PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Thunder are a Better Team Without Russell Westbrook.

DMC
04-26-2013, 04:32 PM
This Thunder team will have to run through Durant, and you will see ball movement and Collison will fortify Ibaka and Ibaka will fortify Perkins and Martin will fortify himself repeatedly.

Now you need to worry.

thunderup
04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Now you need to worry.
Nah shit. Congrats on being like 5 hours late.

SpursRock20
04-26-2013, 04:34 PM
I know we love to hate on Russell Westbrook but the guy is a matchup nightmare for almost any other team in the league. And now that he is gone and they don't have Harden to take his place, the Thunder are certainly weaker.

Brazil
04-26-2013, 04:37 PM
This Thunder team will have to run through Durant, and you will see ball movement and Collison will fortify Ibaka and Ibaka will fortify Perkins and Martin will fortify himself repeatedly.

Now you need to worry.

the fuck DMC ? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213026&p=6511348#post6511348

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 04:39 PM
:lol i laugh because this is the exact same thing he wrote when Kobe went down.

Spurs9
04-26-2013, 04:47 PM
You're a moron if you actually believe they are better without him.

Latarian Milton
04-26-2013, 08:35 PM
it makes sense on both ends imo. dude is an excellent player and their talent level is reduced to a significant extent, but their chemistry will supposedly become better w/o a frog mutant keeping the ball off durant's hands. a great coach will make the bad thing function in a good way (like carlisle) and we're gonna wait to see if brooks is capable of doing the same tbh

OKC
04-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Ill say this- Reggie Jackson is a more capable point guard than many fans outside OKC fans who watch him regularly realize. I mean the dude is a super heady and super athletic point guard. I've watched Westbrook from day 1 of his nba career and I've sat countless times wondering what in the hell he was doin out there. Season 1 I called for more Earl Watson. Then more Maynor. This season, at times, more Jackson. No way in hell we are stronger without Westbrook. However, with time and if Jackson settles in the dynamic of the team could change enough to where we are still dangerous.

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Just like how the Lakers were better, right?

Kool Bob Love
09-06-2013, 09:37 PM
:lmao

Kool Bob Love
09-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Now you need to worry.

knows more basketball than me.

okc doesn't even make it out of the 2nd round without Russell.

DMC
09-07-2013, 02:21 PM
knows more basketball than me.

okc doesn't even make it out of the 2nd round without Russell.

dense (dhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ebreve.gifns)adj. dens·er, dens·est 1. a. Having relatively high density.
b. Crowded closely together; compact: a dense population.

2. Hard to penetrate; thick: a dense jungle.
3. a. Permitting little light to pass through, because of compactness of matter: dense glass; a dense fog.
b. Opaque, with good contrast between light and dark areas. Used of a photographic negative.

4. Difficult to understand because of complexity or obscurity: a dense novel.
5. Slow to apprehend; thickheaded.

Kool Bob Love
09-07-2013, 02:27 PM
No really bravo on proving me and everyone wrong by saying okc is a better team without westbrook.

Juggity
09-07-2013, 02:49 PM
OKC would be a better team without westbrook if they had a competent pass-first point guard to replace him.

DMC
09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
OKC would be a better team without westbrook if they had a competent pass-first point guard to replace him.

That's my point. They'd be able/forced to get a real PG if Westbrook left.

spurraider21
09-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Defending this point is a losing battle imo. Westbrook has glaring flaws but the pros outweigh the cons by a mile

DMC
09-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Defending this point is a losing battle imo. Westbrook has glaring flaws but the pros outweigh the cons by a mile

No they don't. The cons are they he's a cancer to the team because he wants to be a star more than he wants to win games. He's got the best shooter in the NBA on his team, and probably the best talent in the league overall. Durant can do it all, but not when the PG is taking 30 shots a game while Durant stands out beyond the arc scratching his nuts. A team needs a focal point and that must be Durant in OKC. Russell doesn't want to fall back to a role player, but they will not win a ring until he does. Since he won't, the Thunder need someone who can get the ball to Durant and other shooters and into the post. There's a reason RW is criticized for taking too many shots, and that's because if he didn't, the Thunder would likely be the odds on favorites in the West and might actually topple the Heat. You'd have RW with the ability to score the ball, but the 1st option to pass to a much much better scorer in Durant.

