PDA

View Full Version : Was it really that easy?

PopRocks
04-29-2013, 07:32 AM
The Spurs dominated LA, never a moment of concern that even a game was in doubt much less the series.

Just thinking back on the series. The smallest margin of victory was 11 and that was because the refs brought everyone back on the court for the Lakers to hit a last second, undefended 3 pointer.

Figured some of you stat guys could help on this:
Lakers never lead in Game 4; their last lead had to be early on in Game 3 when was it?

How many time in the series did the Lakers even have a lead in the games?

When then Spurs were down in points, what was the largest deficit?

hater
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
as I said before series started. This is Spurs pre-season. The chance to get the team in playoff form. Lakers were not even a playoff team. Playoffs start in round 2.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
With all the injuries to the Lakers, we were basically picking on the retarded kid in this series.

Still sweet to sweep the Lakers, though. It's great to have the breaks go our way for a change.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

PopRocks
04-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Not gloating or thinking this was the most glorious series in Spurs history.

We were given several breaks and took advantage of it.

We should have dominated give the situation, but based on leads/game score, was just trying to get a handle on how dominant it was.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Not gloating or thinking this was the most glorious series in Spurs history.

We were given several breaks and took advantage of it.

We should have dominated give the situation, but based on leads/game score, was just trying to get a handle on how dominant it was.

In short, it was a complete and utter asskicking, just as it should have been.

If we hadn't swept them, I'd be a bit concerned, tbh.

Old School 44
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
I believe I saw a stat somewhere that said the Lakers led a total combined time of 5 minutes for the series.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 08:01 AM
From whowins.com:

WhoWins™ best-of-7 annihilations:
In the San Antonio Spurs’ four-games-nil sweep of the Los Angeles Lakers, the Lakers never led at the end of any quarter during that sweep – only the ninth best-of-7 NBA playoff series to be so one-sided, but the second consecutive such achievement in the Preliminary round by San Antonio.

Wide Margins
The total margin of victory by the San Antonio Spurs over the Los Angeles Lakers was 75 points – the largest such total margin in a best-of-7 NBA Preliminary-round series lasting four games. The sweeps by the Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs were only the sixth and seventh in best-of-7 NBA playoff series history in which the winning team won each game by a double-digit victory margin.

PopRocks
04-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks TampaDude, that pretty much sums it up.

It was fun to watch, but now back to reality.

Keep reminding myself how we killed it through the end of the season through Game 3 of WCF and then it was all over in 4 quick games.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks TampaDude, that pretty much sums it up.

It was fun to watch, but now back to reality.

Keep reminding myself how we killed it through the end of the season through Game 3 of WCF and then it was all over in 4 quick games.

That was then, this is now. Our D is much better than last year. OKC won't have Harden or Westbrook if we get that far (and we should). Spurs have a fairly clear path to the Finals now.

PopRocks
04-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Hopefully so.

I'd love nothing more in the next few weeks than lots of free coffee and Patty Mills to wear out a few towels.

It would also be great to dethrone King James again.

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Hopefully so.

I'd love nothing more in the next few weeks than lots of free coffee and Patty Mills to wear out a few towels.

It would also be great to dethrone King James again.

Beating Miami would be epic, but I don't know if we can do it without HCA.

I'm not from SA, so could you please explain the free coffee thing?

Old School 44
04-29-2013, 08:35 AM
That was then, this is now. Our D is much better than last year. OKC won't have Harden or Westbrook if we get that far (and we should). Spurs have a fairly clear path to the Finals now.

Without Westbrook, I'm not certain OKC ends up on the other side of the bracket. I'm thinking the Clips. With the Lakers gone, I think the league would still like a rep from big market LA. Not that I'm one of those conspiracy guys. :)

PopRocks
04-29-2013, 08:46 AM
It's a local promotion with Valero Convenience stores. Free coffee from 5am to 10am after every Spurs playoff win.

Beating Miami would be epic, but I don't know if we can do it without HCA.

I'm not from SA, so could you please explain the free coffee thing?

tmtcsc
04-29-2013, 08:59 AM
as I said before series started. This is Spurs pre-season. The chance to get the team in playoff form. Lakers were not even a playoff team. Playoffs start in round 2.

:toast Yessir. I'm not sure Preseason could have gone much better. I expected a sweep or series win in 5 games. However, they could have swept AND not looked as good as they finished. They improved their defense, Tony got some good run and they looked good on the road. Most importantly, they bought some time to get healthier.

