PDA

View Full Version : Joe Barton (R-TX) uses Noah's Ark as proof climate change isn't man made

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Here is the quote:

“I would point out that people like me who support hydrocarbon development don’t deny that climate is changing,” he added. “I think you can have an honest difference of opinion of what’s causing that change without automatically being either all in that’s all because of mankind or it’s all just natural. I think there’s a divergence of evidence.”

“I would point out that if you’re a believer in in the Bible, one would have to say the Great Flood is an example of climate change and that certainly wasn’t because mankind had overdeveloped hydrocarbon energy.”

I have to say, I'm convinced.

DisAsTerBot
04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
that's some good evidence, congressman

coyotes_geek
04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Translated: "I'm a pro-oil Christian who thinks that manmade global warming is a bunch of malarkey."

+1000 red team points to Rep Barton

boutons_deux
04-29-2013, 11:24 AM
rural Bible belt ignorant old white conservative fucktard

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Here are some more awesome Tea Party quotes that I haven't seen yet on this forum:

"And I pointed out, well, once you make it ten, then why would you draw the line at ten? What's wrong with nine? Or eleven? And the problem is once you draw that limit ; it's kind of like marriage when you say it's not a man and a woman any more, then why not have three men and one woman, or four women and one man, or why not somebody has a love for an animal?" -Louis Gohmert (R-TX)

"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.” -Paul Broun (R-GA)

“If babies had guns they wouldn't be aborted.” -Steve Stockman (R-TX)

"For example, if there's a sexual predator out there who has impregnated a young girl, say a 13-year-old girl, ... that sexual predator can pick that girl off the playground at the middle school and haul her across the state line, and force her to get an abortion to eradicate the evidence of his crime, and bring her back and drop her off at the swing set, and that's not against the law in the United States of America." -Steve King (R-IA)

Blake
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
"hey kids, I've got a song for you. Cmon in and shut the bedroom door behind you"

3mlqUT1hvcw

z0sa
04-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Well Noahs ark needed a helluva power source

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
"hey kids, I've got a song for you. Cmon in and shut the bedroom door behind you"

3mlqUT1hvcw
:lmao I remember this song from Hebrew school. I can't believe how many people never stopped to think about how much the story is bullshit :lol

boutons_deux
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM
in other TX wingnut teabagger asshole news

Ted Cruz Mocks His GOP Colleagues, Calls Newtown Families 'Props' and Takes Credit for Blocking Background Checks

Texas Senator Ted Cruz made an unannounced appearance on Friday at the FreedomWorks Texas Summit. He profusely thanked the Tea Party crowd for their work and unloaded on his Republican Senate colleagues. Cruz also echoed his close ally (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/04/17/rand-paul-obama-using-newtown-victims-as-props/) Senator Rand Paul by calling the Newtown families “political props” and took credit for blocking background checks legislation (which is supported by over 90% of Americans).

Cruz didn’t merely criticize his Republican colleagues, he mocked them (http://youtu.be/84rpWU_fL3U), calling them “squishes” who don’t like to be held accountable:

In this clip, he says that President Obama is using the Newtown families as 'political props (http://youtu.be/iqDI9EHU7qE)':

And here he presents himself and fellow Tea Partiers Rand Paul and Mike Lee in near-heroic terms as the band of three faces off with the Washington consensus and defeats background checks (http://youtu.be/dvt94Fg4Dw8):
Cruz’s colleagues won’t be pleased when they see these clips. He may be a darling of the Tea Party, but he’s also an attention hound and a growing political liability for the GOP.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cruz-mocks-his-gop-colleagues-calls-newtown-families-props-and-takes-credit-blocking-backgro

gotdamn, TX Repug voters suck hind tit on a boar hog

baseline bum
04-29-2013, 12:33 PM
LOL sociopath god worse than Hitler

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
In this clip, he says that President Obama is using the Newtown families as 'political props'

Of course he did. That part is undeniable. He took that dog and pony around the country on AF One.

