PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: What is it about playing in Los Angeles that gives Timmy a massive

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 01:29 AM
hard on?

Career stats against the Lakers in the playoffs on their home floor (17 games):

26ppg, 14.0rpg, 4.2apg, 2.0blk, 56.5 TS%.

And against a front line that has featured Shaq, Horry, Karl Malone, Gasol, Odom, and now Dwight Howard.

100%duncan
04-27-2013, 01:30 AM
He just likes killing the purple and gold.

Venti Quattro
04-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Everybody loves playing the Lakers, whether they're good or they suck.

phyzik
04-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Everybody loves playing the Lakers, whether they're good or they suck.

Do you understand the reason for that?

"I would like to see the Lakers vs the Lakers in the finals!"

Laker fans have no business complaining about the refs before, now, and forevermore. You can bitch all you want but you have had Stern slobbering your nuts for a lifetime. The regime is changing and your just gonna have to deal with it.

I cant fucking WAIT for the WWE commissioner of the NBA to leave his seat... what a fucking joke this has been for the past 20+ years.

Brunodf
04-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Well, Spurs and Lakers were/are the best teams since he was drafted ...

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 01:50 AM
hard on?

And against a front line that has featured Shaq, Horry, Karl Malone, Gasol, Odom, and now Dwight Howard.

He just hasn't had that many impressive games in his career tbh.

:lmao

HI-FI
04-27-2013, 01:57 AM
I think it's because Duncan is the ultimate competitor, but he's also very quiet and plays for the ultimate under-the-radar team. so when in LA, it's like making the biggest statement to the league's favorite team, the media, even celebs. just my theory.

Thomas82
04-27-2013, 02:25 AM
hard on?

That's amazing!!

crc21209
04-27-2013, 02:29 AM
Damn those numbers are legendary against a team like the Lakers and the front court players that have been there the past 10 years or so...

whitemamba
04-27-2013, 02:58 AM
every team plays their hardest during the lakers. its game 7 every day for LA

NRHector
04-27-2013, 03:01 AM
He just likes killing the purple and gold.

Nice :lol

KaiRMD1
04-27-2013, 03:01 AM

Shame Lakers aren't playing like it. How many easy layups did the Spurs get? Hell, Dejuan Blair went HAM on them tonight.

whitemamba
04-27-2013, 03:02 AM
Shame Lakers aren't playing like it. How many easy layups did the Spurs get? Hell, Dejuan Blair went HAM on them tonight.

please, i could take glock, morris of the dribble

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 03:14 AM

But that doesn't translate into excellence most of the time against your club, especially in the Phil Jackson era.

Most superstars shit themselves against LA on the road in the playoffs. Why your homecourt advantage record is so outstanding over the past 13 years.

spurraider21
04-27-2013, 03:51 AM

JamStone
04-27-2013, 04:20 AM
But the Spurs record in those 17 games is 5-12. Last night was the Spurs first win in LA against the Lakers in the playoffs since 2003.

Some Spurs fans are odd. The same type of comment about statistical greatness by a Lakers player would be laughed at by most Spurs fans if it coincided with such a lack of team success.

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 04:26 AM
But the Spurs record in those 17 games is 5-12. Last night was the Spurs first win in LA against the Lakers in the playoffs since 2003.

Some Spurs fans are odd. The same type of comment about statistical greatness by a Lakers player would be laughed at by most Spurs fans if it coincided with such a lack of team success.

Record is a team accomplishment.

Jordan never beat the Celtics in the playoffs but typically dominated them. Lebron's record against the Orlando Magic is 2-4, roughly the same percentage.

Nice try, though, Jammie :tu

Missing Kobe, huh?

LkrFan
04-27-2013, 05:23 AM

Jordan never beat the Celtics in the playoffs but typically dominated them. Lebron's record against the Orlando Magic is 2-4, roughly the same percentage.

Missing Kobe, huh?What are your current odds that the Spurs come out of the WC? I still have my doubts tbh.

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 05:59 AM
What are your current odds that the Spurs come out of the WC? I still have my doubts tbh.

Probably around 20%.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 06:41 AM
hard on?

What is it that gives Timmy a massive hard on? That was the question right?

A. He senses there's a large contingent of guys in the city that have tramp stamps and tongue rings. although he's clearly undercover he always played his best in front of his people.

silverblk mystix
04-27-2013, 06:45 AM
TOSB

Timmy

Owns

Sterns'

Boys

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 06:48 AM
What is it that gives Timmy a massive hard on? That was the question right?

A. He senses there's a large contingent of guys in the city that have tramp stamps and tongue rings. although he's clearly undercover he always played his best in front of his people.

Quit always being so argumentative, brother. Relax and enjoy how your team is failing without your hero, who is the sole beneficiary of this ass-kicking. While the Lakers may have lost, Kobe won, and the latter is the W you were really after. Kobe's legacy is enhanced.

And so is Timmy's, destroying what is supposed to be the best frontline in the league at 37.

We both win.

