about LeBron, it's Wade's court too. They cannot be a dominant team is one of them is out.
Wade twisted his ankle in the 1st half vs Bucks...

Scola
04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
:lol kobe

:lol:lol:lol @WestBrick :rollin

sananspursfan21
04-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I seriously hate this. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY that I know that watches or are actual fans of basketball think I'm full of it for believing that Spurs can beat this year's Thunder. Now we'll never know with this injury. I am probably just as pissed as Thunder fans are

Brazil
04-26-2013, 04:38 PM
I seriously hate this. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY that I know that watches or are actual fans of basketball think I'm full of it for believing that Spurs can beat this year's Thunder. Now we'll never know with this injury. I am probably just as pissed as Thunder fans are

now you're reaching buddy

Solid D
04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
In the NBA, you are one size 16 foot or one chop-down on the ball or one elbow away from being injured. Spurs fans understand this concept as well...or better...than any set of fans. You go with what you have and make the best of it.

Spurs fans know "what if" all too well.

Captivus
04-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Real sports fan dont want players to get injured,but it happens.
Maybe if the Spurs didnt had any injuries during the RS, they would have the #1 seed...if, if, if...

skulls138
04-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Blasphemy !!!!! we are classy as fuckHell yeah! Im so fuckin classy, I shit class!!

TD 21
04-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Stay classy, my ass. Spurs fans have dealt with injuries derailing every season but last (though Duncan's injury in '00 more than makes up for that) since their last championship and no one's ever felt sorry for them. On the contrary, many have taken shots and made fun of them in the process. Now that the shoe is finally on the other foot, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Not a chance. It's about damn time it happened to the Lakers and them.

EVAY
04-26-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm not happy that Westbrook is hurt.

Everyone on here who is happy should remember the feeling if one of our big three gets hammered tonight by Howard or MWP out of sheer frustration.

It could happen.

tmtcsc
04-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Just for the record, I said the Spurs would beat OKC if both teams were healthy. Obviously this hurts OKC's chances if he's out for an extended period of time. Hell, they may not get out of 2nd round.

Sean Cagney
04-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Spurs got this. Already putting some money aside for Finals tickets tbh. Your gay french ass can stay in the corner cowering, Ill be up front repping my Spurs all the way to the Finals.

:flag:
You guys are way ahead of yourselves even dreaming about finals right now. Last year if he got hurt hell yeah, this year we are far away from the WCF.

Brazil
04-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Jesus....

We are already in the finals?

God these long naps...

:lol

crc21209
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM

Maybe. Although I think Durant just doesn't have that killer instinct deep inside. If he already had it he wouldn't be deferring to Westbrook all these years. Now I expect to see Durant passing up shots to Ibaka, Martin, etc....

crc21209
04-26-2013, 07:12 PM
In the NBA, you are one size 16 foot or one chop-down on the ball or one elbow away from being injured. Spurs fans understand this concept as well...or better...than any set of fans. You go with what you have and make the best of it.

Spurs fans know "what if" all too well.

+1. Too many damn "what if" years in the past 5-10 years or so tbh...

Kidd K
04-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Is no one else doubting the severity of the injury? He bumped knees yeah, but he continued to play the rest of the game. . .an entire 37 minutes and jacked up 30 shots (including the ones that "didn't count" because he got FTAs) getting 29 points and 4 steals.

He will probably be back for game 5 at latest, if not as early as game 3 or 4. So there actually won't be any "karma" taking place here. Westbrook was still able to play even after the knee bump to his padded knee.

Just for the record, I said the Spurs would beat OKC if both teams were healthy. Obviously this hurts OKC's chances if he's out for an extended period of time. Hell, they may not get out of 2nd round.

We weren't going to be 100% healthy regardless though. I don't think Manu will ever get back there again. :(

baseline bum
04-26-2013, 07:55 PM
I hate all injuries. Hated it when Kobe went down, hate it now that Westbrook is down. Hope he pulls a Metta World Peace and is back for the WCF.

That shit was hilarious when Kobe went down, especially since he got the whistle.

baseline bum
04-26-2013, 08:00 PM

While Westbrook is being kind of kunty throwing a fit about Beverley making the exact same play he himself made against Houston, he's still a law-abiding citizen who doesn't snitch on his boys and understands that no means no. For that reason his injury should not be celebrated tbh.

tim_duncan_fan
04-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Not going through the full OKC team really dampens things for me, to be honest. I expect us in the Finals now, but I'm not as excited as I could be. I don't want there to be the excuse that we got to the Finals only because OKC was depleted.

Plus, I like the Thunder when they aren't playing us. Those guys are all relatively nice people for being really outstanding athletes. Much as Westbrook fucks up at times and dresses crazy, he really just wants to win and be the biggest factor in a win. And Durant is about as unassuming as Tim is.

exstatic
04-26-2013, 10:55 PM

tbh, if Duncan hadn't torn his meniscus in 2000, that wrench this year would have done it. We were saved by the fact that Tim has no meniscus any more in his left knee. :lol

exstatic
04-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Is no one else doubting the severity of the injury? He bumped knees yeah, but he continued to play the rest of the game. . .an entire 37 minutes and jacked up 30 shots (including the ones that "didn't count" because he got FTAs) getting 29 points and 4 steals.

