PDA

View Full Version : Email Question

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 11:17 AM
So, I've been using Yahoo for years...long before I bought a smartphone. Now that I'm all in on the Android OS, I miss some of the functionality of Google Now with Google's deep integration with GMAIL.
I'd love to switch over, and will do so over the next few months, but I've got so many online accounts tied to my yahoo accounts that I dont want to simply close them and start using Gmail, nor do I want to set up 4 email accounts (2 yahoo and 2 gmail) and have to dig through them when I get an email alert. I have a yahoo account that I use exclusively for my music projects and then another for personal email. I could mirror this set up in Gmail, but again, I don't want to have to deal with 4 accounts.

Is there an app or service that will forward my yahoo emails to gmail accounts? Yahoo can do this but I have to upgrade to yahoo plus which costs $$. Not exactly thrilled to hand over cash to an account I dont want to use anymore.
Any alternatives?

DarrinS
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
My yahoo email account got hacked a few years back and was sending all kinds of spam to my contacts. This made the decision quite easy for me.

lefty
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
I swtiched from Yahoo to Gmail as soon as I got an Android

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 02:15 PM
That's great, knuckleheads. Now back to my question. Any app that forwards to gmail?

Drachen
04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
TB calling others knuckleheads when he could have googled the question he asked. Rich in vitamin..... well, you know.

http://www.redstampmail.com/resources/configuring-gmail-to-pull-mail/yahoo.com/

http://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-Yahoo!-Mail-to-Gmail

ElNono
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
^ that actually doesn't answer Teysha's question.

Teysha, you could try this:
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/30776-forward-yahoo-mail-gmail-free.html

but not sure it still works, tbh.

ElNono
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
In general, no, there's no way to forward without paying the extra bucks.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I ran across the Asia addy method. unfortunately, you can no longer revert to Yahoo mail classic. I'm screwed. Guess I'll have to pony up 20 bones to effin' yahoo.:bang

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 03:34 PM
TB calling others knuckleheads when he could have googled the question he asked. Rich in vitamin..... well, you know.

http://www.redstampmail.com/resources/configuring-gmail-to-pull-mail/yahoo.com/

http://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-Yahoo!-Mail-to-Gmail

Get a grownup to explain my question to you.

Drachen
04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
^ that actually doesn't answer Teysha's question.

Teysha, you could try this:
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/30776-forward-yahoo-mail-gmail-free.html

but not sure it still works, tbh.

why not? it pulls his yahoo mail into his Gmail box.

Drachen
04-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Get a grownup to explain my question to you.

Ok, I'll bite. what are you trying to accomplish? your question was
Is there an app or service that will forward my yahoo emails to gmail accounts?

What I posted has Gmail pull the mail from yahoo so even though it is being pulled rather than pushed, the end result is the same.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 03:39 PM
No, Yahoo blocks POP access from GMAIL unless you are a Yahoo Plus subscriber for 20 bones a year.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 03:41 PM
" Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.
POP access is limited to Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers. Please contact Yahoo! Mail's support team for more information."

Drachen
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM
No, Yahoo blocks POP access from GMAIL unless you are a Yahoo Plus subscriber for 20 bones a year.

Ok, sorry, that wasn't clear in the OP. That sucks for ya. Sorry. Are you going to have to pay 20 for each account?

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Ok, sorry, that wasn't clear in the OP. That sucks for ya. Sorry. Are you going to have to pay 20 for each account?

Looks that way. Totally sucks. I'm gonna keep looking for a work a round.

ElNono
04-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Looks that way. Totally sucks. I'm gonna keep looking for a work a round.

Just dump yahoo... you can set up a 'Vacation Response' message and then turn Auto-Respond on.

On the message just indicate what's your new gmail address. When somebody tries to email you on yahoo, they'll get the message.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Just dump yahoo... you can set up a 'Vacation Response' message and then turn Auto-Respond on.

On the message just indicate what's your new gmail address. When somebody tries to email you on yahoo, they'll get the message.

That'll take care of 90% of my mail. On the music email addy, I've got quite a few thing that ping that account for web activity, CD baby payments, and BMI notices that are auto generated. No way those will be forwarded. I can go to those sites and set up the new email address etc, but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna remember all of them.:lol

Drachen
04-29-2013, 05:47 PM
well just keep the yahoo active for a while and check it for 6 months every two weeks.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Yup, probably what I'm gonna have to do. Meh.

lefty
04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
l (http://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-Yahoo!-Mail-to-Gmail)
:lmao

Drachen
04-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Yup, probably what I'm gonna have to do. Meh.

Yeah, you are going to have to do that anyway unless you plan to pay yahoo 40 dollars a year for email accounts that you don't use.

Heath Ledger
05-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Forward all emails to your gmail and use gmail as a catch all account

velik_m
05-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Forward all emails to your gmail and use gmail as a catch all account

Apparently the free yahoo email doesn't have this option. I had to reactivate my yahoo account to check if yahoo mail is really this stupid, and it turns out it is. It sucks for people who have yahoo email as their primary email to be locked in like that.

Jacob1983
05-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Yahoo blows. Yahoo mail has been down/fucked up since yesterday. When you open an email, it's blank. So basically since yesterday, you can't read, delete, forward, or compose emails on yahoo mail. What a joke.

CubanMustGo
05-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I haven't been having that problem today.

That said it's past time to go to Gmail especially because I finally got an Android tablet this week. Have a gmail account, just never use it.

Jacob1983
05-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Apparently, I'm not the only that's been having problems with shitty yahoo. I have a Gmail account but I don't use it that much because I've had yahoo forever. I'm thinking about parting ways with yahoo. It's as reliable as sprint which means it is very shitty and doesn't work the way you want it to work.

Drachen
05-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I created a yahoo account four years ago for the express purpose of getting into a fantasy football league. I don't use it for anything else, though I currently have >5000 emails in my inbox. ALLLLLLL SPAM. That tells me all I need to know about yahoo mail.

leemajors
05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I created a yahoo account four years ago for the express purpose of getting into a fantasy football league. I don't use it for anything else, though I currently have >5000 emails in my inbox. ALLLLLLL SPAM. That tells me all I need to know about yahoo mail.

that's why i switched after i got a gmail beta invite

resistanze
05-05-2013, 06:02 PM

Same.