Let's also agree that Dwight Howard is a clown.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Quit always being so argumentative, brother. Relax and enjoy how your team is failing without your hero, who is the sole beneficiary of this ass-kicking. While the Lakers may have lost, Kobe won, and the latter is the W you were really after. Kobe's legacy is enhanced.

And so is Timmy's, destroying what is supposed to be the best frontline in the league at 37.

We both win.

Let's also agree that Dwight Howard is a clown.

I think the people of LG need to be warned about exactly who Magic2Kobe is...maybe if I sent them some links to your work and evidence that you know I have in my ST inbox from Kori Ellis that midnight_pulp is posting under the alias Magic2Kobe, maybe they'd ban you... I see you trolling them hard over there with your fake brotherhood as evidence by these two posts below....I like how you start this post with:

"Saw this on Spurstalk" I find it so ironic since you should have said: "I posted this on Spurstalk" :lol and then you go on to say: "He owns us" :lol to give credibility to your fake brotherhood.....you're a pretty shameless dude. :lol WhiteMamba and Lakrfan I hope yall taking notes on Mid's alias at Lakerground...the only one I know of at this time is Magic2Kobe. Let those guys know what a racist and bigot this guy really is.

Saw this on SpursTalk.

Duncan's career playoff stats against us on our home floor:

He owns us. Luckily Phil owned Pop and Kobe owned Bowen, so it worked out in the end for us, but we've really never been able to stop this bastard outside of a few games here and there.

and then you finished up your trolling with this typical midnight_pulp fantasy stat posting....I gotta admit you came outta the closet on this one...you just couldn't contain your Duncan love any longer :lol

Disagree. If Duncan just "maintained his play," so did Kobe, who's career playoff stats against the Spurs in the playoffs are around his season/playoff averages.

Duncan's scoring average against the Lakers in the POs is 5 points higher than his regular season average. He's upped his rebounds by 2.5 game. Upped his assists by 1 a game. And his TS% by 10 percentage points.

Thing is, "maintaining your play" is very, very difficult to do in a playoff series against a contending team, which the Lakers and Spurs were every time they met in the playoffs (aside from this year). Just look at Carmelo's stats against us in the POs. Or Deron Williams'? Or Rasheed Wallace's? Or how Dwight Howard did in the '09 Finals.

Playing around with the BBreference head2head filter, I can't find one player with better playoff stats against the Lakers (at least 10 games played) in the post Magic era, so I don't get how you can say he didn't step up more than players from other teams have?

The Phil Jackson-era Lakers typically held the opposing superstar underneath their averages, sometimes significantly so. The very fact that Duncan was able to "maintain his play" is why they were so competitive with us.

Gotta give credit where its due.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:05 AM
^ Mid getting close to revealing his identity and don't even know what he's getting himself into at LG...I'm just sitting back and waiting :lol

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:08 AM
I think the people of LG need to be warned about exactly who Magic2Kobe is...maybe if I sent them some links to your work and evidence that you know I have in my ST inbox from Kori Ellis that midnight_pulp is posting under the alias Magic2Kobe, maybe they'd ban you... I see you trolling them hard over there with your fake brotherhood as evidence by these two posts below....I like how you start this post with:

"Saw this on Spurstalk" I find it so ironic since you should have said: "I posted this on Spurstalk" :lol and then you go on to say: "He owns us" :lol to give credibility to your fake brotherhood.....you're a pretty shameless dude. :lol WhiteMamba and Lakrfan I hope yall taking notes on Mid's alias at Lakerground...the only one I know of at this time is Magic2Kobe. Let those guys know what a racist and bigot this guy really is.

and then you finished up your trolling with this typical midnight_pulp fantasy stat posting....I gotta admit you came outta the closet on this one...you just couldn't contain your Duncan love any longer :lol

???

There's is absolutely zero evidence I'm that person of whom you speak.

I believe Magic2Kobe on LG is this man:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Magic2Kobe

Careful with your crusade, Kool. You don't want to get Mr. Kemp banned.

100%duncan
04-27-2013, 07:08 AM
^ Mid getting close to revealing his identity and don't even know what he's getting himself into at LG...I'm just sitting back and waiting :lol

You've nary room faggot, you've nary room.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:10 AM
You've nary room faggot, you've nary room.

blow me...any time of the day or night...and I dont hide..I've posted my pic on this site..you want me...come get me...

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:13 AM
???

There's is absolutely zero evidence I'm that person of whom you speak.

I believe Magic2Kobe on LG is this man:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Magic2Kobe

Careful with your crusade, Kool. You don't want to get Mr. Kemp banned.

stop with your shennanigans...you know that I know for a fact it's you....you tried trolling me with Magic2Kobe after I didn't pay DPG...and you admitted it was you...and Kori confirmed it was you..I'm gonna sit on that trump card until I feel the time is right...I will force your hand either way...you can play this one however you like...I'm just gonna sit back and wait and watch just like a black mamba...but I will strike the question for you is when :toast

100%duncan
04-27-2013, 07:13 AM
blow me...any time of the day or night...and I dont hide..I've posted my pic on this site..you want me...come get me...

