PDA

View Full Version : for the first time in 49 years in the NFL draft....

Blake
04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
"Thursday night’s NFL draft made history.

A running back had been selected in the first round of every draft since 1963, but that streak came to an end. Alabama’s*Eddie Lacy had the best chance*of hearing his name called in Round 1, but many*mock drafts have him going on Day 2.

Here’s a look at how the draft has shifted since the 1980s."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/04/2013-nfl-draft-running-backs-stat/

AaronY
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Thought this was an Avante thread for a second...was looking forward to hearing about some negro league back that was barnstarming around the country in the 1930s and how he blew people off the starting line in his track races..

Blake
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
I might have gone there if I owned an Avante© brand 1930s track star Almanac

Avante
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Actually you'd need...

The National Football League Encyclopedia
A subscription to Track & Field News since 1968
Have seen every NFL season since 1963
Seen every track season since 1960
Who is Who in Track & Field
1000 Facts About NFL Running Backs
Story of the Olympics
A large notebook keeping track of 1000yard rushers and tracksters in football
An index card filing system keeping track of sub10.00/20.00/47.00/14.00 and over 25-0 athletes for all the colleges. That have a program of note.
Seen every Olympics since 1964
Have seen all the Superbowls

Now add books by or on...

Carl Lewis
The Great QB's
Terry Bradshaw
Bo Jackson
Marcus Dupree
Jim Brown
Bob Hayes
Jesse Owens
John Unitas
Fran Tarkenton
The Buffalo Bills
The USC Trojans
The New England Patriots
History of College Football
Black Athlete in Sports
The 1980 49ers
Lou Holtz at Notre Dame

...good luck.

Oh yeah, a few hundred football magazines. Around 20,000 football cards.

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
it's about time teams finally figured out that it's the line that makes the back

Blake
04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I wonder when they'll figure out they don't need to draft a WR in the first round.

Avante
04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
it's about time teams finally figured out that it's the line that makes the back

All NFL lines are adequate, it's the back.

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 08:03 PM

lol ok

DeadlyDynasty
04-29-2013, 08:15 PM
It's a passing league and like TR said, the line is more important nowadays. There are only a few cases where the RB is truly exceptional (AP et al)

Avante
04-29-2013, 10:39 PM
lol ok

Put Barry Sanders behind any line and what do we see? Who can name any stud lineman for Jim Brown, Walter Payton...well?

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
cool story bro. that was 20 years ago.

look at backs in the league like alfred morris. do you think they'd accomplish anything on other teams without the supporting cast that guy had?

linemen are bigger, stronger and faster nowadays. you won't find backs that can bully an entire defensive line anymore. it's all about opening up holes, spreading the field and cutting up now. the game has changed.

Blake
04-29-2013, 10:51 PM

Wrong. Just wrong.

No need to discuss how wrong you are, you're just wrong.

You're wrong.

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 11:33 PM
imo, the future of the league will be rightfully centered around linemen. they might be the next primetime stars, and deservedly so.

Avante
04-29-2013, 11:41 PM
cool story bro. that was 20 years ago.

look at backs in the league like alfred morris. do you think they'd accomplish anything on other teams without the supporting cast that guy had?

linemen are bigger, stronger and faster nowadays. you won't find backs that can bully an entire defensive line anymore. it's all about opening up holes, spreading the field and cutting up now. the game has changed.

I'm watching ..todays...game just like you. All NFL lines can do the job, it does come down to the skills of the back.

Adrian Peterson didn't bully entire defenses?

Avante
04-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Wrong. Just wrong.

No need to discuss how wrong you are, you're just wrong.

You're wrong.

So tell me Blake what was the higher and lowest average per carry in the league among the 32 teams? Do your homework, ok?

Blake
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Fat ol fuck with the usuals

Avante
04-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Fat ol fuck with the usuals

Yep, asking you to give examples/prove a point and as usual you got nothing. A great back might average 4.9 an ordinary one 3.9. Not think Blake. After 30 carries that's all of 30 yards in a game difference.

Blake
04-30-2013, 08:39 AM
A great line can make an average rb a pro bowler, a pro bowler a hall of famer, and a hall of famer the best of all time.

plenty of evidence of plug and play running backs in systems under coaches like Shanahan.

so that's it, I'm set. Nothing else to discuss...........especially with a retarded fat ol fuck

Trainwreck2100
04-30-2013, 08:47 AM
A great line can make an average rb a pro bowler, a pro bowler a hall of famer, and a hall of famer the best of all time.

plenty of evidence of plug and play running backs in systems under coaches like Shanahan.

so that's it, I'm set. Nothing else to discuss...........especially with a retarded fat ol fuck

dumbass list and/or video forthcoming

symple19
04-30-2013, 08:54 AM

This is, hands down, the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in the NFL forum... EVER

Avante
04-30-2013, 08:58 AM

Well let's see, there are how many backs in the Hall of Fame, so which one is the best of all time? Do you think at all before posting?

