PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Selective Mutism-The 4 Letter really hates the Spurs

Man In Black
04-27-2013, 04:23 AM
I came up with this term called selective mutism, it's when a person or organization deliberately chooses to not talk about something or talk about them but only in disparaging ways.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160605******=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Finally, she said that the Los Angeles Lakers are "company priority" and that her bosses hope they beat the Spurs because the Spurs aren't exciting. She said ESPN loves to talk about the Lakers.

To me, it's a strange thing to hear them talk about the love for the purity of the College Game and then watch them slit their own throats by not seeing that Pop and RC are running a College Program on a professional level.

The 4-Letter is the :devil

Thebesteva
04-27-2013, 04:58 AM
It's funny how EVERY fan base, Laker fans included hate ESPN. It's easy to feel salty over your team, but we have all seen ESPN fuck over every team all the time. There are PLENTY of situations where they have thrown Kobe under the bus in his prime as well as the Lakers organization. How many countless articles were there in 2008-2010 when Kobe was THE MAN from ESPN about how he's overrated and not clutch compared to Lebron and Carmelo?

You guys don't notice those things because you're Spur fans. Again, I am not disagreeing with you, I am just saying ESPN likes to stir the pot all the time.

Monster1776
04-27-2013, 05:19 AM
It's funny how EVERY fan base, Laker fans included hate ESPN. It's easy to feel salty over your team, but we have all seen ESPN fuck over every team all the time. There are PLENTY of situations where they have thrown Kobe under the bus in his prime as well as the Lakers organization. How many countless articles were there in 2008-2010 when Kobe was THE MAN from ESPN about how he's overrated and not clutch compared to Lebron and Carmelo?

You guys don't notice those things because you're Spur fans. Again, I am not disagreeing with you, I am just saying ESPN likes to stir the pot all the time.
ESPN is a fucking piece of shit sports "news" source and you're a simple minded idiot if you buy into the shit they spew; anyone that would give Skipe Beyless a fucking job is a joke. The only reason they have business is because they nabbed a monopoly on sports broadcasting early and there's no other competition.

Thebesteva
04-27-2013, 05:23 AM
ESPN is a fucking piece of shit sports "news" source and you're a simple minded idiot if you buy into the shit they spew; anyone that would give Skipe Beyless a fucking job is a joke. The only reason they have business is because they nabbed a monopoly on sports broadcasting early and there's no other competition.

I agree. Trust me, as Laker fans, there are plenty of times ESPN was trolling the SHIT out of us. Many times, when we'd lose a game to Lebron in 2008-2010 where the headline would ring,"King reigns supreme" or something to throw a subtle jab at the whole Kobe-Lebron feud. They have always been SUPER pro Lebron, even after The Decision they assigned that Persian writer to spend a weekend with Lebron and to kind of write an interesting piece on him.

So, Arash Markazi wrote what he observed, that Lebron is a gigantic kid with millions and loves pussy and is irresponsible. ESPN pulled the piece after he wrote it and MANY in his profession condemned the move since it was so well written. Here's the article if you never read it:

http://deadspin.com/5598719/read-espns-spiked-story-about-lebron-among-the-naked-ladies-in-vegas

racm
04-27-2013, 08:00 AM
ESPN is the perfect intersection of sports and capitalism.

Black&Silver
04-27-2013, 08:59 AM
sweep is five letters

Man In Black
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Well they are Entertainment Sports Programming Network. When they started, I used full see Australian Rules Football, Pro Wrestling, and stuff like Mud Bog races. I miss that ESPN. Nowadays, they're the Bad guy from James Bond film, Never Say Never. They are trying to infect your minds.

racm
04-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Well they are Entertainment Sports Programming Network. When they started, I used full see Australian Rules Football, Pro Wrestling, and stuff like Mud Bog races. I miss that ESPN. Nowadays, they're the Bad guy from James Bond film, Never Say Never. They are trying to infect your minds.

They've realized that to maximize profits and minimize costs, dumbing down their lineup to appeal to the Lowest Common Denominator makes the most sense.

The Spurs are the antithesis of Lowest Common Denominator in sports. Too cerebral. Too international. Too low-key.

DMC
04-27-2013, 10:31 AM
ST doesn't even talk about the Spurs.

Captivus
04-27-2013, 11:40 AM
http://deadspin.com/5598719/read-espns-spiked-story-about-lebron-among-the-naked-ladies-in-vegas

Some people just have better lives..