With the way you post and you sound like you don't have a dick. Ain't got no balls.

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:14 AM
There's a user named Magic2Kobe on this site, as well.

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-37794.html

So the M2K on LG is probably the aforementioned Mr. Kemp or that poster from LakersTopBuzz.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:17 AM
With the way you post and you sound like you don't have a dick. Ain't got no balls.

I guess that's something you should find out by finding me...kicking my ass and then reporting back to ST of how Kool was an easy clean

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:18 AM
stop with your shennanigans...you know that I know for a fact it's you....you tried trolling me with Magic2Kobe after I didn't pay DPG...and you admitted it was you...and Kori confirmed it was you..I'm gonna sit on that trump card until I feel the time is right...I will force your hand either way...you can play this one however you like...I'm just gonna sit back and wait and watch just like a black mamba...but I will strike the question for you is when :toast

Force my hand to do what?

Even if I was the LG M2K (which I'm not), I haven't violated any of their ToS to justify a ban, and the fact an internet search brings up various forum accounts with the Magic2Kobe handle, would give their mods pause in summarily banning Magic2Kobe.

But since I'm not M2K on LG, I think I'll contact Mr. Kemp and alert him to your defamation actions.

Disgusting behavior, Kool. Absolutely disgusting.

100%duncan
04-27-2013, 07:19 AM
I guess that's something you should find out by finding me...kicking my ass and then reporting back to ST of how Kool was an easy clean

You're comebacks have been weaker tbh. And they weren't even good before.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:19 AM
There's a user named Magic2Kobe on this site, as well.

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-37794.html

So the M2K on LG is probably the aforementioned Mr. Kemp or that poster from LakersTopBuzz.

it's you mid...I got your posting style and structure on lock...you gave yourself away with the basketball reference...if I were you I wouldn't keep trying to convince Kool otherwise...I'm lock and loading...you of all people know it's rare very rare indeed for Kool to be trolled

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Force my hand to do what?

Even if I was the LG M2K (which I'm not), I haven't violated any of their ToS to justify a ban, and the fact an internet search brings up various forum accounts with the Magic2Kobe handle, would give their mods pause in summarily banning Magic2Kobe.

But since I'm not M2K on LG, I think I'll contact Mr. Kemp and alert him to your defamation actions.

Disgusting behavior, Kool. Absolutely disgusting.

^Mid my mom is a lawyer by degree...so you can drop the defense....your language speaks caught like a rat :lol

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:24 AM
it's you mid...I got your posting style and structure on lock...you gave yourself away with the basketball reference...if I were you I wouldn't keep trying to convince Kool otherwise...I'm lock and loading...you of all people know it's rare very rare indeed for Kool to be trolled

Mr. Kemp has access to the Internet (as evidenced by his youtube channel) and can also use basketball reference. That evidence is circumstantial, at best, and wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

As for my style being similar to Mr. Kemp's, that doesn't mean I'm him. Monet and Renoir had very similar painting styles, and weren't the same person. Again, circumstantial.

Gonna need to come up with some "hard" evidence to convince your buddy 24 to ban Magic2Kobe. And right now, you spinning like Marcia Clark trying to find some shit on OJ.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:27 AM
also look at the number of posts you have over there mid...it's definitely your troll account..if it was a legit Laker fan they'd have a much higher post count...you troll when it's convenient..let me know if you want me to continue outing you..it's quite fun to get you all caught up..only someone as brilliant as me can troll you the way I do... like I've said many times mid you just ran into a buzzsaw when you ran into Kool..a brotha that's just an all around better person than you...it happens sometime mid....deal with it :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Mr. Kemp has access to the Internet (as evidenced by his youtube channel) and can also use basketball reference. That evidence is circumstantial, at best, and wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

As for my style being similar to Mr. Kemp's, that doesn't mean I'm him. Monet and Renoir had very similar painting styles, and weren't the same person. Again, circumstantial.

Gonna need to come up with some "hard" evidence to convince your buddy 24 to ban Magic2Kobe. And right now, you spinning like Marcia Clark trying to find some shit on OJ.

^ I don't have an account at all LG they're too religious for me....they couldn't handle me...but Kori can...and she likes it

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:32 AM
also look at the number of posts you have over there mid...it's definitely your troll account..if it was a legit Laker fan they'd have a much higher post count...you troll when it's convenient..let me know if you want me to continue outing you..it's quite fun to get you all caught up..only someone as brilliant as me can troll you the way I do... like I've said many times mid you just ran into a buzzsaw when you ran into Kool..a brotha that's just an all around better person than you...it happens sometime mid....deal with it :lol

Not proof of anything. Mr. Kemp is fairly inactive with his youtube channel, so it stands to reason he's a casual user of the internet and won't have a high post count relative to other users. Furthermore, number of posts does not always correlate with legitimacy. Many users on this site have low post counts and are not, as you call them, "trolls."

Again, circumstantial.

Gonna give up your crusade, Kool? Or do I have to contact Mr. Kemp?