Basically the team needs a direction. They don't really have one. It's a superstar in Durant, a chucker extraordinaire in RW who is athletic and could easily play 2 guard who wants to be a superstar on a team that doesn't have room for two 30pt a night scorers, and bunch of halfway decent role players who could offer a lot more than they are allowed to if ever given the right system.

They need to fire their coach, bring in someone with a plan of action, either trade RW or move him to the 2, get big down low and run through the league like soup through a tall Swede.

It won't happen though because they are content being noticed. It's why there's a separation between big and small market teams. There's no real pressure to win a championship in OKC.

Tony Parker could score 25pts a night if he wanted to. It would mean fewer wins though, and he's got other options he's aware of and trusts most of the time. RW seems to have bigger hard on for notoriety on his team against Durant than for success against the league.

That doesn't mean OKC is better without any PG. It means they would be better without Russell Westbrook at PG. Imagine Rondo there instead.

spurraider21
09-07-2013, 09:40 PM
That doesn't mean OKC is better without any PG. It means they would be better without Russell Westbrook at PG. Imagine Rondo there instead.

this thread was made right when Westbrook went down in the playoffs. They did not have Rajon Rondo on your bench, and you implied the team would play better once Westbrook went down. They didn't. Would Rondo be a better fit than Westchuck? Sure. But He's not exactly available for OKC. I'm sure Rondo would benefit a ton of teams, but that doesn't mean all those teams are going to be better with their starting point guards going down. just because rondo is a better fit than chalmers on the heat, doesn't mean the heat will be better with chalmers injured

Your big picture thought of "well then they'll have to go get a point guard" is a cop out since this thread in context was talking about the immediate fortunes of the team

DMC
09-08-2013, 01:00 AM
this thread was made right when Westbrook went down in the playoffs. They did not have Rajon Rondo on your bench, and you implied the team would play better once Westbrook went down. They didn't. Would Rondo be a better fit than Westchuck? Sure. But He's not exactly available for OKC. I'm sure Rondo would benefit a ton of teams, but that doesn't mean all those teams are going to be better with their starting point guards going down. just because rondo is a better fit than chalmers on the heat, doesn't mean the heat will be better with chalmers injured

Your big picture thought of "well then they'll have to go get a point guard" is a cop out since this thread in context was talking about the immediate fortunes of the team

You'd have to know a few things about fortification to get where I was coming from with that and the Kobe thread. I'm not going to hand hold you on this.

DMC
09-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Nash & Hedo will be the goods, fortifying each other from the opening bell. Childress will blossom under the tutelage of Nash, as will Warrick. JRich is in his contract year.

The subtraction of Amare can't be minimized. He was terrible here, on both ends. Had no clue how to play NBA ball. He'll be fine in NYC where symbolism over substance is honored.

Also, and just a hunch, but, I feel "disaster" about to befall the Lakers. We're overdue for it.

spurraider21
09-08-2013, 03:29 AM
No. the simple fact is, you thought OKC would be better when Westbrook got hurt, and they were much, much worse. You then tried to spin it by saying "they'd be able/forced to get a real pg" when this thread was describing the team at that moment.

DMC
09-08-2013, 10:48 AM
No. the simple fact is, you thought OKC would be better when Westbrook got hurt, and they were much, much worse. You then tried to spin it by saying "they'd be able/forced to get a real pg" when this thread was describing the team at that moment.