Emmitt Smith was a legend in HS, he was a legend at Florida, no matter where he landed he was going to be a great NFL back. So talk to me about all those backs that played for multiple teams and starred for every one of them. What NFL team would have had a great back if he hadn't been held down by the line, well?

Ricky Watters had 1000yard seasons for the Niners, Eagles and Seahawks.
Jerome Bettis had 1400 yards as a Ram, he had a 1400 yard season as a Steeler.
Priest Holmes a 1000 yarder for both the Ravens and the Cheifs

Do I really need that list of backs that produced no matter where they played? So what team would Adrian Peterson play on where he couldn't be a great back because of the line?

Avante
04-30-2013, 09:17 AM
This is, hands down, the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in the NFL forum... EVER

So what team has a line where no matter what back was back there they can't run? I'm not talking about pass protecting here, just pounding the rock. Every team has had 1000 yard backs.

The teams that averaged the most per carry all had great backs...Peterson, Morris, Lynch, Gore, Charles, Spiller, the ones that sucked...Arizona, Jacksonville now who were their backs?

Look at the Lions with Sanders then without, same line. Sticking with the Lions. Steve Owens was a Heisman winner, he had 1000 yard seasons as a Lion, Billy Sims a Heisman winner, he had 1000 yard seasons as a Lion, Barry Sanders was a Heisman winner he had 1000 yard seasons as a Lion, now name another great Lions back? So line or back?

Chinook
04-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Should we get the worst take of the 2013-2014 season thread started?

Chinook
04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
It's both, to a certain extent obviously. Inept backs can make good lines look bad, and bad lines make good backs look bad. A great line will may almost any back look good, as anyone can get four yards when there's no one in front of them. Only great backs can consistently get yards when the pursuit is already there. There's a reason why Chris Johnson fell off over the past couple years after Tennessee's line fell apart, same thing with Shaun Greene with the Jets.

In Baltimore Ray Rice's and Bernard Pierce's YPC went up when Marshall Yanda and Kelechi Osemele were allowed to move inside.

Avante
04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Should we get the worst take of the 2013-2014 season thread started?

Since the guy is 100% wrong I think we have a winner.

The Jags without MJD averages what per carry, how about with him? I could go on and on.

Chinook
04-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Since the guy is 100% wrong I think we have a winner.

The Jags without MJD averages what per carry, how about with him? I could go on and on.

If, through some means, we could prove that one stance is completely right, then we'd have a winner.

Besides, I was kidding; the Worst Take thread is amount people admitting they were wrong, not about people calling each other out. You should try to post your worst prediction in there.

Avante
04-30-2013, 09:54 AM
It's both, to a certain extent obviously. Inept backs can make good lines look bad, and bad lines make good backs look bad. A great line will may almost any back look good, as anyone can get four yards when there's no one in front of them. Only great backs can consistently get yards when the pursuit is already there. There's a reason why Chris Johnson fell off over the past couple years after Tennessee's line fell apart, same thing with Shaun Greene with the Jets.

In Baltimore Ray Rice's and Bernard Pierce's YPC went up when Marshall Yanda and Kelechi Osemele were allowed to move inside.

I'm not talking about lines that have to play their backups. Any starting five line in the NFL can produce 1000 yard rushers if they have a quality back. The NFL knows the importance of running the ball, they have the talent there. It's do they have the back to make it work.

You put Peterson behind any line in the NFL and he's still Adrian Peterson.

Avante
04-30-2013, 10:00 AM
If, through some means, we could prove that one stance is completely right, then we'd have a winner.

Besides, I was kidding; the Worst Take thread is amount people admitting they were wrong, not about people calling each other out. You should try to post your worst prediction in there.

The proof is 1000 yard backs regardless of who they play for. Tons of backs have had great seasons on different teams. Marcus Allen goes to the Chiefs and does what? Marshall Faulk as a Colt then a Ram. We see this all the time.

Chinook
04-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm not talking about lines that have to play their backups. Any starting five line in the NFL can produce 1000 yard rushers if they have a quality back. The NFL knows the importance of running the ball, they have the talent there. It's do they have the back to make it work.

You put Peterson behind any line in the NFL and he's still Adrian Peterson.

Thank distinction doesn't make sense. Any line that starts is a starting NFL line. If you mean that any good line can get good production out of a good back, then yeah, I think everyone agrees. But the fact that retirements and injuries damage a line to the extent at a pro-bowler and potential Hall-of-Famer looks terrible because the defense can consistently catch him behind the line is not something that can be ignored. Peterson can get 1000 yards behind five undrafted free agents. But he's pretty much the only one who can.

