PDA

View Full Version : Ejection might csot Dwight Coward MILLIONS

Embedded
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Wow, we exposed his weaknesses BIG TIME in that series. He is one-dimensional. He can't shoot, he can't pass out of double teams, he is fragile mentally, and he is selfish. Bailing on your team like that? In the shape they were in?!?!?! Look at this picture - this means there's so many teammates wide open. This is basketball dysfunctionality. He's a freakishly good athlete, but that doesn't translate to NBA. http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/28/lakersspursgamer-4_3_r536_c534.jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67 cdb10c81Why is he looking up at the basket instead of looking to pass? I'll bet his stock drops big time from this.

Spur|n|Austin
04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
I have to agree, he was exposed big time; his value will plummet, imo. The whole series, I couldn't help but think how overrated he was.

Budkin
04-29-2013, 01:05 PM
As Barkley said last night on Inside, Dwight hasn't improved from 4 years ago. He said his defense and rebounding are great but that he's not a good scorer and needs to develop a go to move.

StoneBuddha
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Some owner will still pay him in the max-- that's guranteed. Be it Houston, Dallas, or the Lakers. Not saying the mental midget is worth it but an owner will fork over the dollars to get him.

z0sa
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
As Barkley said last night on Inside, Dwight hasn't improved from 4 years ago. He said his defense and rebounding are great but that he's not a good scorer and needs to develop a go to move.

He should develop posting up without going jackie chan first

dylankerouac
04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
It's not going to cost him one penny. Whatever he gets, he's still going to be overpaid for his skills.

He's still pretty much a lock for an all star spot, position as a franchise player and can put fans in the stands with his name alone. That's the value in signing him. That and he is only 27, he has at least one big contract in him, two if he actually starts to improve which shouldn't be that much of an uphill battle considering how terrible he is.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, he's still a max player in this NBA. He still got 17 and 10 on 62% shooting with so many built in excuses this series.

Raven
04-29-2013, 01:14 PM
for his own good, he should go to dallas.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
He's not as good as he's been made out to be by many people, but I'll go out on a limb and say that max salary for 36 minutes, 20 points, 13 rebounds and 2 blocks every night would be considered a bargain by every single team in the NBA.

Mark in Austin
04-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Given the number of teams with max capspace this summer and the limited talent available, somebody will overpay and give him a max contract. His best option would be to go to Houston where Harden can carry him and he can be coached by a low post master like McHale. But Howard is an attention whore who will stay in LA. Lakers are fucked.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Joe Johnson and Amare are max players. Nobody's overpaying if they throw the same money at Dwight Howard tbh.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Really, some around here have been saying Splitter is going to get something close to a max deal this summer. How could Howard not get one?

hooperflash
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
”GIMME MONEY, I DON'T QUIT!”http://mmii.info/icons/aaronwinslow_41/basketball_dwightHoward.gif

stxspurs
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Why is there a hand without a body next to bonkers arm? Wtf?

Legacy
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I got so tired of hearing about this asshole with his Orlando drama last year--He just brought it with him again as a FUCKING LAKER, to top it off, playing against The Spurs. Seriously, let him wallow in his sorrow and misery all next season (WTFever) with his ass-buddy, Achilles, for all I fucking care. Whatta' deadbeat piece-of-garbage. :sleep

Drachen
04-29-2013, 01:45 PM

There is a fourth spur behind him.

You can see the top of his head right over dwights head, and part of his jersey over dwights right shoulder.

Old School 44
04-29-2013, 02:40 PM

Yep...that is a weird photo. Manu's arm looks strange. One of Bonner's arms looks too skinny. The guy from behind looks like Blair (at least the top of his head), but the hand doesn't seem to match.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Howard won't win you a title as your best scorer, but when healthy, he's by far the best rebounder and defender in the NBA, tbh..

If you put him on a team like Houston, if healthy, without the drama and pressure of playing with Kobe, they will be very dangerous..

Shit, as chumpdumper said, even when it appears that he played horribly, he still gave you very good numbers with a horrible supporting cast..let's not neglect that not only was he being guarded by Duncan(top 3 defender) and Splitter(good defender), he was being swarmed all series long..