Ok I tried to offer you a lifeline but you refuse. Please continue.

spurraider21
09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Nothing more to say

Rogue
09-09-2013, 08:42 AM
There were goods and bads resulting from Rondo's injury and it was lucky of the celtics that the good side overwhelmed the bad. They played more like a team without that assist-padder, and they ended up playing better with vets running the show. Russell checks a lot of shots but that's exactly what OKC need from him, and that's also the only way he could benefit his team. OKC have no chemistry to fall back upon when a key player falls down.

Brazil
09-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Biggest issue of RW is not the overall amount of shoots he takes but his boneheads plays when the game is in line. In the fourth opponent always can count on a dumb play from Westbrook, this is why Harden was so important cauz he globally was handling the ball in the last few minutes and made the right plays most of the time including feeding Durant, drawing fools and preventing Westbrook doing something stupid.

Venti Quattro
09-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Westbrook may be a dumb guy but we all saw how Beta Durant went into all sorts of beta without him.

OKC
09-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure how anyone could take the original post, given the time it was posted,to mean anything OTHER than the opinion that OKC would be a better team going forward in the 2013 playoffs without Westbrook. I think we saw, as I stated earlier in the post, that Jackson was indeed much better than people anticipated he would be, but obviously OKC is nowhere near the team without Westbrook. Yes, he makes some dumbass plays in the clutch. That is an area he has room for improvement. He's young, he has a lot of room to grow. However, despite his flaws, he brings a dynamic to the game what no other PG in the league can. I'm not suggesting he's the best PG in the league, I'm simply suggesting he brings to the game at the PG position that no other player can. Comparing him to a Parker or CP3 is beyond retarded. They're completely different players. I do agree that Brooks is stubborn. He's a good guy, a good coach, but can be irritating with his lack of flexibility. Westbrook isn't OKC's problem, by any means. I'd pin it more on coaching and frontcourt offense. I'll continue to ask myself and other why Kendrick Perkins would start for any NBA team, let alone OKC. He's a situational player that should be playing limited minutes off the bench, perhaps in a starting role against maybe a Memphis. In addition, he's a complete and total offensive liability. Ibaka is clearly a good offensive weapon, but does so almost strictly from set perimeter jumpers. It still boggles my mind why this guy is not given more touches on the block. That could be a very important weapon for OKC if Ibaka can be more of a threat on the block.

DMC
09-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Westbrook may be a dumb guy but we all saw how Beta Durant went into all sorts of beta without him.

At least Durant didn't quit.

DMC
09-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure how anyone could take the original post, given the time it was posted,to mean anything OTHER than the opinion that OKC would be a better team going forward in the 2013 playoffs without Westbrook. I think we saw, as I stated earlier in the post, that Jackson was indeed much better than people anticipated he would be, but obviously OKC is nowhere near the team without Westbrook. Yes, he makes some dumbass plays in the clutch. That is an area he has room for improvement. He's young, he has a lot of room to grow. However, despite his flaws, he brings a dynamic to the game what no other PG in the league can. I'm not suggesting he's the best PG in the league, I'm simply suggesting he brings to the game at the PG position that no other player can. Comparing him to a Parker or CP3 is beyond retarded. They're completely different players. I do agree that Brooks is stubborn. He's a good guy, a good coach, but can be irritating with his lack of flexibility. Westbrook isn't OKC's problem, by any means. I'd pin it more on coaching and frontcourt offense. I'll continue to ask myself and other why Kendrick Perkins would start for any NBA team, let alone OKC. He's a situational player that should be playing limited minutes off the bench, perhaps in a starting role against maybe a Memphis. In addition, he's a complete and total offensive liability. Ibaka is clearly a good offensive weapon, but does so almost strictly from set perimeter jumpers. It still boggles my mind why this guy is not given more touches on the block. That could be a very important weapon for OKC if Ibaka can be more of a threat on the block.

Shut up, faggot.

