PDA

View Full Version : no more topless bars in SA

rjv
04-29-2013, 11:42 AM
probably a blessing in SA at least. haven't been to one in over a decade but my last recollection was that it was a good thing there was dim lighting. love the choice of wording by the judge:

The court infers plaintiffs fear enforcement of the ordinance would strip them of their profits, affecting their bottom line,” the judge wrote. “Conversely, the city asserts these businesses contribute to reduced property values, violent crime, increased drug sales, prostitution and other sex crimes and therefore need to be girdled more tightly. Plaintiffs, and by extension their customers, seek an erection of a constitutional wall separating themselves from the regulatory power of city government.”

technically, one could argue that a wal-mart has the same effect.

mouse
04-29-2013, 12:15 PM
God forbid men go see a female with her top off, after all where can you possibly see such a thing in this day and age........... the www?

Topless bars provide an income for hot single moms who want to pay for their daughter's braces or maybe some cool new implants to help seek better employment.

I wish half the passion and money spent to shut down a Titty bar was used to stop home invasions in San Antonio.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
probably a blessing in SA at least. haven't been to one in over a decade but my last recollection was that it was a good thing there was dim lighting. love the choice of wording by the judge:

The court infers plaintiffs fear enforcement of the ordinance would strip them of their profits, affecting their bottom line,” the judge wrote. “Conversely, the city asserts these businesses contribute to reduced property values, violent crime, increased drug sales, prostitution and other sex crimes and therefore need to be girdled more tightly. Plaintiffs, and by extension their customers, seek an erection of a constitutional wall separating themselves from the regulatory power of city government.”

technically, one could argue that a wal-mart has the same effect.
Or light rail...

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Or light rail...Seems to have had the opposite effect in Dallas and no appreciable effect in Austin. Upon what are you basing your claim?

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2013, 03:25 PM
meh

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Seems to have had the opposite effect in Dallas and no appreciable effect in Austin. Upon what are you basing your claim?
How long has it been in service?

The Max here in the Portland area has become a magnet for criminal activity. Almost every stop has a very high crime rate at night. Property prices outside of the city have plummeted along the route. It's been in operation now for about 30 years.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 03:37 PM

The Max here in the Portland area has become a magnet for criminal activity. Almost every stop has a very high crime rate at night. Property prices outside of the city have plummeted along the route. It's been in operation now for about 30 years.Do you have an actual source for this?

coyotes_geek
04-29-2013, 03:39 PM

The Max here in the Portland area has become a magnet for criminal activity. Almost every stop has a very high crime rate at night. Property prices outside of the city have plummeted along the route. It's been in operation now for about 30 years.

Clearly Portland needs to put more topless bars near the light rail lines. When you multiply two negatives, you get a positive.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Do you have an actual source for this?
I could find one, but you can as easily. Max is part of Trimet. I have lived in this area since 1994, and remember a time before the light rail. I have seen articles on the subject, but most is personal observation since 1976.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Chech this out:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianextra/2007/11/max.html

I live in the area called Centennial.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I could find one, but you can as easily. Max is part of Trimet. I have lived in this area since 1994, and remember a time before the light rail. I have seen articles on the subject, but most is personal observation since 1976.So your contention is there is more crime in the Portland area than when it had half as many people living in it.

Bold.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Chech this out:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianextra/2007/11/max.html

I live in the area called Centennial.Ah, I thought the link I found was out of date, but if you used an older one....

http://blog.oregonlive.com/news_impact/2009/09/GS.11MAXX113.jpg

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
So your contention is there is more crime in the Portland area than when it had half as many people living in it.

Bold.
No...