Cry Havoc
04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah, he's still a max player in this NBA. He still got 17 and 10 on 62% shooting with so many built in excuses this series.

Yep. He's the leading rebounder in the NBA this year. De-facto max contract.

will_spurs
04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Reality: Dwight sucks. He basically has the same stats (and half the impact) as Duncan, who is 36. He definitely didn't recover from his back surgery, and it's unclear whether he ver will. However I'm quite sure there's at least one GM in the NBA stupid enough to a) bring that cancer to his team and b) pay him the max.

Note that if LA doesn't resign him, he's indeed losing millions of $ already.

Captivus
04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
He could go to the GSW...that would be scary.

look_at_g_shred
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM

Dude doesn't care about winning, or contributing to an already good team. If he wanted to win he'd take the necessary pay cut and go to a good team (Spurs, OKC, GSW, Nuggets) Like someone said already, all he plays for is attention and money. You can tell basketball doesn't come first for him.

phxspurfan
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
It helps when the rest of his team is a bunch of D League scrubs so you can triple team off the scrubs

Brazil
04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/28/lakersspursgamer-4_3_r536_c534.jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67 cdb10c81Why is he looking up at the basket instead of looking to pass? I'll bet his stock drops big time from this.

FWIW This picture does mean that dude cannot hit a FT nothing to do with he can't shoot or he can't pass the ball

not saying he can but the choice of the picture is not good to illustrate your take.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Dude doesn't care about winning, or contributing to an already good team. If he wanted to win he'd take the necessary pay cut and go to a good team (Spurs, OKC, GSW, Nuggets) Like someone said already, all he plays for is attention and money. You can tell basketball doesn't come first for him.

:lol how exactly would this work?..

phxspurfan
04-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Imagine a team of Howard, Gasol, Danny Green, De Colo and Mills, with D'Antoni coaching...

hooperflash
04-29-2013, 03:23 PM
There is a fourth spur behind him.You can see the top of his head right over dwights head, and part of his jersey over dwights right shoulder.
Yep...that is a weird photo. Manu's arm looks strange. One of Bonner's arms looks too skinny. The guy from behind looks like Blair (at least the top of his head), but the hand doesn't seem to match. IIRC, Cory Joseph was also involved in that. If you look below the basketball you see Dejuan's dark hand and Joseph's left hand.

Yea, it was CoJo. 33 seconds in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev9Dq4ly2bY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

look_at_g_shred
04-29-2013, 04:01 PM
:lol how exactly would this work?..

Take less money to be on a winning team..

Chinook
04-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Imagine a team of Howard, Gasol, Danny Green, De Colo and Mills, with D'Antoni coaching...

That's pretty much what Orlando used during their successful years, though they had Turkoglu instead of Gasol. Surrounding Howard with three-point shooters is actually not a bad strategy.

snickles
04-29-2013, 05:12 PM

HAHAHAH that was the first thing my eyes went to as well!

conjoined twin under his arm????? perhaps the new state farm spokespersons?

snickles
04-29-2013, 05:13 PM

to warriors fans...

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 05:25 PM
If the max NBA contract were twice as much, there would be about five guys who would get it. Dwight's probably one of them.

And why would Lakerfan really care that Dwight quit in a playoff elimination game? Bynum did it. Odom did it. Kobe did it.

LarryDavid
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
No it won't. Guy is going to get max money somewhere.

TD 21
04-29-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't even know why this is a debate. I doesn't even matter how immature he is or how lacking his ball skills are or that he's a loser, when he's physically right, he's the second best big man in the league (and the one that's better is 37 and plays limited minutes, as far as star players go). Even in this era, that's incredibly valuable and it always will be, no matter how much the game changes. If he's not worth the max, then outside of James and Durant, I don't know who definitively is.

temujin
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
I wrote this time ago, I rewrite it.
Props to SVG that brought his team to the Finals with this guy as a center.
Starting center, no less.

I can't think of a professional basketball player (in and out of the NBA) with a lower IQ.
Javale Mcgee is Einstein, compared.
BB IQ, of course..

