PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard is a quitter

MannyIsGod
04-28-2013, 07:37 PM
He got ejected but he quit on his team. If I'm the Lakers, there's no way I try to sign this guy. Just cut your losses. Dude is an athletic beast but has almost nothing upstairs.

David Robinson got so much flak for being "soft" and he absolutely is a million times stronger mentally and physically than Howard.

Gagnrath
04-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Howard I still see alot of hope for Howard. LA was just completely the wrong situation he needs a strong coach and organized team.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2013, 07:40 PM
LOL There's a reason that Kobe comes out of the locker room the moment Howard goes in. Kobe would never have quit on his team like that.

MarCowMar
04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm embarrassed to be in the same generation as Dwight.

If I'm the Lakers, I let Dwight walk. Let Kobe retire at the top of his game (more or less) and take an injury exception on his contract. Amnesty Nash. Trade Gasol and Artest to a contending team for some young talent. Start from scratch and let Stern rig the lottery for you.

gospursgojas
04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Its not his first time...or his last.

MaineSpursFan
04-28-2013, 07:44 PM
is there anywhere to see a replay of the full game, i thought it was on at 1030 tonight!! =(

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2013, 07:46 PM
LOL There's a reason that Kobe comes out of the locker room the moment Howard goes in. Kobe would never have quit on his team like that.

:lmao uh, are you unaware of Kobe's history, tbh?..

The Kobe-era Lakers are known for quitting..they get blown out and quit, every time they're on the verge of losing a series..

2003 vs. Spurs
2004 vs. Pistons
2006/2007 vs. Suns
2008 vs. Celtics
2011 vs. Mavs

The Suns game included Kobe sending a message by not shooting in the 2nd half, and the Mavs game included cheap shots to Dirk and Barea..

Quitting is the Laker way, Howard is just following the protocol..

Gagnrath
I'm embarrassed to be in the same generation as Dwight.

If I'm the Lakers, I let Dwight walk. Let Kobe retire at the top of his game (more or less) and take an injury exception on his contract. Amnesty Nash. Trade Gasol and Artest to a contending team for some young talent. Start from scratch and let Stern rig the lottery for you.

No amnesty possible on Nash his contract was signed under the new CBA. Its Pau Kobe and maybe Metta that would be eligible for the Lakecomedyshow.

benefactor
As far a star players go, Bible Kemp is the biggest mental midget in league history.

DuncanInYourFace
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Howard is just not a winner and is headcase team cancer with the basketball iq of a lukewarm hot pocket.

Sobe_Kucks
04-28-2013, 07:54 PM

Unless it was the finals against the Pistons...

jermaine
04-28-2013, 07:59 PM
The white boy was kicking his ass. I said the same thing in the game thread. He quit!

Mugen
04-28-2013, 07:59 PM
:lol Kobe's quit on them many a times, he just stays in the games.

:lol Lakers handing the keys to the castle to Dwight

z0sa
04-28-2013, 08:01 PM
It's the Laker way.

Bruno
04-28-2013, 08:29 PM
BTW, how many children from different wives has the "good christian" ?

Spurs Brazil
04-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Fuck Howard and FTL

cd98
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
He is a fraud. Hope Lakers give him the max so he can ruin them for the next seven years.

cd98
04-28-2013, 08:37 PM

He couldn't stand being in a locker room with someone who doesn't give a damn in a playoff game. Kobe is a lot of things, but not a quitter.

Darius McCrary
04-28-2013, 08:40 PM

The Kobe-era Lakers are known for quitting..they get blown out and quit, every time they're on the verge of losing a series..

2003 vs. Spurs
2004 vs. Pistons
2006/2007 vs. Suns
2008 vs. Celtics
2011 vs. Mavs

The Suns game included Kobe sending a message by not shooting in the 2nd half, and the Mavs game included cheap shots to Dirk and Barea..

You are so fucking stupid sometimes I'm scared if anyone actually believes your revisionist crap.

Lakers quit on spurs 2003?

Aaaaaaaaand you should be pinked.

Stabula
04-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Howard is amazing

Libri
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Howard press conference coming up

http://www.nba.com/live1/

Embedded
04-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I knew it! He didn't want to be embarrassed by Mr. Aron Baynes, who is stronger than him. How pathetic, he just quit on his team when they needed him the most.