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:36 AM

Marcia Clark huh...you went back to her....lol...but you left out Chris Darden...Mid my dad personally knew and was friends with Johnny Cochran...just an fyi...

now as for evidence....here's more:

Magic2Kobe
Sixth Man
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_1.gif

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Another Magic2Kobe (although named "MagictoKobe" but there's a chance the M2K on LG could be this poster. After all, I sometimes use Midknightpulp as a variation):

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/phil-jackson-sirius-channel-123-the-phil-jackson-t51981.html

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Not proof of anything. Mr. Kemp is fairly inactive with his youtube channel, so it stands to reason he's a casual user of the internet and won't have a high post count relative to other users. Furthermore, number of posts does not always correlate with legitimacy. Many users on this site have low post counts and are not, as you call them, "trolls."

Again, circumstantial.

Gonna give up your crusade, Kool? Or do I have to contact Mr. Kemp?

I think you need to contact him and NOW!!!!!! right fucking NOW mid....prove me wrong...NOW let's see it...

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Marcia Clark huh...you went back to her....lol...but you left out Chris Darden...Mid my dad personally knew and was friends with Johnny Cochran...just an fyi...

now as for evidence....here's more:

How is post count evidence of anything?

The only thing that's evidence of is that Magic2Kobe is a recent signup to Lakersground.

Reaching, Kool. Reaching.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Another Magic2Kobe (although named "MagictoKobe" but there's a chance the M2K on LG could be this poster. After all, I sometimes use Midknightpulp as a variation):

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/phil-jackson-sirius-channel-123-the-phil-jackson-t51981.html

I'm not remotely interested in all that mid....the guy I outed....masquerading as Laker fan is Midnight_Pulp of Spurstalk...you're reasonable doubt defense is weak. Post count and join date along with evidence I have from Kori that you're Magic2Kobe on ST has indeed outed you. You're defense is enough to prove your guilty...an innocent person would have dropped the issue by now...

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:45 AM
How is post count evidence of anything?

The only thing that's evidence of is that Magic2Kobe is a recent signup to Lakersground.

Reaching, Kool. Reaching.

even more proof that it's you...that's what trolls do mid....you had no reason to join prior...especially since Kobe went back to back no Shaq. After the Nash and Dwight signings and subsequent failed season that reached it's APEX in Jan...you just couldn't resist any longer so you started your troll account coinciding with that Apex...that's how trolls operate mid....let me know when you've had enough :lol...

I realize it will be hard for you to admit to your ST ass buddies that Kool is clowning you..but you and I both know that I am...hope you're enjoying your coffee this morning ;-)

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm not remotely interested in all that mid....the guy I outed....masquerading as Laker fan is Midnight_Pulp of Spurstalk...you're reasonable doubt defense is weak. Post count and join date along with evidence I have from Kori that you're Magic2Kobe on ST has indeed outed you. You're defense is enough to prove your guilty...an innocent person would have dropped the issue by now...

How so?

That's another relative assumption. You know me as one who likes to argue and prove you wrong, so this is just another example of me doing such. Just because I'm not dropping the issue doesn't prove my guilt, it only means I'm not dropping the issue. Reason? For personal motivations, which are 1) I find it funny you think I'm this Magic2Kobe and I enjoy watching your flights of fancy in trying to prove that I'm him. 2) If Magic2Kobe is indeed this Mr. Ronald Kemp, I feel it my civic duty to defend his good name against your slander.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:49 AM

Spinning like a pulsar

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 07:51 AM
even more proof that it's you...that's what trolls do mid....you had no reason to join prior...especially since Kobe went back to back no Shaq. After the Nash and Dwight signings and subsequent failed season that reached it's APEX in Jan...you just couldn't resist any longer so you started your troll account coinciding with that Apex...that's how trolls operate mid....let me know when you've had enough :lol...

I realize it will be hard for you to admit to your ST ass buddies that Kool is clowning you..but you and I both know that I am...hope you're enjoying your coffee this morning ;-)

Circumstantial.

So I take it that all Spur fan signups on here that coincided with any of their failures are trolls of other fanbases?

Furthermore, LG is an active site with thousands of members that probably gets 100s of new signups every month. Are all of those troll accounts, as well?

You're not very good at this. Did your mom get her law degree at UTSA?

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:52 AM
How so?

That's another relative assumption. You know me as one who likes to argue and prove you wrong, so this is just another example of me doing such. Just because I'm not dropping the issue doesn't prove my guilt, it only means I'm not dropping the issue. Reason? For personal motivations, which are 1) I find it funny you think I'm this Magic2Kobe and I enjoy watching your flights of fancy in trying to prove that I'm him. 2) If Magic2Kobe is indeed this Mr. Ronald Kemp, I feel it my civic duty to defend his good name against your slander.

^ you're right..I forgot you do have OCD..from your own admission :lol

if you think you need to let him then by all means do so...it won't change the fact that it's you...and you have a ST Magic2Kobe account and you recently created one on LG. Keep this up and later today I will post all of your ST Magic2Kobe dribble and send it to the ST mods for comparison...this is something I know is a fact...you know it as well...I got you dead to rights mid...we can drag this out for awhile if you like..fine by me..I have evidence you have spin...

