PDA

View Full Version : Brown on the Block

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 12:14 PM
The Wizards are interested in trading Kwame Brown in a sign-and-trade. The Spurs are appearantly interested in trading Rasho. Why not get Kwame in SA? He's young, big, has alot of potential, and could learn alot from guys like Tim and Pop. I think given the right surroundings, he could end up being great. Instead of sign-and-trade for Shareef who is a 6'9" F (which we have enough of) we could get a 22 year old 6'11" C/F who could back up Nazr and Tim and may be the future C. I would love to see Kwame in silver and black!

Banks91
07-09-2005, 12:23 PM
man, if that guy could learn nothing from jordan, he isnt goin to learn
anything from anybody

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Maybe he can skip our playoff practices too.

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I agree that his past is sketchy, but my point is that IF we are going to trade Rasho, why not get a big man? We don't need SAR, especially if we get Scola over here. What we need is a back-up Center if Rasho goes.

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 12:30 PM
anything from anybody

Jordan isn't a coach and really went about mentoring him the wrong way. I think Pop can get the best out of this young kid. The only problem with Kwame is that he is really emotionally unstable. Tons of potential though. I could be interesting to see.

BronxCowboy
07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I dunno, but I could see (imagine?) more upside here than with SAR. That aside, how do we know the Spurs are interested in trading Rasho? All I've heard so far is a rumor. And as far as I know, the only reason Rasho didn't play in the playoffs is that he was hurt going in, and Pop didn't want to rock the boat as long as things were going well. We have every reason to believe that he will play next year when Horry goes back to regular season minutes.

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I still don't see why we would trade Rasho (a decent C) for another F. Say we get SAR...then Nazr goes down or doesn't re-sign next year. Then who plays C? Horry? One reason that the Malik trade was so good was that we got a good big man out of it. If we trade Rasho for anyone under 6'11" or so, we have too many forewards and no back-up big. That just doesn't make sense to me.

T Park
07-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah. trade for a cancer.

Makes sense.

boutons
07-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Better the devil we know (Rasho), than devil we don't (Kwame).

Kwame seems like the typical talented balla, and too young to hold a professional job, with serious "character" problems. Maybe Pop and a chance with the Spurs could turn him around, but maybe not. Seems like too big of a risk. I think Donyell is at the top of my list.

conversekid
07-09-2005, 01:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anything from anybody

RIP didn't do well under Jordan... it wasn't until he got away from Jordan that he started to shine, so that argument doesn't hold water.

Horry For 3!
07-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't know about gettin Kwame. I don't really see how people say he has big upside, you haven't seen shit from him.

SenorSpur
07-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Question: What are two things this guy has lacked since he came into the league?

Answer: Stability and direction.

This kid came into the league as a #1 overall pick in the draft, with all the high expectations, and a salary associated with a player chosen that high. From changes in coaches, GMs, players and overall not knowing his role, these factors have all contributed to his stunted growth and his failure to develop as a player and a person.

The Spurs organizational structure would be the perfect place for this young, talented kid to thrive in. He could come in as a backup for Tim and Nazr, without the normal fanfare and unrealistic expectations. In return, we'd be getting a promising, young frontline player, that has shown only flashes of limitless potential. He could play his way into the rotation without pressure and have the type of veteran leadership around him to be successful.

If we could do a straight-up trade with Rasho, I would do it in a New York minute.

nkdlunch
07-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Brown cannot do worse in SA than what he did in DC. so he would improve. But will he be better than Rasho?? I have no idea.It'd be risky for the Spurs

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 02:13 PM
sorry, but he doesn't have to do much to be better then RashoHe has to be better than he has been.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
There's no telling what he would do here. It's not like he hasn't had chances or had bad coaching. He's just a fuck up. Turning it around is all on him, not on a system.

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=Big Pimp_21 What we need is a back-up Center if Rasho goes.[/QUOTE]

Then why not keep both him and Nazr? Oh! Is it because you think they are both too expensive to play back up? That makes sense.

Sorry Nazr! :lol

midgetonadonkey
07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Instead of giving up Rasho. why don't they offer him the MLE. Even if the Wizards match, he may be willing to take less cash to play with a winner. If they were going to use it all on SAR, I think Brown may be a better pick up.

yavozerb
07-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Lets not forget that the reason the wizards are trading Kwame is because he cryed about lack of playing time!!!!!!

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't mind Rasho as much as some do here. i would actually like to see him stay. The whole purpose of the thread is that IF Rasho gets traded, we should take someone like Brown over a foreward. I think Rasho could start somewhere else easily, and he does get too much $$$ for a back-up.

wildbill2u
07-09-2005, 03:28 PM
If you think Pop will bring in a head case who skipped practices during the playoffs under any circumstances short of a Ebola virus epidemic wiping out our front line, that's some good shit you're smokin'.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 03:36 PM
I think he would bring him in under the right circumstances -- we're looking at Jamal Sampson and have taken on guys like Jack in the past. The scenario put forth here doesn't qualify however.

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Thats true...Big Dog got pissed in Philly and then refused to show up in NO. Then he comes here, gets around our staff and players and all of the sudden he accepts being a role player and contributes to the team positively. Same could happen with Brown. The difference is that Kwame is 22 and has a long career ahead of him if he can get in the right situaution.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 03:52 PM
The risk with GRob?

Two months prorated minimum salary subsidized by the league.

Risk with Brown?

6 years, $50+ million.

See the difference?

timvp
07-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Rasho for Kwame?

I'd have to think about it. Kwame Brown is talented. He has the skills to be a very, very good player. He's just lazy and hasn't been the same since he bombed in his rookie season.

But he's the type of player the Spurs like to get. A player with a lot of physical abilities who has struggled to put it all together. Remember this is the same team that took on Stephen Jackson when the Nets gave up on him. The Spurs also tried to get Qyntel Woods last season -- and his act was so bad that the Blazers gave up on him.

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
6 years and $50 million for a 22 year old with limitless potential...not a 34 year old at the end of his career

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 04:18 PM
6 years and $50 million for a 22 year old with limitless potential.And the potential to be out of the league in a year as well. Or never improve and drag down your cap for years to come.

This isn't how the Spurs work.

Buy low.

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I thought the new CBA allows you to cut players with big salaries without it counting against the cap.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Just this summer, not after.

Kori Ellis
07-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I thought the new CBA allows you to cut players with big salaries without it counting against the cap.

No, it allows teams that are in the luxury tax territory to cut one player, one time without it counting against the luxury tax -- it still counts against the salary cap.

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 04:25 PM
No, it allows teams that are in the luxury tax territory to cut one player, one time without it counting against the luxury tax -- it still counts against the salary cap.

Oh... sorry. I still think that the possible reward outweighs the possible risk in this situation

Big Pimp_21
07-09-2005, 04:26 PM
We wont get Kwame. Keep dreaming

We probably won't, but it's been some pretty good discussion so far. What other big men could we trade Rasho for? (not that he needs to be traded)

my2sons
07-09-2005, 05:57 PM
how long is his contract why pay him 7mil over how many years and if he is a bust then we are stuck with his contract

Duff McCartney
07-09-2005, 06:24 PM
RIP didn't do well under Jordan... it wasn't until he got away from Jordan that he started to shine, so that argument doesn't hold water.

That's not what I heard...I heard he ran circles around Jordan, and that's why Jordan had his ass traded. Because he didn't want to get embarrassed.

exstatic
07-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Kwame is a better prospect than Eddie Curry, I'm just not convinced that he's a better prospect than Sampson, who's already on our summer league team, and will not cost much, moneywise, or anything at all, playerwise.