PDA

View Full Version : Oops looks like Ron Artest came back from surgery too fast after all

hater
04-26-2013, 05:01 PM
now facing complications

I guess he was not super metta after all :( :idiots

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-metta-world-peace-knee-cyst-drained-20130426,0,6548702.story

Lakers forward Metta World Peace took to Twitter to announce he had a cyst in his knee drained. A Baker's Cyst is a term for swelling behind the knee due to an irregular buildup of fluid, a possible side effect after World Peace returned from surgery far earlier than anticipated.

Skoobz
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
So is he playing game 3?

hater
04-26-2013, 05:06 PM
this is Dantoni we talking about. He'll probably start and play 40 mins :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2013, 05:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIyhpl_CUAAGXqw.jpg

:lmao Only he would post stuff like this.

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Can't they just forfeit, this is getting sad

Budkin
04-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Holy shit this is insane. So basically it's Spurs vs. Dwight and Pau.

Budkin
04-26-2013, 05:14 PM

That is revolting.

Budkin
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
According to Twitter buzz it sounds like he's playing.

hater
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Apparently according to lakerfans they experiencing Final Destination type of curse due to a 2 year old dying at staples center a while ago

they are calling it the Lucas Tang curse :lmao apparently the ghost of the 2 year old inhabits in Staples center now

TBH I don't want none of that curse rubbed onto the Spurs :wow

Mugen
04-26-2013, 05:19 PM

:lol I'd love if Metta were a Spur tbh.

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 05:31 PM
:lol I'd love if Metta were a Spur tbh.

i like Artest/MWP. MWP, Gasol, and Nash are cool in my book. I wish Gasol was on the Spurs and I think MWP would like to play under Pop. though I don't know if I'd want a young Artest on the Spurs, just too many screws loose back then, though he's gotten a little bit better.

Mugen
04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
i like Artest/MWP. MWP, Gasol, and Nash are cool in my book. I wish Gasol was on the Spurs and I think MWP would like to play under Pop. though I don't know if I'd want a young Artest on the Spurs, just too many screws loose back then, though he's gotten a little bit better.

Young Artest would have been scary as hell under Pop tbh. Bowen/Artest at the 2/3 would have been game over for the league.

Gagnrath
04-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't want Metta Ron, He's over the hill, Way crazier than SJax, and a distraction. I sorta see him as a cross between Rasheed Wallace and Rodman but the crazy made him shorter and faster than either.

quentin_compson
04-26-2013, 05:53 PM

I've always liked Artest in a way. To me he seems to be a guy who constantly tries to be a good person but just doesn't quite get the knack on how he in his own special way can achieve that.
That being said, I don't know if his screws are any tighter than they were a couple of years ago.

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 06:12 PM
I've always liked Artest in a way. To me he seems to be a guy who constantly tries to be a good person but just doesn't quite get the knack on how he in his own special way can achieve that.
That being said, I don't know if his screws are any tighter than they were a couple of years ago.
i agree with that. I always liked him because he is very sincere, and he's not stupid either. MWP is not like a thug, he's just somewhat insane. He's definitely not someone you want to corner, you'll unleash something psychotic. But he's gotten better in recent years, he says his therapy has helped him. I wonder if he stays with lakers, if Spurs try to make a move for him.

like Mugen said above, a prime Artest/Bowen would have been brutal for the league.

quentin_compson
04-26-2013, 06:36 PM
MWP is not like a thug, he's just somewhat insane.
That's exactly how I feel.

like Mugen said above, a prime Artest/Bowen would have been brutal for the league.
Wouldn't that have been a little bit of defensive overkill though? And one of Artest's problems as a player always was that he thought he needed to do more offensively than he actually should do (on a good team at least).

crc21209
04-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Not surprised. The guy is a nut case....

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
That's exactly how I feel.

Wouldn't that have been a little bit of defensive overkill though? And one of Artest's problems as a player always was that he thought he needed to do more offensively than he actually should do (on a good team at least).
I think Pop would've used him very well in his prime, especially alongside Bowen. I think they would've improved his offense as well. but Artest was more of a headcase back then. Still, I do wonder where he'll end up, he's still effective.

phxspurfan
04-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Apparently according to lakerfans they experiencing Final Destination type of curse due to a 2 year old dying at staples center a while ago

Wow...that's some f'd up shit:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/23/autopsy-planned-2-year-old-who-fell-staples-center/?page=all

exstatic
04-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Any OKC fan looking at MWP as a best case for Westbrook's surgery needs to think again if he's played only a few games and needs to be drained already.

TheGoldStandard
04-26-2013, 08:35 PM
MWP wanted to play and the Lakers needed him desperately. Talk about not having a Plan B or C when Kobe went down now they're having to result to play Z by just getting anyone off the street to play for them. If he has a cyst and needs to have it drained plus who knows what else could happen with prolonged play, just sit out and wait till next year to give it a go. These Lakers are not going anywhere but to a hospital.