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Circumstantial.

So I take it that all Spur fan signups on here that coincided with any of their failures are trolls of other fanbases?

Furthermore, LG is an active site with thousands of members that probably gets 100s of new signups every month. Are all of those troll accounts, as well?

You're not very good at this. Did your mom get her law degree at UTSA?

^ I'm good with excel but not pivot tables :hat

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 07:57 AM
I gotta run mid...got a morning 5 mile run to get in....should take me 45 min - I'm not a runner by nature... ;-)

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 08:01 AM
^ you're right..I forgot you do have OCD..from your own admission :lol

if you think you need to let him then by all means do so...it won't change the fact that it's you...and you have a ST Magic2Kobe account and you recently created one on LG. Keep this up and later today I will post all of your ST Magic2Kobe dribble and send it to the ST mods for comparison...this is something I know is a fact...you know it as well...I got you dead to rights mid...we can drag this out for awhile if you like..fine by me..I have evidence you have spin...

If I recall, the SpursTalk Magic2Kobe wrote grammatically poor sentences, while the LG Magic2Kobe seems to write grammatically correct sentences. So good luck with convincing LG mods the two are the same.

Dead to rights are very strong words. Contacting Mr. Kemp now and letting him know he might have a potential stalker on his hands.

JamStone
04-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Missing Kobe, huh?

That's pretty disingenuous. If record, and winning or losing, are team accomplishments, then Dwight Howard is a better playoff performer than Magic Johnson, Tracy McGrady is one of the greatest playoff performers ever despite never getting out of the first round, and the criticism of Kobe not making the playoffs in his prime is invalid. But we all know that's not the case with any of those notions. Winning and record do matter on how an individual player is perceived and viewed, and ultimately how his greatness is judged.

My point was that there's hypocrisy in this thread because if it were a player on another team putting up great individual numbers while his team being 5-12 in a series of games, that player and those performances would be discredited by Spurs fans, probably even laughed at. But because it's Duncan, he's praised. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

As for Kobe, fuck him. He's not part of these NBA playoffs. He should be ignored.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 10:39 AM
If I recall, the SpursTalk Magic2Kobe wrote grammatically poor sentences, while the LG Magic2Kobe seems to write grammatically correct sentences. So good luck with convincing LG mods the two are the same.

Dead to rights are very strong words. Contacting Mr. Kemp now and letting him know he might have a potential stalker on his hands.

you just can't stop digging a hole can you...everytime you're losing an argument you resort to the "grammatical error" card...:lol when I also posted a screen shot you PM'ing me encouraging me not to pay DPG you said the following and I quotw:
"I only said that to poke fun at your poor grammatical sentence structure." now you're playing that card again...you suck at deflecting Mid. I will go through my archives later to further expose your troll...

you thought you had it going on with Magic2Kobe but it failed here and now you're trying to ressurect it LG...thinking you can hide under the various Magic2Kobe monikers...but again Kool sniffed you out...I'm good at sniffing out pussy Mid...

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 10:42 AM
That's pretty disingenuous. If record, and winning or losing, are team accomplishments, then Dwight Howard is a better playoff performer than Magic Johnson, Tracy McGrady is one of the greatest playoff performers ever despite never getting out of the first round, and the criticism of Kobe not making the playoffs in his prime is invalid. But we all know that's not the case with any of those notions. Winning and record do matter on how an individual player is perceived and viewed, and ultimately how his greatness is judged.

My point was that there's hypocrisy in this thread because if it were a player on another team putting up great individual numbers while his team being 5-12 in a series of games, that player and those performances would be discredited by Spurs fans, probably even laughed at. But because it's Duncan, he's praised. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

As for Kobe, fuck him. He's not part of these NBA playoffs. He should be ignored.

Neither is Bill Russell...but.....talk about hypocrisy...Kobe's the only reason the NBA is watched globally....just something for you to reflect on.

DPG21920
04-27-2013, 10:43 AM

You're right which is why they lose by 30

Banzai
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Revenge for the when the lakers tapped dat ass back in 01-02

DPG21920
04-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Revenge for the when the lakers tapped dat ass back in 01-02

That was just revenge for when the Spurs tapped that ass in 99.

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 11:40 AM

Which is stupid because basketball isn't 1 on 5. A player can indeed play great but his team still lose, as in the case of Lebron vs. the Magic, Jordan vs. the Celtics, Shaq against your Pistons, Jerry West winning the Finals MVP in a losing effort, and so on. And similarly, players can play terrible and their team still win.

If record, and winning or losing, are team accomplishments,

There's is no "if." Basketball is a team game, period.

Furthermore, another thing you missed in your classic Jamstone Devil's Advocate attempt, is that a 5-12 playoff road record (and against the franchise that has won the most championships this generation) is pretty solid. That record translates into winning about 1 road playoff game per series. This isn't the regular season where a road record like that would be totally unacceptable. You're now playing contending teams that often have 30ish and something home records.

