PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Is 2013 going to be like 2007?

Jacob1983
04-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Just think about it for a minute. The Spurs have an extremely easy path to the Finals. The Warriors are going to upset a team that had a franchise best in wins this season. Westbrick is hurt and won't play for OKC. Lecrab has a good chance of going back to the Finals. Is this year going to be like 2007? The Warriors are likely to go to the 2nd round of the playoffs. In 2007, the Spurs didn't have the pleasure of playing them in the playoffs.

The only thing that would be different in the Finals for the Spurs is they won't have HCA against the Heat if they meet up in the Finals. The Spurs have always had HCA in the Finals. They have never even trailed in the Finals too. Might be new territory for the team. How would Spurs fans react if their team only got a Western Conference championship this year but fell short in the Finals?

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 01:11 AM
I don't know tbh.

lefty
04-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Didnt we sweep the Lakers in 99

midnightpulp
04-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Most likely, except the Spurs will now be in the Cavs' role this time around.

Robz4000
04-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Tbh, to start the season the Spurs' ceiling was the Finals so making that is a job well done. Prolly won't get swept but winning more than five would be an accomplishment.

siraulo23
04-29-2013, 01:40 AM
spurs getting to the finals is like a championship at this point imo, i just hope they win a couple of games vs lebron and the heat

spurraider21
04-29-2013, 01:40 AM

says the guy who wouldn't have been surprised if we lost to the lakers

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 01:43 AM

Damn spurraider21 goin ham on that ass. :lol

Jacob1983
04-29-2013, 01:44 AM
The Mavs were huge underdogs and didn't have HCA against the Heat in 2011. Why couldn't this year's Spurs do that? They have Tim Duncan. Tim fuckin Duncan. He is much better than Tyson Chandler and who the hell is going to guard him on the Heat? Lebron or fruity bastard Bosh? You serious?

Latarian Milton
04-29-2013, 01:56 AM
the finals featuring spurs & heat will be fun to watch tbh. spurs haven't lost no finals in the duncan era, say every time they reached the finals they could bring home the trophy, but it'll be very hard for them to continue the trend this year when they have to face miami in the finals.

Thebesteva
04-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Just think about it for a minute. The Spurs have an extremely easy path to the Finals. The Warriors are going to upset a team that had a franchise best in wins this season. Westbrick is hurt and won't play for OKC. Lecrab has a good chance of going back to the Finals. Is this year going to be like 2007? The Warriors are likely to go to the 2nd round of the playoffs. In 2007, the Spurs didn't have the pleasure of playing them in the playoffs.

The only thing that would be different in the Finals for the Spurs is they won't have HCA against the Heat if they meet up in the Finals. The Spurs have always had HCA in the Finals. They have never even trailed in the Finals too. Might be new territory for the team. How would Spurs fans react if their team only got a Western Conference championship this year but fell short in the Finals?

I was about to make a thread about how this year seems like 2007 all over again in alot of ways...FUCKIN weird. This is the weirdest shit since I found out Thread is wearing his grandmother's panties right now having a hardcore debate with himself over returning to Spurstalk

FkLA
04-29-2013, 03:05 AM
Just get there I dont give a fuck if we arent favored or if other players got injured. Noone gave the Mavs a shot in 2011 against the Heatles and look what happened.

Reck
04-29-2013, 03:19 AM

Brother, that's a stretch.

Spurs would definitely be the underdogs but we'd be competitive at least. The 07 Cavs were an atrocity.

midnightpulp
04-29-2013, 03:21 AM

They didn't deserve a vote of confidence with the way they finished the season. They were playing terrible, terrible basketball. And at that point, I wouldn't have been surprised. Even in game 1, they looked shaky. Glad they worked the cobwebs out and found their rhythm, but I had good reason to be nervous.

I also didn't expect Dwight to be this bad. :lol I expected him to have a good series against Splitter/Duncan. But holy shit, is the guy dysfunctional.

midnightpulp
04-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Brother, that's a stretch.

Spurs would definitely be the underdogs but we'd be competitive at least. The 07 Cavs were an atrocity.

