PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Westbrook actually fought his team to not have surgery and wait until after playoffs

JohnnyMax
04-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Presti wouldnt let Westbrook play fearing he increase the damage, Westbrook fought his team over this and begged to play and not miss any playoffs.

racm
04-27-2013, 08:52 AM
:cry never missed games to injury :cry

Double-Up
04-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Houston appreciates you exercising your executive powers, Presti.

racm
04-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Presti just being careful with his young talent. Pop took Duncan out of the lineup when HE tore his meniscus.

Brazil
04-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Meanwhile Derrick rose is cleared to play since two months

Mugen
04-27-2013, 11:03 AM

My nigga Rose goes HAM in shootarounds tho

Blake
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM

Spurs would appreciate it if Houston can take advantage of it

Blake
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM

Spurs would appreciate it if Houston can take advantage of it

mercos
04-27-2013, 11:47 AM
The decision might have been tougher if the Thunder were the favorites to win it all this year. I doubt even Presti believes they will beat the Heat, so why would he risk the future of the franchise just to have the honor of losing in the Finals back to back years.

manufan10
04-27-2013, 12:33 PM

:lmao

Monster1776
04-27-2013, 01:24 PM
The decision might have been tougher if the Thunder were the favorites to win it all this year. I doubt even Presti believes they will beat the Heat, so why would he risk the future of the franchise just to have the honor of losing in the Finals back to back years.

Like I said the guy is a competitor, you can hate him all you want for how he dresses or how he acts on court but the guy isn't in it for just the paycheck like some players. This might actually be a good thing though for the Thunder, shows that Presti realizes we need to add a final piece to make this team top notch and it's the perfect catalyst for Durant to grow and do what he needs to do to be a dominating presence.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 01:31 PM

Why would he want to play in a lost season? There's no way he's going to bring enough chemistry to the Bulls in such a short time to challenge the Heat. Yeah, he's probably ducking it, but I can't blame him for wanting to wait until next season given the climate of the playoffs.

Monster1776
04-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Why would he want to play in a lost season? There's no way he's going to bring enough chemistry to the Bulls in such a short time to challenge the Heat. Yeah, he's probably ducking it, but I can't blame him for wanting to wait until next season given the climate of the playoffs.

Hes the fucking franchise player, you don't fucking duck the playoffs when you've been cleared for two fucking months to play. If you have any damned balls, you compete for that championship no matter how small that chance like Jennings on the Bucks; you don't fucking sit out and collect your pay check with a crooked smile knowing your manager doesn't have the guts to trade you out.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Like I said the guy is a competitor, you can hate him all you want for how he dresses or how he acts on court but the guy isn't in it for just the paycheck like some players. This might actually be a good thing though for the Thunder, shows that Presti realizes we need to add a final piece to make this team top notch and it's the perfect catalyst for Durant to grow and do what he needs to do to be a dominating presence.

Dude wants personal glory. That's why he refuses to defer to the 2nd best player in the league, why he throws tantrums like a 5 year old, etc. He's a headcase. This isn't about wanting to win. Dude just wants his name in lights.

Mal
04-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Hate him with passion, but dude is dedicated to the game. Same to Bryant.

Monster1776
04-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Dude wants personal glory. That's why he refuses to defer to the 2nd best player in the league, why he throws tantrums like a 5 year old, etc. He's a headcase. This isn't about wanting to win. Dude just wants his name in lights.

You're telling me that no other NBA athlete wants personal glory? You can have both a urge for personal glory and team glory; you just need to make sure the former doesn't ever outweigh the latter. Kobe, Dwight, Drose, Bynum, and LeBron are all head cases, Westbrook hasn't gotten to that level yet but he certainly could. Honestly the only dude in the league that doesn't have a selfish bone in his body is Timmy; maybe also Nash.

thunderup
04-27-2013, 01:50 PM
:lol if you intend to actually believe that take, you're a bigger moron than I thought.

crc21209
04-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Not surprised. He's an idiot :lol. Yeah you gotta appreciate that he wants to play but you gotta be smart about the rest of your career too...

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
You're telling me that no other NBA athlete wants personal glory? You can have both a urge for personal glory and team glory; you just need to make sure the former doesn't ever outweigh the latter. Kobe, Dwight, Drose, Bynum, and LeBron are all head cases, Westbrook hasn't gotten to that level yet but he certainly could. Honestly the only dude in the league that doesn't have a selfish bone in his body is Timmy; maybe also Nash.