And yes, the Tim Duncan era Spurs have a losing record against the Shaq/Kobe/Gasol/Phil Jackson era Lakers, but which Western Conference team doesn't? And which Western Conference team other than the Spurs beat them during that time?

So yeah, playing great against a team of that caliber, especially on their home floor, deserves praise. Granted, Duncan has had his share of bad games against them, but his overall body of work has been more than impressive.

BTW, lol mentioning Howard and McGrady. Their PER, cumulative all-time playoff stats get a boost from their relatively small sample size compared to a player like Magic, who's played in close to twice as many playoff games as both of them combined. That said, McGrady just might one of the greatest playoff performers of all-time, that is, if we only count the first 3-5 games of the series' he's played in :lol

Banzai
04-27-2013, 11:42 AM
That was just revenge for when the Spurs tapped that ass in 99.

The cycle continues

mercos
04-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Duncan's competitive fire is vastly underrated. He always brings it in the big moments, and has been clutch his entire career. Not surprised at all that his numbers are that good against the Lakers.

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 11:57 AM
you just can't stop digging a hole can you...everytime you're losing an argument you resort to the "grammatical error" card...:lol when I also posted a screen shot you PM'ing me encouraging me not to pay DPG you said the following and I quotw: now you're playing that card again...you suck at deflecting Mid. I will go through my archives later to further expose your troll...

you thought you had it going on with Magic2Kobe but it failed here and now you're trying to ressurect it LG...thinking you can hide under the various Magic2Kobe monikers...but again Kool sniffed you out...I'm good at sniffing out pussy Mid...

Digging what hole?

Even if I were M2K (which I'm not), why would I care that you "sniffed me out?"

You're really in need of a moral victory over Spurfan after the whooping your boys are getting, aren't you? And a 37 year old Tim Duncan, the player you're obsessed with, outperforming your star-studded front line must be whipping up those 100 or so brain cells of yours into a frenzy.

But alas, M2K on LG is Mr. Kemp.

Exhibit A):

A video of Mr. Kemp campaigning for a social media job. In the video, he also reveals he's from New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxcX3nIIi8

Exhibit B):

Magic2Kobe's profile from LG:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/28sahpj.jpg

Granted, it is circumstantial evidence, but ultimately, it's more compelling evidence than your wild and speculative accusations.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Digging what hole?

Even if I were M2K (which I'm not), why would I care that you "sniffed me out?"

You're really in need of a moral victory over Spurfan after the whooping your boys are getting, aren't you? And a 37 year old Tim Duncan, the player you're obsessed with, outperforming your star-studded front line must be whipping up those 100 or so brain cells of yours into a frenzy.

But alas, M2K on LG is Mr. Kemp.

Exhibit A):

A video of Mr. Kemp campaigning for a social media job. In the video, he also reveals he's from New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxcX3nIIi8

Exhibit B):

Magic2Kobe's profile from LG:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/28sahpj.jpg

Granted, it is circumstantial evidence, but ultimately, it's more compelling evidence than your wild and speculative accusations.

actually it's typical mid's form of covering his ass since he's been outed as a M2K troll at LG..now every time you post there I will be on your ass...he has 36 posts at LG from NY and yet trolling ST for material without ever posting on ST....there's only one Magic2Kobe ST troll and it's confirmed by Kori that it's yours....

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Which is stupid because basketball isn't 1 on 5. A player can indeed play great but his team still lose, as in the case of Lebron vs. the Magic, Jordan vs. the Celtics, Shaq against your Pistons, Jerry West winning the Finals MVP in a losing effort, and so on. And similarly, players can play terrible and their team still win.

If record, and winning or losing, are team accomplishments,

There's is no "if." Basketball is a team game, period.

Furthermore, another thing you missed in your classic Jamstone Devil's Advocate attempt, is that a 5-12 playoff road record (and against the franchise that has won the most championships this generation) is pretty solid. That record translates into winning about 1 road playoff game per series. This isn't the regular season where a road record like that would be totally unacceptable. You're now playing contending teams that often have 30ish and something home records.

And yes, the Tim Duncan era Spurs have a losing record against the Shaq/Kobe/Gasol/Phil Jackson era Lakers, but which Western Conference team doesn't? And which Western Conference team other than the Spurs beat them during that time?

So yeah, playing great against a team of that caliber, especially on their home floor, deserves praise. Granted, Duncan has had his share of bad games against them, but his overall body of work has been more than impressive.

BTW, lol mentioning Howard and McGrady. Their PER, cumulative all-time playoff stats get a boost from their relatively small sample size compared to a player like Magic, who's played in close to twice as many playoff games as both of them combined. That said, McGrady just might one of the greatest playoff performers of all-time, that is, if we only count the first 3-5 games of the series' he's played in :lol

Jammie in your ass this morning causing all kinds of confusion :lol

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
actually it's typical mid's form of covering his ass since he's been outed as a M2K troll at LG..now every time you post there I will be on your ass...he has 36 posts at LG from NY and yet trolling ST for material without ever posting on ST....there's only one Magic2Kobe ST troll and it's confirmed by Kori that it's yours....