Avante
04-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Thank distinction doesn't make sense. Any line that starts is a starting NFL line. If you mean that any good line can get good production out of a good back, then yeah, I think everyone agrees. But the fact that retirements and injuries damage a line to the extent at a pro-bowler and potential Hall-of-Famer looks terrible because the defense can consistently catch him behind the line is not something that can be ignored. Peterson can get 1000 yards behind five undrafted free agents. But he's pretty much the only one who can.

Well I am talking about starting NFL lines not a line with backups.

Eric Dickerson had all those great Ram years, then off to Indy, there he had a 1600 yard season. Ernest Jackson, Mike Garrett a couple more who had 1000 yard seasons for more than one team. And there are others.

Disagree about your comment about AP. Marshawn Lynch, a couple 1000 seasons as a Bill, a couple 1000 seasons as a Seahawk. What team would have held him down because of the line play?

Chinook
04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Well I am talking about starting NFL lines not a line with backups.

Eric Dickerson had all those great Ram years, then off to Indy, there he had a 1600 yard season. Ernest Jackson, Mike Garrett a couple more who had 1000 yard seasons for more than one team. And there are others.

Disagree about your comment about AP.

That just doesn't work. You ARE saying a line has to be good enough. Tennessee's starting line wasn't good enough; that's why they had to change it. Same with Baltimore's. It wasn't because backups were in.

Avante
04-30-2013, 10:19 AM
That just doesn't work. You ARE saying a line has to be good enough. Tennessee's starting line wasn't good enough; that's why they had to change it. Same with Baltimore's. It wasn't because backups were in.

I'm saying all NFL lines if healthy are good enought. It will come down to the running backs. A great back will have great seasons, an average back average seasons. No great back is having average seasons because of his line. No average back is making the pro bowl because of his line.

Chris Johnson has averaged...4.3, 4.0, 4.5...the last three seasons. To think he's going to have another monster year like his 2000 isn't realistic. And he had over 1000 yards every season, they have line problems? Where?

Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Ray Rice all 1000 yarders for Baltimore, what line problems?

Jacksonville the best example, take away their gret back, now what?

Clipper Nation
04-30-2013, 10:32 AM
All NFL lines are adequate
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Holy shit you're retarded, and a faggot too....

Blake
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
dumbass list and/or video forthcoming

Need to make it a "take a shot every time a list or YouTube comes forth" game

Avante
04-30-2013, 10:38 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Holy shit you're retarded, and a faggot too....

How about some facts then amigo? What NFL line couldn't have a 1000 yard rusher if their life depended on it? Put up or shut up.

Avante
04-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Notice how nobody ever comes up with that line that can't produce a 1000 yard back? Why is that?

Put any of the quality backs in the league on any team.....1000 yards.....guranteed.

Avante
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Need to make it a "take a shot every time a list or YouTube comes forth" game

So you can't do lists and know of no videos to stress a point, that must suck.

Blake
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm saying all NFL lines if healthy are good enought.

We know what you're saying.

What part of "that's the stupidest shit ever" aren't you understanding?

Chinook
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Notice how nobody ever comes up with that line that can't produce a 1000 yard back? Why is that?

Put any of the quality backs in the league on any team.....1000 yards.....guranteed.

We've talked about this before. You can't prove contingencies. They aren't facts. You can't prove that a line can't produce a 1000-yard rusher, and you sure can't put the fear of death in them to prove that they couldn't if their lives depended on it.

What we can show is that great backs can fail to produce 1000-yard seasons due to poor line play. But you dismiss that evidence and claim that you didn't mean what you said.

Blake
04-30-2013, 10:55 AM

Probably because 1000 yards rushing really isn't that big a deal.

Thanks, i guess, for verifying you also suck at math.

Avante
04-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Probably because 1000 yards rushing really isn't that big a deal.

Thanks, i guess, for verifying you also suck at math.

Where's that line that sucks at run blocking? How come you keep ignoring that? And yes a 1000 yards for "a" back is still a big deal. That means he was there all season and did his job.

Avante
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
We've talked about this before. You can't prove contingencies. They aren't facts. You can't prove that a line can't produce a 1000-yard rusher, and you sure can't put the fear of death in them to prove that they couldn't if their lives depended on it.

What we can show is that great backs can fail to produce 1000-yard seasons due to poor line play. But you dismiss that evidence and claim that you didn't mean what you said.

Ok then what great back failed to gain a 1000 yards due to line play? Who was that?

Chinook
04-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Ok then what great back failed to gain a 1000 yards due to line play? Who was that?

I see that Johnson barely managed to get it done in 2010, so there goes that example. The Titans' line problems did cause him to drop tremendously, though.

Willis McGahee was (and still is) a player who depends on having a good line. He's been a pro bowler in a good system, but he's also failed to rush for 1000 yards when his line's not working for him. So either that's an example of a good back who failed to get 1000 yards, or an average back whose line carried him to be a probowler

Jamal Lewis also missed 1000 yards (albiet in only 15 games) in 2005 due to the Ravens losing their center and guard in free agency. That was the only time in his Ravens career that he didn't rush for at least 1100 yards.