OKC
09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Shut up, faggot.
:toast

spurraider21
09-09-2013, 05:20 PM
yep. pretty much on par with what i was saying

Kidd K
09-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Seems like every time DMC tries to post a real take, it's wrong. Dipshit needs to stick to trolling and attacking other posters' takes (without posting one of his own and looking like a moron) like he usually does because his takes are a fuckin joke. Practically always wrong unless he states the obvious.

I'm not sure how anyone could take the original post, given the time it was posted,to mean anything OTHER than the opinion that OKC would be a better team going forward in the 2013 playoffs without Westbrook.

That's clearly what he meant because that's all he said. It can't be played off as meaning they would go after a new PG, because he didn't say anything about it. No one believes his shitty excuse posts, don't bother yourself with "proving him wrong" since he his take was proven wrong by reality.

OKC definitely isn't better without Westbrook. Hilariously bad opinion. The only way you could go without him and still be good is to replace with a top 5 PG (besides him). And even then it's give or take on whether they'd be better since Westbrook fits their style well. Westbrook's a lightning rod for trash talk by fans because of his shot volume and occaisional shot selection, but it doesn't change how good he is.

DMC
12-27-2013, 05:02 PM
This shit I said

RsxPiimp
12-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Another worthless and shitty basketball take from non other than the forums resident asshole:lol

DMC
01-21-2014, 10:58 PM
I am that pie eyed piper.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-21-2014, 11:02 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/17/170360/2502762-6278897736-no-no.gif

jimbo
01-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Durant'll cool down. This kind of play isn't sustainable, otherwise Durant would easily be the GOAT.

With small sample sizes a ton of players look unstoppable. Even Lebron had that Magic series where he put up retarded numbers. The 37-15-10 bullshit or whatever.

Deuce Bigalow
01-22-2014, 02:31 AM
Credibility = lost

Bynumite
01-22-2014, 02:35 AM
Spurstalk is better without old faggot DMC.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Durant'll cool down. This kind of play isn't sustainable, otherwise Durant would easily be the GOAT.

With small sample sizes a ton of players look unstoppable. Even Lebron had that Magic series where he put up retarded numbers. The 37-15-10 bullshit or whatever.

Michael Jordan played like this in the 80's and Early 90's. I think Durant can sustain this level of play for a season, maybe two or three. Without Westbrook, Durant is the primary focus of the offense, much like Jordan was for the Bulls. And Jordan averaged 36 ppg in an NBA where hand checking was legal and hard fouls weren't flagrant.

But with that said, OKC would have been better to keep Harden and let Westbrook go. And I am not saying this because of Westbrook's recent injury, its just Harden is a better passer and spacer than Westbrook. Westbrook needs the ball and isn't a pass first type of PG, much like Parker was when he first enter the league.

Rogue
01-22-2014, 09:21 AM
The 11' Dirk was also god-like through the WCF vs. OKC and most of the finals against Miami. Dude played a few bad games against Miami but overall it was still an excellent post-season performance by our German Allah tbh.

DMC
01-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Credibility = lost

“There are so many things that I love about K.D.,” Brooks (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/scott-brooks/) said. “Just the fact that he is an amazing teammate and wants to win. He wants to help his teammates have success. He has a gift of scoring, but he also has a gift of playmaking and seeing that his teammates score.”

That's a swipe at RW. You know it.

jimbo
01-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Michael Jordan played like this in the 80's and Early 90's. I think Durant can sustain this level of play for a season, maybe two or three. Without Westbrook, Durant is the primary focus of the offense, much like Jordan was for the Bulls. And Jordan averaged 36 ppg in an NBA where hand checking was legal and hard fouls weren't flagrant.

But with that said, OKC would have been better to keep Harden and let Westbrook go. And I am not saying this because of Westbrook's recent injury, its just Harden is a better passer and spacer than Westbrook. Westbrook needs the ball and isn't a pass first type of PG, much like Parker was when he first enter the league.

Name 6 teams that actually physically abused Jordan.

