PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dr. Klapper," Westbrook could return by the second round"

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 05:38 PM
This guy is the go to go for ESPN when it comes to NBA injuries. He has been SPOT ON with the timetable for Laker player injuries this year and what to expect when the player returns. He said Westbrook can come back as easily as 2 weeks after surgery because that specific injury, once the surgery is performed playing with it will hurt like hell but not cause any further damage.

He said Westbrook will have to pay through pain, but he should return BEST case scenario 2 weeks, worst case scenario in 2 months.

thunderup
04-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Expecting the worst, hoping for the best here.

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Expecting the worst, hoping for the best here.

It definitely devestating news as far as championship aspirations go, but this is the same injury Ron Artest has and he came back in 12 days if I'm not mistaken. He told Dr. Klapper and John Ireland it hurts like hell to play through but its manageable. It's up to Westbrook now.

Mugen
04-26-2013, 05:45 PM
He said the same thing about Metta when he came back early and now Artest is apparently developing cysts behind the knee.

Also, huge difference between a guy the Lakeres could care less about and another who is a franchise player for an up and coming team tbh.

Clipper Nation
04-26-2013, 06:05 PM
He also said Dwight "should be healed by the season opener," followed by an entire season of Bible Kemp playing like shit due to his labrum...

mercos
04-26-2013, 06:07 PM
The Thunder are crazy if they let him play again this year. They are not beating the Heat this year, why risk it? I would not want a Brandon Roy situation on my hands if I were them.

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 06:08 PM
He also said Dwight "should be healed by the season opener," followed by an entire season of Bible Kemp playing like shit due to his labrum...

I don't recall him saying Dwight would be HEALED by the season but rather he WOULD PLAY the season opener, when many back in summer of 2012 believed Dwight wouldn't play until January. He predicted accurately there as well, and said Dwight should be able to play efficiently and be a part of the season opener. What he didn't take into consideration is Kobe's 1 dimensional use of Dwight, so to be fair Klapper is a doctor, not an NBA analyst.

AaronY
04-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Klapper said Nash was out for the year as well (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5256607)..

On a recent podcast he also said Boris Diaw was better than David Lee #spurstalkinsiderjokes

AaronY
04-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Guys never right basically..

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
even if he is right, Westbrook depends far more on his athleticism than MWP. shit, Chimpbrook is almost entirely dependent on athleticism, as the one guard with high BBIQ was traded to Houston.

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 06:44 PM
LOL Spurs fans crossing their fingers and toes that Westbrooks out.

thunderup
04-26-2013, 06:49 PM
LOL Spurs fans crossing their fingers and toes that Westbrooks out.
:lol more like everybody in the West

benefactor
04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
The Thunder are crazy if they let him play again this year. They are not beating the Heat this year, why risk it? I would not want a Brandon Roy situation on my hands if I were them.
Yeah...all trolling aside if it was my team I'd want him shut down. Plenty of years of contention ahead.

lefty
04-26-2013, 07:06 PM
That's if they make it to the next round

whitemamba
04-26-2013, 07:10 PM

didnt he tear his labrum like 2 months into the season?

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
lakersarethebesteva really pissed that Chimpbrook is injured.

:cry but he reminds me of Kobe.

whitemamba
04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
it all depends on if he needs stitches or not, if he doe shell be out min 6 weeks, if not he can be back in 2.

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
lakersarethebesteva really pissed that Chimpbrook is injured.

:cry but he reminds me of Kobe.

If you actually read my posts, you'd know I hate Westbrook. I just wanted to see a competitive finals against Miami. Sorry, I didn't know you wanted a gift for Lebron.

HI-FI
04-26-2013, 07:43 PM
If you actually read my posts, you'd know I hate Westbrook. I just wanted to see a competitive finals against Miami. Sorry, I didn't know you wanted a gift for Lebron.

i know you hate lebron. and tbh, i think Spurs could take Thunder even if they are healthy, if we get to that point. If you give us a fairly officiated series against the Thunder, they aren't as scary, especially without Harden imo.

any team is going to have an uphill battle against the Heat. Thunder shouldn't be expected to beat them unless Lebron goes down.

thunderup
04-26-2013, 07:44 PM
:lol most posters here want Lebron to win again

:lol don't even get into that though partner because the site will go persecution complex on you

Thebesteva
04-26-2013, 07:45 PM
:lol most posters here want Lebron to win again

:lol don't even get into that though partner because the site will go persecution complex on you

Seriously...for all the shit talk here about gay ass Laker fans, atleast they stick to gay ass Kobe. They don't jump from Kobe's cock to Lebron's when Lakers lose.....though they might root for CP3 since he was a Laker technically for a day

hooperflash
04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Metta and Russ have different play styles, if Russ should return, he'll look different out there.

Latarian Milton
04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
won't feel too surprised even if he comes back in two days tbh, guy is a mutant and probably recovers faster than normal men

InRareForm
04-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Dr klapper just saying his usual to get his name out there

benstanfield
04-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Playing and playing effectively are two different things, and Westbrook is only able to do the latter when he can utilize every ounce of his athleticism to counteract his having a BBIQ of potato.

Although, I suppose Westbrook in a wheelchair is preferable to Fisher in every scenario except when they're playing the Spurs.

Either way, Clippers should be feeling nice about their Finals chances about now.

kamikazi_player
04-27-2013, 09:22 PM
:lol