PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: 2012-2013 Lakers: A Lesson in Extreme Implosion

Calispursfan11
04-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Tbh there is no debate that from start to finish this season for the Lakers was a disaster. From Brown to Pringles to the worst combination of talented stars ever assembled on one team, to the injuries, to the whining and drama, to barely making the playoffs just to get beat down by the Spurs' broom. You could see it in Tony's eyes tonight. He actually felt sorry for them. Like he'd beaten a bunch of 5th graders. Just sad.

Despite all the good excuses they can and will make, and even though they made the playoffs, there is an argument that these Lakers will go down as the most disappointing NBA team of all time. Maybe they do not truly deserve this label, but the shame of being on such a bad good team will haunt all of these Lakers for the rest of their careers.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2013, 08:47 PM
didnt the lakers had the weakest schedule and still needed sterns help end of season just to barely qualify for the playoffs

lol snitch knew his role when he came out of the locker room, didnt even shake hands at the end of the game, yeh thats right, fans arent allowed to shake hands with players end of games

Latarian Milton
04-29-2013, 12:31 AM
tbh even the mavs or utah would've pulled the series to 5 or 6 games. stern did his best to insert the lakers into the playoffs but only ended up shooting himself in the foot. lakers getting swept by their arc rival would cause more damage to their popularity & team moral than missing the playoffs tbh

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 12:35 AM
tbh even the mavs or utah would've pulled the series to 5 or 6 games. stern did his best to insert the lakers into the playoffs but only ended up shooting himself in the foot. lakers getting swept by their arc rival would cause more damage to their popularity & team moral than missing the playoffs tbh

No tbh.

Bynumite
04-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Spurfan acting like they just swept the Dream Team instead of a team completely obliterated by injuries and without their best player :lol

"YAY, we beat a D league backcourt... whoop dee fucking doo".

midnightpulp
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Spurfan acting like they just swept the Dream Team instead of a team completely obliterated by injuries and without their best player :lol

"YAY, we beat a D league backcourt... whoop dee fucking doo".

Their team was obliterated by the stupid decisions your front office made.

Mitch: All right, Jimbo, the plan is to sign a 40 year old injury prone point guard, whose main backup will be a 33 year old. We're gonna keep Metta World Peace. 34 years old and on the decline. We'll sign a 37 year old backup to our 32 year old power forward. And Jodie fuckin' Meeks will be Kobe's backup, meaning he probably won't see too much time on the floor. Yeah, we're old and don't have any depth. But who fuckin' cares? We got Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Steve Nash.

Jimbo: Let's do it, Mitch. Here's your blank check. Make it happen.

flash forward to the eve of Mike Brown's firing

Jimbo: Mitch, I don't know about this. The team seems old and slow out there. This new NBA, it's fast and teams are deep with athletes. Whatta we do?

Mitch: I got it, Jimbo.

Jimbo: Yeah?

Mitch: Yep. Our guys are old and slow, right? And we lack depth, right?

Jimbo: Yeah?

Mitch: I got the perfect coach in mind to make it all work. The guy whose style will complement our team's build perfectly.

Jimbo: Got me on the edge of my fuckin' seat. Who is it?

Mitch: Mike D'Antoni.

Jimbo: Mitch, old boy, Jerry West ain't got nothing on you. You have indeed become the motherfucking teacher. Here's another blank check. Make it happen.

Robz4000
04-29-2013, 01:45 AM
God damn mid is going HAM tonight. Glad to see your confidence in the Spurs revived bro.

Thebesteva
04-29-2013, 02:04 AM
Someone in that Lakers FO better be having a "Hitler reacts to" youtube video style meeting tonight. I swear man, they better get their shit together.