:lol Jordan getting more FTA a game in his 37 ppg season than Durant has this year

Thread
01-22-2014, 11:15 AM
They'd be better served with a junk yard Media versus what they have now=a lap dog Media. If they ain't careful they'll wake up 5 years hence and all they'll possess is what emanated from the Pacific Northwest.

Deuce Bigalow
01-22-2014, 01:47 PM
“There are so many things that I love about K.D.,” Brooks (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/scott-brooks/) said. “Just the fact that he is an amazing teammate and wants to win. He wants to help his teammates have success. He has a gift of scoring, but he also has a gift of playmaking and seeing that his teammates score.”

That's a swipe at RW. You know it.

With Westbrook = title contenders
Without Westbrook = lose to Grizzles

DMC
01-22-2014, 11:09 PM
With Westbrook = title contenders
Without Westbrook = lose to Grizzles

Like I said, faggot. Thunder are a better team without Westbrook. They beat the other two top teams in the West on b2b nights.

Rogue
01-22-2014, 11:36 PM
some teams just tend to play better without their alpha guys, this should be pretty easy for laker fans to understand isn't it?

sook
01-23-2014, 12:34 AM
some teams just tend to play better without their alpha guys, this should be pretty easy for laker fans to understand isn't it?

less monkeyballing tbh undoubtedly makes them better.

Katherine Robinson
01-23-2014, 01:13 AM
This song has been sung before, it will be disregarded when the gap Westbrook left remains to be filled.

DMC
01-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Like I said. I am ELI the ICE man. I am 90 degrees ahead of the current.

Sybok
03-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Looks like someone knew what they were talking about.

Expert
04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Experts are rare commodities.

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 10:37 AM
It's still not Westbrook's fault that Durbeta is a playoff choker and a product of rigged regular-season officiating, tbh....

Expert
04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
It's still not Westbrook's fault that Durbeta is a playoff choker and a product of rigged regular-season officiating, tbh....

I haven't blamed Westbrook. He's a chucker, he cannot help himself. He has the ball at the beginning of almost every play and he takes almost every shot as if he's their best option. The Thunder didn't just do well while RW was out, they did really well. That was the time Durant cemented his season MVP, when he showed what he can do if he's the default go to man. Reggie Jackson can run the point as well as anyone, and running the point is the point. RW is an explosive scorer, but as we've seen time and again, he kills his team in order to get stats. Hey, he got a triple double last night, but he ignored his coach's statements about finding the better shot. He had some good plays, but he could have those as a 2 as well. He'll never play a 2 though, he's too egotistical and equates athleticism with winning. He should be scratching that gourd today that he got beaten at home in a crucial game 5 by a non-athletic team, who's high scorer only took 11 shots, and who's point guard only took 17 shots.

The only reason you call Durant a beta is because RW takes all the shots. A league MVP is hardly a beta.

Expert
04-30-2014, 04:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10863003

hater
04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Biggest issue of RW is not the overall amount of shoots he takes but his boneheads plays when the game is in line. In the fourth opponent always can count on a dumb play from Westbrook, this is why Harden was so important cauz he globally was handling the ball in the last few minutes and made the right plays most of the time including feeding Durant, drawing fools and preventing Westbrook doing something stupid.

Dis nigga with da goods imo

sexinthatsx
04-30-2014, 05:05 PM
You live by the Russell Westbrook jumpers, you die by the jumpers...

baseline bum
04-30-2014, 05:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10863003

CROFL top two usage rates in the league. :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Would a Westbrook for Rondo trade benefit both sides? Boston needs a scorer and OKC needs a real PG..

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 05:10 PM
:lol at a story about Westbrook ballhogging being on the front page of ESPN.com.... meanwhile, Durbeta's been choking all series and nary a peep of criticism from ESPN....

Durbeta is the most coddled superstar of all time :lol

Expert
04-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Would a Westbrook for Rondo trade benefit both sides? Boston needs a scorer and OKC needs a real PG..