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2013, 08:46 PM
You are so fucking stupid sometimes I'm scared if anyone actually believes your revisionist crap.

Lakers quit on spurs 2003?

Aaaaaaaaand you should be pinked.

Any elimination game where you lose by 25+ without injuries = quitting..

Teams with the Lakers level of talent would never lose by 25+ in elimination games if they were giving a decent effort, obviously..

And I don't know anything about your posting history, so I won't reply to your last point, tbh..probably a Stephen Jackson fan, tbh:lol..

dbreiden83080
04-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Hand him a max deal LA.. You will never ever win anything with him.. No chance..

Creation88
04-28-2013, 08:48 PM
why is this a surprise to anyone? Dwight Howard is a massive, crab infected vagina.

Stabula
04-28-2013, 08:49 PM
why is this a surprise to anyone? Dwight Howard is a massive, crab infected vagina. I like your style

ElNono
04-28-2013, 08:53 PM

Up until last night, I believe the magic number is five.

dunkman
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
People talked a lot about Pau being worthless before he joined the Lakers. Dwight needs a better coach, an different environment.

Bruno
04-28-2013, 08:58 PM

:lmao

SouthTexasRancher
04-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Dwight is a cancer. He is respected by no one except for them thrill up their legs assholes at espn. If the Laker management was smart (and they are NOT as long as the Buss IDIOT kid is running things) they'd sign and trade his sorry ass to another team and get some team type players in return. Keep Gasol as he is a winner and plays well with Kobe who'll definitely make a comeback next season. As much as I respect Nash he will be at best the next Billups or Fisher......a good experienced backup for the new young guns at guard for the Lakers.

100%duncan
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Fuck this clown.

Mark in Austin
If I'm LA I would call up Brooklyn & see if they still want him for Lopez & whatever. Billy King is dumb enough to make a S&T deal. If I'm Brooklyn I would insist that they take back Wallace's corpse in any deal.

hater
IMO Dwight is a solid player, but nowhere near a max player or a frachise player.

Dude is like 1/2 an apple. 1/2 of it is good, but the other 1/2 is nonexistent

wut
It's like Reggie Miller was saying (and I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Miller on anything), I dunno if Howard is worth a max dollar contract. Howard doesn't provide the same kind of scoring consistently when it matters; guy folds under real pressure.

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Howard is easily worth a max deal, it's not even arguable..

Have you guys taken a look at the other max players in the NBA over the last 5 years, tbh?..

crc21209
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM
The guy is never going to win shit. He doesnt have the balls or the heart to lead a team to a championship. He never takes things seriously, he's always laughing and goofing off..

Cane
04-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Dwight even got suspended in a Game 7 during Orlando's Finals run. He hasn't gotten tougher mentally.

Hell I think Dwight even got a Spurs fan kicked out in one of the games 2 season ago lol

Over/under on Dwight joining the Rockets, Mavs, or....Spurs though? Tax savings + better future than the Lakers imo

Sean Cagney
04-28-2013, 09:11 PM
I can't stand the dude, thats all.

Paulie
04-28-2013, 09:13 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/945068_4670629208064_750057150_n.jpg

Cane
04-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Yea Dwight makes Ong Bak look weak...a reckless elbow just waiting to find something. I wonder if that's what he learned from training with Shaq and Karl Malone

therealtruth
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM

Have you guys taken a look at the other max players in the NBA over the last 5 years, tbh?..

That's the reason he will get a max but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a max player.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM

So because other GMs have given out bad deals that makes Howard worth a max deal? Someone is going to give Howard a max deal but its going to be a stupid decision.

dbreiden83080
04-28-2013, 09:22 PM

If you want to give him a max deal because you think he'll sell tickets fine. But he is not a player you build around to win a chip..

Spur|n|Austin
04-28-2013, 09:23 PM
He's a quitter, he's a sore loser, he's dirty, and most importantly, he's OVERRATED.

pgardn
04-28-2013, 09:31 PM

And to add to the amazing stat:

From 5 diff. women. Thats what I read in an Orlando paper. Cant find it though. His current GF and Dwitt have one but want another. So the gene pool degenerates.

spurs10
04-28-2013, 09:33 PM
is there anywhere to see a replay of the full game, i thought it was on at 1030 tonight!! =(
Fox SW aka FSSW will show it again at midnight I believe.