** Manu looked fantastic. He kept the turnovers to a minimum, helped create good ball movement and shot the ball well from behind the arc. The dunk yesterday was nice too.

Bruno
04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Yes, it was damn easy.

Lakers have led for a combined 5:46min in this series (5:32min in first quarters, 14s in second quarters and 0s in second halves of games).

I have the same feeling as what Buck Harvey is saying in his paper: when Spurs playoffs starts?
This series really didn't feel like playoffs. When Spurs swept teams like Utah or Clippers last season, it was because they played great. This year they were fine but they mostly beat Lakers because Lakers were horrible. It was a damn boring first round. However, I'm not complaining of that because Spurs are in a great situation. They will have a lot of rest, they are in great shape health wise and they have been way better than what they shown in the last couple of months of the regular season.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 09:56 AM
It wasnt a fair fight. But you gladly take the rest and the victory and the great side of the bracket youre on. In fact, not making the Finals would be underachieving something fierce imho.

will_spurs
04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
RT @JMcDonald_SAEN: Saw this stat floating around: Spurs led for 179 minutes in the series. Lakers led for six. LA's largest lead was 3 points.

Budkin
04-29-2013, 12:13 PM
As Pop said, wasn't a fair fight... but a good break for us and it was fun to put the Lakers out of their misery nonetheless.

spurraider21
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM

i can't help but feel you were one of the guys thinking "we won't get past the first round"

laughingstock of the league, and whatnot

vander
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
it was that easy cause we had the refs tbh

Floyd Pacquiao
04-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah any body else surprised at how fairly officiated the games were called?

TampaDude
04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah any body else surprised at how fairly officiated the games were called?

No Joey.

ironman2886
04-29-2013, 01:15 PM
With the injuries to Kobe, Nash, MWP and Blake, it better be easy. Spurs defense was too good, and Parker and Ginobili were healthy. With a healthy laker team, Spurs win in 6. Dantoni ran his team into the ground with all the minutes. Pop limits the starters minutes for a reason, and the 10th and 11th player off the bench gets some minutes and experience with the system.

41times
04-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes it was that easy.

Even in game 4 when the Spurs did not shoot a really high percentage it was easy because the punk Lakers were either injured or quit!

Spurs picked the perfect time to have a lul in shooting. Enjoy the off season Dan Phoni

Dex
04-29-2013, 05:44 PM
As Pop said, wasn't a fair fight... but a good break for us and it was fun to put the Lakers out of their misery nonetheless.

Exactly. Even with the low expectations and all, the Spurs owed Laker fans one and even better that they were able to do it without breaking a sweat. Spurs would've had a harder time dealing with Houston or GSW, possibly even Utah...instead they get a week of rest to get ready for round 2.

:lol fighting all season just to sneak into the playoffs and get swept.

Juggity
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
With all the injuries to the Lakers, we were basically picking on the retarded kid in this series.

Still sweet to sweep the Lakers, though. It's great to have the breaks go our way for a change.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

No excuses. This was a team with a 3-time DPOY on it, 2-time MVP, 1-time DPOY, countless all stars, and ridiculous hype. Injuries aside, it should be impossible for a team with that much talent to put up such an embarrassing effort.

pgardn
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
LA was by far the worst team making the playoffs IMO.

hater
04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
i can't help but feel you were one of the guys thinking "we won't get past the first round"

mmm no. I had Spurs in 6 vs. lakers even without healthy Manu, a recently departed jax and a Parker at 70%.

CGD
04-29-2013, 07:19 PM
LA was by far the worst team making the playoffs IMO.

You sir, clearly did not watch the Bucks.

The Whopper
04-29-2013, 07:57 PM
The national media didnt break their necks making excuses for us in 2001 when we were decimated by injuries. Lakerfans--take heed: your teeth are positioned on the rim of the toilet bowl and we will spend all summer stomping the back of your heads.

KaiRMD1
04-30-2013, 01:49 AM

I was definitely one of those guys but I was talkng about the Spurs team that finished the season, not the Spurs team that raped the Lakers,

Fireball
04-30-2013, 02:45 AM
it was that easy cause we had the refs tbh

I thought this was the biggest surprise ... the Lakers couldn't even catch a break on that side thanks to the idiotic behaviour of Dwight Howard