But I ask again, if I was M2K on LG (which I'm not), why would I care if was outed?

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Duncan is 5-12 against Kobe and Gasol is 0-15 without him :lol oops better make that 3-12 against Kobe since the last 2 games don't count with Kobe out :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Duncan is 5-12 against Kobe and Gasol is 0-15 without him :lol oops better make that 3-12 against Kobe since the last 2 games don't count with Kobe out :lol

correction better make that 2-12 since the last 3 games don't count...and even more wretched record against Kobe than I thought

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Road games, homie.

12-18 against Shaq/Kirb/Gasol/Phil all-time.

On a side note, Kirb is 0-4 against Dirk and 8-10 against Nash/D'Antoni :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Road games, homie.

12-18 against Shaq/Kirb/Gasol/Phil all-time.

On a side note, Kirb is 0-4 against Dirk and 8-10 against Nash/D'Antoni :lol

Boiled down to:

Kobe 5 TOSB 4

Kobe 5 Dirk 1

Kobe 5 Nash / Dantoni 0

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2013, 12:26 PM
But I ask again, if I was M2K on LG (which I'm not), why would I care if was outed?

because then they'd know how to treat you...right now your masquerading as a Laker fan on a Laker site...on ST you're just get fucked by me...pretty big difference

midnightpulp
04-27-2013, 12:28 PM
because then they'd know how to treat you...right now your masquerading as a Laker fan on a Laker site...on ST you're just get fucked by me...pretty big difference

But you still can't prove it :lol

Keep digging, Sherlock.

Nathan89
04-27-2013, 12:36 PM

:lmao

What is sad is last night wouldn't register as an impressive game because he only had 9rebs. Despite the fact he dominated the game.

whitemamba
04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
But that doesn't translate into excellence most of the time against your club, especially in the Phil Jackson era.

Most superstars shit themselves against LA on the road in the playoffs. Why your homecourt advantage record is so outstanding over the past 13 years.

times have changed.

Latarian Milton
04-27-2013, 10:15 PM
timmy has the personality of a spring. the more you stretch it the harder it pulls

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 11:03 AM
The most boring hall of famer in my life time, we can't deny what he accomplished and the numbers he put up while doing so of course, I would be heading into the full ignorant road, but in terms of flashiness he brought nothing to basketball, but in terms of fundamentals he did. That's why I view Bryant higher then him, Kobe had/has everything.

Mugen
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
The most boring hall of famer in my life time, we can't deny what he accomplished and the numbers he put up while doing so of course, I would be heading into the full ignorant road, but in terms of flashiness he brought nothing to basketball, but in terms of fundamentals he did. That's why I view Bryant higher then him, Kobe had/has everything.

There's no way you're older than 17 and there's no way you're going to a 4 year university tbh.

midnightpulp
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM

So I take it you'd prefer Dwight Howard over prime Tim Duncan on the Lakers?

Howard's got the flashiness thing down to an art. The dunks, blocking shots into the 5th row, the megawatt smile.

Dwight does bring a lot to the game of basketball, except a rudimentary post game, above average freethrow shooting, and championships to his team.

midnightpulp
04-28-2013, 11:20 AM
There's no way you're older than 17 and there's no way you're going to a 4 year university tbh.

Ah, don't be too hard on him. We were all kids once. And kids love their dunks, fadeaway jumpers over 5 players and the 6th man, overdribbling, and all that And-1 bullshit that has infested the modern game. I bet Relevancy is an Allen Iverson fan.

The Lakers' historic analogue to Duncan is Kareem. For all intents and purposes, a "boring" player in the age of the highlight. But you'd never hear a Laker fan call him that, because winning isn't boring.

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 11:20 AM
So I take it you'd prefer Dwight Howard over prime Tim Duncan on the Lakers?

Howard's got the flashiness thing down to an art. The dunks, blocking shots into the 5th row, the megawatt smile.

Dwight does bring a lot to the game of basketball, except a rudimentary post game, above average freethrow shooting, and championships to his team.No way, every time I watch Dwight in the paint I know from that instant he'll likely do his "hook-shot" if you can even call it that, and miss most of the time, Duncan could post-up, take a mid-range shot and drive to the hoop as a big, which is amazing. I just meant in terms of flashiness, Dwight has one but is missing the other one, which is the fundamental part.

Like I said, Bryant is just a way more skilled player then Duncan, doesn't take away the fact that Duncan is alongside Bryant in the HoF category.

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Ah, don't be too hard on him. We were all kids once. And kids love their dunks, fadeaway jumpers over 5 players and the 6th man, overdribbling, and all that And-1 bullshit that has infested the modern game. I bet Relevancy is an Allen Iverson fan.