We'll see. No matter what, making the Finals will be gravy. We do that, and the season will have far exceeded my expectations.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 03:31 AM
midnightpulp time to nut up and believe nigga. :smokin

hater
04-29-2013, 03:31 AM
As of right now okc vs spurs matchup is about even.and okc has home court. Its. Ahuge order for spurs to go steal one in okc. Imo thy are still not quite there yet

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2013, 04:27 AM
we go as far tosb duncan will carry us

could care less about the rest

UNCLE-DREW
04-29-2013, 04:53 AM
The Mavs were huge underdogs and didn't have HCA against the Heat in 2011. Why couldn't this year's Spurs do that? They have Tim Duncan. Tim fuckin Duncan. He is much better than Tyson Chandler and who the hell is going to guard him on the Heat? Lebron or fruity bastard Bosh? You serious?

Norris Cole

Not that i take you any serious, But the question shouldn't be who the hell is going to defend duncan if you get what i mean. :lmao

Leetonidas
04-29-2013, 05:12 AM
The real question is who is going to defend Cory Joseph tbh

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Nope. Who'll defend Matty Ice?

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 09:30 AM
We swept the Lakers...okay, a beaten up Lakers, but the Lakers nonetheless. Anything after that is gravy.

Would love to see a Spurs-Heat Finals, though.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Phillip
04-29-2013, 09:43 AM
this is a high quality thread, with a very valid point from the op :tu

I. Hustle
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
http://darkoindex.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/danny-green-and-kawhi-leonard-pointing.jpg?w=300&h=180

Raven
04-29-2013, 10:13 AM

:lol

mercos
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
The Westbrook injury really made this postseason remind me of 2007. In 07 it wasn't an injury, but the Warriors taking out the Mavs. That opened the door for the Spurs and made it feel like the championship was ours to lose. After the Mavs went down, all we had to do was get past Phoenix in round 2 and the title was pretty much on lock. It was looking like a tough series until A'mare and Diaw came off the bench and gave away any shot the Suns had at beating us. This year's version of the Suns is the Heat. We should be favored against the Warriors and Thunder/Clippers/Grizzlies. There is even the slight (extremely slight) chance that the Knicks could beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals, in which case we would be favored against them as well. The door could open even further for the Spurs if D-Wade's knee continues to act up.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-29-2013, 10:30 AM
It's going to be like a series finale for the Tim Duncan era, where there will be call backs and references to all sorts of stuff through the years. Sweeping the Lakers from 99, injuries taking out key players for the opposing teams like in 03, handprints left on D'Antoni's ass like in 05 (where his starting SG was hurt) and 07 (where his star big did something stupid).

ffadicted
04-29-2013, 10:36 AM
The Cavs are sh*t tier compared to the heat this year lol

Spurs 4 The Win
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
This isnt like 07. There isnt a defacto NBA finals happening in the WCSF like their was with pheonix in 07. Now if Miami got knocked out by NY that might be a different story.

Clipper Nation
04-29-2013, 10:45 AM

:lol The Heat have given Gaycob the biggest case of asspain in recorded human history, tbh...

Jumi
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
I think the winner of the Knicks/Pacers series has a damn good chance of beating the Heat. I would like it to be the Knicks, considering the fact I'm an undercover Knicks fan, but Miami's path to the title will be a lot tougher than most fans seem to think! The first round is over, it's time for some "big boy" basketball!! Put the women and children to bed, this shit is about to get real!!

Latarian Milton
04-30-2013, 06:23 AM
our path to glory will be tougher this year than last year, not just because the spurs have been playing their best games since 07 but also that the east is also much tougher than last year. knicks seemed to have picked up the superb form they had early on in this season, and niggas like TC & kidd know how to beat this team even though we're also a better team than the 11' one.

i have total confidence we'll beat the bulls in the 2nd round but the series won't be easy either. they play grinding-out defense on a lental basis which will minimize the threat of our offense, and i believe that if the bulls got above-average offense, they would have a legit chance to upset us. our offensive efficiency against half-court defense ain't too good imho, due to the absence of a low-post scorer and a play-making PG

100%duncan
04-30-2013, 06:36 AM
our path to glory will be tougher this year than last year, not just because the spurs have been playing their best games since 07 but also that the east is also much tougher than last year. knicks seemed to have picked up the superb form they had early on in this season, and niggas like TC & kidd know how to beat this team even though we're also a better team than the 11' one.

i have total confidence we'll beat the bulls in the 2nd round but the series won't be easy either. they play grinding-out defense on a lental basis which will minimize the threat of our offense, and i believe that if the bulls got above-average offense, they would have a legit chance to upset us. our offensive efficiency against half-court defense ain't too good imho, due to the absence of a low-post scorer and a play-making PG

Dafuq bruh. Bulls won't do shit to you tbh.