Those are examples from the Ravens. I'm sure there are others. As has been said already, 1000 yards over 16 games isn't that hard to get. We've seen good lines churn out much better seasons for average backs, like everyone who ran behind a zone-blocking scheme for example.

Blake
04-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Where's that line that sucks at run blocking? How come you keep ignoring that? And yes a 1000 yards for "a" back is still a big deal. That means he was there all season and did his job.

Being there all season and doing your job is actually not a big deal.

Neither is 63 rushing yards a game.

Neither is your crusty track and field almanac.

Neither is your taste in music.

Neither is your view on Islam.

Neither is your prediction percentage.

Neither is your age, height and fatness.

Avante
04-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Being there all season and doing your job is actually not a big deal.

Neither is 63 rushing yards a game.

Neither is your crusty track and field almanac.

Neither is your taste in music.

Neither is your view on Islam.

Neither is your prediction percentage.

Neither is your age, height and fatness.

Let's break that down slick.

Running backs take a pounding, yes it is a big deal if a guy can stay healthy.

Yes 60 yards a game is a big deal, over a 16 game schedule.

Obviously you don't know what an almanac is.

You mean that music that influensed everything we hear today?

Don't get out much do you? MY??...views on Islam???

64%

Young and dumb is a good thing? Try 6-2 278 pounds of twisted railroad steel.

Now back to that offensive line that sucks as far as run blocking goes, well?

Avante
04-30-2013, 11:34 AM
You put a great back on any NFL team and he's getting his yards. Anyone not aware of that is blind.

I can't take this....DUH!!!!!!!!!....here.

See ya~~~~~~~~

AaronY
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Avante knows more about football than probably anyone here. He's watched like thousands of hours if games, studied all kinds of statistics, and read countless books.

And then he uses all that knowledge to form some of the most retarded opinions imaginable

AaronY
04-30-2013, 11:58 AM
It's almost like if a historian spent his entire life studying the ancient Greeks and then took a lot of the stories like the Iliad and the odyssey seriously and thought that there was like Gods throwing down thunderbolts, and dragons and goblins and shit..

Avante
04-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Avante knows more about football than probably anyone here. He's watched like thousands of hours if games, studied all kinds of statistics, and read countless books.

And then he uses all that knowledge to form some of the most retarded opinions imaginable

You mean like...

Russell Wilson will out play all other rookie QB? He went how far in the playoffs?

The Niners are the best team in the NFC?

This is no different, there isn't a line in the NFL that can't run the ball if they have a quality back. Prove that statement wrong.

manufan10
04-30-2013, 12:13 PM
How about some facts then amigo? What NFL line couldn't have a 1000 yard rusher if their life depended on it? Put up or shut up.

Dallas Cowboys.

/thread

Avante
04-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Dallas Cowboys.

/thread

DeMarco Murry has a lifetime average of 4.8, what's that tell you? Yep, if he could stay healthy, 1400 yards.

Felix Jones also has a 4.8 average.

When your two top backs both have lifetime averages of a gaudy 4.8 you don't have line problems.

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:07 PM
While the obvious answer here is that you need both a solid offensive line along with a solid running back(s) to have a successful run game, I also realize that Avante is old as fuck and only deals in black and white.

Therefore, I would argue that one can just look at the draft this year and one can see that the general consensus amongst the NFL coaches and GM's is that the Offensive Line is just as important if not more so.

However, to back up my previous point that you need both, look at the Broncos from 1997 thru mid 2000's. When they had an elite back in Terrell Davis, he set records. However, when he went down to injury, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Olandis Gary, Ruben Droughns, and then Clinton Portis all had 1,000 yard seasons and besides Portis, those other guys were pretty much garbage. So in other words, it was the O line and scheme that produced those guys, not themselves.

manufan10
04-30-2013, 01:12 PM
DeMarco Murry has a lifetime average of 4.8, what's that tell you? Yep, if he could stay healthy, 1400 yards.

Felix Jones also has a 4.8 average.

When your two top backs both have lifetime averages of a gaudy 4.8 you don't have line problems.

:lmao :lmao

Avante
04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
While the obvious answer here is that you need both a solid offensive line along with a solid running back(s) to have a successful run game, I also realize that Avante is old as fuck and only deals in black and white.

Therefore, I would argue that one can just look at the draft this year and one can see that the general consensus amongst the NFL coaches and GM's is that the Offensive Line is just as important if not more so.

However, to back up my previous point that you need both, look at the Broncos from 1997 thru mid 2000's. When they had an elite back in Terrell Davis, he set records. However, when he went down to injury, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Olandis Gary, Ruben Droughns, and then Clinton Portis all had 1,000 yard seasons and besides Portis, those other guys were pretty much garbage. So in other words, it was the O line and scheme that produced those guys, not themselves.

Wow~~~~~~

Why not tell it like it really was? Denver ran the hell out of the ball.