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I might give this idea credence if not for there being a max contract. He will get multiple max offers if on the market. There are only a handful of quality centers in the NBA.

Captivus
04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8237/d12hands.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/d12hands.jpg/)

Blair is behind him, his right hand is the left circle, but the right circle has 2 hands...

J_Paco
04-29-2013, 07:13 PM
If you don't think that Dwight Howard is a max contract player then you, much like Reggie Miller, are an idiot, IMO. Is Dwight a very flawed player? Yes, his offensive game is rudimentary, based entirely on athleticism and he's a terrible, terrible free-throw shooter. Yet, he's a dominant physical force only matched by (oft-injured) Andrew Bynum and is probably the best overall defensive big man in the NBA when 100% healthy. Oh, he's also an elite rebounder only matched by Kevin Love and Reggie Evans.

Needs to find an elite wing player (ala James Harden) so that he can play Shaq to the other guy's Kobe. If he had any sense he'd sign with Houston, but he's a moron and will re-sign with Los Angeles.

baseline bum
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM

No he can't; they have $75 million committed for next season.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Should have traded Tony Parker for him while they had the chance...:lol

Spursfan092120
04-29-2013, 07:27 PM
The Lakers will pay him the max...not because they want to, but because they have to.

ShoogarBear
04-29-2013, 08:00 PM
If you put him on a team like Houston, if healthy, without the drama and pressure of playing with Kobe, they will be very dangerous..

Yeah, you put him on a team with a real alpha like Harden, and a bunch of guys who can hit threes (similar to his situation in Orlando), that's a top 3-4 team.

Captivus
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM
No he can't; they have $75 million committed for next season.

I didn't think of that, on purpose. I was just saying that he could benefit from a good shooting backcourt.

100%duncan
04-29-2013, 08:28 PM
He's a loser tbh. Fuck that bitch.

Legacy
04-29-2013, 09:47 PM
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/63.gif Dear God, I am so happy and grateful that Spurs fans all over the world have someone really, TRULY special playing for their favorite basketball team right now. He is a beautiful person both inside as well as out. He is extremely gifted and talented beyond belief; and I know you have blessed him with these amazing abilities because he was simply destined to be the very best at what does at this moment in time. He will remain on the right path, keeping people happy, smiling, and laughing for as long as you wish him to--until it is time for him to move on to the next chapter in his life. But for now... we are really, truly blessed to have a great person like Timothy Duncan on our side (and vice-versa, of course;)), playing the game of basketball with TRUE heart and soul for us. ... As one of my best friends once said before he passed on, "You ain't seen nuthin' yet... and the best is yet to come!" http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/71.gif http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/79.gif

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2013, 10:02 PM

Interesting, as I was just thinking about how much I liked Dwight 4 years ago and how little respect I have left for him today given his childish petulance and inability to make decent decisions on or off the court. Seems like he peaked in 2009 and has gone nowhere but down since.

However, he will still get the max. I'd be intrigued to see him in Houston to compliment Harden's scoring, and surrounded by a team of versatile shooters like Parsons and Delfino. That would be a scary team.

PS Just saw your post Shoog - great minds think alike. ;)

Malice
04-29-2013, 10:09 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8237/d12hands.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/d12hands.jpg/)

Blair is behind him, his right hand is the left circle, but the right circle has 2 hands...

LOL holy shit. I think Someone came off the bench to get some Dwight. No wonder he lost his shit.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that one of those hands belongs to Dwight?

Samr.
04-30-2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/28/lakersspursgamer-4_3_r536_c534.jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67 cdb10c81

All the sudden Jason Collins really, REALLY wants to join the lakers....

(what... too soon?)

elec99
04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
It's Kuato from Total Recall!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJQLS9-CS3gFXEQuZQJtsF4n26eIp2CYKaZkR4BatdkwjQuzfW0A

elec99
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
That's why we tripled him, didn't want this little bastard to start making shots.

Shifty
04-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Is all 5 Spurs around him. In Dwight's defense (I know I feel weird), he just grabbed an offensive rebound and everyone on the Spurs went for it.