It would benefit the Thunder, but I doubt the Celtics want a point guard who takes 30 shots a game even if he has the league MVP on the floor with him.

Clipper Nation
04-30-2014, 05:35 PM

One stat-padder for another, tbh :lol

Expert
04-30-2014, 05:37 PM
One stat-padder for another, tbh :lol

You don't know shit about basketball. Rondo won the ring when he had some scorers and defenders on the floor with him. He can pass and he can defend. He's not going to be the savior of the Thunder, but he'd be a better fit for them than would RW. In fact, Jackson could be moved to the starting role and they could find a decent backup for him. They could spend the rest of that money on another wing defender.

RsxPiimp
05-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Westbrook carrying the MVP in this series.:lol

Calispursfan11
05-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Thunder are a better team with Paul

in2deep
05-14-2014, 02:21 PM

RsxPiimp
05-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Westbrook carrying Durant again
40pts 10 asst 5 reb 5stls:wow

Splits
10-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Might start a "Thunder are a Better Team Without Kevin Durant" thread...

spurraider21
10-29-2014, 11:58 PM
you'd be stupid to do so

scanry
10-30-2014, 08:04 AM
All aboard the Westbrook wagon tbh.

DMC
11-21-2015, 11:18 PM
lol

DMC
05-31-2016, 12:35 AM
lol

spurraider21
05-31-2016, 12:51 AM
they weren't getting by the spurs without westbrook, tbh

adams/kanter gave fits and durant had some big 4th quarters, but westbrook was a headache too. he's a very flawed player, but he was a big part of that series win

Joseph Kony
05-31-2016, 12:54 AM

to be fair, any average PG seems to tear the Spurs' asshole open

DMC
05-31-2016, 07:12 AM

adams/kanter gave fits and durant had some big 4th quarters, but westbrook was a headache too. he's a very flawed player, but he was a big part of that series win

That's too safe of a statement. It cannot be disproven or proven.

You seem to think they would have faced the Spurs if they played the season without RW. You can't magically take them from where they were with RW and remove RW and see how they go from that point. They have to start the season with a smarter PG.

I don't know why that's so difficult to grasp.

spurraider21
05-31-2016, 10:29 AM
That's too safe of a statement. It cannot be disproven or proven.

You seem to think they would have faced the Spurs if they played the season without RW. You can't magically take them from where they were with RW and remove RW and see how they go from that point. They have to start the season with a smarter PG.

I don't know why that's so difficult to grasp.
Well assuming they'll just magically have a smarter pg makes your whole take "safe"

That's like saying the spurs would be better off without Leonard and then assuming they'd have LeBron in his place

DMC
05-31-2016, 05:39 PM
Well assuming they'll just magically have a smarter pg makes your whole take "safe"

No it doesn't. We can all easily determine that. Hypothesizing about what might have happened in a parallel universe is about as sterile as you can be.

That's like saying the spurs would be better off without Leonard and then assuming they'd have LeBron in his place
Because Russell is to smart point guards what Leonard is to Lebron. Great take.

spurraider21
05-31-2016, 08:22 PM
because in both cases you are making an assumption that the team has an upgrade ready in wait

OKC doesn't improve if you lose westbrook but end up starting cameron payne

DMC
06-01-2016, 07:21 AM
because in both cases you are making an assumption that the team has an upgrade ready in wait

And that upgrade from Westbrook to any cerebral PG is in parallel with upgrade from Kawhi to Lebron.

Just admit you made a shitty analogy and move on, because if you need to go to the extremes to make your point, do you really even have one?

Besides, it's more like saying they'd be better without Parker and putting anyone in his place. KL isn't ball dominant.

OKC doesn't improve if you lose westbrook but end up starting cameron payne
Teams don't typically lose someone. I mean, they do a head count on the plane I think.

spurraider21
06-01-2016, 10:02 AM
So now Westbrook is exactly like Parker?