Of course they do. Even Duncan to some extent enjoys those accolades, I'm sure. I'm not accusing Westbrook of being completely absent as a teammate, however the team comes 2nd to him. That's why he refuses to let Durant lead the team, that's why he takes insanely bad shots, that's why he forces the action all game long. Incidentally, that's probably why he's injured now, because he's done that for so long that his body finally couldn't handle it.

LeBron is a headcase? That's news to me. He seems like a great teammate and he actually convinced Wade to move down to the #2 guy, and they're rolling along. LeBron making a bad decision regarding his handling of the move to Miami does not make him a headcase.

Bynum is awful as a teammate. Would YOU want him on your team despite his production? Rose probably realizes he ain't winning shit so he's not going to put his body on the line for a title this year when it's 99% not gonna happen. Stupid decision IMO but it doesn't necessarily make him a headcase.

As far as Kobe goes, with the talent he's had around him he SHOULD have won 7 titles, minimum.

Does that mean Westbrook is a bad player? Of course not. But he's a shitty teammate and is always going to put himself first. I mean, seriously, who goes after Craig Sager in an interview unless he's got some serious fucking issues behind the curtain?

:lol if you intend to actually believe that take, you're a bigger moron than I thought.

Okay then. What reasoning do you have for Westbrook to refuse to defer to a 50-40-90 player? Does that make sense on any fucking planet to you?

Thanks though. A homer who can't see two feet past his own face who thinks I'm a moron is basically a compliment.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Hes the fucking franchise player, you don't fucking duck the playoffs when you've been cleared for two fucking months to play. If you have any damned balls, you compete for that championship no matter how small that chance like Jennings on the Bucks; you don't fucking sit out and collect your pay check with a crooked smile knowing your manager doesn't have the guts to trade you out.

Agree TBH. Just playing the advocate given Rose's situation.

Brazil
04-27-2013, 02:33 PM

:lol

benefactor
04-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Not surprised. He's an idiot :lol.
/thread

Monster1776
04-27-2013, 05:11 PM
LeBron is a headcase? That's news to me. He seems like a great teammate and he actually convinced Wade to move down to the #2 guy, and they're rolling along. LeBron making a bad decision regarding his handling of the move to Miami does not make him a headcase.

I originally gave him a pass because he seemed to have mellowed down after the whole moving to South Beach thing but after reading that article that lakersarebesteva posted I can't help but think that someone that lives that way HAS to be a head case.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
I originally gave him a pass because he seemed to have mellowed down after the whole moving to South Beach thing but after reading that article that lakersarebesteva posted I can't help but think that someone that lives that way HAS to be a head case.

Link?

baseline bum
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
It had to be done. You just can't risk Westbrook's career for one season, especially with such a great young team primed to compete for titles for the next 7 years or so. It's one thing for Artest to come back in the twilight of his career, but Westbrook is just entering his prime. Props to Presti for looking at the big picture. That core is eventually going to win multiple titles unless something drastic happens; something drastic like Westbrook destroying his knee by rushing back too soon like Brandon Roy did.

Similar situation to 2000 when Duncan was pissed he couldn't get out on the floor to defend the Spurs title, but Pop absolutely refused to let him play (even though he could have walked right off to Orlando that summer).

Monster1776
04-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Link?

I looked all over the forums but couldn't find it again. Ask him I'm sure he has it bookmarked. But the dude is living in a completely different universe; not exactly his fault, but it is what it is.

Creepn
04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Presti just being careful with his young talent. Pop took Duncan out of the lineup when HE tore his meniscus.
Spurs would've won that year.

Cry Havoc
04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
I looked all over the forums but couldn't find it again. Ask him I'm sure he has it bookmarked. But the dude is living in a completely different universe; not exactly his fault, but it is what it is.

If he ever goes apeshit on a teammate because he was out of position, we'll talk about how his head isn't screwed on right. Dude is a consummate teammate. Westbrook is a total ass and he doesn't care who's in the firing line. Huge difference.

Latarian Milton
04-27-2013, 10:30 PM
missing a game must hurt his ego as much as wearing a girl's skirt in front of cameras imho. physical damage is easy to heal but mental damage ain't (check rose's case), should just let him do what he wants tbh