There is a disproportional amount of crime near the Max light rail stops.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Ah, I thought the link I found was out of date, but if you used an older one....

http://blog.oregonlive.com/news_impact/2009/09/GS.11MAXX113.jpg
Those are reported crimes. As more people realize reporting does no good, they stop reporting it. These numbers of course would be impossible to determine. The police have made efforts to reduce these problems, and id doing so, getting very, very expensive to maintain. I believe the current full cost per ride is now in excess of $30 after you include the stepped up police enforcement. A day pass is $5.00. At this rate, it would be cheaper for the city to pay taxi drivers for people's rides.

clambake
04-29-2013, 04:02 PM
well, if she's going to dress like that.......she's asking for it.

she's not going to report it anyway.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Those are reported crimes. As more people realize reporting does no good, they stop reporting it. These numbers of course would be impossible to determine.So it was never a reliable number in the first place, and everything you posted was worthless. OK.
The police have made efforts to reduce these problems, and id doing so, getting very, very expensive to maintain. I believe the current full cost per ride is now in excess of $30 after you include the stepped up police enforcement. A day pass is $5.00. At this rate, it would be cheaper for the city to pay taxi drivers for people's rides.Again, source?

Wild Cobra
04-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Chump.

I don't care to take the time to looking up links to support what I have witnessed over the years. The cost is at least close. There was an analysis of the cost of building the Max, how much employees are paid to operate and maintain it. The minimum estimates range around a $15 subsidy per ride. You can believe me or not as you wish. I don't care. Not worth my time to prove it, especially to you.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Chump.

I don't care to take the time to looking up links to support what I have witnessed over the years. The cost is at least close. There was an analysis of the cost of building the Max, how much employees are paid to operate and maintain it. The minimum estimates range around a $15 subsidy per ride. You can believe me or not as you wish. I don't care. Not worth my time to prove it, especially to you.I never expect you to back up your claims.

Ever.

You never have and you ignore or attempt to hand wave away all evidence that piles up contrary to the stuff you make up.

It's just fun to watch you get all indignant about it.

lol walking back a full 50%.

Blake
04-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Chump.

I don't care to take the time to looking up links to support what I have witnessed over the years. The cost is at least close. There was an analysis of the cost of building the Max, how much employees are paid to operate and maintain it. The minimum estimates range around a $15 subsidy per ride. You can believe me or not as you wish. I don't care. Not worth my time to prove it, especially to you.

just when I'm not sure you could be any more of an ass talker at this point in your ST posting career, you just keep on producing ass talking at a hall of fame level.

The Tim Duncan of ass talkers, imo

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 04:35 PM
strippers are fun as hell to hang out with

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Hookers are even more fun. Back in the day before the cartels took over we'd go to Pappagallo's and grab the table right by the door. Once they figured out we would buy them drinks but weren't gonna fuck em they were just funny as hell. We would joke about the fresh meat coming through the door and were just swarmed all night with flirting honeys.

TeyshaBlue
04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
The Tim Duncan of ass talkers, imo

:lol:lol

The Reckoning
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Hookers are even more fun. Back in the day before the cartels took over we'd go to Pappagallo's and grab the table right by the door. Once they figured out we would buy them drinks but weren't gonna fuck em they were just funny as hell. We would joke about the fresh meat coming through the door and were just swarmed all night with flirting honeys.

exactly! they really know how to be wing women. if theyre cool with you, theyll hook you up with any girl you want. i dont know what it is, but they attract other women like flies.

except in my case they buy all the drinks :lol

Blake
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM

Might be the first time I've heard a guy brag that he bought a chick drinks but didn't get any.

Big Empty
04-29-2013, 07:08 PM
damn that sucks i love strip clubs and strippers. i suppose they could just move the club outside of city limits if it starts to ruin business. you know the new permits. i neem some Sugars and Palace in my life

Drachen
04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
damn that sucks i love strip clubs and strippers. i suppose they could just move the club outside of city limits if it starts to ruin business. you know the new permits. i neem some Sugars and Palace in my life

Palace?!?! Dude, if you need some Palace, you need some Hobbies.

BobaFett1
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeDPecqD-A

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 10:19 PM

That depends on the girl. I have met all kinds. Some are more fun than others.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Chump.

:lol witnessed

you make up shit like a fat kid eats pizza.

BobaFett1
04-29-2013, 10:30 PM
:lol witnessed

WC has some valid points.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 10:32 PM
WC has some valid points.

Not that he is willing to even try to validate.

BobaFett1
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Not that he is willing to even try to validate.