DMC
06-02-2016, 11:11 AM
So now Westbrook is exactly like Parker?
I say "more like"

you say "exactly like"

You're a shitty poster.

spurraider21
06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Getting hung on semantics and needing to fire a personal shot in every post... Shook

DMC
04-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Philo :lol

lebomb
04-21-2017, 07:24 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Thunder-needs-Victor-Oladipo-to-break-out-of-slump-11087817.php

Yep

I don't see why y'all don't see this. Lebron had a triple double yesterday and came back from 26pts and won. YET!!! He had help. Who he dished the ball to made shots. Go back and look at the Thunder game. WB takes a bad shot because he is more confident in himself than his trash teammates. Noone else is dependable what so ever. Wide open shots and they brick it. Oladipo is shooting 19% in the playoffs. That makes WB's 39% shooting look incredible. Nigga needs help.

DMC
04-21-2017, 05:17 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Thunder-needs-Victor-Oladipo-to-break-out-of-slump-11087817.php

Yep

I don't see why y'all don't see this. Lebron had a triple double yesterday and came back from 26pts and won. YET!!! He had help. Who he dished the ball to made shots. Go back and look at the Thunder game. WB takes a bad shot because he is more confident in himself than his trash teammates. Noone else is dependable what so ever. Wide open shots and they brick it. Oladipo is shooting 19% in the playoffs. That makes WB's 39% shooting look incredible. Nigga needs help.

Wb: "I trust my teamates" :lol dude, shit or go blind already.

Lebron didn't take 18 shots in the 4th quarter and miss 14 of them.

Lebron could take that team in OKC minus pie face gecko to the Finals in the East. If Lebron had Steven Adams, Oladipo and Anus Cancer, he'd be not much worse off than he is now with Deron fucking Williams running the point, Kryie and Love on the bench and JR Smith and Channing Frye doing work.

You hindsight fuckers love to pretend yesterday's trash players are suddenly "stacking" when they play with the GOAT, yet Russ had James Harden, KD and Ibaka and couldn't get it done. Give Lebron KD, Harden and Ibaka with Reggie Jackson as a backup PG... see how that goes.

UZER
04-21-2017, 07:15 PM

Yep

It was cute at first, but now your're just trying too hard.

lebomb
04-22-2017, 09:39 AM
What ya have to say about last night? Am I still trying to hard?

DMC
04-22-2017, 10:29 PM
What ya have to say about last night? Am I still trying to hard?

You mean needing Adams to bail his ass out after that "chuck the game away" attempt in the 4th then the "choke the game away" at the FT line?

DMC
04-25-2018, 12:35 AM
I stand behind the Rondo over RW for OKC comment...

Nothing has changed.

Spurtacular
04-25-2018, 12:54 AM
Cucks like Adams not grabbing rebounds off of FTs makes a mockery of the game.

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 08:22 AM

:lol

Bill_Brasky
04-25-2018, 08:55 AM
https://streamable.com/yieyi

Damn :lol

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 09:42 AM

But but but Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7) says he's more competitive than DurBeta :lol

ambchang
04-25-2018, 11:42 AM

This is basically Kobe circa 2004.

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 11:49 AM
This is basically Kobe circa 2004.

No. Kobe was already a 3x champ in 2004. Russ ran off star players like KD, Bin Harden, Oladipo, Ibaka, etc and haven't won jack. He's currently getting his shot pushed in by a Mormon.

-25 points for a stupid post that has nothing to do with Kobe in the 1st place. Get a hobby or go jack off - do something to get your mind off retired Kobe Bean Bryant. Your obsession with him is gay AF. SMH

ambchang
04-25-2018, 01:19 PM
No. Kobe was already a 3x champ in 2004. Russ ran off star players like KD, Bin Harden, Oladipo, Ibaka, etc and haven't won jack. He's currently getting his shot pushed in by a Mormon.