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/407/305/images.terra.com/2013/04/09/usreport-us-usa-guns-newtown.JPG

boutons_deux
04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
they aren't props, that's Barry putting real people as victims of gun murders in the face of gun fellators, real people, not TeeVee news, as the consequences of gun fellators blocking gun restrictions.

coyotes_geek
04-29-2013, 01:02 PM
they aren't props, that's Barry putting real people as victims of gun murders in the face of gun fellators, real people, not TeeVee news, as the consequences of gun fellators blocking gun restrictions.

In other words, they're props.

boutons_deux
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM

they're props in the same denigrating, dishonest way that SS and medicare are entitlements. GFY

rjv
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM
this thread will be most PF's posters' dream come true-climate change, politics and religion all rolled up into one subject

Clipper Nation
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
It's pretty sad how blindingly stupid the GOP is.... hopefully when this outdated joke of a party dies out it can be replaced with an INTELLIGENT conservative party....

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Crookshanks just received an email alert.

Blake
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
:lmao I remember this song from Hebrew school. I can't believe how many people never stopped to think about how much the story is bullshit :lol

Yeah, I remember it in Sunday school too. I also remember this one kid asking where all the animal poop on the ark went, which cracked us up.

I wish I could remember the teacher response.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 02:12 PM

+10

coyotes_geek
04-29-2013, 02:34 PM
they're props in the same denigrating, dishonest way that SS and medicare are entitlements. GFY

Request to change the subject is denied. Obama is using Sandy Hook families as props. Don't take it so personally. Every politician does it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-29-2013, 02:48 PM
This thread is about jeebotard tea baggers, not about Obama using Sandy Hook parents as props (even though he is :lol)

baseline bum
04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
lol boutons with the SA210 level thread derailment

should make him an honorary jeebotard

DarrinS
04-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Yeah, that doesn't help. There's lots of evidence of pre-industrial "climate change" without referencing the freakin Bible. smh

We should all hope that CO2 helps prolong THIS particular interglacial.

RandomGuy
04-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Of course he did. That part is undeniable. He took that dog and pony around the country on AF One.

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/407/305/images.terra.com/2013/04/09/usreport-us-usa-guns-newtown.JPG

He brought them to washington, if my understanding is correct.

As a nation, I think we could collectively afford a plane trip without breaking the bank for a few grieving parents in the worst massacre of small children in our nations history. Given that this plane routinely hauls around reporters free of charge...

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM

They are people with speaking parts. If you want to call them actors then that is one thing but perhaps you should look up the difference between sets, props, actors and extras before making comparisons.

Those families wanted to be there and it's not as if they do not have a stake in the issue of gun violence.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah, that doesn't help. There's lots of evidence of pre-industrial "climate change" without referencing the freakin Bible. smh

:lol going from no warming, to the warming is insignificant, to now it preventing an ice age so it's good.

DarrinS
04-29-2013, 08:18 PM
:lol going from no warming, to the warming is insignificant, to now it preventing an ice age so it's good.

You keep trying this, but my position hasn't changed.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 08:22 PM
You keep trying this, but my position hasn't changed.

you have talked about how <insert anomaly value> is insignificant.

Now you are saying warming is good.

DarrinS
04-29-2013, 08:34 PM
you have talked about how <insert anomaly value> is insignificant.

Now you are saying warming is good.

ESL student?

jack sommerset
04-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Noah's Ark teaches us God does not tolerate sin and it will not go unpunished. God shows mercy by sparing some. The righteous will always be taken care of. God bless

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
ESL student?

UTSA engineering student?

You hope for bad things now?

Blake
04-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Noah's Ark teaches us God does not tolerate sin and it will not go unpunished. God shows mercy by sparing some. The righteous will always be taken care of. God bless

Cain beat the living shit out of righteous Abel.