Malice
04-28-2013, 09:36 PM

Has there ever been a more mentally pathetic "max player" in the NBA over the last 5 years, tbh?

pjjrfan
04-28-2013, 09:38 PM
He bailed out on his team or his soon to be ex team whatever the case may be.

superjames1992
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't think he's ever been married, tbh. Just different baby mommas. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
:lol Dwight Howard better than Tim Duncan

Bruno
04-28-2013, 09:57 PM

Come on, he is a good christian. He can't have sex outside marriage...

BeakersBro
04-28-2013, 09:57 PM

The new CBA is a is going to put pressure on max contracts for players who aren't going to win you a championship. The rules have changed.

DH has too may weaknesses to build a championship quality team around. Great athlete, no a great BB player.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Come on, he is a good christian. He can't have sex outside marriage...

He's a good Catholic if nothing else...

Obstructed_View
04-28-2013, 10:18 PM
BTW, anyone know why the Howard presser won't play on NBA.COM?

skulls138
04-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Someone shouldve taken a baseball bat to the motherfucker for what he almost did to Parker, pretending he was trying to save the ball out of bounds. He had no chance at that ball and knew it. Im glad he failed at what he was trying to do.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2013, 10:37 PM
BTW, anyone know why the Howard presser won't play on NBA.COM?

They quit.

StoneBuddha
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM

http://www.blackmediascoop.com/2013/04/22/super-ho-nba-star-expecting-5th-baby-by-5th-baby-mama/

racm
04-28-2013, 11:48 PM
wight H_war is a soft player, tbh.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm praying the Lakers sign Howard.

therealtruth
04-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Someone shouldve taken a baseball bat to the motherfucker for what he almost did to Parker, pretending he was trying to save the ball out of bounds. He had no chance at that ball and knew it. Im glad he failed at what he was trying to do.

Definitely a scary moment especially when TP was limping after.

baseline bum
04-29-2013, 01:13 AM

2003 vs. Spurs
2004 vs. Pistons
2006/2007 vs. Suns
2008 vs. Celtics
2011 vs. Mavs

That game 7 against Phoenix was a stain on Kobe's career every bit as bad (and prob worse) as Bible Kemp's outburst will be on his. LOL Kobe quitting in a fucking game 7. :rollin

Spursfanfromafar
04-29-2013, 01:46 AM
I'm praying the Lakers sign Howard.

Me too (to the basketball gods)...

If the Lakers sign Howard, it is more than likely that they amnesty/waive Gasol. And quite likely that we prise Gasol from the wretched situation he has been made to put up with .. with the Fakers.

Even an injury prone and old Gasol would be a terrific fit with the Spurs.

The bloody Fakers - especially that dumb*uck D'Antoni - totally destroyed Gasol in the last two years by mis-playing him. Such a fantastic talent as a big man who can do so many things in the high/low post and he was reduced mostly to a glorified jump shooter and a high-low passer the past two years.

So, please, Mitch Kupchak, sign Howard.. retain D'Antoni.. and hopefully Kobe recovers quickly as well, as the Fakers buy into more hype and unreal enthusiasm with the useless Nash, Kobe, Howard core for another year.

milkyway21
04-29-2013, 07:08 AM
He is a quitter of his team alright, but I hope this is not the end of Dwight Howard. His whining during interviews and basketball court antics in this series made him look bad and immature, loses his cool in the clincher, but this could be a step and wakeup call so he can improve his game & CHARACTER. He used to be one funny guy before. The responsibility on his shoulder lost his control.

The Spurs swept LeBron James in 2007 too but look where he is now...He won MVPs since and a title too.

Duncan is NOT just one lucky guy who won a title in his sophomore yr... Because he worked hard for it.
But Duncan is no longer the future of the NBA, those young guys are-LeBron, Durant, Howard, Anthony, Wade. But it takes perseverance and hardwork and LEADERSHIP to win one. Obviously, Howard needs a dose of the last ingredient. HE was clearly reluctant to lead Kobe's team. His crew in the last 2 games besides Gasol, looked lost with Kobe & Nash out.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Sign Howard. Give us Gasol, motherfuckers.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Sign Howard. Give us Gasol, motherfuckers.

