PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Kevin Durant can carry this load

Embedded
04-28-2013, 08:08 AM
In the game last night, he wore down and couldn't score. If it weren't for 3 turnovers by Houston within the last 2 minutes of the game, Houston would have had this victory. Even the bearded one James Harden threw a pass to a spot 10 feet from anybody. I guess they're such a young team. I expect OKC to struggle in the next series, and I hope they don't wear Kevin Durant down to the point of injury.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I don't really expect him to get tired. He will be fine. That's not their problem. Their problem is they just lost their number 2 guy. Without having a number 2 on your basketball team, you aren't getting out of the West. That's just how it goes. I don't see them getting out of the 2nd RD.

sventhedog
04-28-2013, 09:55 AM
lebron and jordan couldn't do it alone so i don't see how durant can. end of story.

CitizenDwayne
04-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I think he could, but...

I don't think he thinks he can, which will be his downfall.

exstatic
04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, David, I'll make sure KD is protected and coddled. Gotta go now.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/05/05/sports/jp-crawford/jp-crawford-articleLarge.jpg

Amuseddaysleeper
04-28-2013, 11:49 AM
If your second best scorer has to be either Ibaka or Martin you aren't going to go very far, I'm sorry.

Proxy
04-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah, David, I'll make sure KD is protected and coddled. Gotta go now.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/05/05/sports/jp-crawford/jp-crawford-articleLarge.jpg

this picture makes me feel uncomfortable on a lot of levels. Why does it exist?

benstanfield
04-28-2013, 12:40 PM
It's gonna be weird rooting for OKC to pull off the upset in the 2nd round. I would much rather play Durant and the Who Gives a Shits than either Memphis or LAC.

silverblk mystix
04-28-2013, 12:54 PM
In the first qtr - Durant and the refs were more than enough tbh. Houston was in the penalty with about 8 or 9 minutes TO GO in the FIRST QTR!!!

Bill_Brasky
04-28-2013, 12:57 PM
OKC would need GS-level shooting to have a chance.

Mugen
04-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Any team with a semblance of competent coaching or an actual NBA offense would have beat the Thunder last night tbh. The Rockets are a terrible team IMO.

ploto
04-28-2013, 01:49 PM
If OKC can close out this round and actually get some practice time, I think they will improve. They need time to figure out how to run the offense more with the ball not in Durant's hands.

purist
04-28-2013, 01:54 PM
If OKC can close out this round and actually get some practice time, I think they will improve. They need time to figure out how to run the offense more with the ball not in Durant's hands.

Actually they have lots of experience with that .... Westbrook = ball hog. They need a distributor that's not ancient like fisher.

dbestpro
04-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Teams need to play him more physical. let him go to the line early in the game, but make him feel the fouls. This will take its toll come the fourth quarter.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Teams need to play him more physical. let him go to the line early in the game, but make him feel the fouls. This will take its toll come the fourth quarter.

Good point. Good hard fouls. He will be exhausted.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Any team with a semblance of competent coaching or an actual NBA offense would have beat the Thunder last night tbh. The Rockets are a terrible team IMO.

My thoughts exactly.

spurraider21
04-28-2013, 03:03 PM
For all the crap we give Westbrook (most of which is absolutely deserved), he's still one of the better players in the league. Yeah, he tends to be too much of a volume shooter, and tends to make some shit decisions with the ball late in games, but at the same time he's providing them with an easy 22 points and is usually good for 7-8 assists. He's the one that allows Durant to cherry pick his shots to make him look godly efficient

jimbo
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
lebron and jordan couldn't do it alone so i don't see how durant can. end of story.

This, although Ibaka was doing a good sidekick impression last night

Embedded
04-28-2013, 03:27 PM
They don't have Harden, Westbrook, or Eric Maynor, point guard, that they traded to Portland. They ran Kevin Durant ragged against Houston in Game 3, and it showed, Durant went a long time clanging shots after his exhaustive start. It was surprising. I'm telling you, if Houston hadn't made so many boneheaded gaffes at the end they would have won that game.

cd98
04-28-2013, 03:28 PM
I think Durrant can carry this team to the WCF. They have good defense and Durrant can get a shot off on anybody. Sure Houston choked, but Durrant didn't. He hit the game winner on Houston's home court. He can do the same against the Grizzlies or Clippers. I'm not saying they will win, but they have a fighters chance.

pgardn
04-28-2013, 04:19 PM
The lack of ball movement at the end of the Houston/OKC game was horrifying.

Had to be the worst, close, playoff game this season.

RD2191
04-28-2013, 04:25 PM
OKC is finished. If Houston wasn't the worst team in the world they would be up 2-1

SouthTexasRancher
04-28-2013, 09:28 PM
The Thunder will get worn down to the bone in the next series. I can only imagine what Little Davey Stern is thinking now that he isn't going to get a Lakers vs. Heat Finals and now his backup scenerio is pretty much shot. He may jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if the Spurs win the West. Just hope he can swim because I can't picture anyone jumping in to save his sorry ass.

ironman2886
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Only team that scares me in the West is Memphis. I don't want to see Conley and Allen shutdown Parker. We all know Zbo and Gasol will have a shit load of confidence if they meet the Spurs in the WCF. And fuck D.Arthur. I Hate that bitch.

KaiRMD1
04-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Durant now has a chance to get out of second place. If he can lead the Thunder to the finals, that would be grea. But Westbrook is the only that got injured, not the refs.

therealtruth
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
The Thunder must be hating themselves for getting the #1 seed. They had to face the Rockets who are tougher than the Lakers and they injured Westbrook. Then when the get done with Rockets they will have a dogfight against the Clippers/Grizzlies. Meanwhile the Spurs should cruise to the WCF if they maintain their defense.

therealtruth
04-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I think Durrant can carry this team to the WCF. They have good defense and Durrant can get a shot off on anybody. Sure Houston choked, but Durrant didn't. He hit the game winner on Houston's home court. He can do the same against the Grizzlies or Clippers. I'm not saying they will win, but they have a fighters chance.

Durant can't play 48 minutes every game and play PG. He's eventually going to get tired.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Only team that scares me in the West is Memphis. I don't want to see Conley and Allen shutdown Parker. We all know Zbo and Gasol will have a shit load of confidence if they meet the Spurs in the WCF. And fuck D.Arthur. I Hate that bitch.

Yep. The Grizz have an actual coach. Lets go Clippers. Popovich owns Del Negro.

waisman
04-29-2013, 04:49 AM
i think so .
KD 47min 30FGA 13FTA in 3game

Mal
04-29-2013, 06:16 AM
You cant beat Spurs singlehanded.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 08:26 AM
You cant beat Spurs singlehanded.

^ this

If LeBron couldn't do it, neither can Durant.

moisaenz
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
^ this

If LeBron couldn't do it, neither can Durant.

Durant has a way better team than Lebron ever had in cleveland.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Remains to be seen how effective the Thunder play with durant being options A and B. The Houston series may shed a little light but we wont get anything really indicative til the 2nd round.