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Wow~~~~~~

Why not tell it like it really was? Denver ran the hell out of the ball.

So Davis was just a product of running a lot? You can't have your argument both ways here Avante.

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:52 PM
LOL, I just looked it up, TD had way more carries in his prime years than any of those other guys, so I guess that is what you're saying, Davis was simply a product of abnormally high attempts.

Avante
04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
So Davis was just a product of running a lot? You can't have your argument both ways here Avante.

Mike Anderson had a better average as a Raven. Look what Portis did as a Redskin. Gary got hurt.

Davis was a great back and would have been a great back on any other team in the league.

What I'm saying is any team in the league will have 1000 yard rushers if you run the ball enought.

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:54 PM
TD:

1998 = 392 attempts
1997 = 369 attempts
1996 = 345 attempts

Anderson:

2000 = 297 attempts

Portis

2003 = 290 attempts

Gary

1999 = 276 attempts

Droughns

2004 = 275 attempts

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Mike Anderson had a better average as a Raven. Look what Portis did as a Redskin. Gary got hurt.

Davis was a great back and would have been a great back on any other team in the league.

What I'm saying is any team in the league will have 1000 yard rushers if you run the ball enought.

No, what you were saying is that any back worth a shit should have 1,000 yards in this league regardless of how good the offensive line was. I showed you several backs that weren't worth a shit (Gary, Anderson, Droughns, Bell), that all produced 1,000 yard seasons because their offensive line carried them.

Stop changing your argument, it makes you look old.

Avante
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
LOL, I just looked it up, TD had way more carries in his prime years than any of those other guys, so I guess that is what you're saying, Davis was simply a product of abnormally high attempts.

I'm just saying trying to use Denver as some example on this, nay!!!!!!

Davis was a great back as was Portis, the others would have done pretty much the same behind any line.

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm just saying trying to use Denver as some example on this, nay!!!!!!

Davis was a great back as was Portis, the others would have done pretty much the same behind any line.

So when you ask for an example, what you're really asking for is an example that you approve of..
Got it.

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 01:58 PM
In that case, Avante, what would be a good argument to prove to you that an offensive line is extremely important in the overall success of a running back?

Avante
04-30-2013, 02:00 PM
No, what you were saying is that any back worth a shit should have 1,000 yards in this league regardless of how good the offensive line was. I showed you several backs that weren't worth a shit (Gary, Anderson, Droughns, Bell), that all produced 1,000 yard seasons because their offensive line carried them.

Stop changing your argument, it makes you look old.

Where did you get the idea all those guys were shit? Explain that to me. Anderson had a better yards per carry as a Raven. Gary got injured. Let's see what happened to the others, be right back.....

Well let;s see....after he left Denver Droughns had another 1200 yard season as a Cleveland Brown......wasn't worth a shit?

johnsmith
04-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Where did you get the idea all those guys were shit? Explain that to me. Anderson had a better yards per carry as a Raven. Gary got injured. Let's see what happened to the others, be right back.....

Your argument is stupid. Everyone that has ever watched football knows how important an offensive line is to a running back. I'll leave you with this age old question (and unlike you, I won't just say that and then keep posting to you five minutes later), but if you switched Barry Sanders with Emmit Smith and let each back have his career with the others respective teams, what is the result? And if you say that it's the same as it actually turned out, well then you're a fucking idiot.

Avante
04-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Dude, do you pay any attention at all? Hell yes an offensive line is important....NO FUCKING DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why the NFL has great lines, ya reckon? I'm saying....

I'll go real slow...

In the NFL all lines can get it done, it's the backs who make the big difference.

Wow little fella.

Blake
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I'll go real slow...

In the NFL all lines can get it done, it's the backs who make the big difference.

Wow little fella.

You went slow enough the first and second times to convince us all how football dumb you really are.

Blake
04-30-2013, 02:21 PM
And again, 1000 yards rushing ain't shit.

Clipper Nation
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
The pitiful O-line that the Chargers trotted out last year is a good example.... our leading rusher was Ryan Mathews with only 707 yards....

In conclusion, you're a retard and a faggot....

Avante
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
You went slow enough the first and second times to convince us all how football dumb you really are.

So why do you never ever prove me wrong?

Avante
04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
The pitiful O-line that the Chargers trotted out last year is a good example.... our leading rusher was Ryan Mathews with only 707 yards....

In conclusion, you're a retard and a faggot....

You mean the guy who just had a 1000 yard season and only played in 12 games last season? You do know the guy can't stay healthy, right?

Dude, nobody can be as ignorant as you are.

Avante
04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
And again, 1000 yards rushing ain't shit.

Wrong as usual.

manufan10
04-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Wrong as usual.

1,500 yards is the new 1,000, imo tbh.

Blake
04-30-2013, 04:41 PM
So why do you never ever prove me wrong?

I don't need to. I'm content knowing I'm right.