Heh...that would be awesome. Pau would shine brightly under Pop. Not gonna happen, though.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Heh...that would be awesome. Pau would shine brightly under Pop. Not gonna happen, though.

One can dream. We would be staaaaaaaaaaackeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedd.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 08:32 AM
He is a quitter of his team alright, but I hope this is not the end of Dwight Howard. His whining during interviews and basketball court antics in this series made him look bad and immature, loses his cool in the clincher, but this could be a step and wakeup call so he can improve his game & CHARACTER. He used to be one funny guy before. The responsibility on his shoulder lost his control.

The Spurs swept LeBron James in 2007 too but look where he is now...He won MVPs since and a title too.

Duncan is NOT just one lucky guy who won a title in his sophomore yr... Because he worked hard for it.
But Duncan is no longer the future of the NBA, those young guys are-LeBron, Durant, Howard, Anthony, Wade. But it takes perseverance and hardwork and LEADERSHIP to win one. Obviously, Howard needs a dose of the last ingredient. HE was clearly reluctant to lead Kobe's team. His crew in the last 2 games besides Gasol, looked lost with Kobe & Nash out.

Howard doesn't belong in that list imho. Wade too, but he gets a pass for winning a ship in a team that he was an alpha.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Howard doesn't belong in that list imho. Wade too, but he gets a pass for winning a ship in a team that he was an alpha.

Wade doesnt belong but Carmelo does?

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Wade doesnt belong but Carmelo does?

I didn't see him sorry. :lol

But to be fair with Melo, he's been bringing the goods this season.

boutons_deux
04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Lakers, Dwight Howard need to walk away from each other
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/3/article/p2p-75698978/

z0sa
04-29-2013, 09:10 AM

He always brings the scoring goods, but scoring leader and leading a title team aren't one and the same. Wade is in a totally separate category from Melo and Howard because of that. At least he was at one point not too long ago.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
He always brings the scoring goods, but scoring leader and leading a title team aren't one and the same. Wade is in a totally separate category from Melo and Howard because of that. At least he was at one point not too long ago.

That's why I said he gets a pass for that. Let's see what's Melo got this postseason. But there's no question that Melo>Howard imho.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Miami probably crushes NY again so I dont know where youre going with this Melo thing tbh.

milkyway21
04-29-2013, 11:31 AM

and to be fair with Dwayne Wade, he led his team before to the Finals and won a title vs Dallas :nope

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
and to be fair with Dwayne Wade, he led his team before to the Finals and won a title vs Dallas :nope

:toast

BatManu20
04-29-2013, 11:35 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJCC7BgCAAEn2Bm.jpg

milkyway21
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM

Howard was in the weak east with Orlando but he was in the Finals before :wakeup...doesn't mean the Spurs swept Howard that he is already a loser..He was with the wrong team or a depleted team, or wrong coach, or maybe he should have waited more months to recuperate to be truly effective.

I included their names:
LeBron, Durant, Howard, Anthony, Wade <<-- because they weretop picks in the draft and that was expected of them, to lead their teams to a title just like Duncan #1 pick

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Howard was in the weak east with Orlando but he was in the Finals before :wakeup...doesn't mean the Spurs swept Howard that he is already a loser..He was with the wrong team or a depleted team, or wrong coach, or maybe he should have waited more months to recuperate to be truly effective.

I included their names:
LeBron, Durant, Howard, Anthony, Wade <<-- because they weretop picks in the draft and that was expected of them, to lead their teams to a title just like Duncan #1 pick

Still a loser, tbh.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Anthony couldve had a title with Detroit even if theres no way he gets off the end of LB's bench... lol Darko

JR3
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/524655_10101395726544707_79408655_n.jpg

tesseractive
04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
If Dwight ends up in the right situation with the right coach -- and his injuries aren't permanently limiting -- he could still turn things around. I mean, look at Kobe and the Phoenix series, or the times LeBron folded on the Cavs. Most people remember title-winning Kobe and LeBron, not bitch Kobe and LeBron.

My guess is that he's the kind of headcase that Phil Jackson could turn around. Who else in the league could, I don't know. Keep him in line and pair him with a gamer on the wing who can hit key shots down the stretch (think Shaq-Kobe), and you could have a pretty nice title contender. Shame for the Lakers that Jimmy Buss doesn't want to hire Phil.