He will probably be back for game 5 at latest, if not as early as game 3 or 4. So there actually won't be any "karma" taking place here. Westbrook was still able to play even after the knee bump to his padded knee.

Dude, do you even understand what a torn meniscus is? He's having surgery tomorrow. He isn't fucking playing in game 5.

Dex
04-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Karma is a bitch

jaffies
04-26-2013, 11:38 PM
You.

Mother.

Fuckers.

Brazil
04-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Anybody doubting that karma is a bitch ?

Sean Cagney
04-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Anybody doubting that karma is a bitch ?

Karma? SHIT fuck off damnit lol.

Dex
04-26-2013, 11:44 PM
On this note, why the hell is Duncan still in up 25 with 7 minutes left against these scrubs?

Brazil
04-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Called it tbh

Marcus Bryant
04-27-2013, 12:06 AM
FTL.

Whisky Dog
04-27-2013, 12:07 AM
If anything you jinxed it with this thread frenchie

Brazil
04-27-2013, 12:18 AM
If anything you jinxed it with this thread frenchie

What jinxed it is making fun of a player injury tbh fwiw

Whisky Dog
04-27-2013, 12:21 AM
What jinxed it is making fun of a player injury tbh fwiw

Nah, you drawing attention to it did it homie

Every CEO billionaire in this world has screwed over more people than you can imagine, every politician has screwed over and sent countless people to their death, and yet they prosper and get richer. If it was karma they'd all be dying off constantly

People talking about basketball doesn't matter

Brazil
04-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Nah, you drawing attention to it did it homie

Great fucking logic homie....

:lmao I draw attention

ezau
04-27-2013, 12:33 AM
While some Spur fans are celebrating RW's injury, Splitter just rolled his ankle in tonight's game against the Lakers

Fpoonsie
04-27-2013, 01:23 AM
ROFL karma. ROFL sports jinxes.

ROFL french faggotry.

RD2191
04-27-2013, 01:27 AM
:lmao. Son of a bitch

Uriel
04-27-2013, 03:25 AM
Stay classy, my ass. Spurs fans have dealt with injuries derailing every season but last (though Duncan's injury in '00 more than makes up for that) since their last championship and no one's ever felt sorry for them. On the contrary, many have taken shots and made fun of them in the process. Now that the shoe is finally on the other foot, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Not a chance. It's about damn time it happened to the Lakers and them.
/thread

Kidd K
04-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Dude, do you even understand what a torn meniscus is? He's having surgery tomorrow. He isn't fucking playing in game 5.

Do you know what a partially torn meniscus is? He didn't blow his knee out and it isn't as bad as tearing an ACL or MCL. It's also minor arthroscopic surgery; it isn't like they're cutting his leg apart and putting it back together. Maybe you should have looked up what kind of surgey he's getting before flying off the handle about it.

Ron Artest just recently had the same injury and surgery, and he was back in less than 2 weeks. Westbrook continued and finished out the game (jacking up 30 shots), he's obviously not hugely injured.

If the Thunder piss away games 3 and 4, do you really think Westbrook won't be back for game 5 and risk them blowing that too and going back to Houston with a chance of getting knocked out? Please. Like I said, he will be back in game 5 if they lose the next two. Watch.

The Reckoning
04-27-2013, 03:45 AM
it's all a part of the game.

rascal
04-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Spurs fans are not classy.

Gagnrath
04-27-2013, 09:17 AM
It sucks for any player to be injured, this is also not last years Thunder where they have Harden who is a ball-handler with very good play-making skills. Either way the Next round of the Clippers/Memphis is going to be a hard fought series against a young athletic team while the spurs are facing an injury depleted team that they should beat anyway.

Biggems
04-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Karma is a bitch

we have dealt with all the karma already.....Dave's injuries just before the playoffs. Duncan's injuries just before the playoffs. Manu's injuries just before the playoffs. .4 by Fisher. Derek Anderson injury. The Spurs have dealt with injuries, bad bounces, bad officiating, bad breaks and still keep going. Karma can bend over and take it up the ass as far a I am concerned....We need to enjoy this ride while it lasts, cause we know more than anyone how sour things can look, when hopes are high, but the Basketball God frown on us in the postseason.

TampaDude
04-27-2013, 09:51 AM
we have dealt with all the karma already.....Dave's injuries just before the playoffs. Duncan's injuries just before the playoffs. Manu's injuries just before the playoffs. .4 by Fisher. Derek Anderson injury. The Spurs have dealt with injuries, bad bounces, bad officiating, bad breaks and still keep going. Karma can bend over and take it up the ass as far a I am concerned....We need to enjoy this ride while it lasts, cause we know more than anyone how sour things can look, when hopes are high, but the Basketball God frown on us in the postseason.

Yup...and can't forget this one...

bWiw60NusOY