Feel free to prove you're not wrong.

And before you claim you have........you haven't.

Blake
04-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Wrong as usual.

Which means I'm right as rain.

Avante
04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't need to. I'm content knowing I'm right.

Feel free to prove you're not wrong.

And before you claim you have........you haven't.

Have you ever been right? Niners having the better...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
04-30-2013, 04:47 PM
1,500 yards is the new 1,000, imo tbh.

You know how rare 1500 yard seasons are?

Blake
04-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Have you ever been right? Niners having the better...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I was easily right about the Niners having a better stable of running backs than the Saints.

I'm also right that you're retarded.

Blake
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
You know how rare 1500 yard seasons are?

You obviously don't know how regular 1000 yard seasons are.

Avante
04-30-2013, 05:25 PM
You obviously don't know how regular 1000 yard seasons are.

You are kidding right? Want me to list every single 1000 yard rusher....ever...and the college the played for prior to the NFL. How about each teams first 1000 yard rusher?

Wanna talk about Beattie Feathers who had the very first 1000 yard season in NFL history? Cat averaged over 9 yards a carry. How about Joe "The Jet" Perry a Niner and the first black to have a 1000 yard season?

The thing today is staying healthy for a 16 week season then putting great seasons together. You really don't get that do you? Dude, running backs take a fucking beating, that's why they have such short careers compared to other positions. A 1000 yard season is still a big deal and if you weren't a know nothing idiot you'd know this.

Here ya go little fella.

USC's NFL 1000 yarders

Mike Garrett
O.J.Simpson
Charles White
Marcus Allen
Sam Cunningham
Ricky Bell
Lendall White
Reggie Bush

Yep, can do that for every college team.

Do I know how regular...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
04-30-2013, 07:40 PM
32 teams, 16 1000 yard rushers last year.

Nothing special.

But oh look! you made a list!

AaronY
04-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Lol, he studies football all day, every day..memorizes everything that ever happened. And can't make sense out of any of it..

AaronY
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Blake instead of fighting with this guy you should befriend him..take him to Vegas and then get him to give you all the info about the games but then your use judgement to make the picks..basically you would be the Tom Cruise to his Dustin Hoffman..

Avante
05-01-2013, 12:28 AM
32 teams, 16 1000 yard rushers last year.

Nothing special.

But oh look! you made a list!

It's very special. You have any idea how many backs come and go and never have a 1000 yard season? Try about 75% of them. There are backs in the Hall of Fame who didn't have 1000 yard seasons. How many of the 4/5 backs on a team have a 1000 yard season? Yep, maybe one. Yes I know a few times two but very rare.

When you say shit like a 1000 yard season is no big deal you show just how fucking stupid about the game you really are.

Avante
05-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Lol, he studies football all day, every day..memorizes everything that ever happened. And can't make sense out of any of it..

I 'm too busy right now studying track to be into football.

The sense of it all and it's been proven time and time and time again is a great back is just that regardless of who he plays for. If you had any sense you'd know that we simply don't see NFL lines with some huge difference in talent. It's not fantastic to totally sucks. Sure some are good while others are poor but it's not all that dramatic a difference.

Avante
05-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Blake instead of fighting with this guy you should befriend him..take him to Vegas and then get him to give you all the info about the games but then your use judgement to make the picks..basically you would be the Tom Cruise to his Dustin Hoffman..

Nobody has to go to Vegas and it's simply fundamentals in making $$$$$$$$ beating the spread. Look for "spots" where teams usually do well or suck in. Heading into a bye week, coming off a bye. Back to back road games. East coast teams flying out west and vice versa. Dome teams on grass. Who plays the best in Sept, Oct etc. Yep, homework. The best play from an historically perspective ,....a small home dog. A home team getting 3 or less. You will win every year simply betting that "spot". Teams coming off a big division game now on the road.Simple fundamentals that guys like me are well aware of.

When a team gets a new coach you lay off them for a few seasons until they start building up some new trends.

Around June 14 ya go to a place that sells magazines and get ya....The Marc Lawrence Playbook. Everything a serious player could want is all there. Every stat/trend imaginable, everything.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2013, 12:53 AM
The irony of you telling us the best strategies for betting is fucking hilarious, B..... :lol 50%

Avante
05-01-2013, 12:58 AM
The irony of you telling us the best strategies for betting is fucking hilarious, B..... :lol 50%

Try 64% in 2012, 68% in 2011 and 72% in 2010, have never had a sub 60% since I got serious about this. How could anyone with all that knowledge not win $$$$$$$$$....? Tell me slick what team totally sucks coming off a bye, the worst record in the league in that "spot". What team plays it's best football in Sept? How about in October? What team sucks on the road if they are on Monday/Sunday night? What team is almost unbeatable at home on a Monday/Sunday night? If you played the Pats at home in December in the Tom Brady era you'd had won a bundle. Homework amigo.