DMC
04-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I came up with this term called selective mutism, it's when a person or organization deliberately chooses to not talk about something or talk about them but only in disparaging ways.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=160605******=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

To me, it's a strange thing to hear them talk about the love for the purity of the College Game and then watch them slit their own throats by not seeing that Pop and RC are running a College Program on a professional level.

The 4-Letter is the :devil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_mutism

Maybe next time.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 02:33 PM

Skip Bayless is great for what he does. He's a constant devil's advocate, he's charismatic and has a fairly disarming style of riposte. He also has a lot of time in sports and has interviewed or has personal connections to thousands of players which makes his arguments appear stronger. Occasionally he has a salient point, and when he doesn't, he's a fantastic "straight man" for other analysts to tee off on/ridicule, because he never takes it personally and usually says something entertaining.

Man In Black
04-28-2013, 03:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_mutism

Maybe next time.

I know about the DSM 4, but that only applies to psychological disorders. The media part isn't like that issue. The 4-letter simply chooses to not talk about the Spurs or they opt to use words that paint the team in a more negative light...until the Spurs crash the party. Then they'll cry about ratings. Fine with me, as long as the Spurs can get at that 5th LOB.

Monster1776
04-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Skip Bayless is great for what he does. He's a constant devil's advocate, he's charismatic and has a fairly disarming style of riposte. He also has a lot of time in sports and has interviewed or has personal connections to thousands of players which makes his arguments appear stronger. Occasionally he has a salient point, and when he doesn't, he's a fantastic "straight man" for other analysts to tee off on/ridicule, because he never takes it personally and usually says something entertaining.

No, don't make him sound reasonable, that's bullshit.

Monster1776
04-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Also that article about LeBron is in here Havoc: http://deadspin.com/5598719/read-espns-spiked-story-about-lebron-among-the-naked-ladies-in-vegas

Cry Havoc
04-28-2013, 03:30 PM
No, don't make him sound reasonable, that's bullshit.

He's reasonably irrational. ESPN keeps him around for obvious reasons.

hater
04-28-2013, 03:36 PM
ESPN is terrible and it has nothing to do with lakers, spurs, stern, etc.

they are just a terrible sports news organization. Star centric, trying to please the casual fat ass basketball fan that is really more of a football fan. Basketball talk is an afterthought for them.

CBS sports, even USA today sports is much much better at talking basketball. ESPN just sucks cause they suck

CitizenDwayne
04-28-2013, 03:44 PM
ESPN is terrible and it has nothing to do with lakers, spurs, stern, etc.

they are just a terrible sports news organization. Star centric, trying to please the casual fat ass basketball fan that is really more of a football fan. Basketball talk is an afterthought for them.

CBS sports, even USA today sports is much much better at talking basketball. ESPN just sucks cause they suck

Well said. ESPN doesn't seem to know the first thing about basketball fans.

Monster1776
04-28-2013, 03:48 PM
He's reasonably irrational. ESPN keeps him around for obvious reasons.

Money? View whoring?

Cry Havoc
04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Money? View whoring?

It's ESPN. What do you think? Skip is pretty competent at making BS sound good.

DMC
04-28-2013, 09:46 PM
I know about the DSM 4, but that only applies to psychological disorders. The media part isn't like that issue. The 4-letter simply chooses to not talk about the Spurs or they opt to use words that paint the team in a more negative light...until the Spurs crash the party. Then they'll cry about ratings. Fine with me, as long as the Spurs can get at that 5th LOB.

Don't say you created the term. It's an existing term that you're using to mean something else. You just misused the term, that's all. Bitching about lack of media coverage by big market media outlets is the hallmark of gnsf. Why are you doing it? Even this series, at the end, they talked about the Lakers. The Spurs were a side note. That's fine with me. It's not like that's changed over the past 30 years that I've been a Spurs fan.

skulls138
11-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Skip Bayless is great for what he does. He's a constant devil's advocate, he's charismatic and has a fairly disarming style of riposte. He also has a lot of time in sports and has interviewed or has personal connections to thousands of players which makes his arguments appear stronger. Occasionally he has a salient point, and when he doesn't, he's a fantastic "straight man" for other analysts to tee off on/ridicule, because he never takes it personally and usually says something entertaining.Skip Bayless is a Spurs fan. He's always going back and forth with Stephen A about it.