The Lakers' historic analogue to Duncan is Kareem. For all intents and purposes, a "boring" player in the age of the highlight. But you'd never hear a Laker fan call him that, because winning isn't boring.I'm giving Duncan his dues, I'm not saying he's overrated or anything like that, I'm just saying I prefer Bryant over him because Kobe was the perfect model for basketball really, I don't see a problem with what I said.

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 11:30 AM
There's no way you're older than 17 and there's no way you're going to a 4 year university tbh.I wish I could, but I'm from a very modest family and you better believe we don't view money as a high priority, that's what Universities are for, to have a career and gain knowledge, but I can still be knowledgeable by walking to my nearest public library.

midnightpulp
04-28-2013, 11:31 AM
No way, every time I watch Dwight in the paint I know from that instant he'll likely do his "hook-shot" if you can even call it that, and miss most of the time, Duncan could post-up, take a mid-range shot and drive to the hoop as a big, which is amazing. I just meant in terms of flashiness, Dwight has one but is missing the other one, which is the fundamental part.

Like I said, Bryant is just a way more skilled player then Duncan, doesn't take away the fact that Duncan is alongside Bryant in the HoF category.

Kind of an unfair comparison. Guards will always be more "skilled" than bigs, since the sheer size of a big prevents them from developing many of the skills you see in wing players.

To each his own. Flashiness has never been important to me watching basketball, even before the "boring era" of the Spurs was ushered in. As fan, I just want to see the ball go into the hoop, and I couldn't care less how it's done.

Mugen
04-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I wish I could, but I'm from a very modest family and you better believe we don't view money as a high priority, that's what Universities are for, to have a career and gain knowledge, but I can still be knowledgeable by walking to my nearest public library.

Always a sob story with this one! Damnit, Rel!

midnightpulp
04-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm giving Duncan his dues, I'm not saying he's overrated or anything like that, I'm just saying I prefer Bryant over him because Kobe was the perfect model for basketball really, I don't see a problem with what I said.

From a marketing standpoint, I agree. Kobe's game is the right mix of substance and style.

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 11:46 AM
From a marketing standpoint, I agree. Kobe's game is the right mix of substance and style.Come on Mid, it's not only from a marketing standpoint, it's from every basketball standpoint, Bryant brought many controversies to himself and managed to thrive, that's what I'm gonna take from his career, speaks volumes of his strong will.

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Always a sob story with this one! Damnit, Rel!I can't help it, its my instinct :lol

midnightpulp
04-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Come on Mid, it's not only from a marketing standpoint, it's from every basketball standpoint, Bryant brought many controversies to himself and managed to thrive, that's what I'm gonna take from his career, speaks volumes of his strong will.

What I meant by that is you can sell Kobe to both basketball purists (and yes, his game does have flaws, but he is one of the most fundamentally sound perimeter players ever) and the casual fan, something you can't do with players like A.I., Dwight, etc. I interpreted your "perfect model" comment as Kobe being able to merge both of those worlds, the fundamental with the flash, which not many players can do. They're either one or the other (all substance/no style or vice versa).

I'm not sure how Kobe's controversies serve to enhance his legacy and contribute to this "perfect basketball model" you speak of. The controversy he brought on himself from '04-'07 (shooting the Lakers out of the Finals, the Colorado situation, the trade talks he fueled) was anything but ideal. He indeed did "thrive" by winning two more rings, but I think that speaks more of the Lakers organization than it does of his "strong will." You can say the tantrums he threw at the beginning of the '07 season forced the Lakers to make a move, but the Gasol trade was fomenting long before Bryant stamped his feet, as evidenced by the drafting of Marc Gasol, who became the key component in the acquisition of Pau Gasol.

Relevancy
04-28-2013, 12:49 PM
What I meant by that is you can sell Kobe to both basketball purists (and yes, his game does have flaws, but he is one of the most fundamentally sound perimeter players ever) and the casual fan, something you can't do with players like A.I., Dwight, etc. I interpreted your "perfect model" comment as Kobe being able to merge both of those worlds, the fundamental with the flash, which not many players can do. They're either one or the other (all substance/no style or vice versa).

I'm not sure how Kobe's controversies serve to enhance his legacy and contribute to this "perfect basketball model" you speak of. The controversy he brought on himself from '04-'07 (shooting the Lakers out of the Finals, the Colorado situation, the trade talks he fueled) was anything but ideal. He indeed did "thrive" by winning two more rings, but I think that speaks more of the Lakers organization than it does of his "strong will." You can say the tantrums he threw at the beginning of the '07 season forced the Lakers to make a move, but the Gasol trade was fomenting long before Bryant stamped his feet, as evidenced by the drafting of Marc Gasol, who became the key component in the acquisition of Pau Gasol.Yes my bad, I thought you meant Bryant was just marketing scheme and that's all he was, I might have over exaggerated when I mentioned the thriving things, but my point still stands, people said Bryant couldn't win without Shaq, he did, not to mention the media never really did him every favors, but Kobe was always himself even after the the rape case, which I would assume would mentally strain many people. So to put it all in a very short sentence, he was accused of rape and after that he never looked back, that's what I meant about his strong will.