Last season I let my son goof around, we were both having fun with Blake. The little shit was so damn serious,. hahahaha!!!!!!

Here ya go little fella, the key that unlocks the door.

https://experts.covers.com/Handicapper/Marc_Lawrence

Clipper Nation
05-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Try 64% in 2012, 68% in 2011 and 72% in 2010, have never had a sub 60% since I got serious about this.

Actually, you only had 50% last season, then tried to claim those were actually your son's picks, and then when that didn't work, you made up some bullshit rationale about making back 50% of your money or some shit.... regardless, you're nowhere near as good at betting as you claim to be, son...

Avante
05-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Actually, you only had 50% last season, then tried to claim those were actually your son's picks, and then when that didn't work, you made up some bullshit rationale about making back 50% of your money or some shit.... regardless, you're nowhere near as good at betting as you claim to be, son...

I never played...here...last season, I let my son have some fun. We couldn't pass up messing with Blake, cat was a trip.

This season I'm taking on the board. Yep, a weekly contest. Me vs whoever. So start doing some homework little one. Trust me..."I sure like the Chargers?....doesn't work.

AaronY
05-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Clipper Nation could be your Charlie Babbitt too bro, think about it. I would do it but I get a little sense of revulsion and disgust when I'm in too close proximity to mentally challenged people

Avante
05-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Clipper Nation could be your Charlie Babbitt too bro, think about it. I would do it but I get a little sense of revulsion and disgust when I'm in too close proximity to mentally challenged people

You're way too wrapped up with everyone else AaronY, try being cool, ok? Can you actualy talk football?

Blake
05-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I never played...here...last season, I let my son have some fun. We couldn't pass up messing with Blake, cat was a trip.

Remember det time last season you screamed that if you ever found yourself responding to me again that you would ban yourself forever? I can re-post it if you don't remember.

fun times. :tu

This season I'm taking on the board. Yep, a weekly contest. Me vs whoever. So start doing some homework little one. Trust me..."I sure like the Chargers?....doesn't work.

Why would you think anyone would want to take you on? When you start losing, you'll just throw your poor son Mason under the bus again.

manufan10
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
We should do a weekly pick 'em, with the winner getting a prize at the end of the season, imo.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM

Literally nobody is going to take a known welcher and liar such as yourself up on a bet, so good luck with that.....

Avante
05-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Remember det time last season you screamed that if you ever found yourself responding to me again that you would ban yourself forever? I can re-post it if you don't remember.

fun times. :tu

Why would you think anyone would want to take you on? When you start losing, you'll just throw your poor son Mason under the bus again.

I've also said many times that those guys like you who follow me around just to pester mean nothing to me. I might say anything because I have no respect for you/them. Show some respect and it would be different. I just play whatever game I feel like playing. As you saw.

Do you really think a 19 year old isn't curious about what dad does on the computer? He has his own custom made for him by my son in law the comptet wiz in the family. He follows football and knows about my wagering, he wanted to play for fun, yep, here. And that is a fact.

Avante
05-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Literally nobody is going to take a known welcher and liar such as yourself up on a bet, so good luck with that.....

Everybody would love to kick my ass in a pick um contest, so yes I have no doubts most would take me on. Hell, keep it simple, just pick winners, forget the spread.

johnsmith
05-01-2013, 02:40 PM
k.

Ya know, you may be an old man, you may not be. You may be an ex player, you may not be. You may have been and done everything you said you've done, or you may not have. But this story about your son is the biggest load of garbage lying that's ever been done in this forum.

It's such a childish cop out that it makes everyone question everything you've claimed to be while ruining this forum. You're a fucking liar, and you're a loser, and you've proven that to everyone.

/thread.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Everybody would love to kick my ass in a pick um contest, so yes I have no doubts most would take me on. Hell, keep it simple, just pick winners, forget the spread.
Except you welchedPERIOD

Once you become known as a welcher, there goes all your credibility and you'll never get it back, tbh....

Avante
05-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Ya know, you may be an old man, you may not be. You may be an ex player, you may not be. You may have been and done everything you said you've done, or you may not have. But this story about your son is the biggest load of garbage lying that's ever been done in this forum.

It's such a childish cop out that it makes everyone question everything you've claimed to be while ruining this forum. You're a fucking liar, and you're a loser, and you've proven that to everyone.

/thread.

I;m not the one who does nothing but constantly bitch about everything, that would be you. Ever thought of maybe actually starting a thread about something, hell no you only come here to whine around. Look at your post history slick, nothing but negative bullshit, one wahwah after another. Are you really that fucking misearable with your life?

Facts

I'm the real deal when it comes to being a track/blues/football historian, I played 20 years of organized football. I got into track/football back in the early 60's. them old blues about 20 years ago, Yes my son Mason also follows football and does this internet trip, hell he's posted here a number of times under Avante. Yes those were his picks.