-25 points for a stupid post that has nothing to do with Kobe in the 1st place. Get a hobby or go jack off - do something to get your mind off retired Kobe Bean Bryant. Your obsession with him is gay AF. SMH

How Kobe played on a team with the MDE player and coattail rode to 3 titles is irrelevant, the relevant part is that both players looked for their own individual statistical glory at the expense of team success.

Then in 2004, Kobe ran off Shaq, Malone, Phil and Payton. After that, Kobe couldn't even get anything pushed in because he couldn't even make the playoffs.

Westbrook is Kobe 2.0 (attitude wise, not skill).

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 01:36 PM

04-25-2018, 01:36 PM
The Thunder are a better team without Carmelo Anthony

Arcadian
04-25-2018, 01:45 PM

:lol The "MVP" who makes his teammates worse

spurraider21
04-25-2018, 01:59 PM

spurraider21
04-25-2018, 02:02 PM

:lmao... coulda just done that with doors 1 and 3 tbh

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 02:55 PM
The Thunder are a better team without Carmelo Anthony

Nope. He got something like a $27 million dollar player's option next year. Nobody giving him that kind of money. So there's a teeny weeny little chance Chuckbrook stuck with him one more year :lol

Serves them right too. First, their owner stole the Sonics (instead of the Clipps) and moved them to Methlahoma. Then they stole PG13, knowing damn well he wanted to be a Laker. Damn faggs :lol

LkrFan
04-25-2018, 02:56 PM
:lmao... coulda just done that with doors 1 and 3 tbh

Arcadian
04-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Idk guys, we should see what he does tonight before passing judgment. Maybe he'll magically turn into a high-IQ, team-first, level-headed leader who maximizes his team's talent and lead them to a series comeback.

(:lol)

BD24
04-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Guys, if they can just get him some more help you will all see how great he is. Jeez.

LkrFan
04-28-2018, 08:39 PM

DMC
04-28-2018, 09:01 PM
Idk guys, we should see what he does tonight before passing judgment. Maybe he'll magically turn into a high-IQ, team-first, level-headed leader who maximizes his team's talent and lead them to a series comeback.

(:lol)

Guess not, next year though...

DMC
07-13-2019, 03:34 PM
This is still a solid take tbh

Some of you *coughPHILOcough* don't know basketball from your assholes.

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Thunder are a better team with Paul

:wow

R. DeMurre
10-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I remember a few years ago there were a whole bunch of people on Spurstalk saying that Westbrook was better than Curry... hilarious.
Russ is my least favorite player in the league because he has so much talent and throws it away playing stubborn low IQ basketball.

DMC
12-21-2019, 02:35 AM
:wakeup

AaronY
12-21-2019, 05:02 AM
:wakeup
I am maybe the only forum Westbrook fan/defender left so not going to pretend I'm not biased, but they're only .500 now and won 47 games a few years ago when Russ had a similar talent level around him

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2017.html

Granted Oladipo was on that team but he was still basically the same player he had been in Orlando.

AaronY
12-21-2019, 05:05 AM
God I wish he would stop shooting fucking threes though lol. His free throw percentage finally recovered and I think his midrange jumper numbers are better again (?) But goddamn those threes

DMC
12-21-2019, 08:37 PM
I am maybe the only forum Westbrook fan/defender left so not going to pretend I'm not biased, but they're only .500 now and won 47 games a few years ago when Russ had a similar talent level around him

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2017.html

Granted Oladipo was on that team but he was still basically the same player he had been in Orlando.

You're looking at a broken down CP3 vs prime Westbrook though. Put CP3 with KD in OKC.. bet.

DMC
12-22-2019, 09:55 PM
And again

DMC
09-12-2020, 09:25 PM
And again

DMC
12-21-2021, 12:33 AM
Thunder without Russ (basically)

https://i.imgur.com/lkWVSc9.jpg

Better than Thunder but with Russ

https://i.imgur.com/oTp10Vu.jpg