Oh Fuzzy.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh Fuzzy.

hmm

Nbadan
04-29-2013, 11:58 PM
This thread went to a weird place...let's change the goalpost..

http://i.imgur.com/lbbd0OW.jpg

On Monday, a Redditor using the name "Menagerii" made office workers around the Internet drool after posting a picture of what she said was the cash she made in one day's stripping. The photo, posted to the r/pics subreddit, was captioned, "From now on when people ask me why I'm a stripper, I'm just going to show them this picture (one day of work- 1130am to 3am)."

Redditors counting at home soon realized the tips totaled over $3,000. MSN claims the number is actually $3,445. Although this is about twice what Menagerii said she normally takes in, $1,500 a night (give or take) isn't anything to sneeze at, either.

The tantalizing stack of bills was earned during a 15-plus hour shift at an all-nude joint in Atlanta, according to Menagerii. Over the course of the day, Menagerii said she had "30 or so table dances and five stage sets." A stripper for four years, she also revealed she has implants ("went from a 32b to a 32d"), a six pack and is working to put herself through engineering school.

"It's a little awkward at first, but I got used to it," she wrote. "I have always been open about my body, so most of my friends and lots of strangers had already seen me naked before I even started dancing. Some girls have to drink a lot before they are comfortable, even girls that have been dancing for years. I was fortunate to be naturally outgoing and open minded."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/stripper-tips-reddit-photo-_n_3140112.html?ir=Business

baseline bum
04-30-2013, 12:30 AM
LOL hookers always saying they're students.

Nbadan
04-30-2013, 12:45 AM
One of my friends on the FB is a stripper and she is a pretentious twit with a hot bod, but she seems to know the difference between 'wants' and 'needs'... although she makes stripper money and works stripper hours, she is always short on cash...

Nbadan
04-30-2013, 01:29 AM
“The court infers plaintiffs fear enforcement of the ordinance would strip them of their profits, affecting their bottom line,” the judge wrote. “Conversely, the city asserts these businesses contribute to reduced property values, violent crime, increased drug sales, prostitution and other sex crimes and therefore need to be girdled more tightly. Plaintiffs, and by extension their customers, seek an erection of a constitutional wall separating themselves from the regulatory power of city government.”

The Reckoning
04-30-2013, 01:33 AM
fuuuu over here they charge $200 for a 30 min private dance.

they make so much dough it's ridic.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Might be the first time I've heard a guy brag that he bought a chick drinks but didn't get any.

It was more fun to sit there and drink with the girls and make fun of the Blakes.

spursncowboys
04-30-2013, 08:28 AM
God forbid men go see a female with her top off, after all where can you possibly see such a thing in this day and age........... the www?

Topless bars provide an income for hot single moms who want to pay for their daughter's braces or maybe some cool new implants to help seek better employment.

I wish half the passion and money spent to shut down a Titty bar was used to stop home invasions in San Antonio.
Is home invasions a problem?

Blake
04-30-2013, 09:04 AM
It was more fun to sit there and drink with the girls and make fun of the Blakes.

kind of like how it's fun for me to sit here and make fun of CosmicCowboy.

Difference being that I'm not paying a whore to not have sex with me.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2013, 09:07 AM
kind of like how it's fun for me to sit here and make fun of CosmicCowboy.

Difference being that I'm not paying a whore to not have sex with me.

Unlike Blake I can afford to buy the drinks if I'm having fun, and I don't have to pay for sex.

mouse
04-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Is home invasions a problem?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=home+invasions+in+san+antonio +tx&oq=home+invasions+in+san+antonio+tx&gs_l=youtube.12...200.200.0.2100.1.1.0.0.0.0.496.4 96.4-1.1.0...0.0...1ac.2.11.youtube.EQ1cXpNY2NI

https://www.google.com/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=home+invasions+in+san+antonio+tx&oq=+home+invasions+in+San+Antonio&gs_l=hp.1.0.0j0i22i30l2.8701.8701.1.10475.1.1.0.0. 0.0.105.105.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c..11.hp.z6A6EYwNoKs&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.b2I&fp=9d3940d2ecd779b1&biw=1280&bih=931

https://www.google.com/#q=home+invasions+in+san+antonio+tx&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&psj=1&ei=Fup_UaStDaXm2QW04oHQDw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoBA&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=9d3940d2ecd779b1&biw=1280&bih=931

Blake
04-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Unlike Blake I can afford to buy the drinks if I'm having fun, and I don't have to pay for sex.