Avante
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Except you welchedPERIOD

Once you become known as a welcher, there goes all your credibility and you'll never get it back, tbh....

That coming from a guy who follows people around....You're a faggot.,...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, that seems to be you favcorite word, now how sads is that?

johnsmith
05-01-2013, 02:59 PM
I;m not the one who does nothing but constantly bitch about everything, that would be you. Ever thought of maybe actually starting a thread about something, hell no you only come here to whine around. Look at your post history slick, nothing but negative bullshit, one wahwah after another. Are you really that fucking misearable with your life?

Facts

I'm the real deal when it comes to being a track/blues/football historian, I played 20 years of organized football. I got into track/football back in the early 60's. them old blues about 20 years ago, Yes my son Mason also follows football and does this internet trip, hell he's posted here a number of times under Avante. Yes those were his picks.

Nothing you've said here changes the FACT that your excuse of your Down syndrome having son made those picks and posted them here is a complete bullshit lie. It's so sophomoric and childish to make an excuse like that...I'm certain Mongo...errr...Mason is humiliated by the fact that his "dad" had to use him as an excuse to cover up his ineptness to a bunch of anonymous Internet users that he will never meet.

So add embarrassing failure to your list of personality faults that already include compulsive lying and being a loser.

Good for you!

leemajors
05-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Nothing you've said here changes the FACT that your excuse of your Down syndrome having son made those picks and posted them here is a complete bullshit lie. It's so sophomoric and childish to make an excuse like that...I'm certain Mongo...errr...Mason is humiliated by the fact that his "dad" had to use him as an excuse to cover up his ineptness to a bunch of anonymous Internet users that he will never meet.

So add embarrassing failure to your list of personality faults that already include compulsive lying and being a loser.

Good for you!

:lmao

Avante
05-01-2013, 03:23 PM

Good for you!

Do you honestly believe anyone pays any attention to you? Dude, it's very clear you only come here to whine. I didn't even read that, I don't have it it's just you doing what you always do....wahwahwah. Look at all your threads little man, one negative line of crap after another. Talk about a sad individual, fuck! Do you do anything besides moan and groan, nope!

Dude, you take this shit a tad bit too serious, trust me.

Don't read me amigo I'm done reading you.

johnsmith
05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Talk about a sad individual.

Since the rest of your post was your usual response when you know the person you're arguing with is right, I'll just address the part I quoted above.

IMO, sad is an individual that spends a better part of his day making outlandish claims about his betting expertise and once exposed for being mediocre at it, he covers that up and uses his man child son as an excuse....and the funny thing about it, you will never meet a single person from this site in reality, so you're that concerned about the approval of others.

Everyone sees this....including you I suspect.

johnsmith
05-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Also, I'm not your amigo, so please refer to me as Mr. Smith from here on out.....I know that online rep is important to you, so I want to stay consistant.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2013, 03:45 PM
That coming from a guy who follows people around....You're a faggot.,...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, that seems to be you favcorite word, now how sads is that?

You welchedPERIOD

Avante
05-01-2013, 03:52 PM
You welchedPERIOD

Who really gives a fuck little man? How about you worry about it for me, ok? Are you ever going to post any threads, or just follow me around like a little bitch.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Who really gives a fuck little man? How about you worry about it for me, ok? Are you ever going to post any threads, or just follow me around like a little bitch.

You welchedPERIOD

Blake
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I've also said many times that those guys like you who follow me around just to pester mean nothing to me. I might say anything because I have no respect for you/them. Show some respect and it would be different. I just play whatever game I feel like playing. As you saw.

Do you really think a 19 year old isn't curious about what dad does on the computer? He has his own custom made for him by my son in law the comptet wiz in the family. He follows football and knows about my wagering, he wanted to play for fun, yep, here. And that is a fact.

You started a thread with my name on it, wanting to take me on mid-season, so you're clearly lying that I meant nothing to you..........Especially when you cried about never responding to me again.

I think it's clear to everyone that if you hit the 70% you were going to take credit. But you didn't, so you simply threw your son under the bus.

You have less than zero credibility here. You're in credibility debt and I'm not giving you any further lines of credit.

Blake
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM

If you win, you'll take credit.

When you lose, you'll throw Mason under the bus.

Blake
05-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Since the rest of your post was your usual response when you know the person you're arguing with is right, I'll just address the part I quoted above.

IMO, sad is an individual that spends a better part of his day making outlandish claims about his betting expertise and once exposed for being mediocre at it, he covers that up and uses his man child son as an excuse....and the funny thing about it, you will never meet a single person from this site in reality, so you're that concerned about the approval of others.

Everyone sees this....including you I suspect.

truth, but you know, I'm really not sure he's smart enough or non-fat enough to see it. Hard to say, imo.

Avante
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
And it's so damn easy to do, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
05-01-2013, 09:46 PM
And it's so damn easy to do, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to welch and throw your son under the bus? absolutely.