Unlike CosmicCowboy, I'm not bragging about paying hookers to not have sex with me.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2013, 11:28 AM
LOL you really should quit making a fool of yourself, cretin.

Blake
04-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Lol, I'm not the one bragging I paid hookers to not have sex with me.

Lol cretin

The Reckoning
04-30-2013, 05:09 PM
why dont we just have a gtg at ricks. that'll solve all of the inferiority complexes going around.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Lol, I'm not the one bragging I paid hookers to not have sex with me.

Lol cretin

I'm not the one that thinks a woman is supposed to have sex with him just because he buys her a drink. You must hang with some really fugly pathetic women.

Blake
04-30-2013, 05:20 PM
I definitely don't have to pay pathetic whores to hang out with me at a bar.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2013, 05:23 PM
:lmao @ Blake. Little Bitch needs to get out more. Those girls were just funny as hell making fun of the little bitches like Blake. Worth every fucking penny.

Blake
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
:lmao @ Blake. Little Bitch needs to get out more. Those girls were just funny as hell making fun of the little bitches like Blake. Worth every fucking penny.

after you left with your male companion, I'm sure they started making fun of you too.

TSA
04-30-2013, 05:52 PM
after you left with your male companion, I'm sure they started making fun of you too.
Your need to constantly argue often leads to you making a fool out of yourself, as shown here.

Blake
04-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Your need to constantly argue often leads to you making a fool out of yourself, as shown here.

I'm not arguing anything here. CC was flopping around so I threw out my hook.

Your need to figure me out, especially when I'm just funnin, makes you a huge fool.

mavs>spurs
04-30-2013, 06:23 PM
fat antonio faggots don't like titties anyway hahahha clowns

TSA
04-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Your need to figure me out, especially when I'm just funnin, makes you a huge fool.I need to figure when you're really being a bitch and when you're just pretending to be a bitch for fun? Ok, gotcha.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2013, 06:54 PM

I wouldn't cast the first stone

Oh wait.....

The Reckoning
04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
well this thread had potential. now it fucking blows, faggots.

Blake
04-30-2013, 07:28 PM
I need to figure when you're really being a bitch and when you're just pretending to be a bitch for fun? Ok, gotcha.

Lol no, i don't think you do, fool.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-30-2013, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't cast the first stone

Oh wait.....

sup guero. haven't seen you around much.

I have no idea what you are getting at but your interest in days old posts of mine definitely gets you into the fan club.

I really do make it a point to not make up things so as to base my worldview on what I want rather than what is objectively true. If I am unsure about the validity of what I say I do try and qualify it. I think that introspection is important. I am hardly infallible. That being said, WC has made a way of life of the aforementioned.

Perhaps you should consider why your ass still hurts when you and I have had no discourse in what? a year?

Big Empty
04-30-2013, 07:57 PM
a ST get together at a strip club? count me in

mavs>spurs
04-30-2013, 08:00 PM
any of you SA pussyboys like big ass titties?

Wild Cobra
05-01-2013, 02:22 AM
LOL...

I used to hang around strippers in a particular club. I heard so much about the pathetic guys who thought they were the shit. That would be funney to see Blake come in, play with the girls a bit, and then see what they would say about him.

mingus
05-01-2013, 04:40 AM
Lol going to brothels to talk to hookers to talk shit about guys who go to brothels to fuck hookers.

mingus
05-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Unlike Blake I can afford to buy the drinks if I'm having fun, and I don't have to pay for sex when I've got a ranch with a lot of cattle.

mingus
05-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Gives a new meaning to ranch dressing.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2013, 06:18 AM
LOL...

I used to hang around strippers in a particular club. I heard so much about the pathetic guys who thought they were the shit. That would be funney to see Blake come in, play with the girls a bit, and then see what they would say about him.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melhkouscW1qbofjco1_500.jpg